Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Phyl, my sister was saying the same thing in their adult living community that they snowbird to in Mesa Arizona.

I'm bummed they didn't do the additional surgery when I was under. But have an appointment for next Wednesday with the surgeon. The surgeon that my doc wanted is booked solid so I have his 2nd choice. Visited with the office personel while confirming my appointment and I wasn't impressed. I looked on line at the docs website, and I can tell he is just the arrogant type. His picture is of him surrounded by all his attractive female staff as if they were worshiping a god. NOT impressed. They won't schedule the surgery until AFTER they meet with we. Are you kidding. You are going to get a better idea that my doc who was looking at it from the inside what needs to be done. So they just don't know if they will be able to get me in this month.

Having some trouble getting food down. It is just too much effort. So I ate about 3 bites of veggi Soup today. I just feel all fuzzy headed today. I will try to drink some tomatoe soup later. That won't require me to chew. I do have a nice nest built up in my room. Everything within reach. then just snuggle down when I get tired. Which is a lot. Been taking a nap about every hour, lazy.

Has anyone heard from Janet? Has she picked up a nice latin lover yet? How about Linda? She is probably swamped with end of semester papers and grading.

Check in later, Phyl I hope you feel better soon.

Hi,

Frustrating situation with that surgeon. Hope you can get it fixed soon!

Feeling slightly better... took a mucinex and 3 ibuprofen! Had fever most of the day, and headache, plus coughing a little. Supposed to be at choir practice, but can't go like this! But may go to cafe in the park for dinner later. And i had to go to Starbucks to straighten out charges from Monday. Not that it did any good except they gave me another free drink! The stupid girl who waited on my Monday!! I wanted $70 on my SBX card and then deduct the $39.85 in gifts that I was buying, minus my 15% discount, from my SBX card. So she puts the $70 on TWICE and included the $39,85 on one of those charges. So, I ended up with $179.85 on my AMEX card!! So the manager, after much deliberation, tells me to call SBX 1-800 # that he gave me to get the charges resolved. So I did that and the rep at SBX told me to dispute the 2nd $70 charge with AMEX!! So.... they basically will lose about $30 on the transaction if AMEX credits it back to me. But when I disputed the charge online it said it might take 8 weeks to resolve!! What a ridiculous mess!! Every time I have any kind of a problem... drink too hot, too cold or they forget to add my extra shot... it's always that Desert Hot Springs store!! Too bad it's the closest one! But I go to the one near costco most often.

Too bad they couldn't do that surgery at the same time!

B)

Yeah, seat covers are the last priority, but I will find some to replace the blue throw that is over them now. Earl is off to costco, Home Depot, etc. for the batteries, some paint, wire brush to scrape off some rust in the battery compartment. He says this $350 golf cart is going to end up costing about $1000! But.... it's a good one... Yamaha, and in pretty good condition mechanically. So worth putting the money in to. But there were implications that this is the major part of my Christmas present!! LOL!

Glad you are home and feeling fairly decent! I think dogs can sense when you're not feeling up to par! With this cold I have... I had mine sleeping on my shoulder last night and then again this morning! Wouldn't have been too bad except that she had her belly pressed so hard against my ear that I was getting sound effects..... could hear her stomach gurgling and her heart beating!!:lol:;):P

Yeah... stay away from the crappy cold that is going around! Seems to be everywhere! I am coughing now, slight fever, headache is gone for the moment after taking some Ibuprofen!

Sorry for the drama with John. He seemed like such a nice guy. Wouldn't have guessed he had that in him! Hope you find a GREAT replacement!

No... neither of us golf. But it is THE most popular mode of transportation around the park! You should see the golf cart traffic jams at chapel on Sunday mornings!! Think I posted a pic on FB one week. So, yes, we will be using it to get around the park. We've BOTH been using my scooter for that. Now the whole family can travel in style TOGETHER!! There Is a little plexiglass enclosed space behind the seats where Zoey seems to enjoy riding. Had her next to me yesterday going up to the mail box but she wanted in the back.

Oh my gosh Phyl; I am LOL hearing you discribe your new ``wheels`` and Zoey has already found her favorite hidy hole ..... LOL too much. So is the park that big that you can`t walk around in it? WOW, you will enjoy being able to ride around together though... I can just see it.... going toa neighvors wine and cheese and getting a ticket for impared!!!! Ha,ha,ha...

Drinking a glass of Blueberry wine (from Petrs Bday) hic, very sweet... yukky rewally, so I`ll have to dispose of it :P

Oh my gosh Phyl; I am LOL hearing you discribe your new ``wheels`` and Zoey has already found her favorite hidy hole ..... LOL too much. So is the park that big that you can`t walk around in it? WOW, you will enjoy being able to ride around together though... I can just see it.... going toa neighvors wine and cheese and getting a ticket for impared!!!! Ha,ha,ha...

Drinking a glass of Blueberry wine (from Petrs Bday) hic, very sweet... yukky rewally, so I`ll have to dispose of it :P

Well, today she had a different preference! I put her in back to go get the mail and she jumped over the seat so she could sit next to me! Yeah, the park is BIG.... two sides... East Side and West Side, and over 1000 sites... either RV or mobile homes. Looked at a really nice one tonight that is priced at $60.500!! Includes all the furniture and a golf cart! Wish Earl would consider it! Blueberry wine!! Mmmmm!! Can't wait to get some more of that homemade wine I bought in Buffalo this summer! We'll be back next August for our 50th high school reunion. Yeah, we're OLD!!

Well, today she had a different preference! I put her in back to go get the mail and she jumped over the seat so she could sit next to me! Yeah, the park is BIG.... two sides... East Side and West Side, and over 1000 sites... either RV or mobile homes. Looked at a really nice one tonight that is priced at $60.500!! Includes all the furniture and a golf cart! Wish Earl would consider it! Blueberry wine!! Mmmmm!! Can't wait to get some more of that homemade wine I bought in Buffalo this summer! We'll be back next August for our 50th high school reunion. Yeah, we're OLD!!

O.k. so when you are back in BUff for AUGUAST school reunion we`ll have to get together again, why not plan on taking some extra time and come up to the beach for a week???? talk Earl into it :)

Morning ladies!

Quiet day yesterday. Pretty tired.

I have class on campus today, then DD#2 gets here from Idaho. She will take me home and put me to bed. I figure that's all I'll be able to handle. One of the teachers brought me dinner lasst night. Ate a few bites, but still don't really feel like eating. Everything taste funny. So get through today is my only goal.

Hopefully I will get something accomplished after that.

Phyl it would be nice if you and Earl found a mobile home. So much more room, especially since you spend half the year there.

Candice, how is the new mucisan working out. Nope I can't spell.

Well need to go groom up. Check in tonight, have a good day!

Morning Ladies! I know its just us 3 but hey WE ARE IMPORTANT!!

O.k. small confession, yesterday, Sat. I did not eat well... during the daytime, coffee ,coffee protien bar, fibre bar... then went to a movie with my GF... I had the smallest bag of popcorn WITH butter ( I considered it my supper) then once home I was craving PROTIEN (a good thing!) So I had some HUmmus and celery, celery was yucky so I switched to Crackers! THen ONE glass of wine...

that`s it.. probably 1500 cals, and way too much FAT.... but I did not eat sugary junk... so that is GOOD..

o.k. went back to Sparkpeople and entered my food:1,465/130/85/fat53 protien

Didn`t get on the scale this a.m. cause I didnt`sleep good (dah!!!) and I knew I`d be up with all the SALT that I had... so pushing the fluids today.

Major Snow/Wind storm last night... Peter was away up north doing a gig in Sudbury (boo-foo-nowhere`s ville) and didn`t get home until 5 a.m. I woke up several times, hearing FUNNY noises... even Bridget woke up...

So I grab my FISH BAT, that I keep under the bed and went all around the house, looking for the mysterious boogey-man.... of course there was none... the wind and my imagination got the better of me..

Then I lay in bed thinking, trying to get back tyo sleep... and I`m telling my self... ``Ok, now what kind of robber would go out to steal on thew worst night of the winter snow storm, he`d freeze his ass off... I am sure they only Break&enter in GOOD weather... anything else would just be stupid!!``` with that I was able to go back to sleep.< /p>

Karla honey, I hope each day that you are feeling better and better... If eating is not of interest, at least get in a protien shake or 2 o.k.?? your body needs the protien to HEAL the TISSUES.... (hugs, hugs, hugs)

I'm Back !!!!

They had a computers at resort - but to busy to sit down and post ;0)..

Karla - No latin lover :0) Glad your surgery was ok - sorry they couldn't fix the herina - hell I can't type ;0) must have forgotten how ;0).. I

Candice - WTG on your food - yep empowering to say F U to the junk ;0)

John seemed like a bit of know it all to me - had a funny way about him imho - his loss - you will find a better guy - a guy who can play sax is sexy !!! You know on movies soaps etc when you hear sax = sexy stuff..

Phyl - WTG Earl getting a golf cart ;0) - it's his make up for not buying the space next to you ;0) - Hope you are feeling better today..

Had a GREAT TIME - could have used another day.. Got there around 4-5 on Saturday - everyone was starving - and buffet didn't open til 6:30 - they made it - but we had some grouchy pple ;0) not me mostly Andrew the skinniest of us all..

We had rooms next to each other but my room was just a king bed and so we had to switch since Andrew slept w/me - so we were just separated by one room from Joseph

Sunday - Beach day

Monday - Tulum on a cataimarn - poor Melissa & Andrew got sea sick -

Tues Playa Del Carmen Shopping

Wed Scuba diving for me Joseph & Kaitlin (her bday) - Joseph/melissa/andrew/brooke went on wave runners - kaitlin and I were suppose to parasail - but that got cancelled - weather wasnt' great - so we had to reschedule for Firday

Thurs - Cozumel - glad neither Andrew or Melissa got sick on the ferries - but the did take some dramabean - We just shopped here.

Friday - Kaitlin & I went parasailing - it was way cool.. Then back to resort - and had a little beach time..

The best part was the scuba diving - that was way cool - the 2 guys who took us were great - one was a cutie (Jose) and Ralphe the other kid was so nice - he remembered our names when we went back on Friday to get t-shirt - and gave me a kiss on the cheek - he was like 20 something - so nice.. Joseph has the disk of these pic's so have to wait for him to email -

Weather 1st 3 days was great - but then it cooled down - a bit - but it was fantastic time - could have used 1 more day just for beach time - we would do what ever we had planned then by the time we got back - it was time for dinner - then saw a show or walked around normally back to the room by 9 ish for me as I was pooped -as I was normally up 6-7 which was my normal time here (4-5) 2 hr time diff..

Still unpacking washing - will get camera out in a bit and post pics later - sure glad to be home - sure glad I don't have to go to work tomorrow ;0)

cbl xoxoxo J

I'm Back !!!!

They had a computers at resort - but to busy to sit down and post ;0)..

Karla - No latin lover :0) Glad your surgery was ok - sorry they couldn't fix the herina - hell I can't type ;0) must have forgotten how ;0).. I

Candice - WTG on your food - yep empowering to say F U to the junk ;0)

John seemed like a bit of know it all to me - had a funny way about him imho - his loss - you will find a better guy - a guy who can play sax is sexy !!! You know on movies soaps etc when you hear sax = sexy stuff..

Phyl - WTG Earl getting a golf cart ;0) - it's his make up for not buying the space next to you ;0) - Hope you are feeling better today..

Had a GREAT TIME - could have used another day.. Got there around 4-5 on Saturday - everyone was starving - and buffet didn't open til 6:30 - they made it - but we had some grouchy pple ;0) not me mostly Andrew the skinniest of us all..

We had rooms next to each other but my room was just a king bed and so we had to switch since Andrew slept w/me - so we were just separated by one room from Joseph

Sunday - Beach day

Monday - Tulum on a cataimarn - poor Melissa & Andrew got sea sick -

Tues Playa Del Carmen Shopping

Wed Scuba diving for me Joseph & Kaitlin (her bday) - Joseph/melissa/andrew/brooke went on wave runners - kaitlin and I were suppose to parasail - but that got cancelled - weather wasnt' great - so we had to reschedule for Firday

Thurs - Cozumel - glad neither Andrew or Melissa got sick on the ferries - but the did take some dramabean - We just shopped here.

Friday - Kaitlin & I went parasailing - it was way cool.. Then back to resort - and had a little beach time..

The best part was the scuba diving - that was way cool - the 2 guys who took us were great - one was a cutie (Jose) and Ralphe the other kid was so nice - he remembered our names when we went back on Friday to get t-shirt - and gave me a kiss on the cheek - he was like 20 something - so nice.. Joseph has the disk of these pic's so have to wait for him to email -

Weather 1st 3 days was great - but then it cooled down - a bit - but it was fantastic time - could have used 1 more day just for beach time - we would do what ever we had planned then by the time we got back - it was time for dinner - then saw a show or walked around normally back to the room by 9 ish for me as I was pooped -as I was normally up 6-7 which was my normal time here (4-5) 2 hr time diff..

Still unpacking washing - will get camera out in a bit and post pics later - sure glad to be home - sure glad I don't have to go to work tomorrow ;0) cbl xoxoxo J

Glad you're back! Sounds like you had a good time. There was no hope of you finding a Latin Lover since you had a roommate!!! HAHAHA!! Sorry... I'm so BAD!!

Yes...I'm sure golf cart was a consolation prize! He's enjoying it as much as I am. And he wants to take the blue scooter home and leave it there when we go up for Christmas... which was a decision made while you were gone, I think! Tracy and Jim are going to wait until Feb. to come down.

You'll have to read about my Starbucks escapade a page or so back..... unless I forgot to post it here! May have only put it on the other site. It's complicated but they screwed me, basically! Out of a LOT of money. I'm disputing one of the charges. Stupid girl charged me twice. I'm out about $40 plus ended up with over $100 on my sbx card when I told her I wanted to add $30 plus some items I was buying. She couldn't get that!! Went back to straighten it out when it showed up on our online CC statement, but manager said he couldn't do anyting about it... I had to call 1-800#. So that lady told me to call cc and dispute the 2nd charge!! We'll see what happens. But it might take 8 weeks!!

Candace... might come up for a couple of days next summer, but can't do a week, as much as I'd like that! We're going to drive, apparently, so.. That's going to be lots of days on the road!!

Karla, how did yesterday go??

If you can handle almost 8 minutes of video... go to my FB profile page and watch the video of grandson, Thomas at his school Christmas concert! It's SO cute!! He keeps waving and waving, and clapping at the end of each song until just before the 6 minute mark you can see this little redheaded girl next to him telling him to "STOP clapping, Thomas!" So funny!

Walked a mile in the TOPS walk yesterday, most of it uphill. I was the LAST one, but I finished it! But this morning I could hardly walk! Low back pain is back, but not down my leg this time.

I made it through class yesterday, thank goodness for Lortabs. The last 3 hours were killer. DD#2 had to come unfold me from the chair, stuff me in the car and took me home. Slept off and on most of today and finally had a BM, I know, too much info, but it had been a week and a half. Haven't eaten much, had a container of yogurt today and a couple of latte's. I will try dinner, but if that doesn't go then I will have a Protein Shake later.

Go to the 2nd surgeon on Wednesday and will get the next surgery scheduled. I'm not looking forward to being poked and prodded. Hopefully it won't be too bad.

I am working on Christmas presents, and napping, other than that, not much else.

Janet, I can't wait for the pics. What were you thinking having Andrew sharing your room, you could have had the time of your life!!!! I think I would be too chicken to parasail. I scream on rollercoasters, love them, but terrified of them.

Phyl, I know the golf cart is a consolation prize, but I'd still want the lot with the deck instead!! But men are men.

Candice, do you think you had a bear wondering around? I'd be scared, glad you had the bat!!! Get 'em where they live!

Well best get going

[

How do you get multi quote to work - did it the old way - hit multi on Phyl's post then reply on Karla's and only Karla's shows up

Phyl - call the cc co and tell them not to pay - I know with b of a they will take the charge off right away - I only did it once a long time ago - Hope they get it straightened out soon - I would be super pissed..

WTG on walking a mile - How's the back - did you get that shot ????

I made it through class yesterday, thank goodness for Lortabs. The last 3 hours were killer. DD#2 had to come unfold me from the chair, stuff me in the car and took me home. Slept off and on most of today and finally had a BM, I know, too much info, but it had been a week and a half. Haven't eaten much, had a container of yogurt today and a couple of latte's. I will try dinner, but if that doesn't go then I will have a Protein Shake later.

Go to the 2nd surgeon on Wednesday and will get the next surgery scheduled. I'm not looking forward to being poked and prodded. Hopefully it won't be too bad.

I am working on Christmas presents, and napping, other than that, not much else.

Janet, I can't wait for the pics. What were you thinking having Andrew sharing your room, you could have had the time of your life!!!! I think I would be too chicken to parasail. I scream on rollercoasters, love them, but terrified of them.

Phyl, I know the golf cart is a consolation prize, but I'd still want the lot with the deck instead!! But men are men.

Candice, do you think you had a bear wondering around? I'd be scared, glad you had the bat!!! Get 'em where they live!

Well best get going

Karla - Para-sailing is nothing - really - you sit on your butt they let out the sail and up you go real slow and it's not scary at all - Scuba diving was the best - can't wait for those pictures - Joseph has that disk - They though I couldn't go up and down the ladder w/the tanks & weights on - I told them it's no problem - I might look old but I am strong - I work out ;0)

I loved that the most ...

Andrew scared the crap out of Melissa on the wave runners ;0) - We really had a great time - but we (adults) agreed it would have been more fun w/o the kids ;0)... They were ok - but sometimes a pain in the butt - Brooke rather swim in the kids pool - so someone had to go watch over there - then if you took a pic of either Andrew or Kaitlin they would make faces - but they could take pics of themslves 24/7 - cuz they delete the bad ones ;0)

here link to pic's I posted so far on FB

http://www.facebook....11&l=bb8d9b1e5d

also here are 4 pic's not on fbpost-205630-1381313399071_thumb.jpg post-205630-13813133991119_thumb.jpg

post-205997-13813133991425_thumb.jpg

Flying now a days is a pain in the ass - Security is enough to deter anyone from traveling ... They took my vanilla & habenaro sauce in Phoenix - bought it in the Airport in Cancun (after security) didn't think to stick it in my ck'd luggage after picking it up at customs - they were little bottle stupid "b" took it - the guy at the metal detector was really nice - my sliver earrings made the machine beep - had to go back and forth a few times - but he was so nice I couldn't complain - but the whole lines - put all your stuff in a bin - take off your jacket, hat, shoes all after you just got off a plane from where you went thru security had to wait at the airport for 4 hours (in Cancun once you go thru security you have to stay in the terminal) then a 4 hr flight - then customs, then some other ck point - I was ready to scream !!!

I ate ok - didn't really worry about it - walked so much... Poor Melissa (my dil) was worn out when we were shopping in Playa del Carmen - I remember those days (pre-band) where walking like that killed me - we had to stop and get a taxi earlier than I wanted to cuz she was so pooped.. I haven't gotten on the scales yet - waiting for all the salt & sugar to get out of my system (ate dessert every nite ;0) - going to have fish and veggies for dinner - gotta say the food at the buffets was ok - veggie not cooked like I like (well done) and not alot of choices either and salads were lettuce leaves not chopped up - never even got a buzz from the cocktails - think they Water down the booze.. Didn't really drink that much - I guess I just wasn't in the mood and we had such a full schedule that didn't want a hangover either..

The speciality restaurants were good - we went to 2 steak & french - We all agreed the french place was the best - filet migon, lobster - and for me escargo ;)

Well, need to really feed the dogs they are looking at me and guess I need to start my dinner too..

cbl

post-219373-13813139756877_thumb.jpg

post-219373-13813139770321_thumb.jpg

post-219373-13813139777584_thumb.jpg

post-219373-13813139786411_thumb.jpg

Didn't get the epidural because I hadn't had pain in two weeks. So of course, 5 days later and my back hurts again. But not bad like before. I think it'll be fine tomorrow.

Woke up in a lot of pain today. Bending over appears NOT to be an option. Took some pain meds and see if that helps.

Janet, are you back at work today? It is always tough to go back after a vacation. Hope you get caught up.

Hope you all have a good day.

Good Morning Gang ~~~

Nope Karla - I took today off - had enough time to take the whole week off - I wish I would have except it puts a strain on the office. I will end up getting paid for a week and then still have 5 days carry over for next yr - I have 25 pto days - but w/these furlough days - a lot of the time that I did take off was using those days and not my pto days - I hope they continue furloughs but don't know yet - the owners hate that we are off so much but w/furloughs we have 12 extra days off on top of our pto - which got reduced to 23 - so that's 35 days off then add holidays ;0) .

Was going to sleep in this a.m. but the gardener came - his reg day is usually monday but half the time he doesn't come till tuesday - but nope this morning he was here before 7.. So guess who didn't get to sleep in ;0)

Sorry you aren't feeling so well this morning - maybe you did too much this weekend.. You go to doc on Wed to find out when they will do the hernia surgery.. That will be laposrocpic (sp) won't it - was this surgery lap or did they cut you???

It's cloudy this morning - 30% chance of rain - but suppose to get to 75

Phyl - See you are up early today ;0) - When are you leaving for Washington - you guys are driving - how many days will it take?? How's the back??

Candice - How are you doing - have you met the new band member ?? When do you leave for your cruise..

Linda - Where are you...

Plans today - pic up film - hope to have some pics of the scuba dive - who in the hell know's when Joseph will develope or copy the disk he has - I will call him today.. Need to go to the post office and get wireless keyboard and mouse..

Well cbl - Karla - take it easy... Hugs

Woke up in a lot of pain today. Bending over appears NOT to be an option. Took some pain meds and see if that helps.

Janet, are you back at work today? It is always tough to go back after a vacation. Hope you get caught up.

Hope you all have a good day.

So sorry you're having pain this morning. REST.

Janet doesn't go back to work until tomorrow. Another day to rest and recover. Security sounded like an ordeal in itself!!

Multi-quote.... sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't! I assume they are still working out some bugs. I DO NOT like the fact that when I get my email notifications... which are finally coming, I can't preview the post. The emails used to include the post and I could read them on my phone when I was away from my computer and keep up with what was going on. Now I just get a notification that someone posted. And I never have been able to find a list of my subscribed threads. I liked the old format. And now FB is supposed to be changing the profile page today!! Who likes change????

Still coughing today, and feel like I probably have a low grade fever again this morninng so I'm going to chill this morning, but will go to Red Hat luncheon later because I pre-paid!! LOL! Over $20 for a COB SALAD~~!! Ridiculous. Don't know who picked the place because everyone was complaining. $23.80 includes tax and tip but we had a choice of either a Cob salad or a hamburger!! Good grief! Janet... have you ever been to Sherman's in Palm Springs?? I haven't. Supposed to be nice, but a ittle beyond the pocket book of some of these older ladies on a fixed income. It will be interesting to see how many are there because I heard a lot of grumbling the day it was announced. They let one lady pick the place and make the arrangements with no input from the rest of us.

22_1_26v.gif