Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What excerise is the best?

I just got released to start doing more than walking. Just like everyone else, I want to see results. I know that cardio is a big part to loosing weight, and I not a big fan of it to be honest. Anyways, with all you runners/walkers did you see results after a month? From doing hard intensity workouts, have you noticed your skin firming up and staying tight or is it loose from all the weight you have lost? I am trying to figure out a way to try not to get a Tummy Tuck, if I can take care of my skin while loosing. HELP!

im 2 weeks post op and before surgery i did the biggest loser workout and its intense and you really feel it, its a good workout. but im not sure if its ok to do right now, you jump in it and do lunges and stuff, but see if there is a video on youtube about it, if you do the workout every other day and do the full 30 mins of it, im sure you will see results in a month, i know if you dont do your part and exercise you will have lose skin but this workout dvd will tone you up and i am subscribed to seventeen magazing and they have a bunch of different exercises in it and you feel them also, this month has one for getting toned. there are different workouts for your butt, thighs, arms, abs, workouts for busy days, a bunch of different things its really nice and they have them posted on their website seventeenmag.com but sorry if i didnt have the answer you were looking for

Edited by Erin18

A month? To be honest, no, not really. It took about 4 months.

I mean, i'd certainly lost weight after a month but I had been banded, after all. After four months, I could run further and run continously, and after six months, I'd really gotten the bug and was hugely enjoying it, settign ever more ambitious goals (further runs, faster times).

The first couple of months are hard going, but its so worth perservering. Find a cardio you like better than others and stick with it, for me there's something immensely satisfying about running.

I was pretty lucky with my skin, but I do have a small amount of looseness that will never go away without surgery. I can get by without a Tummy Tuck, but I'll never have the really great body I imagined without some help. But that's more luck than anything, truly no exercise will prevent loose skin, if your'e going to get it, you're going to get it.