Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Good Morning Gang

Late ck in for me :0)... Had to force meds down Angel this a.m and busy at work..

Karla - Hugs on the financial situation - Hopefully the house sells soon.

Karri - WTG girl - you are NOT a failure for asking for help do you think your students are failures when they ask for help - hell no - you are human - just not enough of you (thank God) to do 10 jobs at one time :0) !!!!

Steph - Glad you are going to be busy doing stuff you like - I am happy for you.. Maybe you should go back to teaching full time next yr - I know you will have to know where you stand w/Michael at that time - but hopefully things will be settled down..

Candice - another late sleep in ;0) How you doing on your snacking -

Phyl - it's clear this side of the desert - no rain yet - my appt w/Dr Bobby is tomorrow @3:30 I hope I can get there - I usually go down Vista Chino - If it's raining may have to go Ramon to Indian.

Well back to the grind - CBL

Has anyone heard from Linda on her RSVP..

Drive by post - gotta hit the gym in 5 ;0)

Karla - Don't worry about the deposit - us who are confirmed will pay our share and then if you can make it in July you can just pay your share then..

Well gotta jam - I should pig out tonite - fill tomorrow -

But that's bad thinking

Going to get the Beck Solution - It's about what I am always talking about - will explain more later I gotta jam

Drive by post - gotta hit the gym in 5 ;0)

Karla - Don't worry about the deposit - us who are confirmed will pay our share and then if you can make it in July you can just pay your share then..

Well gotta jam - I should pig out tonite - fill tomorrow -

But that's bad thinking

Going to get the Beck Solution - It's about what I am always talking about - will explain more later I gotta jam

Pouring down rain for the last 2 hrs or so.... 3rd day in a row to have rain like this and it's supposed to be worse tomorrow! Hope you can get to Dr. Bobby's, Janet! Roads might be flooded!!

Candice gave me the idea to use PayPal for the deposit. Actually, the homeowner, Suzanne Lambert, suggested it as a way I could pay her, but didn't dawn on me until Candice mentioned it, that you could all send me your $$ that way. So I sent each of you a "money request" for $38. Then when I receive the money in to my account, I will use it to pay Suzanne.

Got in our Water aerobics this morning, but I don't know about tomorrow! Not if this rain keeps up.

Pouring down rain for the last 2 hrs or so.... 3rd day in a row to have rain like this and it's supposed to be worse tomorrow! Hope you can get to Dr. Bobby's, Janet! Roads might be flooded!!

Candice gave me the idea to use PayPal for the deposit. Actually, the homeowner, Suzanne Lambert, suggested it as a way I could pay her, but didn't dawn on me until Candice mentioned it, that you could all send me your $$ that way. So I sent each of you a "money request" for $38. Then when I receive the money in to my account, I will use it to pay Suzanne.

Got in our Water aerobics this morning, but I don't know about tomorrow! Not if this rain keeps up.

LOL, am I not the Smartest Lucky 7 out there?????

Seriously, PHYL... YOU have unfinished Bracelet projects!!!!??>?????? look out or you'll turn into a quilter :biggrin:

Karla, you'll be able to swing it by spring... I just have a HUGE feeling about it... Plus you'll be driving with Steph/Rose to WA right??? So keep it on the back burner anyways.

Karri; I am glad that you are getting the extra help. That is so cool that your principal is behind you like that... THAT is a rare occurance!~!!~

Phyl; Got my flight all booked.. so excited now ... it makes it REAL

I think LINDA bought her tickets tonight too. I got a pretty good deal out of Buffalo NY... not a direct flight, but that's what pocket novels are for eh???

Stephanie, can't wait to see you and ROSE again... she was such a blast to have around... I still laugh when I think of the night we all sat out drinking wine in that courtyard until the SPRINKLERS came on!!!!!

Went to the gym Yest and today, my KNEES are killing me... but I did a great workout... both days. Snacking is a wee bit better tonight... just don't have the crap around... so I am improving..

Off to the RV show with Peter tomorrow, really looking forward to "HIM" getting bitten by the travel bug:tongue_smilie:

Back from the gym - had a great arm work out - upped the weights - bench pressed 55 lbs - pull downs 60 lbs - tricep behind the head thingie 25 lbs..

I don't have paypal account - I did but I couldn't ever rest the password - so I got pissed at them and sent a letter to them to close my account and cc'd the better business bureau - this was like 5 or more years ago..

So Phyl I will be sending you a check tomorrow..

It's been raining here since 4:30 - Ya I usually go down Vista Chino to get to Dr B office - think I will have to take Ramon and leave like 45 early - sounds like we aren't going to have any computer at work after Noon tomorrow anyway ..

We didn't have that much rain yesterday - but this is suppose to keep up til tomorrow - then clear up for the weekend - I think that's what I heard..

I was tempted to pig out tonite - but not going to - Went to Target to get this book the Beck Solution - but they didn't have it - it's not a diet but cognitive thinking (what I pretty much do anyway) but what I read on Amazon - I think it will give me a few more tricks..

One that I read about allowing unplanned treats is that if you do that then you are opening the door to allow more - make a plan and stick to it - period..

Well - gotta go eat - CBL

Unfinished projects?? Yes, I have two at the moment! One is even MORE unfinished tonight than it was earlier today! I started on that poinsettia Bracelet before Christmas! I was going to do it as the pattern shows... red/green. But then saw a couple in different colors and I liked the monochrome one.. pearls and clear crystals and silver spacers. So I got it about halfway done during class. So took it to activities with me today to work on while I sat there manning the desk and phone for 2 hrs. But I added a few beads and the more I looked at it, the more dissatisfied I was with it. Threads showing where they shouldn't and a couple of little mistakes that I decided I couldn't live with so I took the whole thing apart and I'm going to start over! I also have the necklace I started last week! I need to work on that because I'd really like to wear it on the cruise... and that's only 10 days away!

What is it about California!!???? I wanted to see a weather update... so I put on the 10 p.m. news... and so far the first 20 minutes is helicopter coverage of a police chase. WHO CARES!???? I want to watch the news and weather!!

Went to meeting tonight... almost 2 hrs... Community Emergency Response Team. They want me to join because I have a HAM radio license. Problem is we can't find my radio. I know it is somewhere in this RV but Earl insists we left it home. I NEVER leave it home when we go for the winter. He just can't find it and doesn't remember where he put it. Tracy checked the condo yesterday and couldn't find it.

Good Morning Peeps !!!

Phyl - beading is like crocheting it takes awhile to see the mistake sometimes you can live w/them and other times you gotta start over...

Whats the diff between ham radio and cb ??

I need to find out how to drain pool.. Water is up to the bottom of the lip of the concrete..

It's still dark so can't tell if it's cloudy or not - no rain right now

Vista Chino closed at the wash so gotta figure another way to get to doctors - as that's the way I normally go -

Well not much to report this a.m. was sick of the news already so got on the computer..

cbl

Good morning,

I have the case of the sniffles this morning. Been crying on and off since I got up. I am really happy and sad at the same time about my biology classes. I love those kids and I still get to see them daily (not like I'm leaving the school) but I know how hard on them it was when my student teacher had to leave and now a week later, I'm no longer their teacher. Just worried about a couple of them. They are "special" kids and while I REALLY like the teacher that they hired, he isn't me and I just fear for them. I'm a big mama bear. I never plan on having ANY children because I have so many at work.

Yesterday was CRAZY. Spent over 2 hours counseling a student because our English teacher has been such an a$$ to her. She was afraid to go to our principal (though no one should be afraid to go to him). But she was afraid he would say something to the English teacher and that he would make her life even worse. So I spent almost a half hour running between my office and his relaying messages until I could convince her that it would be safe for her to say something. Then we spent over an hour in his office. I did find out some VERY good news while he was talking to her. The English teacher will be back only in limited capacity next year. He was originally a litigation lawyer and is now going back to school to pass the bar again so that he can become the lawyer for all of the charters schools that will operate under our non-profit organization. The teacher that we are going to hire is AMAZING. We worked together a lot last year and fortunately is not an egotistical sh!thead. However, for the remainder of the year I have to deal with this guy.

Well I have my last hectic day for a while. I have a meeting from 7-8 with the new bio teacher, classes from 9-2 student advising meetings until 4:30, my principals birthday get together at 5, and then the gym. I called my doc yesterday and said if she didn't clear me for the gym I was going to go anyway. My weight is SKYROCKETING fast. So she had me send pictures yesterday of my scar and said that I could go back to running/walking as long as I'm not sprinting (Obviously she doesn't know my running style...LOL!). Then we will check it tomorrow at my appt. I just need an outlet.

Well best get going. Hopefully this is the last time that I will have to leave work at 11PM and come back in at 4AM. That sounds great!

Karri

Aren't you dedicated I wouldn't be hitting the gym after a party ;0) I gotta do it right after work or I just don't go ..

Glad to hear things will be relaxing some for you - you will adjust - or should I say you will find something else to occupy the time that you have lost w/losing that class - I bet you will be just as busy - that's you :0) you can't be still - not like your Mom who loves her quite time and can't live without it :0)

Raining Raining Raining - I love it..

Karri

Aren't you dedicated I wouldn't be hitting the gym after a party ;0) I gotta do it right after work or I just don't go ..

Glad to hear things will be relaxing some for you - you will adjust - or should I say you will find something else to occupy the time that you have lost w/losing that class - I bet you will be just as busy - that's you :0) you can't be still - not like your Mom who loves her quite time and can't live without it :0)

Raining Raining Raining - I love it..

Me too...I love the rain. We don't get much in Central Oregon as it is a high desert. We get snow and heat.

Oh you girls!!! Loving the RAIN!!! You definetly belong on the WEST coast then!! Ha,ha,ha.

Got back from the RV show today. It was GREAT to see all the nice shiney new vehicles.... Peter was even getting excited to see the AIRSTREAMS... thinks we might need a bigger rig than we have already... DAH!!!!

I wondered how long he'd like sleeping in a double bed after a KING and crawling over me in the night to take a pee....

Funny thing about getting older, he needs to pee twice as often as I do in the night now... looks good on him:rolleyes2:

Oh you girls!!! Loving the RAIN!!! You definitely belong on the WEST coast then!! Ha,ha,ha.

Got back from the RV show today. It was GREAT to see all the nice shiny new vehicles.... Peter was even getting excited to see the AIRSTREAMS... thinks we might need a bigger rig than we have already... DAH!!!!

I wondered how long he'd like sleeping in a double bed after a KING and crawling over me in the night to take a pee....

Funny thing about getting older, he needs to pee twice as often as I do in the night now... looks good on him:rolleyes2:

Wait a minute!! That was JANET loving the rain! NOT ME!! I live in WA, remember??? I see plenty of that when I go home! It can stop any time now and I'll be happy. Water aerobics and hot tub in the pouring rain this morning was unique, but I'm not anxious to do it again any time soon!

4_2_1.gif

After I did some serious arm twisting, we went in to Desert Hot Springs for a short trip! We needed eggs, gas in the empty gas tank, and Mama needed a latte from SBX! AND, I needed to get out of "the compound" for a little while just to make sure the real world is still out there. So we went to the grocery store, gas station and SBX. It was an adventure. Had to drive through several inches of Water in two different places. In fact, Earl chickened out once, but then we came that way on the way back and did just fine. The sun was out when we got back to the RV but now the sky is getting very dark again. Waiting to hear how Janet's trip across town went!! LOTS of roads closed in and around Palm Springs.

28_2_8v.gif

I'd take the rain, but my puppies would hate it. Sitting here drinking my latte, tasted extra good tonight, will have a 2nd and maybe....a 3rd, tomorrow is Friday. Next week will be a long one, 5 days of classes, grades due at 4 pm on Monday, Parent/Teacher conferences on Wednesday & Thursday. Need to get tax stuff to the accountant by Monday.

food has been pretty good, I am discovering that I don't much have the taste for some of my 'old' favorites. Right now I'd almost hurt someone for a big bowl of watermelon or grapes. I had some pretzels today, yuck. I just wish I'd develop a dislike for chocolate. Never going to happen. I have discovered a new favorite...light Laughing cow on a slice of Pink Lady apple. My current favorite apple. Can't eat a stupid piece of chicken, but can eat apples and oranges, have some trouble with bananas.

Well still on the hunt for a pattern for sewn golf club head covers. TTFN

Wait a minute!! That was JANET loving the rain! NOT ME!! I live in WA, remember??? I see plenty of that when I go home! It can stop any time now and I'll be happy. Water aerobics and hot tub in the pouring rain this morning was unique, but I'm not anxious to do it again any time soon!

4_2_1.gif

After I did some serious arm twisting, we went in to Desert Hot Springs for a short trip! We needed eggs, gas in the empty gas tank, and Mama needed a latte from SBX! AND, I needed to get out of "the compound" for a little while just to make sure the real world is still out there. So we went to the grocery store, gas station and SBX. It was an adventure. Had to drive through several inches of Water in two different places. In fact, Earl chickened out once, but then we came that way on the way back and did just fine. The sun was out when we got back to the RV but now the sky is getting very dark again. Waiting to hear how Janet's trip across town went!! LOTS of roads closed in and around Palm Springs.

28_2_8v.gif

Gosh, they close the roads because of RAIN??? wow, I guess there is no place for the run off eh? No storm gutters?

Glad you got your latte though... Ya I know what you mean about the CABIN FEVER... I'd want to get out and about now and then too.

I'd take the rain, but my puppies would hate it. Sitting here drinking my latte, tasted extra good tonight, will have a 2nd and maybe....a 3rd, tomorrow is Friday. Next week will be a long one, 5 days of classes, grades due at 4 pm on Monday, Parent/Teacher conferences on Wednesday & Thursday. Need to get tax stuff to the accountant by Monday.

food has been pretty good, I am discovering that I don't much have the taste for some of my 'old' favorites. Right now I'd almost hurt someone for a big bowl of watermelon or grapes. I had some pretzels today, yuck. I just wish I'd develop a dislike for chocolate. Never going to happen. I have discovered a new favorite...light Laughing cow on a slice of Pink Lady apple. My current favorite apple. Can't eat a stupid piece of chicken, but can eat apples and oranges, have some trouble with bananas.

Well still on the hunt for a pattern for sewn golf club head covers. TTFN

Its funny the 'things' we cant eat that we once could. I cannot eat raw fruit... just won't stay down, don't know if its the skins or what... I can 'sometimes' eat salad, but most times its just too much of an effort so I eat cooked veg.. meat, chicken, fish, legumes no problem... But I'd love to have a banana!!!! oh and strawberries!!!!

But at least I can eat my popcorn everynight.. I've taken to the Kettle corn. So I make my own version, spray my popcorn with liquid Becel Zero fat spray, then sprinkle it with Splenda... YUMMY!!!:biggrin:

Janet: how did your FILL appt go???? Do tell???:)

Good Evening Gang

Back from the doc - hell got there right at 3:30 (appt time) it took me 45 minutes - due to so many road closures.

Yep that's what happens in the Desert - we have a lot of our road go thru washes and they flood out - and quite a bit of intersections flooded too - I say one stupid person who was in like a honda who got stuck trying to turn a corner that was flooded - there they sat will Water up to the doors and vehicle stalled out - stupid - you could see the Water was too high last week I had to drive the long way home cuz the shortest ways intersection was flooded and I didn't want to get stuck - better safe than sorry..

Met the new nutritionist She was nice - they all complemented me on my appearance - Told her that I have been eating healthy but just a little too much and I can't get back to 138 where I am happiest.. My pants still fit but on the tighter side and I have to get a hold of this now - she agreed and liked my way of thinking and it has been 2 yrs since my last fill -

The nut said you know week of Soup - I said ya I know but that I would most likely do a day or 2 ;0)

Last time I was in his office 5/08 I was 157 - Today fully dressed w/boots on - I weighed 151 (my scale 144.5)- so that's right cuz his scales are about 6 lbs heavier than mine - plus I weigh naked ;0) at home..

So he numbs me up hits my port the 1st time and takes out what was in there 5.2 - I swear we determined last time I had 5 - but he said it's not always exact - anyway had me drink the water - said I was fine - asked him how much he put it he said 1/2 cc so that's .5 - I am ok so far - cooking a Soup that I got in Cabazon (cream of asparagus) when Phyl and I went in Nove and have a pot of Beans cooking too - to make my cream of bean soup -

I told him last time I was too tight and it took a week to get in - he said if I have any problems to call him on his cell and he would get me in for an unfill - I love Doc Bobby..

Bought some Vitamins when I was there - Protein Snacks (like cheese puffs) and 2 boxes of pt bars - figured I eat the granola bars anyway - these are 160 but have 15 grm of pt so if I do have good restriction they are great for Breakfast at my desk w/some yogurt..

Took along time to get home too

So we will see how it all pans out - I just pray I am not too tight - will be taking it easy (soups/mushies) for a few days..

Phyl glad you got out of the house for a bit - I think being in that Motorhome 4 days straight would have me climbing the walls - WTG on the exercise in the rain ;0)

Candice agree 2 pple in a converted van isn't enough space ;0)

I had to be careful w/oranges - but could eat any other fruit - had strawberries for bf today - sometime watermelon would stick - but most likely from eating to fast - we will see in a couple days what my new restriction is like - prior to this fill and for the last 2 yrs I have been able to eat everything..

Karla - I agree my taste for choc is just the same now as it was 2.5 yrs ago and that goes for grease too - Like I told the nut - I may have a skinny chick's body - but I still have a fat girl inside who would take over if I let her..

Well it's 7:12 going to go eat...

Oh Angels' blood test came back fine - her runs have stopped (pretty sure - need to ck her butt she just finished eating) and I got to give her the meds...

CBL