Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Chat

Beanie, my DH watches that cop stuff, then all those judge shows. Bores me to death, I ask him every time why in the world would he be so interested in other peoples problems, we don't agree on anything, but Earl, LOL.

Good Morning :D

Thanks everyone for letting me get my frustrations out here yesterday, but mostly thanks for your support. It means so much. HUGS.

Cindy *hugs* I agree, skinny people don't understand. I'm also thankful for you all here, its nice to have people who truly understand and not just yes you to death. Your party sounds like a blast. I'm sure its gonna be a good time for everyone. What time is dinner being served, I'll be there :)

Well nothing much is new here, I have to call the HR lady back today, she said she needed more information...gosh this is gonna suck. But I gotta keep my chinny chin chins up and march on.

First I need some oatmeal and a cup of coffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Whatcha all up to this humpedy hump day?

Already had the coffee, gotta figure out what I'm wearing to community festival today. Five hours of all the seafood you can eat and the alcoholic drinks you can handle. I'll see a lot of people I haven't seen in a long time and I want to look thinner. Ya know how some clothes make you feel smaller. It's suppose to be 80 here today, but then once the sun goes down, so does the temperature. Hummmm, jeans or capris???

Well, Pat - if you want to look the smallest possible - go for the long pants. Capris create an unflattering optical illusion that your behind is wider than it is... It also makes you look shorter...

All the seafood you can eat? I am soooo there. That sounds pretty good.

I start my morning with coffee every day. Hi, My name is Irene, and I am a coffee adict. They will take my Caffeine over my cold, dead body.

Well, I must run - we are discussing important topics, Like what's for lunch!!

:]

Pat, have fun at the seafood thingy :D I second the notion for long pants. I like Beanies description of how they look ROFLMFAO~ I never wear them out b/c she's right, they make me look 4 x 4 x 4 (okay more like 6 x 6 x 6 :) ) My legs are so pasty white that they would look most scary.

So Beanie, watcha have for lunch? I just had a bowl of mexican ckn Soup, 1/2 a HUGE biscuit and a tiny salad....burp!

BTW, I'm the same way about my coffee....touch it and GROWLLLLLLLLL WOOF WOOF!

Santa Fe chicken salad from BJ's. MMMMMMmmmmm. I don't know exactly what they put into that dressing - but it is adictive.

Now, I just have to survive long enough for the person who is picking up the food to get back!! lunch NOW is what my stomache says...

:]

Hi Y'all!

Seafood and all you can drink too? Hang on, I am on my way! :):D:D

All that good food everyone is talking about is making me hungry! I settled for a chicken leg and a little cucumber. NOT EXCITING!

Well, all my testing is done now, two days worth of it is about all I can take. I hope I did good!

I had to laugh, when I got there yesterday I thought about what Pat said and what people wear. Boy, was she right! Only 2 people out of about 50 had on suits, and I was one of them. Most had on pants and a blouse, some had on jeans, one woman had on a pretty fancy skirt and a tee shirt. One gal had on a pair of pants that was so tight that she had to keep pulling them down when she moved, and another had on such a low cut top you could see everything she had. People probably thought I was crazy once when I laughed outloud, but I couldn't help it, all I could think of was what Pat said on here. :D:D:D

Eileen, maybe your doctor's office can give the insurance a call, sometimes that helps. I don't blame you for being upset!

Beanie - Any word yet?

What's for supper tonight? I am thinking about meatloaf.

I don't know exactly what they put into that dressing - but it is adictive.

The answer is FAT! if it taste good, its gotta be fat LOLOL!!!

Betty, I'm glad your testing is over. What is with the younger generation, seriously, don't they have any sense of hmmmmmmm whats the word I"m looking for ?? oh... don't they have any COMMON SENSE ? hehehe. Even when I was 18, I still knew to dress up for an interview. But then come to think of it, years ago, people really got decked out for church, now everyone shows up (if they show up) in jeans. I guess the times change with the tide huh. Just think, in 20 years, they'll be showing up butt naykiddddd !!! :)

Okay who can tell me where this came from?

WITH OUT googling or yahooing it?

Here we come on the run,

with a burger on a bun,

and a dab of coleslaw on the side.

Your taste we will tickle,

with a cold dill pickle,

all of our potatoes are french fried fried fried!

Our burgers can't be beat,

because we grind our own meat,

grind grind grind grind grind.

And when you drive away,

a tip upon our tray,

we hope to find find find find find

we hope to find find find find find

Fat? Nooooooooooooooooooo....... of course it would have to be something good! (or is that bad?)

And common sense is completely lacking in more and more people these days. Even what I consider to be very casual for an office is WAY more than most of my co-workers do... Casual is good - for me. I am always shocked by the gals that show up in the low-cut, high hemmed, midriff bared stuff at work. What is this? Union Avenue? Geesh.

They are all crazy - or they really think that they CAN sleep their way to the top!

On the insurance front... I just got off the phone with "Ida" at Blue Cross... She says that the appeal was "keyed in" as of 10/13... so, the clock starts ticking as of the date that I actually faxed my request.

Now, once again, I just have to wait. I guess I will call once a week until I hear something... I figure a little polite harassment will be good for them.

Everybody keep your fingers crossed.

Oh my goodness, the seafood was the bomb, fried oysters, fried scallops, fried fish, steamed oysters on the half shell, clam chowder, steamed shrimp, bbq, french fries (not for me), and strawberry ice cream, not to mention all the screwdrivers. Not one pb, woohoo! Back to the real world tomorrow.

I hired this cute young girl today, who was dressed like a professional, thanks for thinking of me Betty, it's amazing isn't it, I figured a few of them obviously didn't own any mirrors, LOL.

GOOD MORNING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are all crazy - or they really think that they CAN sleep their way to the top!

Well......... yes they can. I've seen it over and over again.

Beanie good luck with the insurance knuckleheads. You know you have my prayers.

PAT!!! even though I don't like seafood that menu sounds soooooooooooooo good. YUM!!! Glad you had a good time.

Well its Thursday, lah tee dah lol.

Its BEAUTIFUL outside today, nice crisp fall day. LOVE IT!!

Its a warm apple cider donut day :( But since I don't have them, I'll settle for my south beach diet Cereal bar, cinnamon raisin..... you know, they are pretty darn good. I never buy them because they are expensive, but my grocery store had them on sale so I figured, what the heck. YUM!!! Goes nice with my Hazelnut coffee :)

How is your world today ?

The sun is shining and all is right with the world... We still have nothing resembling Fall, here - but I hear that it is on it's way at last.

I can't really harass the insurance company until next week... So this week I decided I would start writing a book. Since there is no work for me, and since that means I will probably be laid off eventually, I had better start working on some outside source of income. Hey, if I write the Great American Novel - maybe I can quit this crazy mortgage business and become a professional writer.

Other than that, there is nothing very exciting going on... How is everyone else?

A book !! oooh can I get a cut? I'm sorry things are slow there Beanie, I hope they pick up. Do you have your resume out there, just incase?

I called the insurance company again... they said they would know by tomorrow...yeah okay.

I got to work this morning and then about 9 am my sister calls and says that my DD is tossing her Cookies and is sick. So I got her in the doctors office pronto and now I'm home. Poor thing finally fell alseep. Hmmm maybe I should nap too :(:) :)

HI everyone! Beanie, it's true, it's true! Fall is on it's way (again)! My fingers are still crossed for your appeal to be successful...keep up posted; you are doing a great job of that! Also, may I please be your editor? It will be good practice for my book! Seriously, I know there's a book in here somewhere...when I retire, I'm going to ponder it.

Eileen, keep teling us poor, hot Texans about the REAL fall weather you have!

Pat, that seafood thing sounds so great! The one thing I worried about was not being able to eat shrimp (that's what someone said at the seminar I went to), and so far, I have not had any trouble, glad you don't!

dinner plans? No plans here, I think everyone's gonna fend for themselves tonight...I think we have left over chicken. I'm packing "goody bags" for the birthday party on Sunday.

School has been fun today...kids were working well, and I had some great discussions on life with them today. That's a great day in my book!

I'll check back later, Cindy

Hi Y'all!

Hey, I think it is a beautiful day here today! I have enjoyed it a lot today, but it does sound like a cold front is moving in tonight! I know most Texan's are ready for the cool weather, but I sure enjoy this weather we are having now, perfect for riding, walking and sitting outside.

Beanie - Keep after them girl! Sooner or later they'll see you aren't giving up so they will! :(

Eileen - I am keeping my fingers crossed for you to hear soon too! I know you are walking on pins and needles right now!

Cindy - Glad you are having a great day!

I went walking, then shopping, then washed some clothes and cleaned up the house a little bit. Then I worked on the computer for a couple of hours only to lose it all! UGH!!! So, I just walked away and forgot about doing it! It only hurts me, so I guess tomorrow I will work some more!

Well, guess I best finish those clothes! Catch y'all later!