Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Oh Phyl, that golf cart looks so cool, did you win 1st prize or what? Look a zoey, what a hoot... she is one HAM SANDWICH isn`t she!!! OMGosh... Bridget would be right there with her »L»O.L

Janet, I am sure is either busy cleaning in preparation of your royal visit, OR she is cooking up a storm!! That's what I'd be doing... oh I can't wait to see you guys in MARCH... 3 more months...

Oh and the pictures of you guys wearing SANDALS!!!! ah, are ya TRYING to make me cry!!!!

Karla; I hope you are not getting that big storm that western canada is getting... it looked yucky on the news... How is Simon today? Is he eating?

weather here today is mild, warmed up a bit from the other day... but very LIGHT flurries are coming down now... but dosnt look like it will accumulate to very much. SO we are off to our GIG at 1 oclock...

Had my morning salt Water gargle, and I had my breaky of WW toast w/ 4 minute egg mushed up on top of it... that seems to be me fav Breakfast these days, goes down o.kl

Oh gosh, yest I had shake, pro bar, then supper..... wELL SUPPER got stuck... what the Flip??? that hasnt' happened in a LONG time... think I have been STRESSED this week... I hate to admit thatl, but the BAND never lies!!!

Reading a really good book, THE END OF OVEREATING... I'm gonna give all you guys the link, its a GOOD book, I am finally getting to thte part that TELLS you how to stop...the behaviour (which I have already done) But I'll take ALL the reinforcement that I can get... Then I am going to start on a novel by my fav. writer... WALLY LAMB.

wELL, i GUES S that's enough of my drivel for the day.... stay warm Karla, and you other gals wear your sunblock!!! :-(

food for Saturday:CALORIESCARBSFATPROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg1,275\142\45\83

Candace's "Daily Drivel"!! LOL!! Well.... here's mine!

No.. we didn't win a prize, but it sure was fun! But our next door neighbors (lady with the bright red hair) tied for 2nd, couple behind us won 1st prize and another group of friends who got together and did the "Alaska Express" train came in 3rd. It was cute there was an engine, then a freight car and then the caboose. Santa was sitting on the back seat of the caboose. It was really cute! I think there were 4 of them altogether.... and they are already plotting their theme for next year! Gals want to do Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs and make one of the guys be Snow White!! LOL!

Then in the afternoon.... tons of finger food at that party we went to, and when it got dark, we all walked to the end of the street and OMG!!! Neighbors ad put together a HUGE spread of things like meatballs, pigs in the blanket, taquitas, chili, and about two tables of cookies!! I restrained myself!! After that we got on our golf cart and toured the rest of the park looking at the lights. I put a bunch of the photos on FB. Oh.. I think I have to post one more pic here... this little girl who was an angel on one of the carts discovered Zoey at the end of the ride. She wanted to hold her and I got several cute pictures, but the best is the last... her halo slipped down over her eyes!! They fell in love and Zoey was cuddling with her and licking her ears, etc. So cute!

All in all... a very fun day and we were home by 7 p.m.! Sorry about the sandals!!! HAHAHA!! NOT!! Did I mention that by the time we got back in the morning I had to change to a tank top and lighter weight capris because I was so HOT!! And switched from Santa hat to red sun visor!!! It was a VERY warm day, and supposed to be that way for a few more days. I'll be dressing light to go to Janet's, too!! I had my red Christmas sweatshirt with me last night but never got cold enough to put it on. Just draped it over my shoulders for the cart ride.

Hope Simon is eating by now!!

You're probably on your way to your gig by now,... or almost!! Hope it all goes well with the new guy!! We'll be waiting to hear!

post-220150-13813139866737_thumb.jpg

Was on Simon duty all day yesterday, two hours turned into 8 and when Elyse FINALLY came to get him, we had a CHAT. Not a pretty one, I need to learn to shut up. But the gist of it all was that Elyse suspects that the friend of the BF who they rent from (the house is split and the friend lives in the other half) kicked Simon over the fence. That is the only way he could have gotten out. Plus he has a HUGE hematoma (bruise) on his belly that doesn't show any teeth marks. So she figures the friend got mad at Simon, kicked him over the fence, Simon ran off, got eaten by a coyote. The BF is taking his friends side and says he may hit his own dogs, but he says he didn't kick Simon. I pretty much lost it. Told her if that wasn't enough of a clue then I guess she is okay being less important then a friend and that if I find out he touches Simon again, I will call the police on ALL of them. take Simon, and find him a home that is safe. Told her that I'm done. Not my best mom moment, but I have zero patience for abusers of children or pets.

Okay, topic change, I had to get this off my chest!

Would you believe that yesterday lbt didn't show anyones new posts when I logged in. Now I am way behind.

Anyway, Phyl, Zoey is such a princess, & the cart is beautiful. Did you win? The Marine Band is always fabulous I have heard. Now you are off to Janet's. Have fun!

Janet, you were quiet yesterday, busy preparing for Phyl? Do you have all your Christmas decorations up? You will have to show us pictures, I bet it is gorgeous!

Candice, glad to know you didn't get axed and that the guy appears to be normal. Is he Clean? Glad he has all his teeth? How about smell? Is he my age? I couldn't resist, sorry. Now I have never asked, but are you the only one who sings? Or do the guys join in? Also, I didn't know you were still working at the clinic...on a Saturday?

Got about 2 inches of snow last night, now it is raining. Hopefully it won't freeze. I need to shovel, but that won't be happening. Oh well.

Thanks guys for listening!

Good Morning..

Karla Where are you

Candice - Glad you didn't get killed ;0) and my gosh girl didn't know you were such a control freak - leave the guy's hair alone ;0) - Band pple look diff than others - lots have long hair ;0) even jazz pple ;0) all that matters is that he's not a serial killer and plays well..

Those extra calories will help the weight loss - It did for me during my weight loss phase and remember this is a lifetime change not a diet...

I was just chilling yesterday really - I get on the computer and don't get any down time - so yesterday didn't sign back on once I got home around 1 ish -

I wanted to nap but really couldn't - Watched a movie - Family Wedding it was cute..

Weather this weekend in the 80's - Since Phyl & Earl are snow birds they wear sandals & shorts - us desert rats are in closed in shoes and long pants - yesterday when I left in the am - it was still chilly - had on boots and long sleeves - plus the stores are so cold now a days - when I got home changed into capri jammies and last night did sleep in a summer gown ;0)

Next week suppose to be back in the 60's and maybe some rain - nice winter weather for us - I can wear my winter clothes - which really are your summer evening clothes ;0)

Phyl - Yep you need to chill - I got 2 bottles of Middle Sis wine - don't know if it's any good - got a white & red - but I liked the names - so you will have a well deserved rest this afternoon..

Love the cart - it came our really nice - if you click on save you can see them smaller - but you can see them ok..

Next yr don't do the pics or make sure that at least 3 or 4 others are doing them too..

Yesterday - did a little shopping (forgot coffee) watched t.v. - read. cleaned - Andrew came by between jobs - made him some mac & cheese to go w/the ribs I made - but he just ate mac & cheese - showered and went to 2nd job - proud of that boy !!!!

Well got gym at 10 - target to get coffee - home and get ready for Phyl & Earl & Zoey - gotta get Bella pretty too ;0)

CBL

Phyl, sorry, I forgot to mention how Simon is doing. I got him to drink two bowls of broth and some food. He also was able to go potty. I had to make him a body stocking so he doesn't chew his tubes. Normally they put those cones on them, but he has a drain tube at the neck so he can't wear a cone. If Elyse brings her camera when she comes to put up the tree I will post pictues of Simon and the hats I have made.

Simon: Omygosh Karla. You think that the housemate KICKED the dog? I would have :lost my shit" over that one too... Terrible, dog abusers are LOWER than slime.... HUGS for POOR SIMON.... ya know what, when you take Simon back over to Elyse's place observe Simon's reaction to the Neighbor.... that'll tell the tale... if HE is terrified of the guy, you'll have your answer.,,. yup taking the dog away might be the safest thing for Simon... How old is he anyways^

Janet: Yup, I am busted!!! I am a control freek... especially when it comes to performing live for people... I want it to be perfect!!!! ((SICK)) but hey, that's the way I am...

Karla, Mark didn't smell... acrually a very nice guy... If I get a good pic of him - maybe I can set you girls up!!! He is 51, 2 failed marrages, 2 grown boys 31 & 29... now I can't wait to hear him play tomorrow and see how Peter likes him.

Phyl; have a good day at Janets.... it'll be so much fun and laughter!!!

did you open your HOTMAIL yet???

If you open GOOGLE mark andrew smith, you'll get his myspace web site.... you can listen to his music...see a pic or two... although, he looks MUCH better in person

Unfortunately, I am still banned from driving until after Tuesday, so I won't be able to check out the friend, but if Elyse is suspicius, I know the guy did it. My vet has to stop and give Bailey (cat) her cortizone shot this week and I will have her check out Simon.

Candice - Tater are good every now and then - I do the every couple of months - Since I have been vacation I have been staying away from starches - I gained like 2.5 lbs on vacation - and by thrusday (yesterday) had them off - I ate more sugar & starches on vaca than I normally do - quesdilla - dessert every night, fufu drinks etc - but getting back to eating healthy & the gym - they came right off..

Janet; 2 .5 lbs in a week of GIVIN ÈR isn`t bad at all... You`ll have that sweated off in no time at all.... I am confident in YOU!!!

Well Janet and Phyl will be too busy to post tonight I am sure.... have a glass of MERLOT for me!!! I am liking a MALBEC lately too... have you tried it Phyl... they make some really nice ones in Argentina.

Back from the GIG, in Creemore... nice little town, not too far from where we live.. but alas, its snowing again!! and it was a bit SLIMEY on the roads.... but we just took it slow and allowed for more time... and it was fine.

Now this was a LONG TERM CARE facility, not a sr`s retirement home(like my Mom`s) so the folks are a bit more frail... also, getting in... ah, we needed a CODE to punch in - as all residents are on Lock-down... many I guess have Alzheimers or Dementia... but they looked pretty `with it` to me...

It was a great success! The ol`folks just LOVED the music, some were singing along... I told a few jokes, ( at Peter`s expense of course) and they laughed their asses off. There were a few musical glitches, but we recovered nicely and no one was the wiser (except perfectionist me - ha,ha,ha) [stop laughing Janet]

We had plenty of material to last the hour, coulda played more... but you are better to leave them wanting!!! I am sure they will have us back again... people all stoped me on the way out to tell us how much they loved it... so nice.

There was this one old fella, 97 yrs old was sitting right up front, he was singing along to 90% of the songs. Turns out he used to Play TRUMPET... and was quite good... He said he stopped playing at 60... but you could tell he Still loved MUSIC... it`s just IN him... how special...

I am telling you, I LOVE doing this for old people - you can see it in their faces, they are tapping their toes. Most are in wheelchairs now... but ya know... their minds can all go back to the day when these songs were ones they danced to and sang to..... I am so lucky!! to be a part of this...

Karla

I'm not decorating this yr ;0) Kids aren't coming Andrew's not here - just me and the dogs - and it's 2 weeks to Christmas - too much junk to pull out for 2 weeks... I'm not really celebrating this yr - ;0) We had our Xmas - going on Vacation - Will send cards for Xmas - got Andrew a few things (blanket - Lost season 1 $19.99 - DVD $19.99 couple $3 DVD )

Ya sounds like the roomate is the cause - I don't think you are a bad mom for telling it like it is - I would - that's just the kind of person I am.. I don't keep my mouth shut either

Candice - I got the 2.5 lbs with in the week - I weighed when I got home Sat or Sun - and then Weighed in on Thursday the 2.5 were gone - I didn't eat to many starches this past week - Ate lots of veggies & protein...

Glad your gig was a success ;0) - Yep unless you are a trained professional or the flub was major I know I wouldn't notice either ;0)

Well just waiting for Phyl & Earl & Zoey..

We will toast you all - it's 80 in the shade ;0) - got cheese/salami crackers humus for appetizers - chick cactatorrie main meal - fake cheese cake pudding (greek yogurt) for dessert - Pinto Giegiro - Melot wines ...

YUM, dinner sounds FAB.... enjoy your company :P

Janet, Phyl, Earl, enjoy your evening. Think of Candice & I freezing our butts off in the snow. Elyse put up my tree and stayed for a little while. Her and BF got in a big fight and he texted that he wanted her to move out. So she goes to get some things for the night and they 'work' it out. I had a small fantasy, fortunately I didn't say anything negative, I figured they would work it out. I can already see what is going to happen. They will get married, before or after she gets pregnant, they will be together for about 8 years and then they will get divorced when she finally gets fed up with paying for everything. I guess she has to learn the hard way. It isn't my life and she has to run her own. But I did make it abundantly clear that if anything else happens to Simon I will be calling the police and removing him. Simon is 4 years old Candice. If I have to remove him, I'm sending him to you to be a playmate for Bridget.

Did too much today, sore, but oh well. I didn't lift anything, just murphy oiled an old cabinet that I got a couple of summers ago and reshelved it and rehung the door. The writing door had leather hinges that I replaced, but they aren't going to work. So I guess when I can drive I'll go get a couple of brass hinges and then it will be done. It looks pretty good.

Had about 1/2 cup of taco Soup today and a piece of cheese, not hungry. too tired.

Good Morning Peeps

Had a great time yesterday - good friend, wine & food.. Phyl gave me the cutest earring she made ;0)

Am feeling a little yucky this morning - tummy just a tad upset - Don't why (hope it wasn't my food - it tasted good last night and was fresh)- had bad heartburn from the wine - had one little glass - Tired - dumb dogs had me up at 4 - but went back to bed but never got to sleep..

Morning, didn't go to bed until 11:30 last night, just couldn't get tired. Not doing enough I guess. I was worried that I gained weight, so stepped on the scale this morning and have lost a pound, I'll take it and run. Hopefully today I will get back to normal eating.

Janet, I'm sorry you are feeling yucky, hopefully it doesn't last too long.

I should hear from the doc this morning about the other surgeon. Keep your fingers crossed!

Hi Girls;

Sorry your tummy is not feeling well Janet!!! I am sure it was NOT your food... what time did everybody leave?

PHyl; You are quet today.

Karla: ack, its snowing again, but also really blowing, which you know is a bad combination. The temperature also dropped... -14 degrees... which dosn't make sense, as usually it won't snow if it is THAT cold.... ah Mother Nature has a SIC sense of humour!!!

Been kinda a lazy day here, finished my book on overeating, weighed myself and I am down .8 lb... like Karla, I am taking in and RUNNING.... hee,hee.hee

Ordered a christmas gift from the shopping channel last night. A KRUPS coffee maker - 1 cup at a time thingy...Hope HE likes it!!!

Candice, heck if HE likes it, you will. I've looked at them and dreamed, but I drink too much coffee and that gets expensive.

I now have an appointment with the new surgeon for Jan 10th, surgery will be booked for 2 to 4 weeks after that. The receptionist was fabulous, she is a doxie owner, so how could she not be. After surgery I will be out a minimum of 2 weeks and then the doc & I will decide from there. I'm going to cancel the other surgery and go back to school until the next surgery. Not the best of situations, but my long term sub is gone from Jan 7th to 14th, so I think this will work out all right. I just hope she will come back for the next go around.

Has rained all night and outside is wet muddy and ugly, but Candice you can keep your snow and wind. Have been working on homework and will be done in a couple of hours, man my brain doesn't want to work!!!

Candice, heck if HE likes it, you will. I've looked at them and dreamed, but I drink too much coffee and that gets expensive.

I now have an appointment with the new surgeon for Jan 10th, surgery will be booked for 2 to 4 weeks after that. The receptionist was fabulous, she is a doxie owner, so how could she not be. After surgery I will be out a minimum of 2 weeks and then the doc & I will decide from there. I'm going to cancel the other surgery and go back to school until the next surgery. Not the best of situations, but my long term sub is gone from Jan 7th to 14th, so I think this will work out all right. I just hope she will come back for the next go around.

Has rained all night and outside is wet muddy and ugly, but Candice you can keep your snow and wind. Have been working on homework and will be done in a couple of hours, man my brain doesn't want to work!!!

Ya Karla; the weather went from bad to worse today... Police have CLOSED the Highways coming in and out of Wasaga Beach and Collingwood. Winds are 75kph with still falling snow!!! So glad that we are retired and not feeling guilty about being homebound all day. Mark called, and I told him not to come tonight.... roads are aweful, and he'd probably get turned back anyways... so we are planning on tomorrow night for rehearsal

Did you girls check out his picture or music?

700 cals so far today