Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I dont know what to do!!!!!!!!!!!

I tend to agree with you and I promise to stop responding.

Babs-

Great idea about locking the thread.

I think an even better idea is that everyone stops responding to Nykee. Obviously there is some serious mental illness going on here and until she's willing to get help, there is nothing we can do. It seems to me that it is a very sad situation. At this point it doesn't appear that Nykee can be rational. The only bright light in this situation is that if she really is losing weight at this rate, the band will loosen on it's own as she loses fat around her stomach.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help. It's a testament to how caring and supportive this board can be.

Megan

I don't think there's any need to be so negative in response to Nykee, folks. She's looking for a place to express herself, and that's what LBT is here for. It's so hard to step back from the impulse we all have to fix things for others, especially when we think we have the answers. But she is not really asking for any help, and has in fact made that abundantly clear.

We all know the band is what we make of it. That's the lesson to be learned here, and I for one hope Nykee continues to post. I'm sure there are others reading who struggle with the same issues and perhaps Nykee's honesty will help them through their challenges.

The only bright light in this situation is that if she really is losing weight at this rate, the band will loosen on it's own as she loses fat around her stomach.

That's what I'm hoping. When she loosens, maybe she will get a taste of the good life, bandster eating, and never want to go back to being so tight. One can only hope.

Nykee, this is obviously hard for you. I'm really really sorry. At the very least, I think you have at least been able to talk through your thinking enough to know it's right for you. I couldn't disagree more (you are TOO tight!) but I hope, in spite of it all, you are able to succeed, lose enough weight to have the surgery you need, and get a handle on your pain. I'm really sorry.

How many times does Nykee say she loves the food she is eating & she gets plenty of Protein from her milk and juice?

>>The milk.. There is no Protein in juice. DUH

THERE Is 10 grams in 8 ounces of milk..

I drank a guestimated 150 ounces today..

What juice are you drinking? The orange juice I drink has 2 grams of protein. So I guess some juices have protein DUHHHHH!

Also, Nykee.. I'm sorry to hear about your back problems. I have had them for years and I feel your pain. I had a spinal fusion, 2 back surgeries and a hip replacement, due to a car accident. It's going to be a struggle, believe me. Try walking 10 min. a day and go from there. I know it doesn't seem like much, but any type of exercise will help you. As you know, the added weight is going against you. I had to take 80 mg of oxycotin crushed every day. It will get better.

OKay.. Now that I've got my reply, I'm really done with this thread. :bored

listen to what I ate today..

1:00.....3 ounces OJ

3:45......whole can tomatoe Soup (with milk) and 6 ounces of milk

6pm.....6 ounces OJ

11pm .........prolly 20 nacho chips with 3 ounces of cheese sause and prolly about 1/4 cup of layered dip... 6 ounces of milk

A slice of rasberry cheesecake... and 6 ounces of milk

1/2 cup lime sherbert

12 ounces OJ

2:45am....3 fish fillets and my guess is 10 to 15 cups (6 ounces of milk)

I AM NOT TOO TIGHT

I EAT PLENTY

Ok, so you are no too tight (I think if that is all you can eat, you are, but you know your body.....) But please, please, please make better food choices.

There is little to no nutritional value in what you are eating and drinking. You will end up with bigger problems than a slipped or erroded band. Malnutrition is very very real, and if you have been trying to eat more, and this is what you are eating as a result, you will have problems. No today, or tomorrow, but 12 months + down the track.

I am 100% sure you could find healthy foods with the same texture as what you are eating. I am sure of it. The whole point of the band is to provide satiety, not stop you from absorbing calories. Hence we, as bandsters must provide our bodies with the "fuel" we need (healthy protien, and veggies) We are responsable for what we fuel our bodies with.

If we use the garbage fuel in our cars at the fuel station, our cars run like crap, yes? But when we use the good stuff, our cars run like a dream. Same goes for our bodies. We only get what we put in. You put in good stuff, you feel great. You put in crap, you feel like crap.

Just my 2 cents anyway. Feel free to disregard.

OK guys I agree with Alexandra here. Nykee originally posted for help, now that LBT members have offered that help she is electing to either follow some or none of the suggestions.

That is the risk when you offer advice. It is NEVER guaranteed that it will be followed. It is also respectful to NOT be harsh to the person if they don't take your advice.

Everyone has their own demons to fight in this weight loss battle. There could be some issues with Nykee that we aren't aware of that could be adding to her struggles. So it isn't as simple an issue for her to get an unfill as suggested. Her doctor as listed in her signature is Dr. Ortiz which means a trip to TJ for that unfill. She has mentioned that her funds are limited on more than one occasion.

She has health issues unrelated to her LapBand as well that can interfere with her weight loss process. Exercise and moving and stretching can help with some of those issues but again that is Nykee's call not ours.

Everyone stating they will just not respond to her posts anymore is not the support we all come here for. She needs someone to talk to. She has needs that are not being met she came here to vent essentially. She was only asking for support. Some offered advice and that was picked over and some of it used and some not.

I don't think anyone actually HEARD Nykee's plea. She is scared of staying large. We all have that fear. Yes, she needs to work through that fear herself we can't do that for her.

I recently vented my own frustrations. I received lots of support and I appreciate that. Nykee essentially did the same thing. What was the difference?

If Nykee wants this thread closed then the moderators can close it. I feel it would be a disservice to all concerned to do that.

Compassion and understanding are a wonderful thing. We all have it.

Hi Nykee

Have you taken a nutrition class before you got your weight loss surgery? I wonder if you missed out.

You should be eating Protein first, then veggies. Then see if you have some room for Junkie stuff like sherbet and cheesecake. Which isn't feeding our bodies with good nutrients. Our nutritionist explaned that we need to be very efficient in what we give our bodies so we don't become malnutrioned. He says always protein first, because it provides your body with what it needs most, and then veggies or other carb. Is your hair falling out? I was thinking that maybe you would do really well on a couple of Protein Shakes a day before you eat any junk, that way you will get what your body needs the most. Could you be craving the junk because you are not getting the protein you need?

Love and huggles