Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Wow you all went to town today, it took me 45 min just to catch up, that's what I like to see.

1st Janet, 'fat quarters' are like quilter's candy. It is a yard of fabric cut in 4 pieces that are 22" x18" instead of a regular 1/4 yard that is 9" x 44". It is fatter so you can get squares out of them. They also allow you to get a little bit of EVERYTHING. The way to a quilters heart, buy them a set of fat quarters that are of a collection of fabric. OR a 'nickle pack' which is a set of 5" squares of a collection of fabric, usually between 36 and 45 in a set.

Well tomorrow is weigh day, it won't be good, I feel REALLY fat, I mean REALLY REALLY fat. I am terrified to step on the scale. I forgot to take my shot this week AND I'm out of depression meds, AND this is the last weekend before Christmas AND I haven't gotten the results of my evaluation at school AND I know I have gained 10 pounds AND DD#5 is home AND AND AND AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Okay breathe.....

What if it is 10 pounds?????? What if it never comes off??? what if I get fat again???? Janet, will you come and hold my hand while I step on the scale??? CRAP

Phyl was the cinnamon roll good? I miss cinnamon rolls.

Oh, my lb doc sent me an article on Fiber. It was talking about how metamucille (sp) or fiber tabs will help with weight loss and digestive health. I think I am going to add them.

Okay, need to go cook dinner, then watch the new Harry Potter. Check in later TTFN

Karla you know what it's on those days that I feel really fat that the scales are good to me - it's those days that I feel really thin and step on it and it shows a 2 lbs gain...

Yes I'm right there in the morning w/you - take a laxitive tonite :0) - Yes if I haven't gone potty before a weigh in day - I might do it - those days are gone and I gotta say I haven't had any problem in that department lately

If it's up it's up - and you know the reason why - but like you said the other day - now a days it's 3 carmels not the whole bags - It really is that now when we overdo the sweets we feel like we have been super bad and in all reality we haven't been that bad

If it's up - then you make that deal with yourself - no more treat til Xmas Dinner - I am fight that right now myself - so far I am winning but I really feel like I am going to say "F" it and eat something unhealthy and sliding - but since I am saying it here -

I most likely wont' - cuz I gotta show you guys how strong I am - I really do have to wait til I make xmas cookies.. but I will make some xmas eve for santa...

I am not waiting till xmas night cuz everyone will most likely be too tired - then the day after they will go visit melissa's mom - and when they get back - Kaitlin will want to leave and go to her gf house..

I will be glad when Xmas is over - I think this is my hardest year yet...

Oh my word, I am frozen tonight!!

Came home from work, DH poured me a glass of wine... then we decided to go out for dinner .... chinese... I got severly stuck, had to go PB in the john 2x.... then I was able to get down some Maple Walnut Icecream.... bad choice I know.

But this past week I've done nothing but quell my feeling with Cookies, chocolates and JUNK at work... Now I have had at least 1 Protien shake a day... thank Goodness, or I'm sure I'd have lost all my hair by now..

SO, final day at work. No tears - hooray, all except one hugged me good bye, my Stupid boss had tears in her eyes again... ya right!!!! I'd still be there if she'd fired the stupid Biatch on the Front desk!! She is so stupid....

The computer guy comes in to my office yest. to install a NEW laptop.... only he can't get it to work! Ha,ha,ha... not my problem... so glad I could walk away from that one.

Pretty much got all the Xmas shopping done, tree is up decorations are about the house...

Phyl, I was laughing at Earl's antics... first the Cinnabon, then the concrete purchase! What is up with guys, do they not think WE females can have a productive thought???

Stephanie; glad to see you posting again... YEAH Karla, you got her back here where she belongs. Karla did you enjoy your 'day' at home?>??? get lots of projects done??

Janet: Did I miss anything, what happened with your MRI for your knee???? any results???? Has it settled down.

A nice patient of mine brought me a gift yest. as she knew I was 'retireing'.... a bag full of Fat Quarters... all in Xmas colours.. so nice of her! That's the part of my job I'll miss... the patients... too bad for all the other BullShxxt...

My boss hugged me goodbye but didn't ask for the key to the clinic..??? I forgot too?? Oh well, they;ll change my password on the security system...

So tomorrow, I can start on my sewing... got lots of projects to do... some that have to be done before Christmas too....

Friends coming for dinner tomorrow night, John Weston and his wife Jackie.. remember the Jazz guitarist ya'll met at my house in July??? SO that will be fun, havn't seen Jackie in months!!!

Congrats, Kiddo!! Enjoy!! Yep, I sure remember John!! So much enjoyed the music, and he is a pretty interesting guy! AND, he doesn't like Obama!!! LOL!! Earl's antics are never-ending!! Told the neighbor, Jim, it was all his fault because he started this cement thing!!

730 calories in a cinnabom roll - omg - i won't even be eating half of one of those

Karla - where are you !!!

Phyl I hope you recorded Worlds New tonite- they gave Charles a great send off - I am crying like a baby - I love Charlie Gibson - I loved him since GMA !!!

I watched World News TWICE!! I LOVE Charlie Gibson!! Especially when he says, "I HOPE you had a GOOD day!!" I told Earl he was going to cry at the end, and so when Charlie got all choked up, so did Earl!! I will really miss him! And I will hate not hearing him say, "I HOPE you had a GOOD day!!" Who will say that to me now?????

Oh, Gosh... I think I had too much wine again!! Earl forgot to tell me the neighbors invited us for a party. So after the Christmas potluck, we went to the neighbors' for a patio party!! I walked home from the clubhouse, BTW, to walk off some of what I ate!! So they were surprised to see me arrive on foot and Earl on the scooter!!! :smile2::biggrin:

Our cinnamon roll was only about half the size of a cinnabon, so hopefully half the calories, too. Didn't even really enjoy it!! Now the Lady Godiva truffle, that's another story!! LOL! Crap! I can't get started on sweets again! This has got to stop!

Wow you all went to town today, it took me 45 min just to catch up, that's what I like to see.

1st Janet, 'fat quarters' are like quilter's candy. It is a yard of fabric cut in 4 pieces that are 22" x18" instead of a regular 1/4 yard that is 9" x 44". It is fatter so you can get squares out of them. They also allow you to get a little bit of EVERYTHING. The way to a quilters heart, buy them a set of fat quarters that are of a collection of fabric. OR a 'nickle pack' which is a set of 5" squares of a collection of fabric, usually between 36 and 45 in a set.

Well tomorrow is weigh day, it won't be good, I feel REALLY fat, I mean REALLY REALLY fat. I am terrified to step on the scale. I forgot to take my shot this week AND I'm out of depression meds, AND this is the last weekend before Christmas AND I haven't gotten the results of my evaluation at school AND I know I have gained 10 pounds AND DD#5 is home AND AND AND AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Okay breathe.....

What if it is 10 pounds?????? What if it never comes off??? what if I get fat again???? Janet, will you come and hold my hand while I step on the scale??? CRAP

Phyl was the cinnamon roll good? I miss cinnamon rolls.

Oh, my lb doc sent me an article on fiber. It was talking about how metamucille (sp) or fiber tabs will help with weight loss and digestive health. I think I am going to add them.

Okay, need to go cook dinner, then watch the new Harry Potter. Check in later TTFN

The cinnamon roll was NOT worth it, but as I said, the truffle is another story!! And tonight was a bust! Too much food... I had some ham, some scalloped potatoes, green bean casserole, corn casserole, and a small piece of... oh, I HATE to say it, carrot cake. After my resolve to stay away from the dessert table.... carrot cake!! Crap! It wasn't worth it either. We decided that we will SKIP the chapel potluck on Sunday. Potlucks are the devil's work! I will have to walk, walk, walk this weekend! I cannot give in to any more temptations! I am WEAK!!

Oh, but I gotta tell you a couple of things... if I can remember them. These are NSVs, since I've been bad this week and had a weight gain.. have to focus on positive things and resolve to do better so I can look forward to more of these! First, I discovered that I can put my socks on by putting my foot up on my opposite knee. HAH!! So what, you say!?? Do you know how long it's been since I could do that??? A LONG time! So that's been several weeks now. So, I'm sitting at book club the other day and I had this sudden urge to cross my legs! I had this voice in one ear saying, "You can't do that!!" and in the other ear.... "Oh, yes, you can!! Remember the socks????" The rest is history... I sat there for the rest of the meeting with my legs crossed! HAH!! Another victory!

Janet, hope you can come and hang out with us Sunday. Program starts at 6pm, but I have to be there at 5 pm... but you can come over whenever. We will just be chillin' all afternoon. Not sure what we'll do about dinner. Before 5pm is too early... might have to eat "dinner" after church and keep it light in the afternoon. We'll figure it out.

Edited by phyllser

Good Morning

I ate to my hearts content last night..

Lean Cuisine Alfreado (290 cal) the about 1/2 cup white rice in the left over sauce (150 c)- chips & jalepeno cheese (approx 600 cal) - white choc chips and walnuts (who knows and I am not looking it up but I would guess 900 cal if not more) corn on the cob 100- bf fish 150 - lunch salada 200 - so give or take 100 calories - I had approx 2290 - which isn't a bad number even if it was 3000 in all reality - for just one days food - cuz today I will eat healthy and I will be going to the gym and burning off at least 500 ..

But Phyl I hear you on the staying away from sweets - could be my total down fall... I ate foods that don't bother my band I ate around it..

So today is a new day - and I do feel better with a little guilt cuz did I really need all those white choc chips nope - but they did taste good - but this morning feeling the effects of my food hang over :0)

Karla - I guess you watched your movie and vegged last nite too..

I did watch my movie and hung out with DD#5, I haven't seen her in almost 2 months even though she only is at the dorms is school, maybe 20 miles. But she is an independent cuss and I am WAY not cool enough for her. She isn't even spending the holiday break here. She leaves tomorrow to go to Roundup to hang out with her sister at her sisters dad's house, EX#1. I know I shouldn't be jealous, but there is a small part that is. It isn't her dad, but she loves him like one even though we were married before her. I'm telling myself that she doesn't need to spend time with me because she KNOWS I love her and she doesn't have to prove anything, but it still hurts. She is moving back into the dorms on the 27th so she can take an inner-session class. So I will get to see her for a whopping 3 days. I asked her to go shopping with me today, her answer..."Nope". Also it looks like DD#1 may be home for Christmas, I guess airflights prices are dropping like flies. Problem, she won't fly here. She will fly into Billings and stay with her dad and step-mom. Which means DD#2 & #3 , & #5 will go to Roundup the day after Christmas and I won't see any of them but for one day. I shouldn't whine, but all I ever ask my girls for is just a long weekend 3 lousy days of having all of them home together with me. Oh they will say, come up and stay with us, yeah right. I know I am being petty. It isn't even that it is Christmas, I just want to have my girls all to myself for 3 lousy days. So instead, I will either stay home by myself or go see my dad, which I don't want to do, because I can't take it when I know it is his last Christmas, OH CRAP, I hadn't even thought of that. Is there a hole big enough to crawl into. Janet, maybe I need to check on flights to your place? Nah don't have the money.

Sorry about that, my computer froze, I must have something wrong with it every time I turn around it freezes.

anyway, Janet you were right about the weight thing...lost 3 pounds, where the heck did that come from. Note the new ticker. If I go with Dr. Ortiz, I only have 5 more pounds to loose. what the heck!

weight.png

I did watch my movie and hung out with DD#5, I haven't seen her in almost 2 months even though she only is at the dorms is school, maybe 20 miles. But she is an independent cuss and I am WAY not cool enough for her. She isn't even spending the holiday break here. She leaves tomorrow to go to Roundup to hang out with her sister at her sisters dad's house, EX#1. I know I shouldn't be jealous, but there is a small part that is. It isn't her dad, but she loves him like one even though we were married before her. I'm telling myself that she doesn't need to spend time with me because she KNOWS I love her and she doesn't have to prove anything, but it still hurts. She is moving back into the dorms on the 27th so she can take an inner-session class. So I will get to see her for a whopping 3 days. I asked her to go shopping with me today, her answer..."Nope". Also it looks like DD#1 may be home for Christmas, I guess airflights prices are dropping like flies. Problem, she won't fly here. She will fly into Billings and stay with her dad and step-mom. Which means DD#2 & #3 , & #5 will go to Roundup the day after Christmas and I won't see any of them but for one day. I shouldn't whine, but all I ever ask my girls for is just a long weekend 3 lousy days of having all of them home together with me. Oh they will say, come up and stay with us, yeah right. I know I am being petty. It isn't even that it is Christmas, I just want to have my girls all to myself for 3 lousy days. So instead, I will either stay home by myself or go see my dad, which I don't want to do, because I can't take it when I know it is his last Christmas, OH CRAP, I hadn't even thought of that. Is there a hole big enough to crawl into. Janet, maybe I need to check on flights to your place? Nah don't have the money.

Karla there is always plastic - what's another zero as my bro use to say :0)..

Go see your Dad - if you don't you will feel worse..

As to DD issues - enjoy them while they are there even if it's one day...

Back from the gym - 3.5 mile burned 502 calories now the shower and my stuff with Andrew..

CBL

Anyway, I best get it together and go shopping. Janet, I know you love shopping, I use to, but not anymore. So I'll check in when I get back. You all have a fun day! TTFN

Sorry about that, my computer froze, I must have something wrong with it every time I turn around it freezes.

anyway, Janet you were right about the weight thing...lost 3 pounds, where the heck did that come from. Note the new ticker. If I go with Dr. Ortiz, I only have 5 more pounds to loose. what the heck!

weight.png

WTG !!!! Told you gf I know what I am talking about - those extra calories sometime help w/the weight loss...

I am not getting on my scale til Thursday - that's my weigh in day... I will exercise Monday Tues Wed & Thrusday this coming week - Saturday after Xmas too !!

Karla; I am sorry that your daughters are not all going to be home with you together.. that truly sucks...

I only have 1 DD but i always feel dejected when she dosn't stay at home with us as long as "I"D" like... I get 2-3 days at most, then they go back to the city to spend it with DSIL's family and there CITY friends... hard to compete with that!!! LOL

What exactly are the dates you are off school. If it was summer weather you could drive here for the holidays... :-(

Janet; Enjoy the shopping - Ha, I know you will....:smile2:

Phyl; How's the cement job today? Do you still LOVE it???

Enjoy the days guys... Love you all:biggrin:

Ok you all know how lbt addicted I am and how much I love you all - so listen to this

I was changing in to my comfy clothes right now-and I was thinking about our thread and post this morning and it hit me

PHYL I DIDN'T TELL YOU CONGRATS ON BEING ABLE TO CROSS YOUR LEGS !!!!

23_30_104.gif 4_17_211.gif

THAT'S A HUGH NSV -4_1_204.gif CONGRATULATIONS 4_17_3.gif- SORRY I FORGOT EARLIER

HOW RUDE OF ME !!!

Ok here is what I have done today - gym as you all ready know -

showered then took Andrew to his appointment - he has been bitching at them that they aren't going high enough with the laser to remove his tattoo (it barely gets red) so this time the turned up the power - I have never seen it this red

he also has this skin thingie (so does DS) it's a fungus and it gives them these little spots of lighter color skin (where as on us it wouldn't even show) well it's on his back - but last night he found some on his arm and about freaked out - so he asked the doc at the tattoo removal place (its a derm place) and they gave him some medicine for it - pretty cool - cuz his step dad paid up front for this tattoo removal thing and I told him he could try and ask them about - but they might shine him on cuz it's not part of the treatment and he has and HMO and needs prior authorization to see a derm doc..

I gotta say both my kids (Andrew & Joseph) know how to get things done...

So after that he didn't want to go Xmas shopping (he stayed out too late last night I think and which I am glad of cuz I didn't want to go to the mall) so brought him home - got his script fill then went to costco - Got prime rib for xmas dinner (oh my was it expensive) asparagus - green Beans - and some lox - they had samples and it was so good - so I got me some - then came home and put that food up and got back in the car and went to Stater Bros for the rest of Xmas foods (got even poorer) and truely will have to go back for rolls and such closer to Xmas since it's still a week away - hope the asparagus last that long..

Lucky Andrew helpped bring the groceries in - got them put us and here I am..

I am so diff than you guys - my kids will be here for 5 days and that's 2 days too many for me.. I enjoy a few days with them - but it disrupts my whole life - Trying to figure out what to cook for them - cuz they eat so much diff than me - they gotta have sauage/bacon eggs toast for Breakfast every day - lunch - dinner - noise - I like my quietness - I know this sounds awful - cuz I love them with all my heart and if anything happen to them I would die... But 3 days is a long enough visit for me..

So Candice the only kid of shopping I did was food - and after having samples at Costco - I wasn't hungry so it was hard to even think of what to buy for our normal weekly food - got Andrew all his junk - we are having steak tonite - but I will have to go to Winco tomorrow to get my fish and most likely will hit Target too.

I might go to Khols early tomorrow I need an Xmas top - but who knows - I may even go to the gym - My knee hasn't bothered me at all today - so hopefully it's just that I do something wrong on the treadmill to hyper-extend my knee and that's it...

1st you are right Janet, I didn't tell Phyl congrats on the crossing the legs and putting on the socks, How rude am I. I was too busy bitching. Well, I guess pay backs are a bitch, now I have to eat crow, heck I have to eat RAVEN.....guess what....ALL 5 OF MY GIRLS ARE COMING HOME FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DD#1 called while I was in town shopping, let's not even talk about the people and she got a cheap flight into....MISSOULA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So she will be here Christmas day and then they are all staying for a few days, not as long as I like, but I HAVE ALL 5 OF MY GIRLS AT HOME AT ONE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DD#1 never flies into Missoula, she always flies into Billings which is by her dad's so she spends most of the time there. But this time she is flying into Missoula and then flying out of Billings, I guess it was the cheapest flight. God was listening to my tears. What the most fabulous Christmas ever!!!!! I mailed her packages so she probably won't have Christmas until she get home unless they arrive before she leaves. AND four of the girls grumbled at DD#5 so much that she is going to stay home for a few extra days, Originally she was going to move back into the dorms on the 27th.

Phyl congrats again, I am pond scum for not saying something earlier.

I tried to talk mom & dad into coming over, but when I called I found out that dad had been in the hospital, and mother didn't think it was important enough to let me know. I guess they had to drain his lung and give him 2 pints of blood. But all his favorite nurses where there so he was pampered. He had chemo this week and was too weak to talk, but I guess I'll be going over there during break.

Candice...I never thought about driving up there??? So girl friend, I'm coming this summer, I don't know exactly where you live, but I'm coming!!! so get those quilting scissors sharp and it is going to be me and you and a butt load of quilting!! I'll bring my baby (featherweight) and we can play dueling sewing machines and see how much we can crank out. AND how did they sty thing go you never said?

stupid website - I just lost my freaking post...

Karla See there is a Santa Claus !!!

1st you are right Janet, I didn't tell Phyl congrats on the crossing the legs and putting on the socks, How rude am I. I was too busy bitching. Well, I guess pay backs are a bitch, now I have to eat crow, heck I have to eat RAVEN.....guess what....ALL 5 OF MY GIRLS ARE COMING HOME FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DD#1 called while I was in town shopping, let's not even talk about the people and she got a cheap flight into....MISSOULA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So she will be here Christmas day and then they are all staying for a few days, not as long as I like, but I HAVE ALL 5 OF MY GIRLS AT HOME AT ONE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DD#1 never flies into Missoula, she always flies into Billings which is by her dad's so she spends most of the time there. But this time she is flying into Missoula and then flying out of Billings, I guess it was the cheapest flight. God was listening to my tears. What the most fabulous Christmas ever!!!!! I mailed her packages so she probably won't have Christmas until she get home unless they arrive before she leaves. AND four of the girls grumbled at DD#5 so much that she is going to stay home for a few extra days, Originally she was going to move back into the dorms on the 27th.

Phyl congrats again, I am pond scum for not saying something earlier.

I tried to talk mom & dad into coming over, but when I called I found out that dad had been in the hospital, and mother didn't think it was important enough to let me know. I guess they had to drain his lung and give him 2 pints of blood. But all his favorite nurses where there so he was pampered. He had chemo this week and was too weak to talk, but I guess I'll be going over there during break.

Candice...I never thought about driving up there??? So girl friend, I'm coming this summer, I don't know exactly where you live, but I'm coming!!! so get those quilting scissors sharp and it is going to be me and you and a butt load of quilting!! I'll bring my baby (featherweight) and we can play dueling sewing machines and see how much we can crank out. AND how did they sty thing go you never said?

POND SCUM??? C'mon! I forgot all about it!! But thanks!

So glad your girls are all going to be home for Christmas! That's great! We are so happy to be going up to our sons! Christmas with family will be a real treat! We've spent it alone too many years!

And my sister and her whole family will be up there, too. So we're working on getting together with them and with Earl's brother & SIL.

My sister is extremely manipulative and is already trying to control what time we go to church on Christmas eve. I said early, so she said 6:30 or 8pm! I said 8 is TOO LATE! DIL says early, too, because traffic will be a nightmare. Earlier is better.

DS #2 still calling several times a week begging for money. I just keep telling him, "hang in there! You'll figure it out". No more enabling. He just spent 9 days in jail for trying to shoplift groceries from Walmart and tried to imply it was our fault... "you sent me money to help with the motel bill but we didn't have any money for food!" Okay.. so go to a food bank.. not to Walmart and steal food!! Give me a break. Is he 7 or 37????

DD #2 had a horrible day! Planned this 2 week Christmas trip to Quebec to SIL's sisters house for the last 6 months... His mom & step dad are already there, older sister coming in a day or two.

So they get to the airport bright and early this morning to check in for their flight and get turned away because they didn't have passports for the three little ones!! She'd researched online and was convinced all they needed was enhanced IDs. So she made appts last summer and took them all in to DMV and got them enhanced IDs. She didn't see the small print that said you could get kids in to Canada with those by car or boat but need passports to FLY in!

I called to see how their morning was going and she starts SOBBING and I could barely understand what was wrong! She just kept telling me how stupid she was and how she ruined her kids' Christmas!! I told her.. call Air Canada, ask to speak to a supervisor.. See they were willing and able to DRIVE up to Vancouver BC and fly from there to Quebec. That way they could get the kids across the border with the enhanced IDs. But SIL kept saying.. it's federal law, there's nothing we can do, etc.! They both get so hyper in a crisis that they can't think straight. Air Canada wanted another $1000 PER person--- $125 to change each ticket, and the rest was increased price for 24 hr fare plus flying out of Vancouver instead of Seattle!

One hour later it was all resolved, however!! BIL of our SIL had enough air miles to fly them all out on Air Canada from Vancouver to Montreal in the morning and Air Canada agreed to give them vouchers to use at another time anywhere they fly. So they are now no doubt in Vancouver staying at a Holiday Inn Express! Hope they didn't have to wait too long to get across the border... I was thinking possible 3 hr wait!

This is how the devil works:

I decide I'm going to cut back on my wine.

So guess what I get in the mail today???

Bottle of homemade Blackberry Wine from my cousin in Texas!!

36_1_15.gif

I am quitting Papaya though!

I've been popping them like M & Ms and decided it has to stop.

It helps when I feel stuck, but I take a couple... then I keep reaching for the bottle because they're sweet and they taste good. But they can be kind of corrosive.... I think they use them in meat tenderizer!! And after a few, I can feel them burning a little. So... it's got to stop. Earl is right! I can't have them around so I'm not buying anymore. Will have to get some Tums maybe.

Ok Phyl I know who to call in a crisis - you - I would be the same way freaking - I don't have air miles so I would have been sol... So glad they got to go..

I have already told the family they have to have passports - Oh I better get Andrew's :0)

food today - these pita bread thingies from costco 80 cal w/lite cream cheese & Lox - 260 cal - I have cooked a steak - but don't feel like it right now