Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

CrossFit Anyone?

Hey there, just wondering if anyone has joined a CrossFit class in their area and what their experiences have been. I was just banded about 20 days ago and I know I wont be able to do the class right away, but eventually I would like to try it. If you have done this class/workout, how long after your operation did you start?

For those of you that don't know what CrossFit is, here's a link: What is CrossFit?. Basically, it is an intense one-hour work out that includes elements of weight lifting, gymnastics, kettle bells, cardio, etc.

CrossFit is amazing and I highly recommend it. One of the best all around training programs you could do. Definitely do it when you can, it will be very hard in the beginning but stick with it and you'll love it.

I tried it the Saturday of Labor Day weekend (almost 2 years after surgery.) It's only a 20 minute workout so I thought that would be perfect for my schedule. It was a beginners class so we only worked out for 15 minutes. That was the longest workout of my life. I was sweating like never before. In fact I was still hot and sweating several hours later. I was so excited. I could just tell this was a great workout and I was going to love this. I couldn't wait to join. I felt GREAT! Then the soreness set in. Now I've always liked the sore feeling because I knew I had worked hard, but this was ridiculous. I couldn't move for 2 days. I could hardly sit down or get up. Going to the ladies room definitely wasn't fun!

I haven't made it back, but it is definitely a great workout. Look for the beginners class and have a great time.

Not long ago I heard the owner, a doctor, on the radio talking about someone who described not being able to go to the bathroom for days after. I'm driving down the road screaming "YES, I know that feeling!"

Edited by KD8888
Oops...I forgot something.

think its probably one of the best things you could do! I only wish I could do something similar nearby. The only classes on my side of Melbourne are in near the city at mad times like 6 am, I simply cannot get to them.

I do similar style workouts though, at bootcamp. Very effective and great fun.