Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Lap Band Buddy / Mentor Surgery date Oct 8, Just need someone to talk to

I know I am ready to do this. I just would really appreciate someone to ask questions & share the feelings I have about this huge event in my life. My date is October 8. A day before my birthday. I don't even have the words to describe this amazing gift. I have been overweight since i was 10 years old. Up & down, & up & down. As an adult the smallest size I ever wore (which was so brief--I think I blinked and it was over) was a 14. It has been an extremely rough road, but here I am. It's incredible the emotion you feel as you face the reality of your situation. Looking forward to friendship on here with those who can relate.

Sincerely.

Congratulations!!! I had my surgery in January. Everything happened very fast once I got approval from my insurance company. I remember thinking how truly blessed I was that it was all happening, because even as I was doing the pre-op stuff and trying to get approval from my insurance I didn't believe it was going to happen.

I am sure you are experiencing tons of different emotions, I know I was. Please feel free to PM me any questions. I would love to help you out in any way I can on your amazing journey.

Good luck!

you can PM me as well- I am 5 years out and maintaining after losing 250 lbs....I am also one of several who provide support for new band patients in my doctor's practice and would be delighted to answer any questions I can and to be there for you. It is a wonderful opportunity and I am thnakful every day that I have my life back.

sandi2004

I know I am ready to do this. I just would really appreciate someone to ask questions & share the feelings I have about this huge event in my life. My date is October 8. A day before my birthday. I don't even have the words to describe this amazing gift. I have been overweight since i was 10 years old. Up & down, & up & down. As an adult the smallest size I ever wore (which was so brief--I think I blinked and it was over) was a 14. It has been an extremely rough road, but here I am. It's incredible the emotion you feel as you face the reality of your situation. Looking forward to friendship on here with those who can relate.

Sincerely.

Hi there. I see we have the same date so I think I will definitely know some of the feelings you are going through. Feel free to drop me a line.:bored:

Hi there. I see we have the same date so I think I will definitely know some of the feelings you are going through. Feel free to drop me a line.:bored:

Well Hello there!

I just did my pre-op teaching today and met with the dietitian.

That is really cool we have the same date. I am feeling just about every feeling possible right now. Most of all I am so very excited about losing this weight. I almost don't care what it takes to do it, as long as it goes away, lol. I am starting my 2 week diet tomorrow, I know I'd just add another day of eating crap I am not supposed to, so might as well put me outta my misery, lol. Looks like we are starting in similar places too.

weight.png

Pre-Op Diet: 9/23

Surgery: 10/8

First Fill: 10/30:thumbup:

SO READY FOR A BAND IN MY LIFE!

Well Hello there!

I just did my pre-op teaching today and met with the dietitian.

That is really cool we have the same date. I am feeling just about every feeling possible right now. Most of all I am so very excited about losing this weight. I almost don't care what it takes to do it, as long as it goes away, lol. I am starting my 2 week diet tomorrow, I know I'd just add another day of eating crap I am not supposed to, so might as well put me outta my misery, lol. Looks like we are starting in similar places too.

Oh I've been eating crap, I even had donuts today. I never have donuts. I was going to start being better but truth is I will probably wait until Thursday. I'm much better with deadlines. I'm 5'4" so almost the same height. The only thing I'm worried about is that I'm anemic and they will get my blood results and cancel my surgery. I've been taking Iron pills to see if I can avoid this. Of course the other thing I'm worried about is failure. I want to start so I can see that it's not like all the other times I've tried.

Well I am a liar, lol. We ordered pizza for dinner tonight. And I know I will cheat tomorrow with leftovers. So I talked big, but I am definitely not starting for real until Thursday. So enjoy tomorrow! I will too! And we should touch base with each other as our 2 week pre-op diets progress.

You're not a liar, Good intentions are often over-ruled by a good pizza. I had it Monday so I would know. I think my strategy is that I've made myself half-sick from all the stuff I've been eating that I'm now actually looking forward to eating less and it not making me feel so terrible. Have you finished everything but the diet? Did you do your blood work yet?

Thank you for making me feel better : )

I have been doing the Protein shakes for Breakfast this week. It's just at lunch and dinner I go nuts on what I shouldn't be eating. I had a yummy shake for Breakfast, but them leftovers in there don't stand a chance. Whatever isn't gone will be getting trashed tonight. I am the same as you. Deadlines are in black and white. We have to start tomorrow, not today. That is exactly what I am going to do, lol. I have to get blood work done a week prior to surgery. So I will do that next Thursday. How about you? So glad I am not the only one going through these food battles. Glad we found each other to vent to : )

weight.png

Pre Op Diet: 9/24/09

Current Weight: 238

Goal Weight: 145

Height: 5' 2.75"

Surgery: October 8

SO READY FOR A BAND IN MY LIFE!:tongue2:

I actually drink the Slim-Fast drinks when I can't grab lunch so I'm not worried not liking the liquid (I actually drink them warm so obviously I can eat anything). I'm usually really good controlling my appetite all day and then get home and eat like a bear. My cats probably run in fear. I know the first few days will be the worst because of all the sugar I've eaten lately. I didn't get instruction on how much before surgery I need to get my blood work so I'm thinking maybe Saturday since it's fasting and I work in DC. Traffic is a pain to come in later in the day. I don't want any surprises so I'd like to get it done earlier just in case they need to change anything. I don't want it to be the day before or something.

It's very nice to talk to someone going through the same thing. I can't wait to see what I'm like in a few days. I'll probably just be typing one word replies cause I'm weak or cranky...LOL

I was told no more than 10 days before surgery, but no less than 3. That is why I am doing it right about 1 week before. And definitely, DC traffic, sheeeeesh, I will have to tell you about my one and only trip there. Hilarious adventure!

Yeah you definitely want to do it early in the day because you do have to fast, and you definitely don't want to be all worked up either from gridlock.

My job is being a Mommy/Wife, so unfortunately I have full access to eating whenever and whatever. But on the flip side I am chasing my 18 month old, which keeps me hopping. I just want to be so healthy for him, I want to do more with him, I feel guilty about that. He is only going to become more active the older he gets.

But other than the blood work and following the pre-op diet rules, that's it until surgery. You just have to fast 8-10 hours before surgery, (or the night before) including no Water.

Wonder how much we'll lose on this before surgery!

What do you get to eat on your diet? Besides the basic liquids? And don't worry I am sure I will be a grumpy butt as well. Just keep yourself happy when thinking of how much weight will be gone with your band after surgery!!!! YAY!

weight.png

You are truly an inspiration!

weight.png

SO READY FOR A BAND IN MY LIFE!:tongue2: Today 05:24 AM

You are truly an inspiration sandi2004! I am sure I will have questions once I get my band. Thank you for being here.

weight.png

Good Luck on your first day-:thumbdown:

Jodi