Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

UGH! Phyl I'm sick too. Seriously just want to curl up and not move for 2 days. I went to bed way too early tonight and now at almost 1AM I am wide awake.

Work is...well work. I've put in a couple of long days but I also went home early today. Finished my class and left. I feel terrible. You can whack my boobs off and slice me open, but give me a cold and I turn into a whiny little baby.

Well I should probably try to go back to bed. I have to teach lab in the morning, write an AP Chemistry test, write AP chemistry notes, have a parent/student conference and go to the doctor. All of that before 11AM! I almost said screw it, booked a flight to Vegas and left for the weekend. But...it wasn't warm enough in Vegas and I need to save my money. But I REALLY need to get out of here. I have 1 month until I leave for Philadelphia...hopefully they have a heat wave while I'm there. I SWEAR if there is a blizzard, I'm going to take my rental car and drive to Florida and SWIM to the hottest island in the Atlantic.

G'nite

Oh..day 3 and the clean eating is going VERY well. Exercise...not so much...Feels like my head is going to explode and that I am breathing sandpaper.

Oh..day 3 and the clean eating is going VERY well. Exercise...not so much...Feels like my head is going to explode and that I am breathing sandpaper.

Karri; GREAT JOB on the CLEAN eating... dosn't it feel good to be back in control of the MONSTER??? Way to go!! We can do this together girl.

United States 18 Canada 7

o.k. here's the OLYMPIC tally so far... YOu guys are ROCKIN' it, but we're still gonna do better

Oh its so fun to watch!!!! And I saw Joe BIden in the crowd.. too cool!!!

Phyl; I wish you'd see a doctor!!! :confused:

Denise: I got my fingers crossed for you to get a good Doctor report!!!

Good Morning Gang

Denise - it will be ok - I am always worrying that my band is erroding and then what would I do... Keep us posted - hugs & prayers for a good report.

Karri - Hugs on being sick - Joseph & family left this a.m. Melissa is sick- I hope go God I don't catch whatever she has.. WTG on good eating - My exercise has sucked for the last 2 weeks - I have gone and done my weight training but that's it - I haven't been on the treadmill for 2 weeks now - so tomorrow is going to kick my butt - But I am going in the morning !!!

Candice

I can't beleive we are doing so well in the Winter games - usually the summer games is our fortate (sp) I am a night behind - we just watch last night Wed's nites games - snow boarding WTG USA !!! Awesome - last night skating - will watch that tonite..

WTG on good eating - I think it's good that doc's don't tell you what's in your band - as it really doesn't matter - all that matters is that it works..

Phyl - Hope you have a good time at the fair today and you are feeling a little better... No funnel cake ;0) - awe ya you can have some - just a little bit :0).. Enjoy the time with the family - Hell to me it's the most important thing - I am going next weekend up north for Brooke's 6th bday - me and my 2 dogs or at least Angel - may leave bear w/andrew..

Karla - WTG on the credit card !!! One less worry...

Where's Steph & Kari !!!!!

Well back to work - cbl - tgif gang !!!

Just payed off my credit card, whoooooooooohoooooooooo!!!! I have a zero balance!!!

Karla!!! That is fantastic news!!!

Just think of all the money you are saving now, that you don't have to pay that HIGH interest rate the Cr. Card companies charge..

Are you gonna cut up that card??? I told my DD once to put the card in a plastic glass of Water, put it in the FREEZER and leave the damn thing there... then if there is a possible emergency it still takes you 24 hrs to thaw it out before you can use it... Gives you 24 hours to think and be really sure you want to spend that money that you DON:T have.

hot Water - micro wave - can defrost in no time - lol hell I would read #'s thru glass :0) !!!!

lol:wink::sad::w00t:

hot Water - micro wave - can defrost in no time - lol hell I would read #'s thru glass :0) !!!!

lol:wink::sad::cool:

aw Yes, my daughter thought of that too..... but microwaving damaged her metalic STRIP on the card... so the last laugh was on HER :w00t:

Is there Figure Skating tonight???? I wanna see Liz Manley agian...

Just run it under some hot water....so you break the glass...use the card to buy a new one!!

I REALLY would like my Dr. Appt to get here...I need some meds!!!!

Karri - hope you got some meds by now...

I don't want to work...

O.k. guys... by now most of you know that I've been reading (and doing) the Beck Diet Solution, on how to train your brain to THINK like a THIN person.

I've gotten to the part where i need to find a DIET COACH or as I prefer to think of it... a HEALTHY LIFESTYLE COACH.. I dont' especially like her use of the word diet, so I'm substituting...

So is anyone interested in being my COACH? This would entail being accountabe to someone... I am doing that with my food journal already, but also I need to ASK for help when I am stumbling and need help. I am NOT good at asking... it took me 2 days to write this...

quote from page 88.. "First, whoever I select as my coach will probably consider me worth the trouble. Second, serving as my support person(s) probably isn't as burdensome as I might beleive. Third, the process might well bring us closer together. Many people feel honoured to serve as support to someone else. Finally, I can at least give someone the choice of whether or not to help me."

I am really liking this book... it is helping.

Karri - hope you got some meds by now...

I don't want to work...

Aha! so this is not a FURLOUGH Friday then?

Will your house be empty when you get home so you can start your QUIET time??? Of course Andrew will be there, but he's not company

Hey how's the 3rd doggie coming along? Is he fitting in with the rest of the gang?:sad:

Ya I don't like the word diet in her book either

I'll be your coach - aren't I already :0)

Yes - Just me Andrew & dogs & cat - Joseph & family left this morning - but I think I am driving up there next week for Brooke's bday

Andrew has a Job did I tell you all - he's working at the dollar tree across the street from our development - - he's going to our local college and got his drivers license back :0) - Boy's doing pretty good :0)

Dogs are adjusting - I still don't like it - I don't want a puppy - it's a smart dog - but it's a puppy -

So I finally did get my meds. Cymbalta for 3 weeks and then we will most likely add Wellbutrin. She doesn't want me seeing a therapist right now because she said I am too fragile. She wants me to get the chemicals right in my brain first and then she will help me find one. I have to see her once per week for the next several weeks until she feels confident that I am out of the worst of it.

Then she diagnosed me with EVERYTHING under the sun that would affect Vitamin B 12 coverage so that I can get the shot twice per month.

Next was the bad news. She thinks I have a MRSA infection and severe irritation and swelling. So I am back to NO running at all. I can walk, lift weights, and do everything but elliptical and running. She things the bouncing is the problem. Then she is making me wear my sports bra for the next 4 weeks (Just like your doc did Candice). Her and my PS are best friends but she doesn't agree with her policy on not wearing the sports bra. I of course fell apart that my weight was going to sky rocket, but she said that she won't let that happen. If the fill doesn't work with the exercise that I can do, she is going to put me on weight loss meds until I can go back to exercising. She said it is not the best thing health wise, but my body can handle it...my mental state cannot. She is hoping that the Cymbalta will help and that it won't come to this.

Well I had best get going. Lee is bringing dinner to work and then going to play games. I feel ucky and don't want to spread my germs so I am just going to stay at work and get some stuff done. Probably will go home a little later and go to bed early. Though I do have a 3 page To Do List. My doc did comment that she is not going to tell me not to work right now...she thinks that I am already in a position where I am trying to make too many people happy and if she just gives me one more person to "make happy" that it might just push me over the edge. She told me to work as much as I needed to in order to feel alright mentally. As the meds take over I should need to work less and less.

Chat later

So I finally did get my meds. Cymbalta for 3 weeks and then we will most likely add Wellbutrin. She doesn't want me seeing a therapist right now because she said I am too fragile. She wants me to get the chemicals right in my brain first and then she will help me find one. I have to see her once per week for the next several weeks until she feels confident that I am out of the worst of it.

Then she diagnosed me with EVERYTHING under the sun that would affect Vitamin B 12 coverage so that I can get the shot twice per month.

Next was the bad news. She thinks I have a MRSA infection and severe irritation and swelling. So I am back to NO running at all. I can walk, lift weights, and do everything but elliptical and running. She things the bouncing is the problem. Then she is making me wear my sports bra for the next 4 weeks (Just like your doc did Candice). Her and my PS are best friends but she doesn't agree with her policy on not wearing the sports bra. I of course fell apart that my weight was going to sky rocket, but she said that she won't let that happen. If the fill doesn't work with the exercise that I can do, she is going to put me on weight loss meds until I can go back to exercising. She said it is not the best thing health wise, but my body can handle it...my mental state cannot. She is hoping that the Cymbalta will help and that it won't come to this.

Well I had best get going. Lee is bringing dinner to work and then going to play games. I feel ucky and don't want to spread my germs so I am just going to stay at work and get some stuff done. Probably will go home a little later and go to bed early. Though I do have a 3 page To Do List. My doc did comment that she is not going to tell me not to work right now...she thinks that I am already in a position where I am trying to make too many people happy and if she just gives me one more person to "make happy" that it might just push me over the edge. She told me to work as much as I needed to in order to feel alright mentally. As the meds take over I should need to work less and less.

Chat later

Ahw Karri, (((hugs))) girlfriend... man I can't beleive you got that MRSA!!! That truly SUCKS, no wonder your poor boobs were so sore. But I love that your Doctor sounds GREAT!! She gave you some very good advise...

Stick with us and you won't go too far in the menu's... we'll all just have to help each other o.k.???

I have never been on Cymbalta but I hear it is VERY good. I have taken Wellbutrin and its one of the antidepressants that does NOT seem to put weight on people (Thank God for small mercies eh???)

Candice, I was going to offer to be your coach, but I really need one myself. Janet is the best one for the job. I am going to get the Beck book this weekend. On the credit card...I always had a zero balance until this year. Once my childsupport was cut I had to put about $300 to $400 on it a month just to survive, that's what loosing a $1000 a month will do to you. Anyway, I don't have a problem with the card because I don't allow it. Long long time ago in a land far far away, after I got divorced and we had to split the assets, none, and the bills, his masters degree on a 18% interest credit card, so I got half of $15,000. Also had to have surgery, have I mentioned how many times I've had surgery for either female issues or pelvic organ prolapse, nine, yes that is NINE!!!! If there were any parts left they would be gold clad, because they cost close to $500,000. Anyway, back to the point...I had to file bankruptcy. That was humiliating enough to NEVER misuse a credit card. Besides, you don't need the card to shop on the internet, it is already preprogramed into my paypal account AND you can always just look on the bill. So freezing, not necessary.