Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Hey Gang - Home in pj's and chillin !!! TGIF

Food today -

BF - Strawberries - 6 slices Deli Ham w/1 slice 2% cheese

Lunch - Salmon

Dinner - Steak & Veggie & Pasta maybe

Snacks - popcorn - fudgesicle - but I am craving sugar - I almost stopped and go a candy bar but didn't wtg Janet...

Gotta get up in the a.m. and hit the gym - went last tuesday (a week ago) so I most go in the morning ...

Well that's about it for me - I am going to have a busy week next week as the lady I work with dh is having surgery and she will be gone all week -but at least next week is a 4 day week for me and I will be chillin w/Phyl on Friday !!!

Janet, I missed this morning because I was trying to decide if I was going to hurt DD#4 or if I should start worrying. She didn't come home last night. No a biggie, she is 23 and should have her own life. By noon, I called her...no answer, no I'm a little concerned. By 2 pm, still no answer. So I call her sister who has Chemistry with her at 11 am. I find out that she never went to class, no I'm more concerned, she NEVER skips class, NEVER not call me at least 3 times during the day. I call where she works and find out from her friend that DD#4 left her house at 2 am to head home, an 8 mile drive, and she hasn't shown up at work, nor has she answered her textmessages from her friend. So now I can't breath, I call the police to see if there were any accidents, I drive the road that she would have taken TWICE. At this point I'm looking down embankments looking for her car. I am convinced that she is dead/kidnapped/murdered. FINALLY she calls me and says, "Oops I fell asleep at a boy friends." 1. I never knew she had a boy friend, 2. Hell no you don't get away with not calling out of common curtesy. She calls later to appologize, but she just doesn't get it, my heart was breaking, my spirit is already broken, I couldn't wrap my head around how I could deal with it if she was missing. I'm not even mad, I'm just truely broken. Part of me wants to ask her to move out...I can't go through that again. Her excuse...I didn't want you mad because i was at a guys house. 1st, if you don't think a guy is 'mom-worthy', WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING WITH HIM. You are worth only the best, but you decided that you can't get anyone so you go for guys you are ashamed of???? Quite frankly, I'm done...I can't do it anymore. I can't even eat and that only happens when i am close to breaking.

Karla

Hugs gf - Kids - I bet you were out of your mind with worry

Now every bf isn't going to be mommy worthy - were yours :0) that's kind funny... I had a lot of bf who I wouldn't take home to mom lol - it's called fun not marriage ... But I know you don't think that's funny right now

Yes she lives at home she owes you a call - to skip class and work - that's not cool either - you wanta have your fun - have it but you gotta be responsible -

You really didn't need this stress today - nor never really but right now with the loss of your Dad - your emotions are even running higher than usual..

Ok which DD goes out of town to see bf - #4 or #5 must be #5 - but I thought it was the dd who lives w/you and that's #4 right??

Hugs - well you can't eat - so I guess you can look at that as being a good thimg :0)

Yep it WAS DD#4, but they broke up, Thanks for listening, you all must think I am a basket case...which I am right now. Good thing, my brother called to make sure I was all right.

I'm going to try to eat something, then go to bed. Have to get up early to clean and leave for the inspection, keep your fingers crossed!

Night,

Yep it WAS DD#4, but they broke up, Thanks for listening, you all must think I am a basket case...which I am right now. Good thing, my brother called to make sure I was all right.

I'm going to try to eat something, then go to bed. Have to get up early to clean and leave for the inspection, keep your fingers crossed!

Night,

Sweetie we totally understand !!!! you are a basket case right now and that's to be expected and you sure in the hell didn't need this additional stress from DD#4..

Your inspection will go fine and you may just have to tell DD#4 that she has to follow your rules while she's living under your roof.

Janet, I did tell DD#4 that i could not do this again AND that if she couldn't be honest with me, then she would have to move out. Hopefully she gets it, because I can't ever do that again. The reality is that as a mom, sure I worry about where she is at, that's being a mom. But she has her own life, heck by the time I was her age I was married with 3 kids. My biggest concern is that she is so easily taken advantage of, but again that is being a mom, and those are HER choices. My choice is to never have to vision her in a ditch dead. So she either 'gets it' or moves out.

Janet, I did tell DD#4 that i could not do this again AND that if she couldn't be honest with me, then she would have to move out. Hopefully she gets it, because I can't ever do that again. The reality is that as a mom, sure I worry about where she is at, that's being a mom. But she has her own life, heck by the time I was her age I was married with 3 kids. My biggest concern is that she is so easily taken advantage of, but again that is being a mom, and those are HER choices. My choice is to never have to vision her in a ditch dead. So she either 'gets it' or moves out.

Totally agree gf - that had to be the worse and so very inconsiderate of her..

My sis and I were talking about the same thing - I don't know if it's our fault - but our grown kids are still that kids - at their age we were all out on our own doing our own thing - Kids now a days (well for the most part) rely on the parents too much - they need to grow up and take responsiblity..

You are up early for a Saturday - but I know you have a busy day w/inspection and everything ...

Keep us posted on that -

Happy weekend ladies. I hope you are having a wonderful day! I see Candice made it home! I'm so jealous. I need to have a vacation somewhere warm. I want to sit on a beach and drink refreshments with pretty little umbrellas.

I think the chromium has done some good. I seem to be a little clearer headed. I sleep when it's time to sleep and wake up clearer and not exhausted. Whether that is the chromium or just wishful thinking I don't know. I'll take anything at this point.

I've been better about my food the last couple of days. I don't have the snackies as much. I've better control. That is REALLY nice. I need that. It might be because I was subbing the last two days and had something to do....might not. We will see.

Alright. Time to watch this movie with Jeff. Have a great day. Love you all!

Oh Karla. Give #4 a swift kick in the @$$ for me. Tell her to have some common sense. her mother has enough on her plate right now. You're dealing with your dad. the LAST thing you need is to worry about her. How freaking RUDE! I have to say. I'm freaking ANGRY. DAMN HER! grrrr. I'm so very sorry. Hugs to you from me. I love you!

Okay...now....I'm gone.

While the inspectors said, quote, "We love what you have done with the house, it is gorgeous (they were the inspectors that I had when I bought the house)..." that was only because they were ready to drop the hammer...The biggest issue, the buyers didn't read my listing well and they were 'unaware' that I had an all weather wood foundation. The inspector told them that it is just as durable, and maybe more so than a concrete, the husband's father said, "Never buy an all weather wood foundation." So the deal may be off, naturally they have until March 16th to make a decision. I'm really ticked, because the listing clearly stated that it was an all weather wood foundation. The next thing...the roof will probably not pass their financing requirements, so IF they decide they can live with the foundation, I will have to reroof. The reality is that even if they back out of the deal, I'll still have to reroof. So, how many thousands of dollars is it going to cost me to reroof a 1358 sq. ft. house. I figure I will rent the equipment and do it myself. There is no way in hell I can afford to pay someone to do it. But if they buy the house, it may just come with hot pink polka dotted shingles. So naturally if the deal goes south, so does my deal on the house I'm buying. My offer beat out someone elses, so they will go with the other buyers. So, I'm spending $60 a month for storage so the house shows well, $125 an hour for the well log, to have someone say 'oops sorry, we didn't read you listing well enough, so we want our earnest money back'. The good note...the inspector said I did a good plumbing job when I had to replace some leaky pipes in the crawl space. The worse thing...sitting here waiting on the buyer decision, all the while I'm not showing because it is under contract. Naturally, I cried, really made my realtor uncomfortable. Oh well, thats what he is getting paid $10,800 for. I realized today, that by the time I pay realtor fees, I will be selling my house for $10,000 LESS than what I paid for it. We won't think about the money I put into laminant flooring or landscaping. If I was a drinking person I would be drunk by now. Hey, but at least i'm not eating, I'm too upset to eat. I think I will take a nap instead. The take the furries for a walk.

I REALLY want to know who i pissed off in a previous life time.

Good evening.

What a week...and next week is crazy too. It is spirit week next week, we have visitors everyday next week at work and we have a lockin/sleepover on Friday night. Then the following week we leave for Philadelphia/Washington D.C. I SOOOOOOOO need a break.

The meds are working very well. I don't want to eat ever. I have lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks and I have permission to start running again tomorrow. So I should be back in my pants in no time!

Well I should get going. Lee and I are hosting a gaming party tomorrow night and I have to learn the new game that we bought today.

Just wanted to check in like I promised.

Wondering how Phyl did in her walk. Anyone know?

Hi! Quick post... gotta go get in the shower or I'll be late for choir practice before church!

I did GREAT in the walk.... walked almost the whole two miles. Took a little shortcut towards the end. Had to sit down and rest once for a couple of minutes.... hips were hurting. BUt once I rested.... stopped hurting. Very happy! Photos on FB.

Well the aol weather say 20% tomorrow and 50% on Sunday and I heard on the radio – that change of rain is tomorrow nite.. But you know how the weather pple are they hardly ever get it right??

My gf Debbie got laid off today – she has been expecting it for a while now – her company got bought out buy another company – hell she’s lucky though she lives w/DS and doesn’t really have any bills – so she should be ok..

Well just cking in – cbl

Oh my gosh, so sorry to hear about Debbie losing her job. That is aweful and hard to get another job in your 50's!! GIve her a big hug from me:redface:

Hi! Quick post... gotta go get in the shower or I'll be late for choir practice before church!

I did GREAT in the walk.... walked almost the whole two miles. Took a little shortcut towards the end. Had to sit down and rest once for a couple of minutes.... hips were hurting. BUt once I rested.... stopped hurting. Very happy! Photos on FB.

Congrats on your two-miler... good for you!!! It felt good didn't it. I have been reading about your EARL saga.. too funny... Yours give you grief when you are gone too long and mine says "oh go on holiday with your girlfriends"... we just have NO WAY of winning do we? :smile2:

O. k. CUBA travelog:

The resort was killer... a 4 1/2 star resort that didn't disapoint. Champaigne for Breakfast everyday, I ate LOBSTER twice, had calamari 4x, Scampi 4 x... food was very good. ALthough, I got sick of omelets for breaky and tried to have Cereal one day with milk.. YUK, the cereal is not crispy(humididy) and the milk is WHOLE milk, unpasturized.... tasted like pouring CREAM on my cereal... couldn't eat it like that, too many years of SKIM milk... ha,ha,ha... But the coffee con Leche was to die for. Cuba has better coffee than anyone, we brought home Kilo's of it...

I wrenched my back lifting luggage the first day, so had a sore back for the week. Luckily I had extra strength Tyl in my stuff so took that several times per day. but I found this WONDERFUL muscle relaxant in CUBA.... its called R U M.... lol

So Pina Colada's were my fav. RUM for my back and coconut milk for my _____ Constipation (TMI sorry)

Then had evenings of trying every liquour on the shelf.. they had all international brands of liquour so it was pretty fine!

on a Sad note, the whole resort was full of Quebecer's.... all speaking Fronglesse!!!! Did finally run into 3 other English speaking Canadian couples so we hung around with them. We did have Satalite TV in our rooms, so we got CNN and CTV and all the Olympic games, and YES we watched the Canada / US HOCKEY GOLD GAME...whoop-whoop

We watched it enmass in the BEER GARDEN tavern , 75 drunken Canucks crammed into this little bar watching the most important game of our decade on a 19" screen

..... ARGH :smile2:

It was too crowded for the bartenders to serve drinks, so they just passed TRAYS of beer bottles back to the crowd, then Pina Colada's Tray, then this drink called a MIAMI VICE... oh it was good. There was one CDN guy Rooting for the U.S. team...he had the prime seat at the bar,a foot from the TV screen... so his penance for cheering for the 'other' side was to pass the TRAYS of drinks back to the rest of us... it was really fun and all in good spirits... I am sure you could hear us all screaming all the way back to MIAMI!~!!!!

CONGRATS to the U.S.A. for taking the most medals!!! Your champions did an outstanding job. (I did think your figure skater got robbed though, she was awesome and deserved more...)

BUt alas, the weather in Cuba was very dissappointing.. cold, cold and more cold... broken up by cloud cover!! I had my bathing suit on 1 day, and got in the Water at the pool only once, to wade across to the pool swim up bar.. Just so that I could say "I got wet"....

I read two novels cover to cover and got really relaxed. That part was nice and we had WILD SEX....:) o.k. so it wasn't Wild, it was old lady, middle aged sex... but we got thru it without our pacemakers cracking up.

Missed the doggies so terribly, and missed all you gals too... there was an internet cafe there but it was mucho pesos, so I didn't use it in protest.

Brought home lots of Cuban Rum, and over 1/2 my spending$$ money cause there is nothing to shop for there... no stores.. You can buy RUM, CIGARS, and Coffee...

Great flights both ways, hot meal and wine included in your flight. and on the way down they served Champagne to start our vacation off on the right foot...

Glad to be home and sleeping in our own beds, ya I let the puppies sleep with us too!

Went to visit my Mom yst. she's in the hospital with a broken wrist.. Poor dear

Lots of reading to catch up on here!!!

Love to you all Ladies:tongue:

Karla - Hugs & prayer on the house...

Candice - Sounds like you had a great time

Phyl - WTG

Karri - WTG on your 10 lbs :0)

Drive by post - I am making ck Soup - it's raining - and I am pooped been up since 6...

cbl

Hugs

Hi Everyone,

Karla- I hope everything works out with the sale. And I think your daughter should be ashamed of herself for being so thoughtless.

However, who the hell am I to point that out? I have my own thoughtless little brat here. He has a warped sense of priorities. I am going to look into getting him some therapy this week. Cost, what they offer and such. I have decided that he is going to have to get his own car insurance under his own name. He's a liability, and I'm not risking everything I own for him. It will cost him about 300 a mt. And that's his problem. My current problem is finding the 6 thousand I need for the thoughtless brat's tuition. :angry:

Phyl- congrats on the walk :biggrin:

Janet-sorry about your friend that's a #$@#

Minnie had another seizure and fell down our wood stairs again. Second time. DD caught her halfway down this time.

I made porkchops and lima Beans in a brown gravy with a rue today. Yum

I'm going to the treadmill

TTFN Oscar's tonight!