Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 years and cannot get it right!

I know you guys all have answered this, but I guess I need the answers to be handed to me personally. I have lost 25 lb in 3 years. My weight is up 10 lbs. I weigh 185 and am 5 '6''. I can drink hot tea and "work" on a Protein Shake in the a.m. No lunch unless I do chicken broth and Water load and then immedietly eat. Yesterday I was at the mall and took a sample at 3pm of a chicken breast, then had 1 chicken nugget dipped in ranch dressing and was horribly uncomfortable and PB'd the minute I got home. Did the Soup routine and was able to eat soft foods with dsgs. Too tight? I cannot imagine eating lunch with my friends in half portions without implememting my private routine of hot soup and water pushing before. I hate the band and feel like food is in my chest and eat 2 Soups daily before my" real meals". It is an inamed band 9.75 with 2.3 cc in it. I carry all my weight in my short torso.:frown:Is there a solution, An unfill of how much? No fluoro at my clinic. Everything is intact.

I would talk to your doctor about this.

Are you eating the right things, following the rules, exercising? You need to make sure you're doing your job, otherwise the band won't do it's job.

Sounds like you're too tight! I was having similar problems for the past couple weeks, hardly able to eat a thing, even pills wouldn't go down some days. (I was banded 6 months ago and have had 3 fills.) Finally saw my doc yesterday--after waiting 3 weeks for an appt--and he chose to do a complete unfill. He's got me on 2 weeks of liquids, after which I will get a fill. So, basically, I am starting over.

Everything looked fine under fluoro, but he said it was definitely good that I didn't wait any longer because I could have really hurt myself if I'd continued on being too tight.

My doc is pretty cautious, which is why he went with the complete unfill, but depending on what your doc thinks, you might find that even a very slight unfill offers a lot of relief.

Good luck!

From what I've read and heard, you are too tight. You are to be able to eat normal foods, no PBing. The soft foods leads to "soft food syndrome", which is what we tend to go for when "real foods" don't go down very easy. Then the band isn't really working --- soft foods slide right on through.

I'd go see your dr. and get a slight unfill. When I was too tight, even .5 cc's made a huge difference! the dr. should know what is right for you.

good luck and keep us posted

Thanks, got .6cc out today. had 2 lunch meat roll ups without an issue. What a relief. I'll keep you posted. Need to re learn the band and a proper diet.