Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

I tried to check it out and my computer went wonky and was attacked by a trojan, so had to bail.

Well, my couple hours of homework is on hour 8, but I'm getting there.

Candice, how bizarre, I am assuming you have food and wood to stay warm if the power goes out. Be safe, you will have to send us some pictures when it clears. I'll be back later,

Have Christmas with our little family on Sunday and want to be prepared ahead of time. First year with our "fake" grandchildren and I can hardly breath with all the excitement. I could have gone way overboard on the gifts, stocking stuffers, etc., but didn't. Appropriate gifts for what they are into and interested in. Have a fun day of letting them cook the meal (they got to pick out the menu) and MAKING the adults eat what they cook. Have a line up of age appropriate board games, etc. Could it be? Could I maybe be a real "fake" grandma in the near future????? No pushing on my part but, oh my.

Well... this is interesting!! Trying to post on "7's" thread and the "I'm here" quotes showed up!! We'll see where the post goes!! LOL

FAKE GRANDMA, indeed!! No way. Grandkids don't have to be related by blood!!

Just claim them if you want them!!

15_11_4.gif 7_13_4.gif

First of all, don't worry about the conversation or if it lulls....Great trick....everyone loves talking about their kids or their pets. There's always that question to ask. That could fill up an entire evening with some ppl. Just be gracious and listen. Be prepared for "brag books" pulled out of purses. Try not to yawn as the stories of their pets and children go on and on and on.....

You asked about drinks. Depending on how many ppl you are serving....pick up 3-4 bottles of wine to serve. No wine glasses? Good time of year to get a good deal on some. Other than that, just have ice Water in some goblets on the table and a pitcher of water ready for refills.

I know who can give you good advice on what kind of wine to buy...our resident wine expert. I am sure Phyll will be able to give you some suggestions.

LOL!! We drink "TWO BUCK CHUCK" from Trader Joe's or box wine from Walmart or RiteAid!! Yellow Fin is good. There's one that Target & Albertson's sells that I like htat I believe is called Red Diamond.

Well prime rib it is, Smiths (Krogers here) had it on sale for $5.99/lb. I am comfortable making that and it always turns out yummy. Plus I am getting an early visit from Santa! I've been wanting new white dishes ever since DD got some for her wedding (she has the square food Network ones from Kohls if you know them) but it was just a want and not a real need. I tend to tire of dishes easily and always want new ones, but my thinking is white will be so versatile and I can always change up colors to go with it. Then I saw my exact dishes (cheapies from Walmart) on the news one night for having lead in them so I've wanted them more lately. Well seems DH was thinking of getting me some and we saw some at costco sortta like the Kohl's ones but a little different and are going to go pick them up this afternoon. What a guy! Now do I want service for 8 or 12? Usually do 8 but with the family growing, HMMMM??? They are really cheap so may go with the 12.

Sounds like you've got this dinner well under control.

I'm sure everything is going to be FINE!!!

My motto with dishes and cookware....more is better. I have a service of 24 and did all the serving dishes to add to it little by little. I have a mix of ruby and some celery green. By buying more and you plan on using them for a very long time, buying extras allows for breakage, etc. And...when I buy dishes, I use them for every day life. Makes me feel special to set the table every meal. Makes my family feel special too.

That sounds like a good philosophy to me! When we moved to our condo a few years ago, we didn't have room for all our dishes. So we got rid of our every day dishes and we use our good china when we're home.

This website is so screwed up!!! Why did the other thread's posts that I multiquoted show up here when I tried to post???? Very strange indeed!!

Anyway, did have a great time at Janet's! And since she had just one small glass of wine, that means Earl & I drank the rest of the two bottles!! And that's why I slept all the way home! LOL!! Loved that chicken cacciatore!! And the desert she fixed.. the "fake" cheese cake!! MMMMMM, good!

Another busy day.... that's why it took me so long to get here! Water aerobics, lunch, costco, Starbucks, Walmart, take the dog for a golf cart ride, watch some Judge Judy, dinner, couple of phone calls to the daughters!! Including one very frustrating call! I left a message on youngest daughter's phone this afternoon telling here that since we're going to be home for the holidays, Earl & I could spend the night with the kids if they wanted to have a little getaway for their anniversary on the 27th. She didn't call me back, so after several hours I called her again. Well, they thought that would be great. But, she hopes our feelings won't be hurt, but they went up to Tracy's for Thanksgiiving assuming that T & J were coming down here to spend Christmas with us. So they really don't want to drive up to Tracy's for Christmas, too! They want to stay home. Uh... it's like 55 miles... not cross-country. And then it's... "I GUESS I could have everybody here but my house is a mess and I don't have time to clean and I don't know if I have room for everyone, etc., etc., etc., !!" I am very annoyed right now! Not sure what to do. I don't really want to go spend the night there on Christmas eve so we can see the kids open their presents in the morning, and then come back again a couple of days later and spend the night again. There's a bedroom with a queen size bed in the downstairs, and a full bath down there, but the way she's talking about her house... who knows if it's usable right now. One time I had to sleep in one of the kid's beds because the room was such a mess> T & J said we should tell them to bring the kids up to us for their anniversary getaway instead of us going down there and spending the night. I think that's a good idea.

This website is so screwed up!!! Why did the other thread's posts that I multiquoted show up here when I tried to post???? Very strange indeed!!

OH... And now this one posted TWICE!!!

Anyway, did have a great time at Janet's! And since she had just one small glass of wine, that means Earl & I drank the rest of the two bottles!! And that's why I slept all the way home! LOL!! Loved that chicken cacciatore!! And the desert she fixed.. the "fake" cheese cake!! MMMMMM, good!

Another busy day.... that's why it took me so long to get here! Water aerobics, lunch, costco, Starbucks, Walmart, take the dog for a golf cart ride, watch some Judge Judy, dinner, couple of phone calls to the daughters!! Including one very frustrating call! I left a message on youngest daughter's phone this afternoon telling here that since we're going to be home for the holidays, Earl & I could spend the night with the kids if they wanted to have a little getaway for their anniversary on the 27th. She didn't call me back, so after several hours I called her again. Well, they thought that would be great. But, she hopes our feelings won't be hurt, but they went up to Tracy's for Thanksgiiving assuming that T & J were coming down here to spend Christmas with us. So they really don't want to drive up to Tracy's for Christmas, too! They want to stay home. Uh... it's like 55 miles... not cross-country. And then it's... "I GUESS I could have everybody here but my house is a mess and I don't have time to clean and I don't know if I have room for everyone, etc., etc., etc., !!" I am very annoyed right now! Not sure what to do. I don't really want to go spend the night there on Christmas eve so we can see the kids open their presents in the morning, and then come back again a couple of days later and spend the night again. There's a bedroom with a queen size bed in the downstairs, and a full bath down there, but the way she's talking about her house... who knows if it's usable right now. One time I had to sleep in one of the kid's beds because the room was such a mess> T & J said we should tell them to bring the kids up to us for their anniversary getaway instead of us going down there and spending the night. I think that's a good idea.

Good Morning

I stayed home from work yesterday - tummy wasn't good had the trots in the a.m. then slept on and off most of the day - and had cream of ck Soup for dinner - (not good - how come it use to taste good) and was even able to sleep all nite - must have had a touch of something.

Karla - virus not good - hope you got it fixed..

Phyl - Family issues Xmas - is hard trying to get everyone together.. I am sorta glad I'm not doing anything - well am suppose to cook - but may no do that...

Well just want to pop in - going to work today - tummy is fine...

cbl

Janet, I am so glad you are feeling better. sleep and lots of Water.

I have my nursery Christmas party tonight. Can't wait. Elyse is taking me since I am still banned from driving until tomorrow. I'm on Simon duty, he is starting to get a pep back in his step. He is one of those puppies that never walks anywhere, he sort of trots, not explaining it well,

Had very weird dreams last night!

Candice, did you loose your power? Are you and Peter and Bridget tucked in nice and warm?

Phyl, way weird with lbt. I tried to put a picture in and it wouldn't let me.

Good Morning

I stayed home from work yesterday - tummy wasn't good had the trots in the a.m. then slept on and off most of the day - and had cream of ck Soup for dinner - (not good - how come it use to taste good) and was even able to sleep all nite - must have had a touch of something.

Karla - virus not good - hope you got it fixed..

Phyl - Family issues Xmas - is hard trying to get everyone together.. I am sorta glad I'm not doing anything - well am suppose to cook - but may no do that...

Well just want to pop in - going to work today - tummy is fine... cbl

OH! Sorry you weren't feeling well yesterday! Short-lived though. Back on track today.

Glad you're done with that! Doesn't sound like a fun day.

Still kinda miffed at Jodie. Just sent her an email. Wasn't too tough on her. Just told her... "I'm a little miffed".... and asked if they could bring the kids to us for their anniversary getaway. If they come up for Christmas, we'll go down for their anniversary. But I don't want to make two trips down there in two days! Anyway, doesn't even sound like she wants company!!

Janet, I am so glad you are feeling better. Sleep and lots of Water.

I have my nursery Christmas party tonight. Can't wait. Elyse is taking me since I am still banned from driving until tomorrow. I'm on Simon duty, he is starting to get a pep back in his step. He is one of those puppies that never walks anywhere, he sort of trots, not explaining it well,

Candice, did you loose your power? Are you and Peter and Bridget tucked in nice and warm?

Sounds like the Great Lakes are going to get hit hard again today.

Wouldn't be surprised if Candace has no power!

And Seattle area had bad storms overnight...

wind storm, monsoon rains, flooding, mud slides!!

GREAT!!

28_2_9.gif 16_4_37.gif 4_2_1.gif

Hi Girls, I`m still here!!!

All highways in and out of WB are still closed... We have power, Water, gas and 2 GAS Fireplaces, that work even if we lose HYDRO... so we are good!!

But, in other parts of Ontario (and Phyl I am SURE they are getting slammed in Buffalo too) it was gotten so bad with whiteouts they closed the interstate(your term) and left 300 people stranded in their cars for 24 hrs..... The Ontario Premier ordered the Canadian Armed Forces in to HELP with the evacuation... helicopters and heavy equipment operators to clear snow... Holy CATS !!! (as Stephanie would say if she posted....)

It was even on CNN at NOON!!

Nice being retired! Don`t HAVE to go anywhere, although Peter is getting antsy and wants to try going to WALMART.... big entertainment in this town :rolleyes:

Janet, glad your tummy settled down and you were able to go to work

Phyl; forgot to congratulate you on your LOSS... every little bit COUNTS!!!!

Karla: Xmas party? that sounds like fun... enjoy!!! ANd since you don`t have to drive have an adult beverage or 2 ;)

Quilting in the basement today, gotta get this xmas quilt done.... I am sick of it and want to start on a NEW project that will interest me....

Down a smidgen this a.m. ... I`ll take all my little ones, they`ll eventually add up to a pound or 2. hee,hee,hee

Did you hear the story about the Royal Caribean Cruise Ship that got SLAMMED by huge waves and nearly capsized off the coast of Egypt???? Horrible story, 90% Americans onboard... people where thrown out of their beds, across the room, cut by flying glass, tables etc.... just horrific!! Its all over the news.... its the SAME port that I will be sailing into in a couple weeks... YIKES....

But it`ll be o.k., lightning never strikes twice right??? THe Captain of the ship musta been asleep at the wheel:angry:

Janet, I am so glad you are feeling better. sleep and lots of Water.

Karla - how about he skips ;0) - Sure glad he's doing better.. Don't really no what was wrong yesterday just quesy and the tmi - ok today ;0) but would love to retire.. I know I would find something to do ;0)..

Have fun at your party tonite ;0)... I don't have this yr.. I guess I am just not doing too much Christmas this year at all... Pple here at work were bugging me why I wasn't decorating - told them just too much work just for me and the dogs ;0)...

Don't know I'm just pooped ;0) Just day to day stuff is enough to keep up with - then you add Christmas. Well maybe next yr I'll have more time (won't schedule family vacation) and will be more in the mood for it..

OH! Sorry you weren't feeling well yesterday! Short-lived though. Back on track today.

Glad you're done with that! Doesn't sound like a fun day.

Still kinda miffed at Jodie. Just sent her an email. Wasn't too tough on her. Just told her... "I'm a little miffed".... and asked if they could bring the kids to us for their anniversary getaway. If they come up for Christmas, we'll go down for their anniversary. But I don't want to make two trips down there in two days! Anyway, doesn't even sound like she wants company!!

Sounds like the Great Lakes are going to get hit hard again today.

Wouldn't be surprised if Candace has no power!

And Seattle area had bad storms overnight...

wind storm, monsoon rains, flooding, mud slides!!

GREAT!!

28_2_9.gif 16_4_37.gif 4_2_1.gif

Phyl - you are the Grandparents - Age alone is the reason that they should be driving to see you and bring the kids to you - I think that's the priviledge of our age and grandparent status... Maybe they are just bah humbug. Yep 60 miles 120 miles round trip is too much - Don't her and Tracy get along or what... I would think they would want to be w/the whole family on Christmas.. But again this is coming from a girl who has only 1 sibling left - if my Sis was just 60 miles I would go there for Christmas for sure ...

Yep back on tract - so much so I have boot camp tonite.

Hi Girls, I`m still here!!!

All highways in and out of WB are still closed... We have power, water, gas and 2 GAS Fireplaces, that work even if we lose HYDRO... so we are good!!

But, in other parts of Ontario (and Phyl I am SURE they are getting slammed in Buffalo too) it was gotten so bad with whiteouts they closed the interstate(your term) and left 300 people stranded in their cars for 24 hrs..... The Ontario Premier ordered the Canadian Armed Forces in to HELP with the evacuation... helicopters and heavy equipment operators to clear snow... Holy CATS !!! (as Stephanie would say if she posted....)

It was even on CNN at NOON!!

Nice being retired! Don`t HAVE to go anywhere, although Peter is getting antsy and wants to try going to WALMART.... big entertainment in this town :rolleyes:

Janet, glad your tummy settled down and you were able to go to work

Phyl; forgot to congratulate you on your LOSS... every little bit COUNTS!!!!

Karla: Xmas party? that sounds like fun... enjoy!!! ANd since you don`t have to drive have an adult beverage or 2 ;)

Quilting in the basement today, gotta get this xmas quilt done.... I am sick of it and want to start on a NEW project that will interest me....

Down a smidgen this a.m. ... I`ll take all my little ones, they`ll eventually add up to a pound or 2. hee,hee,hee

Did you hear the story about the Royal Caribean Cruise Ship that got SLAMMED by huge waves and nearly capsized off the coast of Egypt???? Horrible story, 90% Americans onboard... people where thrown out of their beds, across the room, cut by flying glass, tables etc.... just horrific!! Its all over the news.... its the SAME port that I will be sailing into in a couple weeks... YIKES....

But it`ll be o.k., lightning never strikes twice right??? THe Captain of the ship musta been asleep at the wheel:angry:

Candice - I know I heard just a tad when napping yesterday about the cruise ship - yep lightening doesn't strike twice - if seas were that bad - don't think there was much the capitan could do ... Storms... 30 ft swells - I know that I would be sea sick for sure with those kind of swells ..

Hugs on your snow - Ya sometime Walmart is the most exciting thing to do - for me it's target & marshalls since they are across the street..

Well at least if I lived there I would be getting snow days - but losing power - well that would be a bitch - can't watch t.v. or get on the computer - and I'm read a book on my eread that needs charging every 6 hrs ;0)..

Well just a quick ck in- bored at work - not motivated today... Maybe tomorrow ..

Had a great time at my Christmas party. It was so nice to see everyone from the nursery. Got a fabulous home woven throw rug, goes perfect with my living room. Even was able to eat dinner, a real piece of meat, had prime rib, about 2 oz, 1/4 baked potatoe/ 1/4 salad/ & 1/4 of chocolate cheese cake, yum!!!!!!!! Tired though, took my pain meds and am going to head to bed. I spent most of the day on my feet and I am paying for it tonight. So check in tomorrow. Candice stay warm. Phyl, I'd drive 60 miles to see my mom & I don't even really like her!!!! Janet, glad you are back on your toes, I wish someday I could come & spend Christmas with you!

CALORIES/CARBS/FATPROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg929/76/39/67

You guys are ALWAYS welcome to come have Christmas with Peter and I!! Ya'll know how much room I have.

And then it would be an impetus for me to CLEAN the House and Put Up my Decorations!!! :D

Wind has stopped tonight, still 10 below zero, but with no wind that is tolerable... perhaps by morning they'll have our local highways open and I can get the HELL OUT OF HERE and go SHOPPING IN BARRIE or something!!

Janet, sounds like you did have a little bug.. glad that is over with eh?

PHyl' Hugs on the DD issue... geez why is it that KIDS can't put themselves in OUR shoes... why do they always take it for granted that we'll always BE around.... shame on her... she should come to YOU.

Karla; Whoo-yhoo on the party, you go girl... I am proud of you for getting out, food was good too... only a tiny serv. of dessert, that shows restraint.

Well, eyes are starting to "cross" time for bed.

Love you ALL Ladies;)

Good Morning Peeps !!!

Candice - You haven't decorated??? That makes me feel good :0).. Just don't have the get up to do all that work just to have to take it down in a couple weeks - and hell even when I do feel like decorating - I hate taking it down - don't till after the 1st of the yr and even then it can be 1/15 and my tree will still be up - lol..

Well this yr I don't think Christmas and getting to your place would happen - we would end up stuck at the airport... Traveling in the winter ..

Stay warm - that's just too much snow - saw it right now on the news... I would hate being house bound after a couple of days ...

Karla - Sound like you had a great time - yep save your $ - you need to start a vacation fund - you would love the Desert in the winter - not to hot and we don't have snow - but if you want snow we can go to the mountains...

Oh - Karla - I need your new address - email it to me please !!!!

I think I am going to try Hula tonite at 6:30 a new class is starting - and the gym is sorta bare this time of yr - so Diane and I are going to try it out - have weights training at 5 - then 6:30 going to hula - going to look like a dork - but will get some exercise ;0)

Phyl How are things today - what did you do yesterday - getting ready for your trip home....

Well gotta get ready for work - cbl

Karla - email me please

Okay, what is hula? I have heard about 'zumba', which sounds fun, but 'hula'? Does it have anything to do with a hula hoop? Low impact or high? I would love Zumba, but too much jumping for these old meshed together innards.

I get to drive today!!!!! Going to post office to mail Christmas packages and to check the mail for the teachers in China. Need to pay their bills.

Candice, be sure to get out your beaver coat and your snow shoes!!! Don't wear white, You would be too camoflaged, some one might plow you up. Sorry couldn't resist!

Hawaiian Hula Exercise Class ;0)

Hi! Here I am!! yesterday..... Water aerobics, beading, quick glass of wine, off to local nursing home for mentally ill/challenged for Zoey visit. She did all her tricks. Another couple brought their dog, too and she did some tricks. Zoey LOVED it! And the residents seemed to enjoy having the dogs there!

When we got home, neighbors were out on the patio having a little Happy Hour party to say good bye to couple behind us who left this morning for Christmas at their home, also in WA. Had a few Snacks and wine for dinner! Then watched Biggest Loser, Good Wife, etc. and went to bed at my usual midnight!

Skipped water aerobics this morning... too windy. Probably should have gone anyway because can't go tomorrow... dr appt in the a.m. after TOPS. Then Earl has oil change scheduled and I need to go get a few things at costco.< /span>

Interesting weather, Candace!! LOL! Family hasn't said anything about weather in Buffalo! Maybe you got it worse than they did. We had a big cool off today and still windy and cloudy. I think we even had a slight earthquake this morning!

Janet... HUla!! Going to Hawaii for your next trip??? LOL

Karla... glad you're able to drive again. Christmas party sounds like fun. Red Hats Christmas party is Saturday... we had the big area one last week.. this week it's just our little group. And tomorrow night... Sky Valley Christmas dinner! Saturday after Red Hat.. open house at friends'. Eating our way through the week! Will have to be careful. Good thing we're leaving on Sunday!! HAHA!! No word from Jodie! Called her this a.m. and got SIL. He said he'd have her call me back. That was about 2 hrs ago!! She's probably mad now. Hasn't answered my email either.