Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I went to my FIRST Support Group!!! iNeed Some Help!

Omg like i so did not know a Support Group was like that... i expected it to be different.. But i was so scared to ask questions so i just sat there and listened... it was only one girl there my age everybody was older and had already got the lap band or the by. or pre-by./lb. But the only big issue(s) about this surgery was u know the

"skin folds".. im just scared b/c like of course nobody wants them but i dont want to do the plastic surgery if i end up getting this surgery this would be my first... so im wondering if there is a way i could prevent some of it... should i excerise more then what im doing before surgery... but recently people have been telling me since im young i wont get them but like idk i was just wondering... WHAT SHOULD I DO???

The other big issue i had was the skinny part.. like i dont want to get that skinny i just want to be at a weight where i can play my sports again and feel comfortable... i guess i still want my curves.. l0l

My dream weight would be like 130-200lbs. somewhere in there... like (i say like alot im sorry)<its a bad hab.

But...

to all u ppl on lapbandtalk.com u guys/gals r really k00l and i love to hear your stories about your exp. l0l yeah just Thankz alot! this site really helps! :wink:

Edited by iHaveh0pe3

My first support group was scary too. I was the youngest in the room as well, but after listening to everyone's stories I started feeling comfortable. I didn't ask any questions either. I'm still preop myself working on my requirements because I'm worried about hanging skin, I try to work often. Good luck momma....wishing you all the best

You're young. I don't know what you weigh now...but can tell you you may or may not have loose skin. HOWEVER...at your age, if you are otherwise healthy, odds are that it will tighten up.

I CAN tell you that for every year you stay fat, the odds of having loose skin get better! In other words girl, you are at your peak of elasticity! :wink: A good surgeon will address this with you. Other issues will come into play but your young age is a BIG old plus in your favor.

My 20 year old daughter uses the word "like" in every sentence so I'm pretty used to it.

Because you are still quite young, your skin has more elasticity then that of us older folks. I'm sure that most, if not all of your excess skin will shrink with you. So don't worry.

Edited by FailureIsntAnOption

I agree. The younger you are the better your chance that your skin with tighten back up.

I can see a Tummy Tuck in my future.

I agree. The younger you are the better your chance that your skin with tighten back up.

I can see a Tummy Tuck in my future.

Me too sister!

My 20 year old daughter uses the word "like" in every sentence so I'm pretty used to it.

Because you are still quite young, your skin has more elasticity then that of us older folks. I'm sure that most, if not all of your excess skin will shrink with you. So don't worry.

L0L... 0mg that word needs to leave my vocab!!!! :crying:

Thankz :wink: