Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Will be BANDED August 25th....Anybody Else??

Less than 24 hours now, YIKES!!! I'll let ya'll know how it goes.

:rolleyes:

Tomorrow is my day too! Very excited to get on with it! I'm two weeks into my liquid diet, cheated a few times (Hey, when the wife catches salmon, you should probably eat a bit) but down nearly 20 pounds over that two weeks. I'm down over 30 since I was approved for surgery. Doctor wanted 35 and I'm going to be VERY close by tomorrow morning. I'm planning on ONLY Protein Shakes and chicken broth today to get me by . . . get the last couple of pounds off before tomorrow.

Today is my birthday, tomorrow is my band-day and the first day of the rest of my life.

I started this journey at 356 pounds (doctor's scale) and was at 323.0 this morning (my scale). My goal is 220.

Good luck everyone tomorrow! I look forward to reading about your progress. And those of you that didn't have to do the liquid diet before hand (you suck, kidding) don't worry it's not as bad as you think it will be. I've found that the Protein shakes help curb the hunger pains and drinking a hot liquid (say 2 cups worth) of like chicken, beef or vegetable broth really helps. Also, my doctor said that V8 was ok and while it's liquid, you can "almost" chew it . . . Just a thought.

Four weeks until soft food, can't wait!

John

Here we go guys....Less than 24 hours left. We are starting the greatest journey of our lives. I have lost 14 lbs, 4 more than required to do. Not great, but acceptable.

I am very excited, still no nerves. I'm sure tomorrow they will show up. Thats ok though, its worth it. I took my vacation this week to help with the recovery. I go back to work next Tuesday.

I will try to post one more time tonight, if not, Good Luck to all of us!

I will see you on the flip side!

Pars

:biggrin:

Hi! I'm also being banded on 8-25-09 (Tomorrow!).... The only pre-op diet I was given was a "Low Carb" one - didn't have to do a liquid only diet.

Good Luck to you & let's stay in touch!

Tammy from Alaska....

Good Luck to all getting banded this week. :)

Good Luck guys, This is the First day of the rest of our lives.

The next time we post we will all be new people.

See you later!

Pars

:)

Good luck to all of you being banded this week! Be patient with yourselves in the next few weeks. Remember, this isn't a diet, it's a lifestyle change.

I wish you all the best!!!:)

I will be banded on August 27 @ Mobile Infirmary in Mobile, Alabama. I have been on a 10 day full liquid diet & the last 3 days on a clear liquid diet. Hasn't been much fun, but the reward for it later will be worth it!

Edited by lovingmylife

Well! It's done! I just got out of the hospital today (was banded on Tuesday 25th) and it wasn't that bad. Didn't get to sleep much, as the CNA's & RN's kept coming in my room to do the temps, etc. The only negative thing I had was the referred gas pain in the shoulder, but it went away early this morning. I have 5 holes (thought I'd only have 4 - I was wrong) with my port hole in the middle above my belly button. My MD has an interesting post op plan - I am on 2-3 days of clear liquid (see thru), then I go to full liquids/mush foods for 2-3 weeks, then I go to regular food. What are you on?

Hey Everyone...jst wanted to update you on my progress. I was banded Aug 25, 09. Everything went well, and I was discharged 24 hours later. They surgery was 2 hours long without complications. I am not in much pain, just a state of discomfort. It is a little difficult to inhale, it sort of feels like pressure. I can feel when the liquids arrive at the band point. I feel a little pressure and discomfort but it only lasts about a minute. So far I am doing well. I haven't been taking the medication that much either, I don't feel that I really need it. The only problems now are the gas pains that I am getting. I have my first post-op appt with the surgeon on Sept 2nd, I will be sure to keep you posted. Anyone else with updates?

Hey everyone!

Glad to hear all my fellow band-ees are doing well! I had the procedure 8/24 and am really doing much better than I expected. The surgery went on w/no probs., I was able to get the single incision above belly button & it seems to be healing w/o complications.

Only annoying thing to happen was - sorry if TMI - that I couldn't pee too well on my own after the surgery & had to be on a catheter:crying:...But, TG, it was resolved the next day!!

As for eating, my surgical team (on Long Island, NY) has patients start out the day after surgery on mushies, so before I left the hospital I had had some cream of wheat, but could only eat a few bites. The bloating from the gas has def. affected my app.

So far so good for me. I have been very active (in a reasonable post-op way), am only taking Tylonol (not the percoset the dr. gave me), and sleeping well.

Need to work on the water/liquid aspect during the day, it's still hard to drink all that Fluid when I feel so bloated. But, hunger-wise, I am okay.

Pls. let's all of us keep up w/one another! I look forward to hearing about your progress and I am going to figure out how to do the ticker thing as well!

Ruth

Hello all August Bandits,

I hope all are doing well on this recovery period.

I am on day 4 and had Jello, apple juice, tea and Water on 2nd and 3rd day. Today I had 1 cup cream of wheat and coffee for Breakfast and a cup broth for lunch. I feel good and no desire for more than that. Drinking Water in between.

I start a college class in a few minutes, but it's online so no worries.

:w00t: Life is good !

How's everyone doing???

Hi everyone, I was banded aug 25th and really have been shocked how hard my recovery has been! I am so sore I can barely move,even though I keep moving! So it doesn't get worse. I'm on a liquid diet for two weeks post op and have already done 1 week post op.. I have been so hungry! But I am sticking with it. I am having lots left shoulder pain, and I was shocked by how many incision's and the length of them were. None were tiny like I expected! Thats the latest update for now!

Hey just banded Aug 26th anyone else and how are you doing?

I was banded on the 24th, spent one night in the hospital (I wanted to!!!) The only pain I felt was the left shoulder pain, but the nurse gave me a long ice chips bag and that morphine button and it went away a few hours later. It seems to come back once in a while but only a minute or two, and not severe. The doctor found I had a hiatal hernia in or near my diaprahm so taking deep breaths is a little hard, but this was totally so much less than I expected. I could have very easily gone back to work 3 days later, but I'm not going to push it.

Been eating sf-jello, Crystal Light popsicles, and today had a little mushroom Soup without the mushrooms. The heat felt good. Soooooo nothing bad to report, very easy surgery and recovery!!!

Banded 8/24/09

241P / 227C / 140G

:wub: