Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

considering insanity

If by low GI, you are refering to low glycimic index? Yes, I've been using this method of eating for several years now, fat lot of good it has done me...

It is frustrating and demoralizing! The only thing I changed, besides getting a fill and dropping my calories for half a week was to actually increase my carb intake.

1200-1500 calories wasn't doing any good, so that's why I dropped to 1000.

Thanks Donali, I will start researching body building techniques. I may have to turn into one if I want to see results, or the results I think I want anyway.

I think dropping my calories down to the sub-1000 range is insanity. I know that some people are losing weight rapidly, but you are right, at what cost in the long term?

I know that most people would be calling up Jenna for a Booty Shaking Dance but I"m suspicous of the loss. I don't think it's real. I don't trust it.

Someone get me a huggy jacket!

Oh, just one more comment on this subject...

Does anyone really believe that a race horse in training receives less food????

Think about it... To train an athelete to prime form (in this case, a horse), they are fed the best quality feed and are exercised everyday...

FWIW...

Oops, let me correct myself. 800 calories a day isn't enough food. I wasn't saying you should eat 800 calories, I was simply stating that if you only eat that much, the weight will start to fall off fast - and very unhealthily (is that a word?)

I guess I will add my 2 cents worth. You could eat a lot less and maybe lose. I don't know the answer myself but something has occurred to me that strikes me as funny. All my life I have heard eat only salad when you go out. Well one day I was watching some cows eat and I thought all the cows eat is mostly grass and why are they so fat? Any answers from anyone?

Cows are big, I think, not fat. And the ones that are fat are undoubtedly fed grain after being out in the pastures...

I NO THAT IT CAN BE FRUSTRATING!!!!!! BUT YOU WILL GET THERE IT ALL TAKE S TIME. I no you want it now but it will come. I have faith in you, you are well knowledged & a beautiful person. I always look forward to reading your posts.... and if you don,t get enough Protein in your body you will start losing hair/ and other problems weight loss and staying healthy have to go hand in hand. equal balance.

I beat my self up daily do I want to conform to vanity to one,s appearance so people will not judge me! when I was fat! Dam I stilled looked good!!!!

just hang in there ok! if you need a couch let me no. go girl go girl see I, can help.

JohnQ

Ooohh...I know the answer to this one! OK, maybe a possible answer...I mapped out my weight loss totally! Calculated the calories I ate, the calories I burned at DAILY workouts...didn't work too well. Not that it didn't work at all, no I was loosing weight but not at the rate that my calculations said I should be. I signed up for a personal trainer on-line. Sent a few e-mails to her and asked about the issue. She recommended several things which I'm following now.

1-increase your calorie intake (I was doing between 800-1000daily and I was getting a whole lot of bubkis/nothing in return) to around 1300-1500 a day. She said not to view food as the enemy but to consume it at strategic times to give you the energy you need to be active. So, always eat something within 45 minutes of waking up...this is a RULE. Never eat late at night. Don't go to the Gym hungery because you need the energy...have a little nibble. Also, this keeps you from consuming too much after workouts and leaves you able to consume the Water you need to replace that which you just sweated out.

2-Walk, walk, walk. She suggested 30 minutes two times daily (once in the first part of the day and once in the latter part of the day). I get this right about 50% of the time but that's better than nothing!

3 - take up a weight regime. Doing weights for some reason is really positive for weight reduction...especially when combined with Cardio. In your workout warm up for 10-20 minutes, then do weights and finally finish with your cardio. Do the cardio last so that you maximize your calorie loss (first 20 minutes of a workout is utilizing energy which is readily available in the blood rather than that which is stored in your thighs).

4- Finally, revamp the diet. If you have't already done so, cut out anything which remains from the prepackaged, high salt, high whatever, full of preservatives foods. I wrote down everything I ate for a month, day by day. Boring, boring, boring but useful for the following reason, I was able to ID just a few things which I do which I could change. I am making these changes to my diet every time I feel like I'm hitting a plateau. Unfortunatly, I'm still not able to give up the half/half and sugar in my morning coffee!

Oh and don't forget to take at least one day off exercise every week. Other wise your body gets overly tired and your body assumes you are under extreme stress and tries to maintain the status quo.

Best of Luck!

Time to revisit this thread.

I have gained and lost the same five pound again and again. Today I weigh exactly the same as I did when I started this thread, almost 2 months ago. I've tried to increase my calories, and up my excersize. Nothing. I'm eating low glycimic, nothing.

So, I recently had my 5th fill, so I am at 2 ccs and not the nearly 3 ccs like I thought. Which is good, because I have amazing restriction. I've spent the last week trying to get used to this fill level, especially at this altitude.

Okay, I just tracked my calories for the last two days, since being at home wasn't really a good indication, what with Thanksgiving and all. So, for the last two days I've around 700 calories. I'm not hungry, we will see how this goes. Nothin else has worked.

I just thought I'd give y'all a heads-up.

Hey Miro, it's been about a month since you visited here...how's it going? Post an update for us!

Vines, I'm still stuck too. And I don't have a leak or a poor fill doc. Humph. So I'm considering taking diet pills...maybe a 1/2 just to give my metabolism some va-voom. I don't want to go tighter, what with all this erosion stuff going around. Something has GOT to give.

Maybe once a week you should up your calories by a few hundred? I know all the discussion about how eating less than 1000 a day is bad bad bad but hell, I'll try anything at this point. I'm with you on cutting way back.

This might sound crazy but do you drink a ton of Water? I notice when I slack off on my Water so does my weight but when I start my day off with a big jug of water and then another in the afternoon, the freakin weight moves again and let me just say I am a couch potato. I just got the okay to start exercising yesterday.

Are you getting in enuf Fiber? you can eat alot (volume) of veggies and stay at low calories. I like the mushy veggies, they go down easier than chewing a big ol hunk of broccoli.

I agree with every one here, please don't lower your calories to low, its not healthy. What you can try is staggering your calories, one day 1200, next day 1000, then 1200, then maybe 900. It might trick your body and give it the boost you need.

Good luck !!!!

Hugs

I still think this has to do with certain med's you are taking.

Im baffled that you are eating so little - and yet, have no weightloss. It doesnt make sense. And somehow eating less is going to solve the problem?

Im still putting my money on the med's.

I love pharmicist. I think they are awesome. My suggestion is to find a pharmicist that has time to give you (probably an independent pharmacy - not a big one like Walgreens or Walmart), so you two can discuss the med's you take that equals to this "no weightloss".

?????????????????????? I dunno sista!

Hey!

I have been reading a lot of your posts - man, you are a HOOT, not a QUACK!!!!

I say maybe you should be counting inches instead of calories and pounds! I am sure that with all of the activity you get and the dietary guidelines you follow that something big is happening!! Why don't you post a before and now pic and let us see what we think?! That will help you get things in perspective (or you could just put on the outfit you wore the day before your surgery and see how big it is on you now!!!!)

I am one of your personal cheerleaders - rah rah vinesqueen, go girl go!

~cheri

Yup, I get plenty of Water, and I take benifiber quite frequenly, nearly everynight, espically now that i'm so darn tight. And I've tired the mixing it up like you suggest Eileen, too, but that didn't work any more than anything else has :)

Good point about the meds Paula. I 've check my meds myself, and weight gain was only an indicator when I was on birth control this summer. I am still gaining and losing those same five pounds. :)

I know I am going to get a lot of flat for stating this-because I did get some before, but I find myself very different in loosing weight from mosts experiences. I did not loose weight unless I starved myself. Every week I ate at the 1200 level I gained or maintained. I have a sedintary job with lots of hours so my exercise level is low to medium on the weekends when I chase my 2 daughters around and clean up after them. With my last fill several months ago I lost alot of my feeling of being hungry.

Now with that said-- For years and years I abused my body to get to the weight I was- and no one was scolding my. I weighed around 445 pre banding at 6'1" tall with a broad body frame--perfect football player frame. For me what has worked is to eat one meal a day--yet call me crazy- but one meal a day to stomach satisfaction is what keeps me going. I am not hungry threw out the day and usually eat my meal at 4-6 pm. By eating one filling meal I think my body sees what it is getting and does not lock up my weight. With this eating routine, I do not get hungry during the day and function fine. By my urine,I can tell my body is metabolizing my fat. I also am taking food derived Vitamin liquids to help ensure my body has its nutrients. Following this unorthodox method of loosing weight I am loosing 3-4 pounds a week. Yes it is a bit high but after weeks of plateus and of frustration I am happy with what I am doing. Do I recommend it for others--no--that would be irresponsible of me- after all what I am suggesting flies in the face of reason and what is acceptable standards. All I can do it tell you of what I found that worked for me. What I am explaining can also cause certain pesonality types to develop other eating disorders-however I do not have that type of personality and do not face those ghosts. Once I have gotten enough weight off where I am closer to my ideal weight then I will modify my eating slowly to one of more moderation and in line with "accepted standards". Of course if I was to loose my feeling of saiety with my band, my eating my change sooner. I also noticed that if I ate the same amount of calories in three meals a day verses the one meal a day I feel alot more hungrier threw out the day. When I went for the first time with a one meal day--because of necessity--worked threw my meals- the next morning I was not hungry- and lunch was a breeze too, so I just ate in the evening again--and again and again. That week I noticed my close were falling off me..... Holy cow!! Today I have no clothes to wear and have to put on shorts and then pants on for a chance that they will stay up-till I can get some more.

By the way I have a very slow thyriod but cannot take the medicine because it gives me terrible headaches.

Like I said- I am not recommending anyone do what I am doing-but just that people are different and what works for some might not work for others. In my mind I always remember- If you keep doing the same things and are expecting different results- then you aren't as smart as you look.

T