Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What does GOOD Restriction feel like?

Does anyone have experience w/ the band feeling tighter in the a.m.?

I just had my third fill recently, and that is the one where I am feeling the greatest restriction. I go in today to see if it's actually too much.

The reason why I ask is that I'll have Protein in the a.m. (like one sausage), and I am wayyyyyyyy full to the point where I'm uncomfortable for hours. It feels "stuck" in my chest and my mid-back hurts until it passes through the band HOURS later. And I mean HOURS.

Since this recent fill, it's like I have to reconfigure what to eat/when/how much - because the restriction is so new to me. Up until recently, I was able to eat a lot more, in general.

Thanks in advance for your replies!!!

Yes! My band is definitely tighter in the morning - the doctor has told me not to eat breakfast but rather drink coffee/tea and then have another mid morning before eating lunch.< /p>

I have just had my second fill and am starting to getting some restriction - doctor said to come back in 3 weeks for next fill to try and overcome the hunger. I lost no weight at my last doctor's appointment (embarrassing) as I had been grazing all through the day - I always felt hungry. He told me I need to only eat at lunch and dinner and then have hot, no calorie drinks or Water in between, so that my liver can do its job - if you can hold off 20 minutes the hunger will pass. Have had success the past two weeks.

I am making an effort to eat more solid foods and steamed vegetables - it has helped a lot and I am finding I am not as hungry between meals. I was quite nervous about solid foods, thinking it might get stuck but all has been well the past couple of weeks.

I can still eat way to much but the solid vegetables seem to fill me up more.

i can't usually eat in the morning - i have a glass of milk and that satisfies me for hours. i have only had 1 fill since i was banded april 22nd and have lost about 60 pounds. if i eat a regular meal i find myself satisfied for like 7-8 hours.

Thanks, everyone! I have adapted my diet, especially in the a.m. and have been doing Carnation Instant Breakfasts (I love those). I actually had barbecued chicken and corn for lunch today (just a wing), with a very tiny portion of potato salad....and that went well. Whew!

Here's to hoping things keep going well....it's all new again....

I think for the first time....I might have too good of a restriction. I was banded March 20th and until a week ago, I had only lost 9 lbs. I felt NO restriction, well, maybe a little if I ate a big bite, not paying attention......but a week ago, I got my third fill - total of 7cc.....and from the drink of Water at the hospital, I could tell a difference. I can BARELY eat anything. I am forcing 1 or 2 bites of anything in the morning, a cup of Soup or so at lunch and a very small dinner....in fact, I am struggling to get 1000 calories in each day. The funny thing is, I even feel a little nauseous after I eat each meal.....maybe it is too much of a restriction, but I am not saying anything until I go back..haha....I am using this as a time for, hopefully, a substantial weight loss month. I am losing almost a pound each day since my last fill.:obiggrin.gif

I think for the first time....I might have too good of a restriction. I was banded March 20th and until a week ago, I had only lost 9 lbs. I felt NO restriction, well, maybe a little if I ate a big bite, not paying attention......but a week ago, I got my third fill - total of 7cc.....and from the drink of Water at the hospital, I could tell a difference. I can BARELY eat anything. I am forcing 1 or 2 bites of anything in the morning, a cup of Soup or so at lunch and a very small dinner....in fact, I am struggling to get 1000 calories in each day. The funny thing is, I even feel a little nauseous after I eat each meal.....maybe it is too much of a restriction, but I am not saying anything until I go back..haha....I am using this as a time for, hopefully, a substantial weight loss month. I am losing almost a pound each day since my last fill.:obiggrin.gif

Please make sure you are able to et in at least 64oz of fluid! I know we all want and at times are impatient for weight loss - I'm guilty of it too - but we need to be safe. If you don't get enough calories, your body might go into starvation mode and hang on to every last one which will actually make you not lose any weight. Also there are links between being too tight and band slippage.

It took me three fills, total of 7.5 in a 11cc band, to be in a good spot. Before my last fill, I could eat any and everything. The hunger wasn't as intense, and I didn't have the desire to overeat like I used to have. But anything would go down...pizza, steak, sandwiches, bread sticks. Now after my 3rd fill, I really have to watch what I eat and really pay attention to the signals. I know when to stop now. Eating 3 simple meals, and if i need a snack I stick to a Protein Drink or a yogurt. Be patient. You will reach your zone. It's just so different for everyone.