Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

considering insanity

Well, 700 calories isn't working. You know, I probably wouldn't be so stressed about this if I wasn't trying to hard. But I read so many stories of how people just have their weight fall off.

I've lost 12 pounds since March. I keep telling myself that I just have to hang in for one more week before I go see my doctor. Right now that is the only thing that is keeping me going.

When I was in a slump, I found I had gained muscle, heck what am I talking about, that was back in the spring, what's the issue with the current slump of two months, ERRRR.

Crystal,

Thanks for letting us know your feelings. Im feelin' your sorrow over here. Honestly, I am.

If there is any one person I wanted to see a H U G E weightloss with this band - it was you. I dont know why.

So, why are you waiting to see/talk to your doctor? He needs to know this.

Sorry, I had to wait to see him because he's in the Seattle area, and I spend most of my time in SE ID, about 10-14 hour drive, depending on who's driving.

So, 700 calories didn't work. I lost 1.5 pounds that entire month. I got unfilled shortly after being home, so I'm at about 1200 calories and, well I gained 10 pounds. I weigh the same as I did in July.

The thyroid tests all came back normal, but I've been on the meds for almost 2 weeks, and they haven't started working yet. My PCP is baffled. When I get back from DC at the end of the week I'll start looking for an Endocrinologist here in ID. I dicided that I won't want to wait until March when I go home for Spring Break.

So Mike just dropped me off here in SE ID, he was able to spend a day with me before he had to go back to Seattle.

which test are you talking about Pat? I've had the thyroid test, and they all came out smack dab normal. I just checked my body fat percentage, and I'm now at 42%, so I've lost muscle mass.

I haven't had the various test that the Endo will suggest, since I don't know what they are.

I'm so very tired of this. I just want the band to work. I want to be just like everyone else.

Oops, I was talking about the muscle mass test, I must have missed where you'd lost muscle. I'm at a loss now too. I've got to get my head outta my ash and get with it. I've been at the same weight for a couple of months and it's getting old.

Hugs girl, hang in there.

Okay, since going so low didn't work, I've decided that I"m going to try to go the other way, and up my calories to about what men are recommended to use. 1400 -1600 calories for a man my height.

So, for the next month, I'm going to shoot for 1400 calories. I sure wish I wasn't an uber-turtle.

Hello, Vines... Wanted to let you know that I have difficulty losing weight. I have very low basal metabolic rate (on thyroid meds, but they ain't magic), and I have Metabolic Syndrome, AKD Syndrome X, more tradionally known as pre-diabetic syndrome with HIGH INSULIN RESISTANCE.

After eating, my eyes get very blurry and have for the past 3 years. Double vision, even. This is from the high blood glucose levels I get after "regular meals".

Worse, the carbs trigger high insulin production, which makes me hungry for MORE CARBS, even as the blood sugar spikes. Let me point out that I have always had normal FASTING blood sugars.

The only way I can eat and lose is to focus on Protein, include fats, but avoid all refined and simple carbs (limited green veggies & Beans in moderation are all I strive to limit myself to)..

I, too, have to severely limit my calories to lose... that is why I'm so glad that a focus on Proteins can keep my satisfied, not hungry.

I am hopeful for you --- just work on eliminating refined carbs and limiting the others.

I am really glad that you started this thread. I have been banded since 11-15 and the only weight that I lost was in the first few days on liquid diet. I feel your frustration and hope that when you find the answer you will let us all know.

Good luck!

Hi Vines, I know how you feel......:cry I've lost a whoopping 10lbs since 4/05:mad:

I know I eat half of what I ate before band, so whats up, right?

My Doc had me visit the nutritionlist today and she gave me this breathing test.....for 10mins you breath in this tube. And it figures out how many calories you burn sitting on your butt.

For me it was !3000 cals:faint: all this time i've been eatting about 1000. She set up a plan for me, 1545 cals for a 3lb loss each week.:):hungry:

I'm starting it tomorrow.

Maybe you should look into it......;) Good Luck with upping your cals....

Wow, that sounds like an amazing test, but I live in SE ID, where you have to set your clock back several decades once you arrive.

Holy cow! 1500 calories sounds like so much food. I know that I haven't been getting close to what I set for my new calorie goals, but it's hard when I've been so low cal for so long...

Please, please, please keep me abreast of how well you do on that, and gimme more details on that test!

Sorry I don't really know much about the test, it's just a "metabolism test". I have alot of muscle so my metabolism is high. Your so active, I bet you have alot of muscle too.

So far since Jan 18th I've lost :clap2: 3lbs !!!

If you can some in fo on Diabete eating thats just what it is.....