Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do You Plan To Attend The November Conference Atlanta

What is the conference about? More details please.

I hope it's not breaking any rules to post this- hopefully not since it can help someone.

When:

November 6, 02:00 pm - November 7, Midnight 2009

Where:

Atlanta Airport Marriott

4711 Best Road

Atlanta, GA

Hotel Website

404-766-7900

Lodging:

Atlanta Airport Marriott

4711 Best Road

Atlanta, GA

Hotel Website

About the area:

Discover a delightful Atlanta, Georgia hotel fresh from a remarkable $18 million room renovation featuring a vibrant, contemporary design with rich colors at the Marriott Atlanta Airport Hotel. Nestled among 14 acres of picturesque grounds, the Marriott is amid the first of the hotels near the Atlanta, Georgia Airport to offer state-of-the-art Plug In Technology, including a 32 inch flat panel LCD TV, allowing you to work and play simultaneously from the comfort of your luxurious room. Experience innovative dining at Bentley's Steakhouse featuring delectable cuisine and tender steaks, complemented by an award-winning wine list. Authentic Japanese sushi is prepared in the lobby at this College Park, GA hotel, while Southside and Allie's American Grille provide a casual atmosphere.

We have negotiated a very special guest room rate of $89 per night for this event! Book your rooms and receive our group rate by clicking here. Come join us for the very best information on weight loss surgery and plastic surgery, nutrition, and fitness. In addition to learning how to make an informed decision, you will make some new friends along the way! There will be raffles during the day on Saturday for those registered and attending. One prize per person per event. Announcements:

We're kicking off our 2009 Regional Event Season with professional and dynamic speakers, such as Dr. Garth Davis and Mary Jo Rapini, stars of TLC's BIG MEDICINE! In addition to the tremendous insight that they offer, we will have breakout speakers in the areas of bariatric surgery and plastic surgery who are at the top of their fields, along with related professionals. Breakout sessions include Dr. Steinberg, Dr. Henderson, Dr. Connie Stapleton, Dr. Stephen Ritz, Support Group Leader Ginger Rock, and more to be announced very soon! Come meet Piedmont Hospital in their breakout session.

We are pleased to have joining us from Brazil, Dr. Fabio Zamprogno, a plastic surgeon at the top of his field.

**Special Announcement: For the first 50 people who register online for and attend the Friday November 6th meet and greet at this event, your name will be put into a drawing for a $100 gift card. You must be present to win and be on our registration list. This registration list is electronically pulled from our online purchase system. Attendees can win only one prize per event. Walk-ups do not qualify for the Friday night drawing, but are still welcome to attend.

However...there are more drawings on Saturday, including more $100 gift cards!

Be sure to join us on Friday from 2pm-5pm for a clothing exchange! Bring your gently used, washed clothing that you no longer wear and go home with new clothing items from our exchange! Be sure to bring bags to transport your valuable finds! It's all free..you don't have to bring clothes to take some home.

If you would like to be involved in our member fashion show, please contact kim@obesityhelp.com for information! High resolution "Before" pictures to be sent in for presentation and show on Saturday at the beginning of our dance and social time!!

Join us for healty cooking tips, demonstrated on our main stage by Chef Dave Fouts, the World's First Bariatric Chef!

Be sure to join our Zumba class in a breakout session! Dress in comfortable clothing.

Support group members, be sure to check with your leaders for their purchase codes. Others..email events@obesityhelp.com to see if your surgeon has a discount code!

<DIV id=schedule_topic_section class=clearfix>Schedule:

General Schedule for Friday10:00 AM - 1:00 PMDrop off & sort time for clothing exchange2:00 PM - 5:00 PMFree Clothing Exchange! Take home treasures! No food provided.6:30 PM - 8:30 PMHalloween Dress Up Meet & Greet (dress opt)

General Schedule for Saturday7:00 AM - 7:30 AMExhibitors set up7:45 AM - 8:30 AMRegistration and Exhibit Visits8:30 AM - 8:55 AMGreetings From Bo McCoy!9:10 AM - 9:50 AMDr. Garth Davis, WLS Book Intro10:00 AM - 10:40 AMMary Jo Rapini, Your Sexuality10:50 AM - 11:35 AMSpeakers TBA11:40 AM - 12:00 PMExhibitor Walk Through12:00 PM - 12:55 PMCatered lunch, Exhibitor Visits1:10 PM - 3:40 PM3 Breakout Rooms, Speakers TBA soon!3:50 PM - 5:15 PMChef Dave, Cooking Demo!5:15 PM - 5:40 PMClosing & Prizes, Bo McCoy!5:45 PM - 8:00 PMDinner On Your Own8:00 PM - 10:00 PMLook At Me Now! Member Fashion Show8:00 PM - 11:55 PMDJ & Social Event

<DIV id=event_topic_list>Speakers / Topics

rapini-1840059908.jpgStar of TLC's BIG MEDICINE, Mary Jo Rapini, LPC

Mary Jo Rapini, MEd, LPC, is featured on TLC's new series, <I>Big Medicine</B> which completed season one and two. She is also a contributing expert for Seventeen magazine (referenced twice in their 9/08 issue). She was quoted in an article about body image in First magazine (7/21/08) and is a frequent expert for relationship articles in the Houston Chronicle. Mary Jo has her own column in the Houston Chronicle beginning in Jan. 09. She is an intimacy and sex counselor, and a certified anger management therapist. A mom with two daughters, her passion is helping all girls become strong women. She is a popular speaker across the nation, with multiple repeat requests to serve as key-note speaker for national conferences. Her dynamic style is particularly engaging for those dealing with intimacy issues and relationship challenges, or those simply hanging on to unasked questions about sex in relationships. She was recently a major participant in a symposium for young girls dealing with body image and helping girls become strong women. As host of The Mary Jo Show on a local cable access channel, Rapini interviewed adolescents and works to empower them to live life to the fullest. She has appeared on many television programs including Montel, Fox Morning News and various Houston area shows to discuss topics such as holiday stress, prayer and healing, divorce and kids, children and traumatic experiences, and children and cancer. Rapini is the author of Is God Pink? Dying to Heal and co-author of Start Talking: A Girl's Guide for You and Your Mom About Health, Sex or Whatever.

Visit Mary Jo at http://www.maryjorapini.com/

<DIV class="topic_list clearfix">Dr-1839873004.%20garth%20davis%20bookStar of TLC's BIG MEDICINE, Dr. Garth Davis

Dr. Garth Davis is a leader in the field of bariatric medicine. Most recently, Dr. Davis was again recognized as a Texas Monthly Super Doc and stars with his father, Dr. Robert Davis, on TLC's hit show, BIG MEDICINE. His recently published bestseller, The Expert's Guide to Weight Loss Surgery is available now at bookstores nationwide.

Dr. Davis graduated Phi Beta Kappa from the University of Texas in Austin where he was the Student Government President. He was also recognized as the most outstanding student at UT. Dr. Davis went on to attend medical school at Baylor College of Medicine and graduated in the top 10 percent of his class. In addition, he was inducted to the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society. Dr. Davis completed his surgical residency at the prestigious University of Michigan in Ann Arbor where he was elected to the position of Chief Administrative Resident. While in Michigan, Dr. Davis underwent extensive training in general surgical disciplines, specializing in laparoscopic procedures. He is certified by the American Board of Surgery and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and a Fellow of the American Society for Bariatric Surgery. Dr. Davis is a recognized expert in initial bariatric procedures as well as revisional bariatric surgery, and is frequently asked to give lectures to both patient and physician audiences alike.

Both Dr. Garth Davis and his father, Dr. Robert Davis, head up The Davis Clinic, Texas' premier weight management clinic located in Houston, Texas. Information about The Davis Clinic may be found online at

Edited by speck

How do you sign up? Is there a cost?