Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can you get de-banded after being banded?

yep it's partially filled but he doesn't want to take any out since I can get Water down I'd prolly feel better tho but I saw my surgeron my 2 time today for the same reason heh I hope I get threw this sickness

There are several yogurt brands out there. there are Light, nonfat, and sugar free versions. I think Dannon and/or Activia has a smoothie drink. Whatever you choose it should be w/o chunks- No "fruit on the bottom". Weight Watchers has some you may like and don't seem to have fruit pieces; they are lo fat and sugar. I try to check the amt. of Protein grams / serving in the container. Some are as low as 3 while others are 7-8.. Some use Gelatin and others do not. Yoplait has several Whips. Lights., and regular versions without fruit pieces.

that's good do you know if there are any with sugar free fat free or I mean fat free no sugar added?

Yes, I think YoPlait has some as do some local/regional brands. Dannon has some, too.

Grabbed 2 from my fridge- Mixed berry YoPlait Light - 0 fat, 20g of carbs, (including 14 g sugars)at 100 calories, and 5 g Protein. (the berries will have natural fructose in it -no sugar is added) and a Dannon nonfat plain Yogurt - 80 calories, 0 fat, 12 g carb (including 12 grams of sugars) and 8 grams of protein. There is no sugar added, this is the milk sugar from the yogurt itself. A Single container of 6 oz is at least 80 calories minimum. Most of the ones I see are 80-120 calories , no fat, and little sugar, except naturally occurring sugar in fruit. Do read the labels !!

thanks and I do (:

Give your body a chance to adjust and heal. Things will get better in time but it is also important that you stay in a positive mind state for your healing. We have all been through it remember it's a new day for you and you want to reach the goal you have set for yourself.

thats true, everyday im feeling better, and it makes me happier about the band

Erin18,

I was banded on July 17. I went through alot of the same feelings that you have been having. I didn't have any of the nausea, but I just did not feel like myself. I wanted the band out! When I had my first week dr. appt, the PA decided to check to see if there was any Fluid left in the band. She took out 1.5 cc. That seemed to make a huge difference. I have started eating mushy food now, and I am really beginning to feel better. I promise, it DOES get better. I am feeling better about my decision everyday!

i just wanted to add something on here for you to think about! eating and being over weight is like a drug! so think about it your body is in shock! just like getting offa drug... anyway ask your doc for a shot of phenergan. i know that when i get very sick and when i was pregnant with both my kids i had to get shots all the time for nausea after i got the shot i would feel great! try it!

karen

im feelind better now but i think its only cause of the nausea med

yeah my doc gave me a better nausea med, and it helps alot, makes me feel more like myself

Hey Erin,

I know we were banded the same day. How are you today? I readhere your still on your anti-nausia meds... I know it may sound odd, but I was feeling kinda icky in the begining, and when I stopped the anti-nausia meds, I started to feel better. I am a little weak today, but still stronger than yesterday. Each day gets better. Right now, I am fighting the hungry's! I would LOVE food so much right now its not even funny. I try and keep my mind off it. I do have some good news to mention about this day 5 we are on. I dont have the soreness in my chest so bad. I can bend down a little more easier. Are things going about the same for you?

hello

the new nausea meds make me feel a lot better (: day 9 is the same as day 8 but a little better. my stomach is starting to growl at me more than a few days ago. food looks so good. i also got my time of the month which im not supposed cause i use depo but i havent had my shot for it yet so that could also be why i feel nauseated too. i had some potato Soup yesturday and today, its sooo goood, i tried pudding last night and it doesnt taste so good and i tried yogurt today and it was good, but it seems like right after i eat something im hungry again. i too can bend down better, it doesnt hurt too much but still does. my chest doesnt hurt but only when i need to burp the burp doesnt come out all the time, yesturday was the first time i sneezed since i had my surgery and it doesnt hurt, things are getting better, but im tired a lot >.<

the only thing that actually hurts is my lower abdomin

I didnt realize you were that many days out. I thought we got banded the same day (5TH). Thats funny.. my goof!

Im glad to hear that things are getting better for you. I know about the food thing too... oh, look out.. those are gonna be some serious three or four bites of cottage cheese when the day comes:drool:...lol I dont think I will EVER take food for granted again..THATS FOR SURE.

Glad to hear you doing better today. Hang in there, your doing great!:cool:

haha, yup (: its all good! i dont know if i want cottage cheese anymore, i had enough of it on pre-op lol im allowed to have ricotta cheese when mushies get here, and a weird thing, my doc said i could have cottage cheese on friday (8/7) but i dont think so too early but yeah, im with you on that, i wont either, i cant wait to lose more weigh tho, i lost a lot in the first week really shocking! eep! im so happy im better too! <3