Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Soooo hungry today!

I've been really hungry today... day 8 of the pre-op diet. I am trying to stay busy, drink water/sf liquids, and had some metamucil in Water for added Fiber to help keep things moving.

I had some unjury chicken broth, first time I tried it. It isn't bad, and hopefully it will quell the hunger for a bit longer.

4 more days until surgery... I know I will have more challenges afterward and just need to take it one day at a time!! :thumbup: I find myself daydreaming about what foods I will eat later.. even all the mushies sound wonderful right now!!:)

Hang in there!! I'm only on day 1 so I'm not half-starved yet. Tomorrow might be another story. I can't believe you're on day 8. Good for you. I think I'd be kinda loopy after 8 days :thumbup:. And you still have enough energy to type...lol. I hope your surgery goes well. And that your liver is nice and un-fat :).

TPG

I promise as the week goes on it does get better... you get used to it... Im almost three weeks post op..and i havent had a solid piece of food since Aug 3...and i have gone to parties and everything... Hang in ... just think in a month we will all be "normal" lol (lets hope)... i keepwatching the food network... lol

Pool Girl: The first couple of days were the hardest.. last week wasn't that bad but today is really hard for some reason. Better "right now" though. The unjury chicken did the trick I think. I have to keep the Protein constant I think.

Mommy: The food Network? Wow... you are brave!! Salivating at the television yet? I've been looking through cookbooks trying to find recipes I can puree or ?? as soon as I can have real food. I need to make a list. I know I will be making a sugar free/low fat cheesecake though... can't wait for that! :thumbup:

Yes.. in one month all will be normal in the world.. or semi-normal at that point for me!!

mmmmmm send me that recipe.... yes i salivate..LOL

Mommyx2, this is the recipe that I thought sounded good but healthy, maybe topping with some low sugar jam or strawberries? My mom suggested sprinkling graham cracker crumbs on top too. I got it from Fantastic Foods with Spenda cookbook:

Breakfast Cheesecake Cups

2 cups 1% cottage cheese

8 ounces tub style light cream cheese, room temperature

2/3 cup Splenda grandular

1/2 tsp. almond extract

1/2 tsp orange zest

2 large eggs

2 large egg whites

1) Preheat oven to 350, Set seven 6 ounce custard cups in a large baking pan (with atleast 2 inch sides).

2) In a food processor, puree cottage cheese until completely smooth. Add cream cheese, splenda, and orange zest; process until smooth. Add eggs and egg whites one at a time process to incorporate.

3) Pour mixture into custard cups. Add hot Water to pan until halfway up sides of custard cups. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until set in center. Chill for atleast 4 hours, Serve.

Calories: 130, Carbs: 6 grams, Protein 14 Grams, Fat 8 grams.

I am anxious to try it. I am sure the Almond and Orange Zest add a lot of good flavor. Making it in the "bath" will keep it moist. I guess I could have it in my current diet... but, I am staying to the program and trying to not vary. If you try it let me know how it is!!!:rolleyes:

The Splenda.com website has a lot of good recipes also, fyi!!

Edited by sandiegokate