Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've been fat my whole life. Can't ever remember a time when I wasn't. Like many, I've been picked on (taking orange kool-aid to school for 2nd grade snack in a gallon jug was a bad idea-"hey snowplow, brought your own gasoline?" Yeah, snowplow stuck for quite some time), ignored (I'm the fat girl in my group of friends-when we're out most men have a tendency to pretend I don't exist), belittled ("you have such a pretty face. Why don't you just lose weight?"), and just generally been made to feel like a second class citizen because of my weight-by strangers as well as family and "friends".

NO MORE!!!

I'm done with that person. Done with feeling like less of a woman because of my weight. Yes, I DO have "such a pretty face." And I'm a fantastic person if you'd just get to know me. A little (ok, maybe a lot) odd, quirky in many ways, but I know how to have a damn good time. (By the way, is anyone else concerned in regards to dating new people after this whole process-->People who don't know you used to be the fat chick? I mean, I feel like the men I HAVE gone out with at least had to have liked me because of who I am, not what I look like).

I'm done with not being able to do/participate in things I did when I was younger and (relatively) smaller. Can't get my big butt into some of the rides at amusement parks anymore. It's embarassing when you go up, get in the seat, find that the belt doesn't buckle, and you have to get off and wait for your friends and family on the platform. Six Flags-HERE I COME!!!

I'm done with declining invitations to go for bike rides or do other outdoor activities/adventures because I'm afraid I'll not be able to keep up-or that I'll slow the group down. It's time to get active.

I'm done with the anger and frustration I feel because of all the issues in/aspects of my life that I allow my weight to affect. No more declining offers to go out with friends sometimes because I'm embarassed by the way I look. It's time to love me.

To love me means to take care of me, and that starts NOW!

It's time to love me becasue I'm a good person. Fat right now, but a good person. Fat right now, but damn good at my job--> and I'll be phenomenal when I can move faster and get more done.

It's time to love me because I'm finally taking control-FOR GOOD, no more backsliding! I can't live like this anymore. I've probably lost 300 pounds over the years with the yo-yo dieting I've done. I need to get rid of at least 100 pounds PERMANENTLY. When it goes, it AIN'T coming back this time.

It's time to love me because I'm worth it. I'm getting a new tool, and I've got a new attitude (Oh, now I wanna sing..."I'm in control, my worries are few...")

It's time for change, and there's only one person who can make it happen. So who can do it??? YES I CAN!!!

Good for you!!! I know exactly how you feel, especially when going out with friends. What's worse than the men just ignoring you, is when they try to buddy-up with you so they can get in with my friend.

I know exactly how you feel. I am still in my 6month diet phase. But, every fall we take a huge family trip me, my kids, my husband, my brothers and their families, and my parents. We usually go to Disneyland but this year they put it up for debate between Disneyland and Knott's berry Farms. I am so worried I will be outvoted at Disneyland all the rides are pretty much boats anyone can fit in them I am afraid I won't be able to sit in anything at Knott's. Of course other people don't understand or even think about that and I don't want to just say "I can't go my ass won't fit in anything." LOL Hopefully I will get approved at the end of my 6 month diet and this will never be an issue again! Good luck to you!!!

AMEN!!! With that sort of attitude, you will be VERY successful with your surgery and everything thereafter! I too have been the FAT girl of my friends. I wasnt always the fat one, but the past 10 years I have been. In 2000 I was the skinnier one getting all the attention from guys. Now, if I walk into a store and patiently wait for a clerk to finish with their current customer and a pretty, skinny girl walks up with a question (even though I had been standing there for 10 mins), I get ignored while that girl gets help. It is annoying!! But, I look forward to the day that I turn heads again, particularly my husbands.....lol. Best of luck with everything!!! You will be just great!:cool:

Hello All'

I have recently started my lap band journey. I attended my

"New Patient" class on Aug. 6. I am scheduled for my nutrition

class and psych evaluation as well. I am currently waiting to

get approval from my insurance company.

I have done quite a bit of research, and I am going forward

with a very realistic attitude. I know there is no magic pill

or fix to make my weight disappear, God knows I have tried

every diet imaginable. I have lost and gained back my weight

so many times I am disillusioned.

I am tired of my joints and back keeping me from being active.

It is so great to have a place to go to and talk with others

who have already made the same journey.:cool: