Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2009 Here I come

Hey..... On track for surgery. Me and my fiance are scheduled for 10/26/09. We have to weigh under 350 lbs in order to get the surgery, so we are on a diet working towards our goal. He has lost 25 lbs and I have lost 21 lbs. We are a little stagnant right now but we try to keep in perspective our ultimate goal which is to feel better, be healthier and look better :). Currently our goal is to lose another 30 lbs before 10/2/09. This is our final appointment prior to our surgery. We have to be under 350 on this date or we will not have surgery. So essentially we are looking for others who are going for surgery in 10/2009. We are located in New York. :confused:

Good Luck All

Congrats on your weight loss so far! You've worked hard and should be proud of yourself. I wish you luck with the remainder. I myself have 30 to lose and my husband has 25. We aren't officially scheduled for October but I'm thinking that will be about when it will happen. Good luck!

Hello,

I believe I will also be scheduled for October. I have had 5 months of nutritional counseling my last visit is sept 4th. The doc did mention that Some insurance require 10% weight loss (start weight 306)... on my last visit. Would have been nice to know that.. then he followed it up by saying that my insurance was not one of them. Guess he could have been trying to motivate me. I have lost 20+ lbs and have 1 1/2 weeks before my last weigh in. Wanting to be down at least 27# before I start all the Protein Drinks. I have been working out on a regular basis 4 days a week, or walking. This week I started going to the park every morning and walking 3 miles. If I feel really motivated I actually jog for about 100 yards. Which wipes me out.

Stick to eating healthy and get in the excercise. Walk for 40 mins a day and it will make all the difference. You both can do it. Be each others motivation!

Hello Everyone. My date is set for October 8. Congratulations on your weight loss so far. You guys are motivating me to get my butt in gear here. I have not been being good at all. In fact, I know I have gained since my consultation in June. I know. That's pretty yucky huh. Well, in my defense, I am going to start doing a South Beach style diet starting on Sept. 1 until my pre-op liquid diet which starts on the 24th. This is what my Doc suggested. I can't say for sure because I am scared to get on the scale at this point, but, I am probably 250. I am only 5'3" though :thumbup:

I am very happy for you guys! I enjoy journeying with you! TAKE CARE! : ) What kind of diet are you guys doing?

I'm doing weight watchers. Good luck you guys.

I am drinking slimfast for Breakfast and then trying to count calories. Concentrating mostly on exercising for 40 mins each day. Good luck!

THanks all for your replies! I will heed the advice. Good Luck to you all too! Thanks for the wonderful motivation to stop my "Last Supper" syndrome! No more self destruction!

Let me in here!!!!

I am scheduled for 10/14/09 and boy am I nervous. It may sound wierd but...I am nervous about losing too much weight. I don't want to be super skinny. My goal is 150/160. With that said...I have 70-80lbs to lose. My current weight is 220lbs. My max was 265.... I started the program back in 2006 at 255. I have lost 35lbs. Whooo Hoooo! I am trying to get to 215lbs by my surgery date... which will leave me with 65-75lbs to lose.... Am I being realistic? How much can you expect to lose with the Lap Band???? How are you able to stop losing????

MoniqueD~

Congrats on your weight loss and on a scheduled date! By no means am I an expert on this (you may want to try looking at threads from people who have had the LB for an extended period but from what I gather you can expect to loose at least 50% of your excess weight. I think it really depends on how hard you work at it. Excercise is key! I believe your doctor monitors your weight and if you start to loose too much they remove some fill from the LB which allows you to eat more. Best of luck!

Ok Gals and Guys,

I do not have a confirmed Oct. date yet but I've got my fingers,legs, and anything else you can cross, crossed.

I want to be an October bandster sooo bad. I feel like I have gone through so many different emotional phasese: curious, anxious, nervous, and now.. let's get it on... I don't want to reach frustrated.

So, I will anxiously be watching everyone's update and entry into bandsterland.. and hope I will soon be there with all of you.. Wishing you all great great luck, and quick recovery and easly liquid phases..

Be well

Barbara

I have the same exact surgery date, 10/26/09! It needs to hurry the heck up!

Good luck with your weight loss efforts and reaching your goal before weigh in! :tongue2:

My date is Friday 16th October in Belgium - very nervous but cant wait to start a new healthier slimmer life!!:tongue2:

My surgery is Oct 7th and I have to do 2 weeks of either 5 Protein drinks a day or 3 protein drinks and one meal of low fat meat like chicken, 1 dairy, veggies etc. Not too bad. At least I have a choice. Bummer is I'll be in Florida on vacation for one of those weeks but I didn't want to put it off.

Where do you go to get those weight loss ticker thingies?

My surgery is scheduled for 10/2 - less than 3 weeks!

I am ready to be post-op so I can begin my new life.