Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Complications

I have been having a hard time keeping food down since my first fill in Sept 2008. I had a semi unfill a few weeks later, but was still having issues. I was typically throwing my food back up every two out of three days- but didn't really care since I was losing weight.

Last week, I got a cold, and I started throwing up every thing I ate, even Water. Yesterday I started getting brown/red clots in my vomit, which I believe was blood and my stomach felt swollen.

So between the clots and the swelling, I decided to get a complete unfill. The doctor did not know how much he took out, but it was 3.5 syringes worth. The doctor said he was worried about erosion and told me to get an endoscopy and blood work. I felt a lot better and was able to easily drink after the unfill. My doctor told me to go eat as soon as I felt up to it.

I had a 1/2 cheeseburger (no bun or fries) and split pea Soup last night- a few hours after my unfill. I felt some restriction while eating, so stopped, and then felt fine for a few hours. Before I went to bed, I got that "stuck" feeling, so I forced myself to throw up the cheeseburger. I had terrible acid reflux last night, and took tums several times. I also felt a pulsing sensation in my stomach under my rib cage. I threw up again this morning. I can however, (so far) keep down liquids- but I feel dizzy, and weak and generally awful as well as my stomach is still hurting.

I am supposed to fly somewhere tonight, and am worried that I might have internal bleeding, and the altitude change could cause a problem? I also keep getting very dizzy because of not eating/drinking.

I guess my quetions are

Has anyone had this pulsing sensation, and what is it?

After a complete unfill, if you are still throwing up, what should you do?

Should I fly?

weight.png

In case anyone was wondering, I have decided not to fly today.

I spoke to my doctor again this AM, and he thinks it is a slip, and wants me to go for a range of tests on Monday to confirm.

weight.png

I haven't been banded yet so I dont have anything to offer other than to say good luck! I will look for your update as soon as you hear anything!

BTW, smart move in NOT flying! Definitely for the best!

Endescopy showed esophageal erosion do they prescribed loszenge prilosec ( and did a complete unfill 2 days before). I ate some Clear liquids on Monday but they came up in a coughing fit on that night. However, everything since then has stayed down (including eggs and chips and cheesesteaks)

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/ww60ghX/weight.png

Edited by RebyTex

Endescopy showed esophageal erosion do they prescribed loszenge prilosec ( and did a complete unfill 2 days before). I ate some Clear Liquids on Monday but they came up in a coughing fit on that night. However, everything since then has stayed down (including eggs and chips and cheesesteaks)

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/ww60ghX/weight.png

Did the endoscopy also confirm that your band was still in the proper place? I don't want to scare you and am just speaking from my own experience, but I had emergency surgery last week due to a slip and I had the same awful reflux and vommitting symptoms you had. My slip was diagnosed with a regular abdominal x-ray. Please make sure they check the positioning of the band. My doc ended up replacing mine and I'm very happy I'm still a bandster. I'm glad you're feeling better and hope you are ok:smile: