Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Phyl, did you find anything WONDERFUL in Mexico? I don't remember hearing. When do you go on your cruise and where are you going/leaving from? Jeff and I are talking about doing a cruise next year after the 3-day from San Diego. Spending Thanksgiving indulging ourselves. Do you have any good cruising tips? I really worry about looking like a doofus. I saw on FB where Earl was going to go enjoy his RC's. He was going through withdrawls it sounded like. Wasn't he driving you nuts? LOL

Well, probably my most exciting find was ceramic numbers w/iron frame for our RV site. Since we did the cement, I'd been looking for fancy numbers to put our site # on out front since Earl & the neighbor put a nice post in the cement to mark our site. Couldn't find anything I liked at Lowe's or Home Depot or Walmart... looked in a bunch of different stores. So, saw a rack with ceramic tile squares/#s behind one of the booths on the street.. so asked a few questions.. they had the numbers I needed as well as the frame, so I did a little negotiating and got the whole thing... glued and all for $25.

And I bought a leather over the shoulder purse, carved flowers on the front. And a few things for the grandkids.

Yes, Earl was driving me nuts when we were rained in all last week! I kept busy with my beading, and other stuff I had going on!

I'll let you know about he Mexican cruise when we get back. But Janet's been on that one, too. Our first time on this one. We have done Alaska 3X now!

Quick update, just wanted to let you all know.

I got a FB chat earlier from a lady here in town. I know her a little, but not a lot. She wanted to encourage me to start the weight training jumpstart class that's starting tonight. It will be MWF @ 7 for the next 2 weeks. She said there will be about 6 women. Made me feel good that she thought to invite me. As I've said before, I'm pretty low key here in town, but she thought of me.

Next, for those of you who like spanx... A couple of weeks ago on QVC there was a TSV on a different company's shaper. Anyways, I LOVE my Spanx but they are pricy and I have 2 that I need to get smaller to get back into already. I also was looking for one with a prettier neckline for under my cardigans. Anyways...these were only $30 each. Now I am at the high side of medium again but refused to buy the large. They are a little tight to get on, but I absolutely LOVE them. Just thought I would let you all know about them if you're looking for something to supplement your spanx. I would NEVER give up my spanx. The material though....to die for! Anyways, this is the link Kathleen Kirkwood Heavenly Touch Shaping Tummy Tube Camisole - QVC.com Some of the reviews sound like they got something very odd in the mail. I don't know....but I LOVE mine.

Okay. Those two things....now I'm off to get stuff done. Love you ladies!

lol Steph - I ordered 2 of those - one black & one beige - I go the medium cuz the host said that's what she had on - well I should have gotten the small - I would like them lower cut in the front :0) I have the black one on today and it's seems a little tighter than the beige one - My gf has the beige one and if it fits her (she's bigger than me) she's going to buy them off me... Hell I forget you are QVC girl too :0) - but since I were shapers - I don't have regular panties - had to go buy some :0)..

Karri - I love this in the beck book - you eat lunch and you are still hungry or you get hungry before you next snack or meal - you say to yourself - I only have 3 hrs till dinner - I can do that - and then you give yourself credit for doing it

I know that stress here at work makes me want to eat - I will go into gf office and eat a small handfull of peanuts - well that 160 cal x 5 = 800 cal of unplanned Snacks - so I went an put a sticky on it - No unplanned snacks - I go in there when I am hungry (or should I say think I am hunger) and get a small handful - but that 800 x 5 x 52 is 41,600 cal over a year - that's 11 lbs

Another thing and this one goes for me Everything little thing you put in your mouth counts - you can't say it doesn - just 20 extra calories a day over a years time equals a 2 pound weight gain - so it is important to know what you are eating - we can't say to ourselves - ah this won't matter - yes it does !!!

So all I have done is eaten 50 extra calories a day to gain 5 lbs - we all think - oh what's 50 calories - well over a year it's a 5 lbs weight gain -

We have to think of these things...

lol Steph - I ordered 2 of those - one black & one beige - I go the medium cuz the host said that's what she had on - well I should have gotten the small - I would like them lower cut in the front :0) I have the black one on today and it's seems a little tighter than the beige one - My gf has the beige one and if it fits her (she's bigger than me) she's going to buy them off me... Hell I forget you are QVC girl too :0) - but since I were shapers - I don't have regular panties - had to go buy some :0)..

Karri - I love this in the beck book - you eat lunch and you are still hungry or you get hungry before you next snack or meal - you say to yourself - I only have 3 hrs till dinner - I can do that - and then you give yourself credit for doing it

I know that stress here at work makes me want to eat - I will go into gf office and eat a small handfull of peanuts - well that 160 cal x 5 = 800 cal of unplanned Snacks - so I went an put a sticky on it - No unplanned snacks - I go in there when I am hungry (or should I say think I am hunger) and get a small handful - but that 800 x 5 x 52 is 41,600 cal over a year - that's 11 lbs

Another thing and this one goes for me Everything little thing you put in your mouth counts - you can't say it doesn - just 20 extra calories a day over a years time equals a 2 pound weight gain - so it is important to know what you are eating - we can't say to ourselves - ah this won't matter - yes it does !!!

So all I have done is eaten 50 extra calories a day to gain 5 lbs - we all think - oh what's 50 calories - well over a year it's a 5 lbs weight gain -

We have to think of these things...

My doc, before the band, was trying to tell me that if I just ate 100 less cals a day that I would lose a pound a month and that would be a nice easy loss....all I could think was, "I'd be dieting for 5 years before I lost 60 pounds. Are you nuts!!!" But when you look at it the other way, eating 100 extra cals a day .... that's scary!

This is how Earl watches football! Too bad you can't hear the snoring!

And.... our new space #s from Algodones

And... neighbor dogs.

post-220150-13813139075593_thumb.jpg

post-220150-138131390759_thumb.jpg

post-220150-13813139076191_thumb.jpg

Steph, I don't bind until I am totally done, incase I have to reposition. however with the size you are working with it should be okay.

I ate carbs today, so I feel like crap, it just ticks me off when i do that. I was going along fine and then looked at the clock, I had 45 minutes to grade a stack of papers, post grades, verify grades...lost it and ate crap. I had the whole day's food planned, lots of fruit, Protein, brocolli salad. but heck no, I eat crap!!!

My dad wasn't able to have chemo today, he is too weak. He is only walking from the bed to the dinning table to his recliner to the bathroom and to bed. Nothing else. I am frustrated in that I know if he moved more he would have more strength. NOW they think mom might be having mini strokes, ah hell, can I just run away! At least my brother went and drove them to dad's dr. appt. They got almost 2 feet of snow. Half of me thinks that mom is just putting it 'on' because she can't handle the attention not being on her. Then I feel guilty. I don't know what I'm going to do when she tries to move in with me. I can kiss my life (what little I have) Goodbye! Now I sound selfish. sorry, tired I guess.

Check in later

Karla

Hugs on your Dad & Mom situation - I know how tough it is watch your parents be sick... I will say an extra prayer for your Dad & Mom with my Prayers for Steph's FIL

OK onto the crap you ate - were did you get it... You didn't bring it to school - if someone has a candy bowl on/in their desk - go put a sticky on that says "No Planned Snack"

Eating beings with a trigger - sabotaging thoughts arise when you are confronted with a trigger

Environmental trigger - seeing or smelling food

Biological trigger - Hungry thirst or craving (intense urges to eat)

Mental Triggers - these are unpleasant feelings such as anger sadness anxiety frustration or boredom. You eat to comfort or distract yourself. Emotional triggers can also be pleasant feelings You might think that if you eat or keep eating you can keep that good feeling going Or you might eat because you think your good feeling will go away if your restrict yourself

You have a muscle that you need to strengthen - it's your resistance muscle (your give in muscle is the strongest right now )

Every time you resist eating something you shouldn you are strengthening you tendency to resist in the future - However each time you give in and eat something you shouldn't you are strengthening your tendency to give in..

So whenever you feel the urge to eat something you are not suppose to think about which muscle your really want to strengthen.

You need to take every opportunity to strengthen your resistance muscles and to weaken you give in muscle

No I don't need to eat the crap - I'm having (meal) in 2 hr leave the lunch room..

No I don't need to eat the crap I just had lunch a couple hrs ago - if I hadn't come in here to get a cup of coffee I wouldn't want to eat those Cookies that are on the table - get your coffee and get out..

No I don't need to eat a sticky bun even though I am really hungry This hunger will go away soon if I concentrate on my work and besides its not that long till dinner

beckisam above :0)

So you ate crap - stop and eat a healthy dinner :0)

Phyl - Earl watches tv like me - asleep ;0) Love the #'s those are pretty..

Well back from the gym - gotta go feed the dogs and andrew

CBL

This is how Earl watches football! Too bad you can't hear the snoring!

And.... our new space #s from Algodones

And... neighbor dogs.

Oh Phyl, that picture of Earl is a Hoot~~~ Looks just likw PETER.. oh ya, and I "CAN" hear him snoring in Canada!!!

Steph, I don't bind until I am totally done, incase I have to reposition. however with the size you are working with it should be okay.

I ate carbs today, so I feel like crap, it just ticks me off when i do that. I was going along fine and then looked at the clock, I had 45 minutes to grade a stack of papers, post grades, verify grades...lost it and ate crap. I had the whole day's food planned, lots of fruit, Protein, brocolli salad. but heck no, I eat crap!!!

My dad wasn't able to have chemo today, he is too weak. He is only walking from the bed to the dinning table to his recliner to the bathroom and to bed. Nothing else. I am frustrated in that I know if he moved more he would have more strength. NOW they think mom might be having mini strokes, ah hell, can I just run away! At least my brother went and drove them to dad's dr. appt. They got almost 2 feet of snow. Half of me thinks that mom is just putting it 'on' because she can't handle the attention not being on her. Then I feel guilty. I don't know what I'm going to do when she tries to move in with me. I can kiss my life (what little I have) Goodbye! Now I sound selfish. sorry, tired I guess.

Check in later

Karla, you are not selfish to not want your Mother to live with you.... Its just that you don't need to be her 'daughter' 24 hrs a day... You know what I mean, to them you are always their "child" and they treat you accordingly... this drives ME nuts, so I am sure that you are the same...

JUst because you can't afford a real trip you don't need to take a GUILT trip o.k... Just be a good supportive daughter, that's what they need.

Don't know what happened to the Janet post...:wink:

I love your "BECKism's" keep em comming... I tried to order the book myself but the shipping costs were Horrible!!!

Don't know what happened to the Janet post...:wink:

I love your "BECKism's" keep em comming... I tried to order the book myself but the shipping costs were Horrible!!!

I don't understand the red ?? What happend to the Janet post??

You can't get it in Canada book store - I'll bring it in July :0)

Ate 2 oz of meat loaf 1/3 cup of cauliflower - I am full..

What I AM going to do tomorrow - is drink Water - I only drank 1/2 bottle - now I have to wait - but I need more water.

Beckism - How to know when you are really hungry

HUNGER - you hadn't eat for many hours and really felt ravenous That empty sensation in your stomach

You ate a big meal and yet you still want to continue to eat more - THIS IS DESIRE

You had a very strong urge to eat which was accompanied by a feeling of tension and yearning sensation in your mouth throat or body this is CRAVING

Karla, don't you DARE feel guilty about not wanting your mom to live with you! Was she a loving, giving, nurturing woman? Has she ever been? Would you want her for a room mate if she wasn't your mother? Is there any way you would let a complete stranger with the same personality move in? You are beginning to heal yourself. The last thing you need is someone coming in and dragging you back to that place. I'm so sorry your dad is doing so poorly, but don't let that cloud your honesty about your mom! I know that is harsh, but the hurt in your eyes when you talk about your mom just breaks my heart. It is all right there on the surface. Your life means more than that.

Janet, which book did you get? I see a workbook and then a couple of others. I see an audiobook but it's abridged so I don't know. I thought I would look and see what they have on itunes.

Went to weight lifting. Felt good. I'm going to hurt! Lord help me! Made me really want to put more effort into getting some exercise back into my daily routine. It just makes me feel powerful. I don't feel powerful most of the time...but when I'm working out, I do. I need to make that a priority.

Okay...gotta go. I'm beat. Have to take Nick to school, Jai to daycare, dogs to the groomer, have my facial hair pulled, and michael's monthly review all tomorrow morning. Maybe not a big thing except the groomer is 15 miles out of town on some hairy roads. Lots to do in the morning, nothing to do in the afternoon. Imagine that. Okay. Night ladies. Love you!!

Thanks everyone, I needed that.

Janet, I will work on FINDING that muscle, then I can work on strengthening it! Payday, I'm looking for that book, sounds fabulous.

Semi normal day today, then the week goes to heck, but at least my grades are done. All of my classes have MAPS testing (type of achievement tests) off and on all week. Unfortunately it is never the ENTIRE class, they test alphabetically by grade level, so the students move in and out of your class. But I'm just going to go with the flow.

Going to sit down tonight and try to get all the tax stuff together, need to get it going so the kids can do the FAFSFA applications and I need the money back. Waiting on a W2, but I think I have most everything else. I had tax stuff. Should be more organized, I don't imagine the big box is considered a 'filing' system.

Well best get going. Here's good food choices to everyone!

So apparently I didn't come here and post last night. It was a good night...I went running. I forgot how absolutely happy that makes me feel. I was taking it easy (run 1 minute walk 90 seconds because I was following the first part of the couch to 5K program) but I felt like I was on top of the world! I was going to run at the gym but when Lee brought me my workout stuff he forgot my good bra. I was in a BAD BAD mood when we got to the gym because of work and then got even angrier when I went in to change and he hadn't brought the right stuff. It wasn't his fault I should have packed the stuff that morning but I was too tired from getting up so early. So I grabbed the stuff and told him I would be back when I got the right stuff and changed at home. Well when I got home I realized that I didn't want to be inside. I never get outside so I was just going to open my door and run. That was the best thing that I could have done. By the time I was done with my run I was no longer angry and I just felt good.

I'm a little sore this morning. I can tell that my incision is a little irritated so I won't be running again tonight. I don't usually run back to back days anyway so I will just go to the gym and do something else (probably the stupid bicycle!).

Well I slept through my alarm which is a good thing because it was set too early but now I've gotta get some stuff done.

Later,

My doc, before the band, was trying to tell me that if I just ate 100 less cals a day that I would lose a pound a month and that would be a nice easy loss....all I could think was, "I'd be dieting for 5 years before I lost 60 pounds. Are you nuts!!!" But when you look at it the other way, eating 100 extra cals a day .... that's scary!

Steph - I don't know how I missed this yesterda - yep it's scary - and what I have always been scared of since day one - this is why I keep freaking over the 5lbs - I know most pple think I am silly - but the whole secert is not to let those 5 lbs turn into 10 - We all know the drill. When I put the sticky note on the peanuts my gf Kaye just shakes her head - well - If I were talking to a healthy person they would understand - or if she hadn't know me at 250 - she's big herself - so she just doesn't "get it"

This is why everything you put in your mouth counts - cuz we aren't going to go and do 2 extra days at the gym most days - I really can't do over 1 hr - that's my limit and I do have to make myself go - just like tonite - I must go - I don't want to - but will give myself credit for going an I do feel stronger about me when I do go.. But I really have to push myself to go week nites (well other that weight training days)

Janet, which book did you get? I see a workbook and then a couple of others. I see an audiobook but it's abridged so I don't know. I thought I would look and see what they have on itunes.

Went to weight lifting. Felt good. I'm going to hurt! Lord help me! Made me really want to put more effort into getting some exercise back into my daily routine. It just makes me feel powerful. I don't feel powerful most of the time...but when I'm working out, I do. I need to make that a priority.

Okay...gotta go. I'm beat. Have to take Nick to school, Jai to daycare, dogs to the groomer, have my facial hair pulled, and michael's monthly review all tomorrow morning. Maybe not a big thing except the groomer is 15 miles out of town on some hairy roads. Lots to do in the morning, nothing to do in the afternoon. Imagine that. Okay. Night ladies. Love you!!

I got the pink book - not the workbook - I wanted the Green book but they didn't have it - it's her latest I think if I remember correctly it came out in 09..

WTG on the weights - Exercise is good - and we have to look at it this way and quit the negative connotations that we associate w/exercise -it does get easier and you do feel powerful after you have done it- Put a gold start on your fridge for you...

Thanks everyone, I needed that.

Janet, I will work on FINDING that muscle, then I can work on strengthening it! Payday, I'm looking for that book, sounds fabulous.

Semi normal day today, then the week goes to heck, but at least my grades are done. All of my classes have MAPS testing (type of achievement tests) off and on all week. Unfortunately it is never the ENTIRE class, they test alphabetically by grade level, so the students move in and out of your class. But I'm just going to go with the flow.

Going to sit down tonight and try to get all the tax stuff together, need to get it going so the kids can do the FAFSFA applications and I need the money back. Waiting on a W2, but I think I have most everything else. I had tax stuff. Should be more organized, I don't imagine the big box is considered a 'filing' system.

Well best get going. Here's good food choices to everyone!

Karla GF you have the muscle - it just needs some working on :0) to make it stronger - thats all -

Hell - taxes - well - I haven't even started - and need to - but what the heck - it will get done..

So apparently I didn't come here and post last night. It was a good night...I went running. I forgot how absolutely happy that makes me feel. I was taking it easy (run 1 minute walk 90 seconds because I was following the first part of the couch to 5K program) but I felt like I was on top of the world! I was going to run at the gym but when Lee brought me my workout stuff he forgot my good bra. I was in a BAD BAD mood when we got to the gym because of work and then got even angrier when I went in to change and he hadn't brought the right stuff. It wasn't his fault I should have packed the stuff that morning but I was too tired from getting up so early. So I grabbed the stuff and told him I would be back when I got the right stuff and changed at home. Well when I got home I realized that I didn't want to be inside. I never get outside so I was just going to open my door and run. That was the best thing that I could have done. By the time I was done with my run I was no longer angry and I just felt good.

I'm a little sore this morning. I can tell that my incision is a little irritated so I won't be running again tonight. I don't usually run back to back days anyway so I will just go to the gym and do something else (probably the stupid bicycle!).

Well I slept through my alarm which is a good thing because it was set too early but now I've gotta get some stuff done.

Later,

WTG - I know how good it made you feel - how was the run with smaller boobs :confused:)

Well Started this at 7:30 - but have had 2 interruptions -

and it's 8:50 - and I gotta get busy - this is my short week..

CBL

Hi there ladies. My relaxing afternoon didn't happen. Imagine that. Had about 1/2 hour this morning to myself and now just getting back to it. Have to leave in about 15 minutes to pick up kids and dogs. Have to take the big dogs so they can get their toes cut. Sheesh!

Got my eyebrows and other stray hairs taken care of. That just SUCKS! But at least you can tell for sure now that I'm female.

Came home for Michael's 28 day report. Encouraging on some fronts, discouraging on others. Called the program we are looking at for after and they won't take him until next January at the earliest. Not sure what I'd do with him in the meantime. Afraid that if we discharge him now we will have to make him a ward of the state. If THAT happens, God help me. His caseworker from the insurance company called to visit while I was making other arrangements so I don't know what she wanted. I think she's going to start pushing for his release soon. I'm hoping we can get through March at least. I think they will make a case for easing transition. If we had more services in this area I think it would be a harder sell. We will see. I'm not going to stress about it until it comes to pass.

So after all of that my sister-in-law comes over in tears because she walked out of her job because it was so horrible! This is the same SIL that won't come for dinner at my house, won't invite us to her house, and at Thanksgiving was HORRIBLE to me. So she comes HERE for comforting. Really? Are you kidding me? So she spent the entire afternoon with me trying to comfort her. I just don't get it!

Anyways, that's my crazy day. I'll be back later tonight. Going to look into that Beck audio tonight. I think it would be a great thing to listen to. Oh...and I called and left a message with my therapist to book another appointment. I'm going NUTS! I swear it. Okay...gotta get on the road. Later ladies! Love you! You are really my last bastion of sanity!

I am confessing that I sort of misbehaved today. I did my usual morning routine, and then I went to beading for a little while to work on the necklace I was hoping to take on the cruise this weekend...mmmmmm, that's probably not going to happen. But we meet in the room right next to the beauty shop, so I went in to say "HI" to Pat, the beautician, who is a friend of mine. Asked her if hse thought I needed a trim before we go on the cruise. Of course she said "yes", so as soon as she finished the lady she was working on, she gave me a hair cut, and style. Looks cute! Wish I could fix it like that!!! So... little bead work done. Went to a "food drive" TEA at 1 pm, had to bring canned goods and wear a hat. Had a blast there.... 46 women showed up. food consisted of angel food cake...small slices, straweberries and Cool Whip. I posed for a photo especially for you! BUT.... I AGAIN forgot my jug of crystal lite... left it at beading class. So, hair dresser brought it to Earl and then went next door. So when I got back from the "tea party" I went next door to thank her for bringing my crystal lite jug home to me! And there were several neighbor ladies having a glass of wine. Two bottles of wine and a couple of hours later.... I came back home! I was SO BAD!! And Earl was no help... he kept bringing us bowls of pretzels, chips, crackers, onion dip!! I didn't indulge in very much of that, but I did have too much wine. This has got to stop!! I am having TOO much fun!! But, I want you to know that the attached photo was STAGED entirely for your benefit!! AND, before I had any wine!!! BTW, that's LITE whipped cream she is shooting in to my mouth!!

post-220150-13813139078336_thumb.jpg

post-220150-13813139078615_thumb.jpg