Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery is tomorrow and I am so sad/excited.

Seriously, could I be any more conflicted? I haven't had to do a pre-op diet so I ate dinner last night at my family's favorite local restaurant, a Japanese steakhouse. I drank my last (ever?) beer. This morning, I had my last (ever?) Diet Pepsi.

I have gotten to an age/maturity level where this isn't primarily about looking better. It's about feeling better and being around for my girls who are only 6 and 7 years old right now. I need to be healthier. I need to have more energy.

I have been reluctant to get excited about this b/c a close friend of my family is in the hospital and not doing well. If something had happened to her this week, I would have had to reschedule. As it is, I have to be at the hospital at 12:40 tomorrow. Surgery is scheduled from 2:40 to 4:20. I truly believe that I am making the right decision for myself and for my children.

Seriously, could I be any more conflicted? I haven't had to do a pre-op diet so I ate dinner last night at my family's favorite local restaurant, a Japanese steakhouse. I drank my last (ever?) beer. This morning, I had my last (ever?) Diet Pepsi.

I have gotten to an age/maturity level where this isn't primarily about looking better. It's about feeling better and being around for my girls who are only 6 and 7 years old right now. I need to be healthier. I need to have more energy.

I have been reluctant to get excited about this b/c a close friend of my family is in the hospital and not doing well. If something had happened to her this week, I would have had to reschedule. As it is, I have to be at the hospital at 12:40 tomorrow. Surgery is scheduled from 2:40 to 4:20. I truly believe that I am making the right decision for myself and for my children.

My surgery is tomorrow too, and we will both get through it fine as those before us have! :thumbup:

I think having the pre-op diet has helped me to mentally prepare for the procedure. Although a Japanese Steakhouse does sound good!!! We will be able to eat again! As for carbonation, there are some people who can tolerate it later on. You can drink it flat though!

I am from the Detroit Area (Livonia to be exact, lived there until I came out here for college), and wish that I had a Faygo Red Pop for my last carbonation... sometimes they have it at BevMo.. I might go check at lunch today. Silly, I know... :)

It is tough to do an elective procedure. Usually when you are in the hospital you don't have much of a choice of what needs to be done. For me, I keep thinking that I don't have a choice. At 45 losing weight isn't going to be easier. I want to be active and not just get heavier and more immobile as time goes on. I have heard from others who have had the surgery that their energy level goes WAY up. I am soooo looking forward to that!

Best of luck tomorrow!!! I look forward to exchanging stories on the other side! :w00t:

Good luck to both of you! :thumbup:

both of you will do wonderful...i cant wait to hear how your all doing :) best of luck!!!

Good luck!! I'm 5 days post op and still occasionally have a WTF was i thinking moment but i try to keep myself focused on the big picture: improved health and longevity!

Sally...breath & relax !! Yes it is a scary prospect and you wont be the first one to freak out as ou walk into the OR but trust me it is the BEST thing you can do for yourself and your family. I still have moments of crazy thoughts as to what have I done but then I see what I have accomplished so far and smile and rejoice that I was able to do this !!

You will be fine and happy you took this step. There are alot of our friends here who have blogs about their hospital experience and their journeys so far and they are a great resource..use them !! I have some listed on my blog, feel free to click on the list of blogs and friend them..we are all here to help !!!