Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Candice - Nice Video, I saw it on TV the night of the opening ceremonies.

I went to the doc. this morning. He looked at the films, and said my lapband looks fine. On Feb. 14th, the nurse took out 2ccs, I had 8. She put 1 back today. I have been logging my food and exercising a lot since 2/14. I lost 1/2 a pound. Isn't that exciting?:eek:

Candice - Nice Video, I saw it on TV the night of the opening ceremonies.

I went to the doc. this morning. He looked at the films, and said my LAP-BAND® looks fine. On Feb. 14th, the nurse took out 2ccs, I had 8. She put 1 back today. I have been logging my food and exercising a lot since 2/14. I lost 1/2 a pound. Isn't that exciting?:mad2:

I think you've done very well, considering you've been worrying since this all started. 7 cc's might just be the SWEET spot you are looking for.. Keep up the Food Journaling, it really helps... so GLAD there is nothing wrong with your band or its placement, thats good news for sure.:eek:

Dad passed away this morning. I had spent the night with him and when mom came in I decided to go take a shower. He must have been waiting until it was just them. He passed away while I was gone. Thanks for all your prayers.

Oh Karla - Hugs Hugs Hugs - I am so sorry for your loss.

You have been on my mind - I wish I was there to give you a real hugs -

Sorry I am late in my condolences - I got home late yesterday and was busy today and just now getting on lbt..

Hey Gang

Sorry MIA - Had gym last night - then had to take Andrew shopping - didn't get home til 7 - then had to cook dinner - feed dogs - etc - so I just didn't have time to get online..

Candice - Love the video - Have a safe trip !!! Have fun !!! Enjoy the warm weather - make sure you got your sun block..

Denise - I am glad everything is fine with your band - I know I worry about mine sometimes - What are your calories and 1/2 lb in a week is good - there were plenty of weeks that's all I lost - then the next week I would lose 1.5 or 2..

What are you calories and how much are you exercising - have you had your metabolizm ck'd - how many carbs are you eating>>

Phyl - I agree Water weight from eating out.. Ferry sounds fun !!!

Has anyone heard from Linda lately - I was thinking about her the other day - and Steph..

Well I need to go pack - Mid 50's up where Joseph lives...

cbl

I'm home, mom kicked me out, said she wanted to be alone, so left at 3 pm. stressed ate all the way home. I'm not happy with myself and dad would be pissed that i use him as an excuse to eat. I am a little upset that dad waited to go until I was gone. Half of me wants to say, 'why didn't you say something, i would have left sooner than have you fight for every breath just because I was there. The other half says, 'Couldn't you wait just 3 minutes until i got there. Dumb I know. Mom was trying to find dad's car keys and i almost blurted out, 'Why don't you just ask him?" Another dumb thing. Then I get ticked because mom acts like she is the only one who is going to miss him. I kissed him goodbye before we left him to be taken away, but I can't remember if I told him I loved him before I went to take a shower. I don't think I did... I just told him that I was going to go take a shower and I'd be back and i gave his foot a bit of a tweek. That's the last thing I did. I didn't even hug him because he seemed in too much pain. Where is he, I don't even know if he went to heaven or if he even exists anymore. Is he just gone? It's not like we were a really close family, maybe it would be easier if we were. Probably the hardest thing was to see my brother cry. My sister didn't come. She could have, but it just wasn't important. That probably isn't true and unfair of me.

Okay, time to stop, I've eaten my grief, I'm not going to get fat just to try to feel better. Then i'll just be miserable AND fat. I just know that I can't take any more. I've given up on most everything. At least my brother and sister each have spouses who care. I have my kids, but I don't want to be a whimp in front of them. I guess i just want someone to say that it is okay and that my father loved me in his own way. Instead I'm sitting here in bed with all the lights off, bawling, talking to you guys, because I don't have anyone else. NOW THAT'S A PITY PARTY. I'll stop.

Karla - Hugs Hugs Hugs - We Love you

Crying and being sad about the death of your Father is normal - it's not being a whimp - what are you teaching your girls - not to cry - it's normal to cry when someone dies - it doesn't make you weak - it makes you human..

Dear he did love you - it might not have been in the fathers knows best way - but it was his way -- there are no books on how to be a parent - they do the best that they can - just like you did with your girls - might not be perfect - but it was the best you could do - in fact perfect is mostly a story book ending and not real life..

Again it will be ok - it really will be - time will ease the pain - you will always feel the lost - you will always wish you could pick up the phone to say hi or ask a question - and you will remember he's not here -

Cry cry cry - it's ok - it's normal !!! Be sad for the lost of him - it's ok to be sad !!! It's ok to cry!!! But it's not ok to eat your grief :0) - make a plan and say ok I will eat 1 day and that's it I will have my pity food party and then it will be over - that's a plan - I don't eat in these situation but after it's all over - after my bro died (10/18) - it wasn't until after halloween that I pigged out on candy - saying to myself I deserved it after what I had been thru - but you know what - it didn't help - just made me feel worse ..

I bet your Dad was proud of you for losing the weight and you are right he wouldn't want you to eat the junk to cover your hurt..

Your Dad is with his heavenly Father (imho) God is a good God and all forgiving

Your tweak of his toe - was your saying I love you - be right back - maybe he didn't want you to be there when he died - he wanted to spare you that..

Have compassion for your mom - she lost her mate - even if it wasn't the best of marraiges and you will find out - that some pple just want all the sympathy and they don't think of anyone else's pain - and from the way you talk about your mom - that's the way she will be..

We can't control others - we can only control us - and that's very difficult at time - so just let what other pple do or say go - Talk to your DD's tell them how much you hurt - they will be their for you - they are your family..

Talk to us - we too are your family !!! Poor out your heart - we will listen - I know that Steph, Me, Candice, Phyl, have lost our Fathers (don't know for sure about Denise and I know Karri still has hers)- we know your pain we have been where you are right now..

So Karla - lean on your daughters - Lean on us - that's what family is for..

Hugs & prayer Girlfriend !!!

Morning Ladies;

Karla I don't know what to say today, except hang in there.

Janet is the one who always puts the groups feelings into words that comfort.

Read her post, read it over and over everytime you need a Lift...

I too agree that where ever your Father is ( and I beleive its Heaven too) he was Welcomed, is pain free, and can feel your love ... Its why the SPIRIT always lives on, we only shed our mortal bodies...our Essence never ever dies..

We each feel our greif differently, so accept that your Mother will do it "her" way, and be KIND to yourself o.k.???

Love, & Hugs

Candice

179.4#'s this a.m. leaving for the airport in a few.. Bad snow storm today.... heat will be nice :eek:

Good Morning Gang

Karla - Hugs gf !!! How are you doing this morning - I have been thinking about you all night.. Wish I was there to help you during this time...

Well up early got the car sorta packed - now gotta get shower and get dressed and figure what to wear and take - it's suppose to be cold 55 and rain - today - and tomorrow morning - Sun when I leave on Sunday

Me and Angel - 7 hr drive !! - I got Jerky and popcorn to eat while driving - since I don't do fast food..

Well - just wanted to ck in before I left

Candice have a great time in Cuba

cbl - hugs & love to all

Thanks guys.

You all have a great weekend.

food is done!!! I am scared that I won't get it undercontrol. I'm going to make a fill appointment in a couple of weeks. I need to be reminded that I have a band. Right now it doesn't feel like it, mainly because I'm eating junk.

Thanks again. I'll make it through.

Good morning,

Karla, I'm so sorry for your loss. While I haven't lost my dad, I did lose my mom and I know that I was torn up. Even though she didn't show love in the way that most people would consider normal, but I think in her own twisted mind she did think that she was showing love in the best way that she knew how.

Well I am in WA today waiting to get a fill. I'm wondering if I actually need one now, but after a 6 hour drive and surviving allergies at my brothers, I'm going to get one! I'm just not hungry any more...and with the antidepressants the little voice in my head that keeps telling me to eat has seemed to go away. I am feeling MUCH MUCH MUCH better. I am just going to have to realize that I am going to have to be on this medicine for the rest of my life. Maybe not always such a high dose, but I am going to have to be on it. I lost 7 pounds last week mainly because I just don't want to eat. I will be hungry but just not want to eat. I LOVE IT! I have been below 1000 calories for most of last week and that is something I haven't been able to do in at least a year.

Well I am going to read for a little while. We are at our favorite coffee shop at the mall while Lee works on school stuff. I should be grading papers but I don't want to... so I'm not! Going to read instead.

food today is excellent:

BF 1/2 of my normal blueberries, yogurt, Kashi

100 cal popcorn

1 orange

1 wedge of Laughing Cow

3 crackers

Drinking my skinny latte.

Started getting sympathy cards, can't open them yet. talked to mom, she is doing okay.

Good Morning Gang

On Joseph's laptop - everyone is still asleep its 7:30 Andrew called at 5:45 with a little drama - but all is ok - so once I am up I am up.. They went back to bed ..

Karri - How did the fill go - Melissa is on some antidepressent pur something - as you all know she's a big girl and needs to lose some weight - she talked to dr about wls - but she wants her on these meds 1st - plus Melissa has never dieted like ww - jenny craig- etc She needs to learn to eat healthy she wants too but really doesn't know how - I am going to get her the beck book today... and maybe write out a menu for her..

I am glad your meds are working and not making you want to eat more - that's great

Karla Hugs I have been thinking about you .. You will find some days are easier than other - WTG on your food...

Saw Sis yesterday - she made a great ck Soup then came to Joseph - well he didn't get home til about 8 = he was at friends - had a few beers = at one point had to the him to shut up - he kept talking talking - after that he went to bed...

today taking Brooke bday shopping cake and the go home in the a.m. -

It rained yesterday - cloudy now

Well will ck back when I can

xoxox

J

alright ladies. I am here. I'm not going to say a lot but wanted you all to know you are in my thoughts every day.

I'm not having a good time of it the last couple of weeks. I've just sorta been falling apart. Nothing that I want to talk about but between kids and marriage and not working, it's all getting the better of me. I'm really struggling and for the most part just don't care that I'm struggling. I've not really been up to fighting it.

Anyways, that's mainly why I've been gone. I just couldn't face the encouragement that I know I get here because I knew I wasn't going to listen to it. Warped I know, but how I feel. I don't think it's a meds issue, it's more a mental attitude issue. Winter needs to be over for one thing. I need to open my windows and get out of my house! I'm tired of being cooped up.

Anyways. I love all of you and I think of you all daily. Jeff is in Vegas now and Rose is here with me for a few days. We are having a good time but not doing much. She did get me up and walked yesterday so that was a good thing.

Now...off to do something...not sure what...but trying to convince myself that it's NOT to eat Cookies. So far I'm winning that battle. Love you!

My house is officially under 'contract' and has a closing date of April 15th. So if all goes well my house is 'sold'!! They say 3rd times the charm, in my case it is 4th times the charm.

In general I'm hanging in there, and that is the best I can do at this point.