Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey guys and gals,

I have totally fell off the wagon. I had to have a complete unfill last month because my band was so tight for so long and my stomach become very irritated. It was nobodys fault but my own, I should have contacted my doctor as soon as I figured out I was too tight, but I didnt.

Since I have had my unfill I have gained 4 pounds back of what I had lost. I have totally stopped any kind of exercise and am constantly feeling hungry. I often give into the hunger feeling even when I know that it is head hunger. I see other people in the house eating and I want to eat with them, so I end up doing it.

I don't have an appointment until the 19th of this month and can't get in any sooner due to the fact that the day I go for my fill, I am meeting with the exercise man and nutritionist.

I have been thinking for the past couple days about going to the store and buying something over the counter to help with the hunger issue but not quite sure what to get.

I am not going to get down on myself and say lets through Stacy a pitty party. I know that once I do this, I will end up getting depressed and just turning more to food and end up gaining even more of the weight back.

So, until my next visit, does anyone out there know how I can get through these next few days without putting more pounds back on and maybe even getting rid of the ones that I have put back on?

OTC stuff doesn't help. If it did, most of us wouldn't be here because we wouldn't have the band because we'd just take "whatever" and be slim.

I think you need to chill out. Some of your gain may have been Water, but you'll get it all under control on the 19th. And if you KNOW it's head hunger and aren't stopping it, then therapy would be more help to you than a diet aid (they don't take care of head hunger either)

Most of us got the band for a reason...we needed it. But you were too tight so you weren't really working it right, and I know you know this. I think a therapist appt is in order, and until then, just do the best you can. That's all anyone CAN do.

wow! that was harsh! She needs support not ragging! All of us have fallen off the wagon, that''s why we are where we are now! I would go back to basics, do the Protein Shakes for a couple days then go to mushies for a couple more. Get your body back to where it goes..... "hey, this is where I want to be". You can do this! We ALL have been there. Head hunger is the hardest! No one said it would be easy, but it's definately worth it! Hang in there!

krnpick, if you think I was harsh then you may certainly disregard it. and so may she.

I don't quite see how telling her some therapy may be in order is "ragging"...since I usually think offering an option and HELP is supportive.

She didn't say "please tell me I'm ok" she wanted support.

But whatever!

I'm not sure why people get so offended when therapy is suggested. The fact of the matter is that for a lot of us, this battle has been more in our head than it ever was in our stomach. RM was not being harsh, just matter of fact.

I'd also recommend therapy, but I think therapy would benefit anyone with eating issues. I'm starting it and it's helping me with head hunger, triggers, etc.

Good luck to you!

I'm not sure why people get so offended when therapy is suggested. The fact of the matter is that for a lot of us, this battle has been more in our head than it ever was in our stomach. RM was not being harsh, just matter of fact.

I'd also recommend therapy, but I think therapy would benefit anyone with eating issues. I'm starting it and it's helping me with head hunger, triggers, etc.

Good luck to you!

Agreed! And if, instead of getting defensive, knrpick had asked me if I went to therapy, the answer would be yes. :)

Sometimes every pound is a battle, sometimes it isn't. My therapist has helped me immensely with the "head hunger" part.

Hey guys and gals,

I have totally fell off the wagon. I had to have a complete unfill last month because my band was so tight for so long and my stomach become very irritated. It was nobodys fault but my own, I should have contacted my doctor as soon as I figured out I was too tight, but I didnt.

Since I have had my unfill I have gained 4 pounds back of what I had lost. I have totally stopped any kind of exercise and am constantly feeling hungry. I often give into the hunger feeling even when I know that it is head hunger. I see other people in the house eating and I want to eat with them, so I end up doing it.

I don't have an appointment until the 19th of this month and can't get in any sooner due to the fact that the day I go for my fill, I am meeting with the exercise man and nutritionist.

I have been thinking for the past couple days about going to the store and buying something over the counter to help with the hunger issue but not quite sure what to get.

I am not going to get down on myself and say lets through Stacy a pitty party. I know that once I do this, I will end up getting depressed and just turning more to food and end up gaining even more of the weight back.

So, until my next visit, does anyone out there know how I can get through these next few days without putting more pounds back on and maybe even getting rid of the ones that I have put back on?

Hi! You probably already know this, but upping my Protein and Fiber keeps me full much longer. I too am struggling with head hunger and REAL hunger, as I don't have much restriction yet. When I get in that "munchie" mood, I grab a piece of turkey and wrap it around a low-fat cheese stick. When I get into a "sweet" mood, I drink something sweet, but sugar free, or eat a sugar free fudgcicle (only 40 cals) or SF pudding.

Yeah, it's NOT what I really crave (french fries and ice-cream), but it gets me through!

The biggest thing for me is to just try and get through one day at a time. I tell myself that I can hold out for just a few hours until THIS day is over.

Good luck! I know you can do it until the 19th -- only a few days away!!:)