Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i might be having a movie night of scary movies for Halloween, i was wondering what i could have for drinks and Snacks? popcorn is a big thing and i hope i can have some, fruit punch, is that ok to have?

my birthday, i wanted a small cake and i usually have pizza for dinner, could i eat pizza? my bday is Dec. 20th i also have no idea what to do for my bday

christmas we has lazagna(however you spell that) i loooooove it how big of a piece should i be having?

my graduation party, sometime next july, theres going to be tons of food, my aunt is making a fruit salad which i love, but i also love Pasta salad and red hot dogs, could i have any of those then? just for that occasion? im going to be running around alot and my aunt might bring her horse and if she does i wouldnt be thinking about food, seriously! <3 how much should i be eating that day, i really hope i dont go overboard ):

just give me what you think would be right, thanks (:

and i have a question, how much are you guys eating at mushies/pureed stage, 1/2 cup?

You know Erin I was woundering the same things, but I figured anything that was low carbs and sugar would be best. I am sure you can have fruit punch just not as much as you may have had in the past. Cake may not go down as well I have heard some people complain they can't eat soft foods, but all in moderation is what is cautioned.

I too have a large family whos lives revolve around food, it is a big deal, and having the band doesn't mean you can participate you just have to do it carefully, small portions and items that won't get stuck.

as far as mushies, I am not on them yet but I know I can only tolerate 1/2 cup of anything at a time.

I think you should just decide what you're comfortable with when the time comes for all of those different partys. My birthday just passed about a week and a half ago, but I didn't have cake. It was just too soon. I do give myself a treat every 2 weeks however (usually ice cream) so maybe if I knew there was a party coming up, I'd save the treat for the party.

I'm actually having a little get together tomorrow (my friends and I are having a Korean food party). A lot of the stuff I'm cooking, I won't be able to eat (sticky rice, etc.) but it definitely won't prevent me from having a great time.

I guess the most important thing to remember is, don't go overboard. The band is great for learning how to control portions! Good luck and have fun at all of the events you have planned!

thanks (: these are the times I wanna treat myself I know at my grad party I want fruit the most, and for cake can you mix ice cream in it so it'll go down better? Is there low carb popcorn and candy ? And my serving size should be the size of a saucer for coffee cups LOL I just answered my own question haha wow!

Hi there, I'm in mushies stage and was told/allowed to eat 1/4 c of cottage,ricotta cheeses. One egg cooked any way and 3 ozs of yogurt. Best to you.

thank you (:

does it make you fuller than the full liquids?

Having the lap band is a forever changing process. Everyone is a little different. Right now, because I am at optimal restriction, my band decides for me how much I can eat (often times less than 1/2 cup) and what I can eat--which can change daily. I personally cannot eat any bready products--no pizza, sandwiches, waffles, pancakes, etc. One day I might be able to eat an egg--the next day it gets stuck. So at parties or going out to dinner etc, I just take it really slow. Have a hot drink before I start. Take teeny tiny bites, and chew chew chew!! Remeber to enjoy the company, the atmosphere, the experience...enjoy the food too, but the experience should be the most important thing.

Good luck!!

did your band have fill in it when you got banded? Mine did but thanks chewing is the main idea do still have to chew if it's pureed already? Sorry silly question

Yes my band did have a fill in it when I first got banded. However, I did not feel any restriction whatsoever until my 5th fill. My first five months I could eat whatever I wanted---pizza, sandwiches, whatever. I had to work very hard to lose the weight. Once I got restriction , it did become a lot easier...and harder at the same time :(

oh haha, i fill some restriction but not enough, im actually scared to get my first fill but i heared its nothing bad, i watched videos on youtube and those needles are long!i gotta ask when i can start exercising i started walking on sunday but i didnt do it today cause it poured on my way home from my follow up which didnt happen cause he was on duty, but im going tomorrow, how long did it take your incissions to heal? i wish mine were healed already but they wont by the end of summer. yet i cant wait i hope i get to my mini goal by the end of aug-the middle of september :( im gonna miss pizza could puree it by any chance? lol

You know it is funny, last night was my oldest daughters birthday and we took her out to one of our favorite eating spots, it was good, but she had my favorite sandwhich and I was sitting there thinking the whole time "if I could puree that sandwhich how would it taste"? :blink: but I had my cup of French onion Soup and was stuffed, I wanted more than I could chew but that is where will power and common sense would have to step in. I am sure if you mix a tablespoon of cake and ice cream together it would be closer to a mushsie but you don't want to do that too often... Keep your eyes on the prize, a new body and a new you:tt1:

I love pizza and make a pizza dip, spread a little cream cheese in a dish, add pizza sauce, shredded cheese, and any topping you like and bake or microwave. Either eat with a spoon or sometimes I can digest tortilla chips. Any bread is hard for me to digest since I have alot of restriction. This should help with the pizza cravings.

did she do it on purpose?, if it was pureed itll probably taste the same just mushed lol dont sound as good though haha, i cant wait till im off of full liquids, 2 more days and i will, i hope itll help me lose weight, and i hope it doesnt rain til i go for a walk. my goal is to eat only 1/2 cup or whatever it says on my sheet and only 3 meals a day and one snack at night which is yogurt, hope itll help with losing weight. i had to mix ice cream and cake together on my 18th birthday cause i just got my tongue pierced that day, couldnt eat much of it cause it got to a point where it got too messy lol but thats the only time ill be having cake unless my brother has a cake at his bday which is a month after mine! but ill only mix a little bit of it with ice cream, ill have 1/4 cup or a cup bigger and ill call it a day lol yeah i cant wait til i get to my goal, i cant picture myself smaller, cause i never been small hmm

I love pizza and make a pizza dip, spread a little cream cheese in a dish, add pizza sauce, shredded cheese, and any topping you like and bake or microwave. Either eat with a spoon or sometimes I can digest tortilla chips. Any bread is hard for me to digest since I have alot of restriction. This should help with the pizza cravings.

i got a pizza crust-less pizza recipie off of here, but sounds good, ill try that (: