Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

just couldn't take it, not quite cheating

I spoke to my surgeon and he was able to move my date up from 9/22 to 9/18. Not much but I am ready and want it DONE!

I have to start my pre-op liquid diet on 9/4 but figured I would give myself a head start and I started on Saturday. My main reason is that I have a fatty liver and wanted to do as long as I could on the liquids so I can really shrink it.

I have been doing ok with the 5 shakes a day until today. I babysat for my nephew who is challenging to cope with and when I came home I just had to have a glass of wine.

So I am enjoying my approx. 6 oz of wine and feel a little guilty that I couldn't hold out.

I know it is silly since I don't really have to start till the 4th, but I thought my self control was stronger.

The worst part is I have to watch him the rest of this week and on Mon and Tues.

I am thinking I should get rid of the bottle of wine tonight.

I will probably catch a lot of flack, but here's my opinion: Have that 6 oz of wine. I know there are empty calories there, but you could do worse. Don't let the alcohol persuade you get "snacky", and let this be a one time thing on your pre-op.

I had a modified Atkins diet for 14 days, but I just did the Clear Liquids the last 24 hours and was fine.

Ive been scared of the whole fatty liver thing. Im self pay so I CAN NOT afford to have a fatty liver so my questian is how do you know you have a fatty liver? I got a ton of bloodwork done and all is normal is that how they check?

Ive been scared of the whole fatty liver thing. Im self pay so I CAN NOT afford to have a fatty liver so my questian is how do you know you have a fatty liver? I got a ton of bloodwork done and all is normal is that how they check?

I don't recall them doing any tests to check if I had a fatty liver. I just stuck to my pre-op diet (which actually ended up being 3 weeks long) and everything was fine with my liver at the time of surgery. I would suggest just following your surgeon's orders to a T in order to avoid a fatty liver or any other complications at surgery (especially if you are self-pay...I couldn't imagine paying for a surgery and then not being able to have it). Your doctor will know whats best based on his experience.

I would never have known about my fatty liver if I was just living my everyday life.

I had an abdominal ultrasound done when I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer because my dad had died 3 months before of liver cancer. I was stage 3 grade 3 (as close to stage 4 as I could be without being stage 4).

They checked everything, stomach, lungs, liver, brain etc... and luckily it was only in my breast and lymph nodes.

It was 5 years on Aug 18th so I am now considered Cancer Free! However the chemo caused some disabilities and I can't exercise as much as before so I gained almost 70 lbs.

My surgeon knew from my tests that I had fatty liver prior to surgery. ?I believe is was from the abdominal UltraSound...but I still woke up with my band..thank God!

Im right there with you! My surgery date is also the 18th!!! I'm like you and also have to start my 2 weeks of liquid on sept 4. Im trying to cut back on what I eat and to eat less so that it will hopefully be alittle easier. good for you though for doing the liquid thing 2 weeks early. thats impressive!!

WE will both get through this!!!