Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can i move on to phase 4 solid foods when i have 3 weeks till my first fill?

Can i move on to phase 4 solid foods when i have 3 weeks till my first fill?

What were your discharge instructions given to you by the doctor?

Every doctor has a different schedule and it's really important you stick with the one your doctor recommends. When was your surgery?

My surgery was on July 31. I was given a paper to go by... The first 2 phases are 2 weeks and just started phase 3 (soft foods) last Fri Aug 14...

Whenever i ask my doc he just says what i can tolerate. I am tolerating everything good and am hungry alot.

I was hoping moving on to solid foods would satisy me more?

How long is your phase 3 supposed to last?

it doesnt say... the doc says just use the paper as a guide.

If your doctor is allowing you to make the choice to move on, then just start slowly and remember, small bites and chew thoroughly. I would avoid hard items to digest, like steak, for awhile, and besure whatever meats or fish you select are moist. If not, use a sauce to moisten. I just discovered Greek yogurt, and I am putting it practically on everything. It tastes like sour cream.

Good luck.

Joan

What do you post-op instructions say? You need to follow the doctor's orders.

I would call your doctor then to get some sort of definition as to how long phase 3 should last before you try moving on to regular food, even if you're making smart choices.

Padanelle - Isn't greek yogurt great? Have you tried mixing it with sweet stuff like fruit and some splenda? My favorite way to eat it right now is with either reduced fat Peanut Butter or the PB2 powder mixed in with it.

Unforgettable,

I was going to try the Greek yogurt, but when I was at the store today the label said 14g of sugar. What type of Greek yogurt do you use?

Unforgettable,

I was going to try the Greek yogurt, but when I was at the store today the label said 14g of sugar. What type of Greek yogurt do you use?

I buy the Fage brand, Total 0% Greek yogurt plain. It is the no-fat version - I think 5 oz has 90 calories, 0 fat, somewhere between 3-7gm carbs, and 15 Protein. You definitely need to make sure you're getting the low fat one. Also make sure you're getting the plain flavored - you may have been looking at some of the ones that are either vanilla flavored or have add ins like honey - this will definitely make it higher in carbs.

Unforgettable,

Thanks so much. I'll check it out.

I can't believe it took me so long to discover Greek yogurt. I think one of the reasons I held off trying was the sugar count. But as Unforgettable said, the Fage Non Fat is the way to go. I buy the 500 g container, and try to limit my portion to 1/2 cup, which has only 60 calories, 0 fat, 4.5g sugar & 10g Protein.

I am constantly looking for new ways to try it. Its great with strawberries, blueberries and other fruit, I put it in scrambled eggs, make sauces for meat/fish (I add horseradish for beef, curry powder, chili powder and other spices for chicken or fish). Later I'm planning to make a crustless quiche and am going to mix some in with the ricotta.