Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, so..... yea im new :] anyway, i havent had my lapband surgery yet, in fact im just now gettin started in making desicions and getting a move on on this. I'm 18 and i decided i really want this so a week from tomorrow i have my first appointment with the surgeon guy and we'll see. im really nervous about it, im not sure what they are gonna do and im sure i should have questions to ask but i dont kow what to ask, im really completely lost. :[

Joining this site it a good first start. I've not posted a lot but have read a lot. First you have to say to yourself why are you doing this? To be healthy and enjoy life. Being thin taste better then food!

Having said that I'm pre op surgery set for Aug 25th. I too am scared and nervous. They say this is very normal!!!

At your first dr's appt he'll talk over with you the different types of surgeries. I personally only wanted lap so that is all we talked about. I knew before I met with him that insurance was possibly going to cover this. My approval came back in like 3 weeks. I was shocked so fast I thought I'd have to appeal it. You have to be mentally prepared and ready for this. Read as much as you can, get as much support from family and friends that helps a lot. Find a local friend that has had this so you can call them and ask a silly question when ever you need too.

Ask yourself why you're wanting this...and make it good so you won't fail...you have to do this only for you..know one else!!

Good Luck,

Your New friend,

Michelle:thumbup:

18 I wish I could have done this earlier in my life but am glad I did it anyway, I am 56. Have been banded for 2 years and am pleased at everything. Are there any support groups close to you? If so, you should start going. You will get information from people already banded and that should increase your knowledge about what it is like to be banded that is assuming the band is what you are interested in. My personal expierence has been great from surgery thru now. Wishing you the best in what ever you choose to do.

I remember how i felt before my first consultation appointment. The apprehension left after the first visit and I knew this was for me. It has been life changing for me. I was a very brittle Diabetic and on several medications for Blood Pressure problems. I no longer take any medications for anything. Just think of the benefits of surgery at your age as apposed to someone my age. Hope that you find some support near you. My advice would be to find a local support group and utilize the lapband forum for additional support. Good luck to you.