Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Will be BANDED August 25th....Anybody Else??

Hi Everyone! I got banded this past Tuesday, Aug 25th & the surgery went without a hitch. I felt good enought to walk down to my unit in the middle of the night a couple of times to visit my co-workers. They were certainly surprised. I didn't sleep much in the hospital but have made up for it at home. It seems like sleeping is about all I've done until today which has been the best day yet. I'm on a full liquid diet & have to admit I'm already tired of yogurt, Jello, & pudding but I believe I can suck it up for another week when I'll procede to mushys. I went for a 1/2 mile walk this evening, taking my time & enjoying being out of the house. My port is located just below my sternum. The doc said he put it there so it's easier to access because I have less fat there than around my naval area. My husband has been home with me everyday is getting on my nerves!:wub: I hope he goes back to work on Monday. He means well but you know how men can be sometimes. I've lost 10lbs so far (on my scale) & can't wait to be weighed at the drs office next week. I never thought I'd type those words! I hope all you other August Bandits are doing ok & hanging in there! I have a lot to look forward to!!

I was banded the 25th...how are all of you doing post op now? I've had a few moments of what did i do...the burps are getting stuck and I end up feeling ill and wretching to get them out..this evening I wanted to walk, I got light headed and ill ended the walk and ended up wretching when I got home...I've had two Protein Shakes today...not really hungry should have a third...I don't want to force myself but I'm so winded and tired...I've been told it gets better with time...

I had my band surgery on Wednesday the 26th and so far have lost 12 lbs! It really hasn't been that difficult. I've been living off of Jello, Water, apple juice, and tea. Today I had a little bit of potato Soup (without the potatoes) and it was heavenly! Who knew Campbell's condensed potato soup was so wonderful?? I think they must have changed something because I don't ever remember it being all that awesome! LOL Maybe it's just me...

Anyway, the first day or so I was kind of thinking what in the world have I done but now I feeling much more confident. I hope it continues.

I have found that walking helps me sooooo much. A friend who had banding two years ago told me to walk as soon as possible after surgery and it helped me so much. It helped with the gas pains in my shoulder and back.

I love to hear how everyone else is doing. :)

Talisa