Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fell off the wagon with questions...

:frown:So today I had a whole small Wendy's Frosty and a package of Twix! I am still on full liquids so not sure why in the world I did it but, alas, I did.

After eating all that you would think I would be sick, nauseated or feeling the full pressure but I'm not! Anyone know why?!? I have never felt nauseous or sick since having the surgery. Is that normal as well?

I had surgery 07/30/09.

You may not feel it right now and may have gotten away with it this time but the next time (heaven forbid there is a next time) you may not be so lucky. Please do what your surgeon tells you and also tell him/her what you ate so they can notate it in case you have problems in the near future they will know why. Look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself why you went to all the trouble and expense if you are just going to go against what you have been told to do. It could be a very dangerous thing. Also, once you start down that road, if you are like I was and probably a lot of other bandsters out there, one thing leads to the next thing and so on until you cannot quit. Please reconsider what you did and don't do it again for you own health and safety.

micnat,

I never felt nauseated after surgery either. I actually felt the surgery and recovery were a piece of cake (pardon the pun).

Be prepared to get blasted for not following doctor's orders. I hope you haven't done any harm to your band by eating solid food too soon, as it is too soon to tell if you have, since problems such as band slippage don't usually show up immediately. I certainly understand how tiring the liquid phase is, but you have chosen a lifestyle change not merely a diet and it is very important to allow yourself time to heal. This being said, I understand the hunger you are facing. We have all been there and lived through it and you can too.

:frown:So today I had a whole small Wendy's Frosty and a package of Twix! I am still on full liquids so not sure why in the world I did it but, alas, I did.

After eating all that you would think I would be sick, nauseated or feeling the full pressure but I'm not! Anyone know why?!? I have never felt nauseous or sick since having the surgery. Is that normal as well?

I had surgery 07/30/09.

Fell off the wagon - NOW, jump back on! We are all human and take missteps and that is how we learn. Stay away from fast food. It will take time before you can expose yourself to those temptations and make a good choice. By getting the band you made a lifestyle choice, it will take time to retrain your brain.

Yeah, it went down this time, but you need to remember that you are healing! Even though you can't feel it, your stomach churns when it digests food and that is the last thing you need to be doing right now!

You will be hungry over the next few weeks and months as you start getting your adjustments. There are plenty of foods you can eat, but you, and only you, make the choice as to what you eat and how much of it you eat.

Move forward, make good choices and you will learn to love your band!

Keep your chin up and remember all you went through before, during and after getting banded. The thought of that sets me straight. I think to mysef "I did not go through all of this to do the same things that got me here". Something about that thought gives me the kick in the butt I need. Good Luck!

You dont feel sick because you haven't had a fill. Once you do over eating will be a uncomfortable.

Thank you everyone for your responses! Last night I had a heart to heart with myself and while it was a stupid thing to do, It's not going to stop me. I worked too hard to get approved for this surgery and I am GOING to make it work! I have had such an easy time with it so far so why sabatoge it now?!

Today is a new day and I am treating it as such. I am being extra careful and weighing the right amounts of liquid out and sticking to my guns!

Thanks again!

Thank you everyone for your responses! Last night I had a heart to heart with myself and while it was a stupid thing to do, It's not going to stop me. I worked too hard to get approved for this surgery and I am GOING to make it work! I have had such an easy time with it so far so why sabatoge it now?!

Today is a new day and I am treating it as such. I am being extra careful and weighing the right amounts of liquid out and sticking to my guns!

Thanks again!

GREAT CHOICE!!!

Every single one of us "falls off the wagon" at some point. The ones that succeed are the ones who pick themselves up, dust themselves off and learn what NOT to do!

You worked WAY too hard to get here, don't let some stupid little piece of food ruin this journey for you.

It likely wasn't worth all the effort and mind screwing either was it?

GREAT JOB!! Onward!

I'm glad to hear you say that you are getting back on the wagon right away!

Your post made me afraid for you! Still on liquids and eating candy bars and milk shakes? Leaving aside the risk of causing your band to slip, you don't want to be putting on weight during this early phase!

Anyway, I'm not going to flame you. But, you should give a lot of thought to what made you want to sabotage yourself like that and what you can do to stop from doing it again next time.

I wish you all the best in your lap band journey and look forward to seeing you do very well after this little blip!

Catherine

Your post made me afraid for you! Still on liquids and eating candy bars and milk shakes? Leaving aside the risk of causing your band to slip, you don't want to be putting on weight during this early phase!

Catherine

Thanks everyone! I did GREAT today! I think I just needed to realize that I need to take it day by day or else I will get overwhelmed. I am/was a very emotional eater and yesterday was the first day I really caved. I always knew that this surgery was a tool for weight loss, not a fix and yesterday proved that!!!

Thanks everyone! I did GREAT today! I think I just needed to realize that I need to take it day by day or else I will get overwhelmed. I am/was a very emotional eater and yesterday was the first day I really caved. I always knew that this surgery was a tool for weight loss, not a fix and yesterday proved that!!!

Sounds like you have the right attitude! Keep up the good work and make those good choices. Emotional eating does not just go away, it is something that you will always have to work on and be aware of!