Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need All Lbt,er Help!!

I,am killing my self with exercise1 15 hours of exercise..... a week .Am I over doing it.

Ihave been eating a little more because of weight lifting, that alone is two hour work out plus hour walking.hitting heavy bag or bike.........

feel really depressed over this I know that i am under 1500 calories,I was at about 1200 and was not losing any more so that when I added weight to tighten flabby arms more reps less weight. Started gaining weights. arms are tighting.

can a person over exercise/not giving there body not enough time to heal? well there is always starvation....hahaha I know that is not the answer.

what shoud i do quit weights stick to cardeo needed answer fast Ideas please.

weighed in at 212 drinking lots of water... or just go back to walking only thata has always did it before! JOHNQ

Remember that muscle is denser than fat, so muscle weighs more. You might not be losing, but I bet if you take your measurements you've lost inches. If you enjoy exercising, then keep it up. But if it's a real chore, I personally don't think any "normal" person should have to work so hard. If you're doing a body-building thing then it's okay, but careful about overdoing it because that's how people get burned out.

You look damn good though!

In my opinion, your first priority is to make your exercise regimin something that you can keep up day after day after month after year. There is no way you can keep up this pace for the long haul. So cut back, and let your body adjust it's metabolism to your 1500-1800 calories a day with an hour of exercise. Do cardio one day, heavy weights the next, and let your muscles rest and repair the next when you do cardio.

John, you have worked so hard. Don't burn out, please. Adjust your routine to be sure you can maintain your success. It will take time, but you have proven you have the discipline to do what it takes. Now your job is to figure out how to make it last.

And do what DeLarla said and measure!!! That's where you'll see even more success!!

Change it up, John.

You do need to allow the muscle groups to heal between workouts. Rotate your workouts so that you work legs one day, abs another, arms the next and then do them again. If I remember correctly, my trainer at the gym said to allow 2 days between workouts.

And as the others have said, don't burn out. If it is not at least a little enjoyable, you won't keep going.

Good Luck, you hottie!

:]

Do you happen to belong to a gym? Maybe you could ask one of the personal trainers for their advice. If you don't belong, but know someone who does, they usually give them complimentary day passes for friends, and at least you could talk to a professional about it. I know I belong to Bally's and they allowed me a free day pass to just try it out, no obligations, no charge, no contract. It was a good way to get a feel for what they had to offer, including talking to some trainers.

I was just posting to Vines as she is fighting the weight stall right now and I found out she is very active and told her that maybe she should be getting her total body fat % checked out, in addition to weighing and measuring, it's a good tool to show progress with.

Hope some of this helps. Good luck to you, you are a wonderful inspiration to us all and I am glad you post on the boards!! I also agree with the other ladies, you're quite the handsome hunk :-]

Cindy

Thanks so much ladys!! My friends all! I thought about it I have been killing my self walking every day. 6days aweek of exercising weight,s biking heavy bag speed bag! im not giving my body time to heal and proper rest... I have noticed abig change I have dimp pulls in my stomach in dents only because I was up to 1000 crunths. to much. up to four hours aday work out.

it has also seemed like an addiction i like the adrenalin of the work out even bigger arms.the total package. Im trying to hard.I rolled a machine down a hill and hurt knee shoulder so I will be slowing down! ................probley not by choice!................

I guess Im a fraid of being fat again. My personalty is do every thing 110% I used to have anixity disorder. thats gone now. now i have a compulsave disorer. haha

new rule...... mon-wed fri weights .... tue -thur cardeo heavy bag/speed bag cruntchs 3 times aweek when I up and around.

Im not trying to impress any one just be in great shape, this weight loss life style change for the past ten months has been rewarding I can buy of the kid rack....and I have great friends like you who are full of wisdom and who no ,how it is to be heavy I just hated being discrimanated by people because I was heavy!

WELL THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR WISDOM IT HAS PUT ME INTO THE RIGHT MIND SET AND IT LIKE LOSING WEIGHT ( YOU CAN,T DO IT ALL IN A DAY ) GETING IN SHAPE WILL TAKE TIME!!!!

I, will slow down and just let it take me where ever, keeping in shape that is.

but in time!!!

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND KIND WORDS i WISH EVERY, ONE HAD A SUPPORT NET WORK LIKE THIS.JOHNQ

Yep, the less rest time you give your body, the harder it will be to gain muscle mass. You gain the mass when you're resting, as your body repairs the "damage" you did by lifting weights, all the microscopic tears are fixed up and then some, which is why your muscles get bigger. You need a day of rest in between!

But overexercising isnt a case of more and more of a good thing. You'll exhaust yourself. I'm nowhere near that exercise load but I find that if I do too much its counterproductive becuase then I just sit on the couch for the rest of the day. At my current weight, I am exhausted after an 8km walk and I have to make an effort to not then slow down the rest of the day - if you do no other activity in the day where normally you would, the calories burned by the walk are not really that beneficial are they? Its really the incidental stuff that adds up.

You'll also depress your immune system and make yourself sick, put your bone density at risk, its just not natural for a human body to be doing that much "on purpose" exercise - we're designed to walk long distances, hunt our food and protect our families, not lift huge weights thousands of times a week and run on hard surfaces for miles and miles. Look at footballers and other elite athletes. Their careers are relatively short and their legacy is bad knees, dicky ankles, bad shoulders etc. It ruins their bodies!

And think about it - why replace obsessive unhealth behaviour (ie. overeating) with another obessive unhealthy behaviour? Isnt the goal balance in our lives? Enjoy your exercise, just try to stay very active in your everyday life but dont do too much of anything.

Over exercising is bad, and so is over eating. Perhaps, that’s why Buddha preached to follow the moderate path. Normally work-outs should make you feel rejuvenated and not depressed. You must look into your fitness regime. And, equally important is to correct your eating habits. There must be a fine balance between the two. There is a useful site about eating disorders and treatment, http://www.edtreatmentcenters.com/ . Check them out. Good Luck!