Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Lap Band Buddy / Mentor ND - almost a year and only down 45 ...

Hey there - I'm in need of someone to talk to , and share idea with. Someone in my area, preferably, but i'm not opposed to a " long distance Mentor" either lol

I'm 45, had surg on 10/14/08, and i'm down approx 45 pounds. I've had MANY fills and Un-fills ... cant seem to find a good spot. I guess i'm not sure what "it" is supposed to feel like. I mean, when i'm tighter, I drop weoght more quickly, but i have problems with almost everything i eat. When its looser, i can eat whatever i want - almost. Hence a few pounds finding their way back. :sad: My Surgeons PA who does the fills got upset with me on the last visit. We went over some of my food choices. I realize some of them arent the best choices, but , right now, I'm really strapped for money, so I eat up what I've already got on hand. :)

Anyway, someone to chat with would be great :-) I have approx 100 more to go. :)

Thanks ! Bobbie

I am exactly the same boat. I was banded a year ago and have had all sorts of fills and unfills. The Doc took out all my Fluid a while back and I gained back 30lbs of the 67 I had lost. I too have trouble with food choices. If I go any tighter I am afraid of the night coughing, etc. I went thru earlier. I did lose weight that way, but I don't think I was healthy and I think I abused my band. So right now I'm almost at my sweet spot, but not quite. So I still eat the wrong foods right now.

I would like to talk with you and maybe explore being your buddy, if we have a personal connection. What do you say?

Hi Bobbie, I just found your message and would love for us to visit... I've had quite a time of things this past year... Yesterday was my 1st anniversary.... I am down 101 pounds, but I started at 387.....I also lost most of that in about 8 months and have just been maintaining since then. Since beng banded I've also been under anesthetic 3 times with 2 major surgeries, almost died twice from just weird non-band type issues, spent 26 days in the hospital, had about 6 months of recovery time, been totally unfilled and told I could not diet as I needed to get my strength and health back, had 3 units of blood, been unable to exercise for most of that 6 months... Right now I'm finally feeling a little better.. It's been 6 weeks since my last surgery and I still don't have much energy or stamina... Have just now started to walk a little and such.. I did get to start refilling my band but do not have restriction yet.. I never really have... I was just getting there when I had to be unfilled... So, I'm really ready for this band to start working... I feel as though I've done most of the first year on my own will power and now I need to have the band help me.. I've fallen back into old habits and realize that I'm definately not "cured"... I like the slider foods and I still want food to make me feel better...

That's my story... I'm currently at 286 (fluctuates on 3 pounds) and have my goal set for 199.... The rest will have to be cut off as I have big bubble upper, inner thighs that will never exercise off.... So, we could definately help each other a lot I think... E-mail me if you would like to........and we could even exchange phone numbers if you like... I'm up for most anything that helps me through the bad times and makes me a new friend.. Take care.......... Julie

HI BOBBIE,

I AM NO WHERE NEAR ND BUT WOULD LIKE TO EMAIL WITH YOU. I WAS BANDED SEPT 4,08 AND HAVE ONLY LOST 50LBS. DON'T BLAME ANYONE BUT MYSELF. TODAY IS THE DAY I START MY NEW LIFESTYLE EATING. I HAVE BEEN EATING SO MANY OF THE WRONG FOODS. HAVE BEEN MAINTAINING 50LBS FOR SEVERAL MONTHS NOW. SO EMBARASSING. MY EMAIL IS dcutipie@aol.com. hope to hear from you or anyone else.