Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I feel like I was punched in my stomach

I had my surgery August 12th and I had a punched in the gut feeling and some other pains and symptoms. I called my doctors office and they met me at the office on a Saturday because it was too tight. Call you doctor ASAP.

yeah I'm calling my dr tomorrow morning

Erin, do you know if you had a fill during your surgery, I would ask, because maybe if you did that is why you feel so bad, I remember you had issues with nausea after the surgery...

:eek:Call the doctor and make a list of all of your concerns they are obligated to help you as you are still considered post op, follow-up.

But this is major surgery even it you only have a few holes to show for it, you have to give your body a chance to heal, and with that it will go through many things you may have never experienced before, you will feel like yourself again:thumbup: It doesn't last long, but it will take some time.

I did have a fill at surgery but he doesn't want to take it out since I can drink and eat my stomach pain is starting to go away, the only thing that's really bothering me now is that feeling in my throat like there's mucus or what not in there and I wish I could get it out some how and I'm pretty sure once I do I'll feel soooo much better that's the only thing that makes me want to vomit or pb my stomach isn't upset anymore it just feels like I did a workout.

I'm giving my dr a call tomorrow

I have 2 incissions and 3 holes to show :rolleyes: but I know my mom told me to give it time to heal. I read that it could be my mind too. I'm happy I have it I just never thought I'd go through it the way I have so far, I've been taking my nausea pills but idk why I thought the nausea feeling was in my stomach but it's in my throat but anyways how long does it take for the full healing period? My glue incissions fell off all the way but two and they're looking good and I think they have sutures too school starts September 8 I just hope I'll be fine (:

oh I forgot to say, when I lay down I feel completely fine the feeling in my throat is still there but when I get up the feeling in my throat like gets heavier

it's so weird whatever is in my throat doesn't want to leave I had Soup and it didn't really do anything so idk how to get rid of it

When you talk to your Dr. tomorrow ask if you can try a decongestant. I've been taking mucinex twice a day and it's really helping with the mucus in my throat.

ohh is it a pill or a drink like stuff ? I'll ask about it

Mucinex and Mucinex D are pills and you can't crush them because they're extended release. If your doctor ok's it but doesn't want you to swallow the pill check with him or your pharmacist and see if they can recommend anything liquid.< /p>

okay thanks

Hey Erin....relax baby girl!! ...you are setting yourself up for failure if you don't. Please talk to you Doc about it before it gets worse. Anxiety can be dealt with and if untreated you are in for a rough ride. You can do this! Most people have success with the band and thoses with serious issues usually, and I stress the word "usually" not followed the plan their Dr. has set for them. I hope when you are a few more weeks out you will start to feel better and a little more comfortable and confident with your band.

A friend of mind has been banded about a year and she gets that feeling in her throat if she eats certain veggies. They believe it is gas or, it's not enough to make her throw up, sort of a mild reflux. She usually drinks an herbal tea or clear broth and it helps.

Hugs,

G'ma

Hey Erin18, when I was under alot of stress about 6 months ago I had this feeling in my throat that would not go away..it drove me crazy! just a little humor...so i am what they like to call a pesimist(hope I spelled that right)anywhoo, so I have this feeling in my throat and I'm getting really annoyed it won't go away and i'm starting to get worried. So I decided you know what I have throat cancer...lol!! My mom laughed so hard when i told her.If you knew me you would not be suprised that came out of my mouth at all. I swear I have the worst luck but I just went through a period in my life when I couldn't catch a break and everything was going wrong. But the point of this story is when I did go to my doc for it there was NO CANCER..whewww:tt2: and it was anxiety and stress! He taught me how to relieve some of that stress and deal with my anxiety better and within a matter of days it was gone. Till this day me and my mom laugh at my "cancer scare":lol: So if the decongestant doesn't work, you should definitely see if it is stress related. Im not banded yet but I will try to be as much support as possible:wink2:

Jade

I'm trying (: I know I can do this and I hope things will better, I know it will be I just have to give it time

I tried chicken broth and it was still there, I felt fine this morning but the feeling in my throat came right back, after I drink some Water it goes down then the feeling comes back up and my nose is a little stuffy and it feels like when you have a cold and it's running in the back of your throat if only I could get that out without gagging blegh my feeling makes me feel like I got to vomit but when I do not a single thing comes up, it really feels like mucus more than anything and I've had this feeling since Saturday I thought it would be gone by now and I'd probably feel loads better but like you said it could be reflux but it feels like when you have a cold

Thanks (:

Haha thanks, it must be that cause it don't want to go away, did it make you sick to your stomach though? Mine does, did the feeling feel like mucus type of thing?

I have pain mess that might help with the punched in the stomach feeling but they're like horse pills and I can't take em so probably crush them oh and I burp a lot too and idk why but it's all good (: