Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I finally have eggs!!

I have been raising 29 Americauna chickens since they were 1 day old. They finally started laying eggs last week! Their eggs are all different shades of blue & green! I wish I could figure out how to post pictures, I would show you some of my eggs & my beautiful rooster LeeRoy! LOL!! Sorry everyone! I'm just an excited country girl who had to share! LOL! :D

Congrat!!! They sound very pretty. I don't know how to post a picture, either! I even read the "How to" post, and I can't figure it out. When I was little, we raised banny(sp?) chickens, they were small and cute! If you figure out how to post the pics, I'd love to see them!

I have one banty hen that was given to me. I named her Pee Wee! She was laying when I got her. She is about the size of a grapefruit. She loves to be loved on! I have to keep her away from my Americaunas though. She thinks she's bad! It's like a chiuauah (sp?) trying to kick a St. Bernard's butt!

OH I love anigamals! Little chicks are the sweetest things!

If you need help posting pics I can try to describe step by step how to do it.

Give them lots of hugs and kisses from me!

Anybody that loves farm animals is OKAY by me! Does this mean you'll have a yard full of peeps? Please don't say, "no, but we'll be eating omlettes."

We always had a few chickens when I was a kid.

I do have the best chicken & ducktape story ever though. It is nearly as impressive as Mike the Headless chicken in fact. But that's just my humble opionion. .... so maybe we were actaully a circus family in fact, but we just didn't tour.... hmmmm

isn't it so fun? I got some chicks for my birthday in April and they started laying about a month ago. Only problem is, I don't know what to do with all the darn eggs!

I only named the roosters so far. The nice one is Buck Buck and the mean one is Mean Rooster. I just call all the hens Henrietta.

I think I'm going to get a couple of ducks next spring. I've even thought of getting an incubator so I can hatch babies. But I'm a single girl and I have to be careful not to cross the line of 'crazy chicken lady'.

Megan

Megan, I can so relate to the crazy chicken woman thing! I was just at a funeral for my Great- Aunt Jewel, & it seems that family members & friends that I haven't seen in years were all asking about my chickens! LOL! My Aunt Jewel had Parkinsons & one of the last coherent responses my G-ma got from her was when she told her about my chickens. She laughed & then asked a few questions! She's in a better place now! God rest her soul! I would like to get some guineas & a turkey. A friend of ours has a big incubator & he is excited about hatching some chicks for us, but I want to watch them myself! If you go to McMurray hatchery you can buy a incubator for $19.99 & it will incubate 2 chicken eggs or 1 duck egg. I want to get one for my little cousin who's in the first grade.

DeLarla, I will definately have some little peeps running around! But the fresh eggs are soooo... good!

Vines, I would love to hear those stories! They sound very entertaining!

Kelly, I would really appreciate a tutorial on posting pics! Thanks!