Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 days post op - can't eat much at all!

Hi everyone...just wanted to check in and see how you're all doing. I'm 4 days post op, and can't eat much at all. I feel like I am getting an appetite back, like when my family eats it is starting to look appealing, but I can't even get 1/2 can of Soup down, or 1/2 Protein Shake. My pain is substantially better,although I think I may be doing too much physically, with my kids. What kind of activity are you all doing at this point? Love to all....:thumbup:

Yes I was clear liquids for 3 days and then full liquids I think for another week....

Hey there! I feel like I haven't talked to everyone in so long... lol. Anyway, Today is my third day post-op and I have been able to do a lot. Of course I am not lifting anything over 10lbs like the doc said, but I'm definitely moving around and doing a lot. I think your body will let you know what is too much. Just make sure you following your doctors' recommendations and you should be fine. My doctor actually recommends being as mobile as possible in order to help prevent blood clots. You're lucky you only had to do three days clear liquids. I have to do a week of 'em and then another week of thickened liquids. Woe is me... lol

I had surgery on Tuesday and could have nothing by mouth until after I had my barium swallow on wednesday.......all they would let me do is suck on a wet wash cloth. That was pretty miserable. After the barium swallow I was on clear liquids for the remainder of the day. On Thursday I started full liquids. I was not really hungry on Thursday, but managed to get in the requisite grams of Protein and ounces of Fluid. I really would not describe anything I've experienced as really painful. I have been uncomfortable to varying degrees, but not in pain.

On Friday I felt very hungry and was starting to worry that I was going to remain feeling that way until I get my 1st fill which is not until 8 weeks out. Today, though, I really have no appetite and I feel tightness that I have not previously felt. I don't know if it has to do with the weather......it is beastly hot here today and I have no ac at my house.

It is strange how things change so quickly with the band. Yesterday I had all kinds of energy (even took my daughter shopping for school supplies --dh did the driving), and could not get enough of my Protein shakes down. Today I feel like I have hit the wall, I have no energy and am forcing myself to drink my shakes and g2.

Not whining :biggrin: just observing how strange the journey can be. I know I am in the healing phase of things

One other thing: I know we are all dealing with gas....but holy cow, If I feel the need to pass gas I have to be sure I am on the toilet, because that fart has company! For those that have been through this, when do things start to get "solid" again? I am going to try to go back to work monday and don't want to have to run to the potty every 5 minutes. The productive fart and diarrhea has by far been the must unpleasant post-op symptom for me!

Edited by TSB