Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie--Half way there

Hey everyone! Just wanted to Introduce myself and talk on the site more now that I am getting closer to the surgery time. I have been reading the site for months but hardly responded to threads.

I am 28 years old with a BMI of 40. I am about half way through all my stuff and will be completed Sept 5. So then my Dr. can scheldue my surgery. I have done the Support Group (it was a little boring). Not that I didnt like the people it was just everyone seemed to be a lot older then me. And they were complaining alot about the food restrictions and talking about how to cheat. The first hour was spent talking about how to organize your home. I wanted to talk about the LapBand! But I guess they get tired of talking about it. I have my Psych Eval tomorrow and then I take my Psych Eval test (its like a 2 hour test) at the end of the week. My Nutrition class is next Thursday and I am getting my Labs done next week. Thats all I need to do. My company's insurance has "Obesity Clause" in it so it means they specifically wrote in that they will pay for WLS. You just have to be 40 BMI or 35-40 with 1 comorb. I have no co morb so I meet because I am 40 BMI.

My sister had gastric 5 years ago and she has a lot of little problems so I figured LapBand was better for me.

My hubby is also getting the surgery. All of our appointments are the same days..so we may even get the surgery the same day!

Can't wait to start this Journey! I cant wait till I get my surgery date. I have heard it prolly will be the end of October/early November.

Nice to Meet everyone! :)

Hi Amy. Good luck on the surgeries. The one thing I would suggest is to re-think having the surgeries on the same day (especially if y'all have a family to care for). It might work out fine for you both, but there is a healing period where you both will be pretty sore.

I'm not saying don't do it, just to think about it. Let us know how it goes!!

Thanks for the advice. We are hoping at least 1 week apart but right now I think we just want to do it so we will take any date. We do have a great support system too. So we will see!

Nice meeting you!

Amy

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches