Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'll let you know when I get home tomorrow. Stick to liquids until you see your doctor. Cream of chicken Soup really tastes good when you don't feel good.

The upper endoscopy and Upper GI don't hurt. The stuff you have too drink tastes a little chalky on the upper GI but that is not a big deal. For the upper endoscopy you will probably be asleep so it doesn't hurt at all. Reflux could cause the throat pain. I have that too. Your doctor will get it all sorted out fairly quickly. Are you starting college this year?

okay thanks (:

And youre awake with the upper GI right? And the chalky stuff is like numbing stuff? I have really bad gag reflexes. I can't wait till he can sort it out for me. Nope it's my last year of high school (:

The upper GI is an X-ray and flouroscope where they watch the chalky stuff go down your esophogus into the stomach to see if there are any obstructions. They start with you standing up and then take more x-rays with you laying on your side and back. The chalky stuff is like a warm McDonalds shake.< /p>

so wait is it like a barium swallow? Cause I had to drink chalky stuff and they watched on a screen and took x-rays I had to have that done on aug 7th to make sure everything was good cause I had bad nausea and everything was fine

The two tests are pretty much the same.

ah I see okay (:

Hi Erin, I am so sorry to see you are experiencing these problems. For the most part, you have been given very good advice. I apologize for the negativity you have received from one member, we are truly a support board here and want to help you through this. Most of us understand that no ones knows better what you are going through than fellow bandsters.

May I ask a few questions, you may have already answered these, but I can't remember now? When were you banded? How long were you on liquids and when did you move to mushies? Also, I know someone already mentioned this, but some of your symptoms do sound like you may also be dehyrdated. Are you getting plenty of Water? Make sure that you are. And, as others have already suggested, I would also suggest liquids only until you get in to see your doctor in a couple of days and get a better idea of what is going on.

Keep us posted, and let us know what you find out. We are happy to help you through this new experience and want to see you succeed.

Edited by *Susan*

I was banded July 31st, I was on Clear Liquids for a week, full liquids for a week, started mushy/pureed on aug 15th, on pureed for two weeks, supposed to be on solids now but can barely eat anything without getting nauseated and I don't nessarally think it's my stomach that making me nauseated, I actually think it's my throat that's making me nauseated, it feels like there's phlegm in there or something. I'm pretty sure I'm getting enough Water if I don't my stomach gets really upset I can get sugar free Popsicles down. I just hope he figures out what it is that's making me sick =

:blushing: Erin... this may be the strangest response you have ever received but here goes.... RELAX and know that the doctor is soon gonna have you all fixed up and then that gorgeous smiling girl in the picture will be enjoying her senior year as a foxy little lady!:biggrin:

In the meantime, you will be in my prayers. I will be praying for you to have comfort and peace until you see that doc and that when you do he will know exactly what the prob lem is and fix it quickly!

:blushing: Erin... this may be the strangest response you have ever received but here goes.... RELAX and know that the doctor is soon gonna have you all fixed up and then that gorgeous smiling girl in the picture will be enjoying her senior year as a foxy little lady!:biggrin:

In the meantime, you will be in my prayers. I will be praying for you to have comfort and peace until you see that doc and that when you do he will know exactly what the prob lem is and fix it quickly!

Not a strange response at all, good advice.

awh thank you :)

Good luck on your visit tomorrow. Let us know what you find out. I see my doc in two weeks for the results of my tests today.

okay I will let you know (:

hey guys, so i saw my nutritionist and my surgeron today.

the nutritionist talked about what i was eating. she said i wasnt getting in enough Protein in. and that i should be actually eating Protein, not drinking it. she asked me how long it took me to eat the meatloaf i had last night and i said about 15 mins and she said i was eating it too fast. i cant remember whatelse we talked about, she told me to focus on my eating and protein and if i have any questions to call her.

now my dr. he said he didnt know what was causing the nausea. he thought for sure that i was going to be fine the last time i saw him. he said it could be because my stomach is sensitive and it should get use to it. he also wasnt sure what was causing the rash so heh. he said to go to my primary care dr so what he thinks. he told me to keep taking the nausea meds as needed. he also said that he had a patient with bad nausea too and she ate a pickle and she felt great so thats weird, he told me if i need to, eat a pickle before my meals. he wanted me to get bloodwork done(was surprized they got any blood :blink:) to check my protein level i think and a few other things. he told me to hang in there and he wants to see me every two weeks.

Erin- Sounds to me like you're swollen. I just had an escalating week of problems (5 mo. out) and got to the point like others here that I was PBing anything solid. As someone said, it feels like a bubble in the back of your throat or a big burp you can't let out. My stoma hurt even to drink. I went to liquids for 2 days and that helped. Slowing down the eating helps too. If popsicles work...then eat a ton of them to get hydrated again. Dehydration causes your stoma to tighten even more. Try some softer Proteins for awhile until things calm down (but it sounds like the meatloaf stayed down alright?). I wouldn't worry as much about 'solid' proteins right now as you're still healing...if liquid proteins stay down better use them for now. PBing can be a vicious cycle that escalates quickly and takes awhile to calm down. If you're feeling any burning like you say you are then you should ask the doc for an antacid prescription (it can't hurt and may help a lot). My doc gave me Nexium and I've only had to use it for a few days post-op and then with this recent PB event, but it helped a lot. Good luck to you and keep asking questions...that's the whole premise of LBT...answers, sharing, and support. I just sent my 19 yr. old (boy) off to college, so I know you've got enough worries with Sr. HS and this must be a difficult time for you without all the LB stuff...you're a wise girl to do all this now. Best wishes. -BG