Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Karla - Sounds like you have a busy fun day - Pple here get fireworks from Mexico and shoot them off along w/guns...

I hate the guns and my doggies will bark but aren't to afraid.

Candice - I need the secert - I am really really bummed this morning - I mean major major bummed - got on the scales 146.5 - and I have beed eating good since Monday - I know I want the xtra weight to come off over night like it has in the past but it's not. I was up 1/2 lbs this morning.. (and I know it's mostly Water as I was super puffy this morning - but that doesn't matter in my brain right now) I am giving it a week then I am calling the doc and getting a fill - it really only needs to be a tweek - but I need something - I hate myself today - I feel like a total failure - a fake - an imposter. I want to cry.. Is this the beginning of the end for me..

Phyl - Yep you got it right - Palm Springs use to be the hub of the Coachella Valley - but that's move more to Palm Desert now a days - The Coachella Valley starts at Palm Springs - Ends in Thermal - 40 miles I would guess - you are about 10 miles north of Palm Springs and I'm 20 miles East of Palm Spring

Well I am crying as I am typing this post - I need to get my butt in gear - so I will ck back late gang

Janet!!

I wish I could reach through this computer right now and give you a giant hug. I know how horrible those thoughts in your head can make you feel. Take a deep breath and when one of those thoughts comes up ask yourself, "Is that true?" "Do I know it for a fact?" If the answer is no, tell yourself something positive that you KNOW for a fact.

1. you take care of yourself everyday.

2. you are healthy

3. you can hold your head up in the mirror because you like what you see

4. you are beautiful

5. you have a PLAN

6. you are stronger now than you have every been

7. you are loved by an entire group of women

8. you are smarter now about your weight

9. you are special

10. you believe in yourself.

Hugs Janet. I love you!

Candice - I need the secert - I am really really bummed this morning - I mean major major bummed - got on the scales 146.5 - and I have beed eating good since Monday - I know I want the xtra weight to come off over night like it has in the past but it's not. I was up 1/2 lbs this morning.. (and I know it's mostly Water as I was super puffy this morning - but that doesn't matter in my brain right now) I am giving it a week then I am calling the doc and getting a fill - it really only needs to be a tweek - but I need something - I hate myself today - I feel like a total failure - a fake - an imposter. I want to cry.. Is this the beginning of the end for me..

Well I am crying as I am typing this post - I need to get my butt in gear - so I will ck back late gang

HEY!!

KNOCK IT OFF!!

Stop with those bad words..

fake, imposter, failure!!

Pull yourself together!

A minor setback... the holidays are killers!

But we're going to get it back off!

I was up a little over 1 lb today... so already lost 1 lb of my gain.

So.... I'm 201.6 this morning.... same thing I weighed on Oct. 29!!!

But... today is a new day and I'm going to get the rest of this weight OFF!!

You will get those lbs off!!

YOu work hard, you stay on task better than I do and better than most of us.

You're going to be FINE!!

Now stop that whining!! Ya hear???!!

It's OKAY!

You have that challenge to work on... forget the 5 lb under he wants...

but you can get back to your 138 in not time.

Today is a NEW DAY and

tomorrow is a NEW YEAR and a

NEW DECADE

and we are all SO MUCH healthier than we were 3 yrs ago!!

4_17_210.gif

8_6_55.gif

Edited by phyllser

Oh great Steph make me cry some more lol !!!!

Thank you so much - I know it will come off - I know what to do - I have the tools to do it - it's just so scary right now

I am going to the gym after work - I am eating healthy today - I will continue to eat healthy and hit the gym a couple extra days/weeks to get the weight off.

But it was so depressing this morning ... Nobody's fault but mine as I shoveled those extra sugar treats into my body - that spring that the Doc at my lapband convention 2 yrs ago has sprung - our fat cells shrink but they are still they and sugar/carbs stores right back in to those cells even faster after you have lost the weight..

Thanks for the love - it's needed and I will get thru this with all of your guys love and support..

Oh great Steph make me cry some more lol !!!!

Thank you so much - I know it will come off - I know what to do - I have the tools to do it - it's just so scary right now

I am going to the gym after work - I am eating healthy today - I will continue to eat healthy and hit the gym a couple extra days/weeks to get the weight off.

But it was so depressing this morning ... Nobody's fault but mine as I shoveled those extra sugar treats into my body - that spring that the Doc at my LAP-BAND® convention 2 yrs ago has sprung - our fat cells shrink but they are still they and sugar/carbs stores right back in to those cells even faster after you have lost the weight..

Thanks for the love - it's needed and I will get thru this with all of your guys love and support..

Ditto ..above posts from Phyl and Steph. YOU are our ROCK Janet...

Michelle and I were just talking about the post Christmas let-down feeling that you get....

That's what it is... the FAMILY is all gone, the YEAR is all gone, You've slipped a bit with the food and your WEIGHT..

Don't worry, WE will not let you slide back into 240lbs...

WE just won't let you...

Do I have to come to the DESERT and KICK YOUR BUTT???

:tt1: :tt1: :tt1: :tt1: :tt1: :tt1: :tt1: :tt1: :tt1: :tt1: :tt1: :tt1:

:lol: :biggrin: :w00t: :ohmy: :wink: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Oh Steph Candice Phyl - no more whining and crying - I promise!!! Thanks for the kick - but OMG I haven't been 146 since 7/08 that's how much I weighed when we met at MofA

You know it's that sugar - it's the freaking DEVIL oh one more bite won't hurt - it's ok - ya just 4 more reese pb cups - just 2 more cookie - just another slice of pie... It really is my drug of choice - I thought I was in control but I wasn't - I let that stupid little devil tell me he wasn't the devil - that it's ok to eat me your only going to gain 1 lb.. Well he was a FREAKING liar ...

So - as I have preached to Karri before - there is no recovery without a relapse - I had my relapse and now I am back into my recovery mode..

Well I am done w/the freaking devil - do you hear me - I am done - I will not do this again - I will not let my guard down like I did.

Got off work at 12:30 - came home changed and headed directly to the gym - 4 mile - 650 calories burned...

Sweating like a freaking pig - haven't sweated this much since I first hit the treadmill 2.5 yrs ago...

But I feel better - got those endorphins rushing threw my system - Feel like I am in control again..

I am going to do my wii in a while - I am going to incorporate that into my daliy exercise - that's why I freaking got it - but have been saying oh your normal work out is enough - well I have just been kidding myself and not practicing what I preach and that is as you lose the weight you got to amp up the exercise -

Well it's official

I am not waiting till tomorrow

I started TODAY !!!!

OMG WE HAVE 23 GUESTS - READING OUR THREAD RIGHT NOW !!

Ok Guest this is for you all

I guess you are all researching the band - making that new year resolution and looking into weight loss surgery..

Well #1 thing is to know - it's only a tool - as you are all reading right not about my meltdown - relapse - whatever you want to call it - the band doesn't make your food choices for you - it's NEVER going to stop you from eating candy, ice cream, gravy, adult beverage, cookie nor cake. It's never going to stop you from eating a bowl of mashed potatoes loaded with butter &/or gravy.. These things are what we call slider foods - they slide right on threw the band..

I have lost 112 lbs in just a little over a yrs time - banded 7/07 - I have kept my weight for the last yr between 138-143 my 5 lbs limit - I ate to many sweets this Christmas - where as for the last 2 yrs I had some but not like I did this year and I gain 4 lbs.

I lost the weight my keeping a food diary - exercising and eating low fat - limited sugar & carbs.

I got to my sweet spot 11/07 - my band does stop me from eating 16 oz steak and a loaf of bread.< /span>

I worked hard to get the weight off - I did 75% of the work and the band did the other 25% by providing restriction

It does nothing for your head hunger - It does nothing for our issues w/food -

It's all about making a lifetime lifestyle change in your eating - it's not dieting - cuz when you go off your diet you go back to eating normal and wham the weight comes right back on..

That's what I did from 12/24 to 12/28 - I ate sweets - my drug of choice - I went back to eating normal and WHAM 3 lbs came back on over night..

I will not gain the weight back - I am keeping a food & exercise diary until I get back to 138 - I will make good healthy food choices and add a couple of exercise days into my schedule - I am not going to say oh it's only 3 lbs - not biggie - cuz then it will be 3 more and then next year at this time I will be 250 lbs again..

So take it from an experienced bander - it's work but it's so worth the work - I love me for the work I have - I love my band for the tool that it has been - making the hard job of losing weight just a little easier.

My band hasn't failed me - I failed me by eating to much crap.

That's o.k. I crept up to 185!!! over the freeking holidays,

remember back into Sept 09, I had gotten down to 172 HOLY SHIT.... 13 lbs.... retarded!!!

But this a.m. I was 182 so its coming, I /WE just gotta keep at it... I liked what you said... there is no recovery without relapse

So TRUE! so it is the beginning of a NEW decade.. holy, I hadn't thought about it that way before...

Can you imagine 10 years from now, we will all have had our TUMMY TUCKS by then, our ARM LIFTS, our LEG LIFTS...

maybe even a facelift????

Just think how awesome WE WILL ALL BE... we are getting there together...

Our friendship will be that much stronger.... who knows maybe I'll move to the U.S. by then( only in the winter of course)... you just never know what the future holds...

Hey, if we're gonna dream, lets dream B I G

all I know is that I love all you gals, more than you know.... I look forward to getting onto the site every day and seeing what everyone is up to...

You truly are closer to me than friends...:lol:

HAppy NEW YEAR!!!

Candice

That would be so cool - I would love it if you guys "Wintered in the Desert like Phyl & Earl"..

Yep we are starting a new decaded and we are better off than where we were 2.5 yrs ago tonite. Hell the best part is that we have found each other and have become life long freinds.

HAPPY NEW YEARS TO MY SISTERS !!!

Love to you all !!!

8_6_55.gif

I'm staying home so will be online most of the nite :0)

Oh Steph Candice Phyl - no more whining and crying - I promise!!! Thanks for the kick - but OMG I haven't been 146 since 7/08 that's how much I weighed when we met at MofA

You know it's that sugar - it's the freaking DEVIL oh one more bite won't hurt - it's ok - ya just 4 more reese pb cups - just 2 more cookie - just another slice of pie... It really is my drug of choice - I thought I was in control but I wasn't - I let that stupid little devil tell me he wasn't the devil - that it's ok to eat me your only going to gain 1 lb.. Well he was a FREAKING liar ...

So - as I have preached to Karri before - there is no recovery without a relapse - I had my relapse and now I am back into my recovery mode..

Well I am done w/the freaking devil - do you hear me - I am done - I will not do this again - I will not let my guard down like I did.

Got off work at 12:30 - came home changed and headed directly to the gym - 4 mile - 650 calories burned...

Sweating like a freaking pig - haven't sweated this much since I first hit the treadmill 2.5 yrs ago...

But I feel better - got those endorphins rushing threw my system - Feel like I am in control again..

I am going to do my wii in a while - I am going to incorporate that into my daliy exercise - that's why I freaking got it - but have been saying oh your normal work out is enough - well I have just been kidding myself and not practicing what I preach and that is as you lose the weight you got to amp up the exercise -

Well it's official

I am not waiting till tomorrow

I started TODAY !!!!

OMG WE HAVE 23 GUESTS - READING OUR THREAD RIGHT NOW !!

Ok Guest this is for you all

I guess you are all researching the band - making that new year resolution and looking into weight loss surgery..

Well #1 thing is to know - it's only a tool - as you are all reading right not about my meltdown - relapse - whatever you want to call it - the band doesn't make your food choices for you - it's NEVER going to stop you from eating candy, ice cream, gravy, adult beverage, cookie nor cake. It's never going to stop you from eating a bowl of mashed potatoes loaded with butter &/or gravy.. These things are what we call slider foods - they slide right on threw the band..

I have lost 112 lbs in just a little over a yrs time - banded 7/07 - I have kept my weight for the last yr between 138-143 my 5 lbs limit - I ate to many sweets this Christmas - where as for the last 2 yrs I had some but not like I did this year and I gain 4 lbs.

I lost the weight my keeping a food diary - exercising and eating low fat - limited sugar & carbs.

I got to my sweet spot 11/07 - my band does stop me from eating 16 oz steak and a loaf of bread.< /span>

I worked hard to get the weight off - I did 75% of the work and the band did the other 25% by providing restriction

It does nothing for your head hunger - It does nothing for our issues w/food -

It's all about making a lifetime lifestyle change in your eating - it's not dieting - cuz when you go off your diet you go back to eating normal and wham the weight comes right back on..

That's what I did from 12/24 to 12/28 - I ate sweets - my drug of choice - I went back to eating normal and WHAM 3 lbs came back on over night..

I will not gain the weight back - I am keeping a food & exercise diary until I get back to 138 - I will make good healthy food choices and add a couple of exercise days into my schedule - I am not going to say oh it's only 3 lbs - not biggie - cuz then it will be 3 more and then next year at this time I will be 250 lbs again..

So take it from an experienced bander - it's work but it's so worth the work - I love me for the work I have - I love my band for the tool that it has been - making the hard job of losing weight just a little easier.

My band hasn't failed me - I failed me by eating to much crap.

Preach it, Sister!! Right on!

Glad you got over the "blue funk"!

You scared us there for a minute!

We all are entitled to a relapse now and then!

I find I am much more vulnerable to sweets than I was last year, even last month!! Too much stuff around this year.

DIL had Cookies everywhere... funny, they didn't really tempt me too much because THEY did taste too sweet. The only ones I liked were the little what my Mom used to call "Mexican Wedding Cakes"... little round ones. She used to roll them in powdered sugar, but these weren't. And they weren't very sweet and had walnuts in them. I did have a few of those, but they disappeared quickly. What kept talking to me was the fudge! I didn't eat a ton of it though. She had them cut in little bite size pieces. But I probably had 2-3 a day while we were there! The bad stuff was mashed potatoes, stuffing, spaghetti one night. Oh... and the oreo cookie pie!! So, I guess my chocolate addiction hasn't gone away. I don't crave it if it's not around, but if it is... it's hard!

Tonight... NYE party!

Finger foods & probably not many sweets.

I will just have to discipline myself!

We're taking a crock pot of meatballs.

Another party next door tomorrow night!

HELP!!

I will have to be STRONG!!

8_6_54.gif 8_6_51.gif 8_6_52.gif

8_6_55.gif

Ya I wonder why this year was so different than last - but it was - maybe with the whole comfort issue - oh this little bit won't hurt. But ya it does hurt..

I know that when I was at that LapBand conference the doc there said that our fat cells have shrunk but they are still there waiting to get filled up again..

Yes you can be strong - just watch out for the wine :0)

I just went to turn on my Wii - but it has no power - I googled it and said to leave unplugged for a few and see if it will reboot if not I gotta go look for my warranty papers - I think I did buy the extended warranty..

We still have tons of lurker :0) ...

I hope they are enjoying our conversations...

Lurker - register and ask your questions...

Ya I wonder why this year was so different than last - but it was - maybe with the whole comfort issue - oh this little bit won't hurt. But ya it does hurt..

I know that when I was at that LAP-BAND® conference the doc there said that our fat cells have shrunk but they are still there waiting to get filled up again..

Yes you can be strong - just watch out for the wine :0)

I just went to turn on my Wii - but it has no power - I googled it and said to leave unplugged for a few and see if it will reboot if not I gotta go look for my warranty papers - I think I did buy the extended warranty..

We still have tons of lurker :0) ...

I hope they are enjoying our conversations...

Lurker - register and ask your questions...

Wow!! Didn't realize we have lurkers and visitors!!

I better be careful....

this is the only place I share my really personal stuff!!

For me... I think I've gotten a little cocky at my success so far and over-confident maybe, and a little complacent. I need to get back on track big time. I looked at my little TOPS log book today and saw that I have gone up & down for the past two months and have made no progress since the end of Oct. This has to change! I have to make time for riding the recumbent bike and not just do Water aerobics. I was doing it a couple of times a week when we first got back down here and then I got busy with all this other stuff and I quit. It felt really good when I went with DGD over the Christmas weekend. And I rode for 30 minutes instead of my usual 15-20. I had a chance this morning between TOPS and water aerobics, but already had my swimsuit on and didn't wnat to ride in that. So I came back to the RV, read some more of the paper and got on LBT! Then I got in trouble with EArl because I was 2 minutes late to the pool!

Yeah, have to watch the wine tonight!! AND tomorrow night!

Wow!! Didn't realize we have lurkers and visitors!!

I better be careful....

this is the only place I share my really personal stuff!!

For me... I think I've gotten a little cocky at my success so far and over-confident maybe, and a little complacent. I need to get back on track big time. I looked at my little TOPS log book today and saw that I have gone up & down for the past two months and have made no progress since the end of Oct. This has to change! I have to make time for riding the recumbent bike and not just do Water aerobics. I was doing it a couple of times a week when we first got back down here and then I got busy with all this other stuff and I quit. It felt really good when I went with DGD over the Christmas weekend. And I rode for 30 minutes instead of my usual 15-20. I had a chance this morning between TOPS and water aerobics, but already had my swimsuit on and didn't wnat to ride in that. So I came back to the RV, read some more of the paper and got on LBT! Then I got in trouble with EArl because I was 2 minutes late to the pool!

Yeah, have to watch the wine tonight!! AND tomorrow night!

Ya right now it shows we have 15 guest looking at our thread we normally don't have that many - usually 1 or 2 - I think maybe alot of pple are researching WLS for the new years??

I have never seen that many !!!!

Ya no telling that you are a strip tease dancer on the side :0)

I've done well with exercise lately - but ya I think it's compliance that's done it - we have treats every now and then and no real damage - but now they have do it..

That's where the problem lies I think - I know that when I have gained a couple of lbs after a weekend trip - the usually come off right a way - but the 3 lbs (it's 3 not 4) has been their since Tuesday - I know not alot of time but - still freaking me out - got me really depressed this morning..

So we are ALL back on the band wagon ;0)

Me to on sharing - I share more here than on my other thread I would say... I am pretty open but you guys are my #1 and I know you all in real life too..

If you drink too much tonite - you won't want to tomorrow :0)

Mix your wine w/some crystal lite - so that you are drinking w/the rest of the crowd but not consuming as much - crystal lite wine spritzer :0)

Wow, I'm busy for one day and you all go to town! Had our quilting Christmas party, the one I made the 7 hour ganache cake. Yep, I had a slice, 1/2 of what I would have had before band. Ate 1/2 of bowl of Soup & 1 slice of bread and a bunch of veggies. The cake was good, I made a decent ganache, but overall...way too sweet for me.

I'm home alone tonight, so it is me and the puppies.

Janet, I'm glad you got over the funk, sorry that I missed your post and wasn't there for you. I can't believe tomorrow is a new year and I'm not fat. Actually one of the quilting ladies didn't even recognize me, she wanted to know who was showing up uninvited. hehe.

I am going to take Janet's lead and get back to logging my food. I know i have been careless. I did box up all the chocolates that I got for Christmas and stored them in the garage. If I can't ignore them, they will go in the garbage. My biggest issue is exercise. I hate the gym. I'd LOVE to get a WII fit, but not in the budget until I sell the house.

I have new neighbors, a young couple, they were sweet and came over to let me know they are having a party and that there would be a lot of cars. I offered my driveway for parking. I remember those days of youth, having a home party with friends. Now it is me, the puppies, and LBT, oohhh do I have a life or what! Actually, I need to spend a little time reflecting on where I am at and where I want to be, so staying home is good. I want to stop wishing my life away, put teaching in perspective and start living what I have left of my life. Most of my quilting friends are in their mid 60's to early 70's. My family doesn't typically live that long, I figure I have 20 years left of reasonably good health, what do I want to accomplish? Well, I would like a 'tumble' before I die, if I have to, I'll hire someone. I want to make some beautiful original quilts. I would like to travel. It is scary as hell to think that my life is almost over. crap. Okay, now I think I am depressed.

Hi - Happy New Year to you all! It's all good ladies! All of you are GREAT! A great inspiration to all bandsters out there. You are real, honest. supportive and inspirational. Keep up the good work...and hang in there. It's all peaks and valleys..that's what keeps it interesting and definitely challenging. Thank you for your honest experiences and successes. I think you are ALL A SUCCESS! HAPPY NEW YEAR! What's your new year journey going to be? :-)