Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My first fill

Well I had my first fill today, 7 weeks after my surgery, I am so looking forward to having restricton, well at least I hope I will have restriction. Doing really good with my weight loss so far. I am down 53 pounds since I started my Pre Op diet, and 81 since my journey began back in Feb.

Congrats on your first fill! How much do you have in your band? Even if you don't have restriction yet (many don't after the first fill...I didn't), don't be discouraged and just continue to do what you are doing! And make sure you keep making follow up appointments for additional adjustments with your doc. Also, congrats on your amazing 81 pound weight loss! AMAZING!

Congrats on your first fill! How much do you have in your band? Even if you don't have restriction yet (many don't after the first fill...I didn't), don't be discouraged and just continue to do what you are doing! And make sure you keep making follow up appointments for additional adjustments with your doc. Also, congrats on your amazing 81 pound weight loss! AMAZING!

Thank You :thumbdown: I "think" there is 7cc's in it at the moment.

My Doc puts some in during surgery, I cant remember if it was 2-3 cc's, and my fill today was 5cc's. On only liquids for the next 24 hours, then from there he said to slowly incorperate my other foods.

I just had my first fill this morning. Piece of cake. I have a 10cc band. 3cc's filled at surgery and they tried for two more but the Water wasn't going down well so they took half a cc out. I've had a Protein Drink for lunch and feel really full. Hope the feeling lasts. They are going to add another cc every three weeks.

I had my first fill yesterday. I am banded w/a 10cc band and got 5cc's yesterday. I tolerate everything so far....much to my dismay. But my MD said that only 20% of patients get adequate restriction w/the first fill. She is super strict though and told me I HAD to wait another month to get my 2nd fill and to step up my exercise in the interim. fun.

wow! you are doing amazing! what is your strategy? are you like super disciplined???

anyway - congrats!!!

wow! you are doing amazing! what is your strategy? are you like super disciplined???

anyway - congrats!!!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

I would have to say that I just keep my focus on the prize :blushing:

I also dont try to deprive myself of anything either, If I want something I have it, I just eat A LOT LESS!!!!!!

I also feel that getting some sort of exercise in is helping me a lot too. I try to walk everyday even if its just a mile, or I try to go swimming, although I dont have many of those days left will fall right around the corner.

sharptongue- I had 3cc in at surgery. 3cc for the next fill and I think 2 or 3cc for the next one. Becuase I live far away from my doc I had to wait a lot of time in between, but honestly I liked it so much better that way. And honestly I didn't get good restriction until like my 4th fill and I was at almost 7cc. Even with inadequate restriction I somehow kept losing so hopefully your waiting period won't be so bad... :blushing: