Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band Date Set...What Would You Do?

I now have a date of November 16th for my surgery. I have a few things I want to do before that date but I have a question.

What would you/did you do before you had the band put in? Go to certain resturants, drink sodas, sleep on your side, what?

I have several resturants who will miss my business but I have promised them all a "last meal". I understand that buble baths are out of the questin for awhile so I want to do that. What am I forgetting? I have time and would hate to regret that I didn't do something.

Of course, the best thing is now I can start my list of what I want to do when I get skinny. Buy off the rack, sit in an airplane seat in comfort, climb stairs...ect.

Baths are only out for a couple of weeks. You WILL be able to go back to your restaurants, just not for a while (liquids, go and have soup), and not the quantity you had before.

Have a bubble bath anyway, of course :D.

Go run your marathon, that's probably out for six weeks, HAHA, :D

I don't really think there will be much after banding that you wont be able to do... maybe have a big plate of Pasta and a sandwich (together or separate, whatever).

:D

I've been going a little crazy buying clothes that dont fit me but WILL in six months to a year. I dont want my tight-arse accountant husband to refuse me a whole new wardrobe so I'm starting in little bits that I can hide with a bit of creative accounting.

Everything I see that I love and could never wear, I buy. I have fantastic clothes in every size, I cant wait to start moving down through them all.

I have started dieting NOW though. I was ready to stop overeating and I have. Its taking willpower now but soon it will be easier - I'm finding it much easier with an end in sight.

I did a lot of eating for future hunger - but I didn't need to! It is almost like I thought that I'd actually never eat again, so I was having bacon, egg, & cheese sandwiches every morning. Believe it or not, I really don't miss them much. Plus, I know that I could have it if I really want it, but I don't.

Just as Sarah above said - there isn't much you won't be able to do. This has truly been an easy transition for me (thus far, 6 weeks out). I was able to sleep on my side after the first night in the hospital (though I was up all night there). I started exercising on day 3 and felt 100% after 10 days. I have felt very good about making new habits, like planning my meals everyday, packing my lunch and counting calories. I know that it is different for everyone, but I am really relieved to know that this hasn't been the scary inconvenience and adjustment that I thought it would be. I guess what I did do was to prepare myself to make a commitment to working with the band and not against it. I bought a weight loss product. Now, I have to use it!

Enjoy your pre-band month, but I hope you'll find that life is not full of losses afterwards - or at least, that the sacrifices you do make will be of your own chosing!

Things won't change that much for you to worry about.

I would say one thing, the more you eat before hand, you have to lose afterwards. It really isn't worth it, especially when most likely you will be able to eat it afterwards only in smaller portions.

Good luck!