Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Good morning ladies. Slept well last night. Headache started about 9pm, took some tylenol pm and went to bed. It worked. I feel much better today.

I have a job teaching a PIR day on Monday at one of the schools in the area (okay....100 miles from here). I'm pretty excited about that. Then on Tuesday I go to a training so I can do school science training in the area. I'm pretty excited about both of those. Today I need to finalize all my plans for Monday's training. I have ideas for about 12 hours but only have 5 hours of time with the teachers so I need to decide what exactly I want to do.

Janet, when I called Karla's doc in TJ earlier for a price, a sleeve was something like $6300. There are a bunch of reasons I am more comfortable with dr. A. I think he is THE sleeve doc in Mexico. A revision would be $12,500 with him so that's why I just don't see it happening. Jeff says he will do some figuring and see if we can find that money. He agrees that it would be best for me to revise, just don't know if we can swing it.

Alright, I have a lot of stuff to do today getting ready for my training. I'll talk to you all later. Love you ladies!

Karri,

I forgot that I wanted to talk to you.....

I know what you mean when you say "I am my job." I agree with Janet, though. You need to strike that middle ground. I understand that feeling because NOT teaching has been a big blow to my identity. It's like I don't know who I am when I'm not a teacher. It is so hard.

I just hope that you don't disappear for too long. I know it is crazy busy for you right now and you need to focus on school. Please come back soon though....

And what you are saying isn't negative, it's life. We understand. I do. We are your sounding board. Share anything you want.

I miss you so much when you aren't here, so please don't stay away like before. You mean so much to me.

Good morning ladies. Slept well last night. Headache started about 9pm, took some tylenol pm and went to bed. It worked. I feel much better today.

I have a job teaching a PIR day on Monday at one of the schools in the area (okay....100 miles from here). I'm pretty excited about that. Then on Tuesday I go to a training so I can do school science training in the area. I'm pretty excited about both of those. Today I need to finalize all my plans for Monday's training. I have ideas for about 12 hours but only have 5 hours of time with the teachers so I need to decide what exactly I want to do.

Janet, when I called Karla's doc in TJ earlier for a price, a sleeve was something like $6300. There are a bunch of reasons I am more comfortable with dr. A. I think he is THE sleeve doc in Mexico. A revision would be $12,500 with him so that's why I just don't see it happening. Jeff says he will do some figuring and see if we can find that money. He agrees that it would be best for me to revise, just don't know if we can swing it.

Alright, I have a lot of stuff to do today getting ready for my training. I'll talk to you all later. Love you ladies!

Well doc A would be the only one I would go to - if I had to have it done - my doc does them - but again I don't think insurance covers it - so I would have to go to mexico..

How sweet of Jeff - Hugs to him !!!

Okay I have a few minutes and I want to explain what I meant. You all have your families and close friends that you live by. I don't have that. My family is 6 hours away (and I really only have a brother...my dad and I pretty much only talk during the holidays.) I have my gaming group and we have not missed that, but truly my life revolves around my job. The kids here make me who I am just like your friends and family shape who you are. I do not mean that I want to give up everything and become a work nun, but because so many people have told me that I need to find things outside of school to make me happy, I keep trying to find that. But in reality, with all the stress and frustration that I have a work...this is truly the place that makes me happy. I laugh harder here, cry harder here, and get angrier here than I do anywhere else, because in reality...this is my family. So I'm just not going to fight it. I am realizing that my life does revolve around here. This is not like any other school. I REALLY wish that you could come and visit here because you would see that this place is truly like a family. And just like every other family we have huge issues at times. No...I can't stand most of the teachers but the kids, our secretary and my boss are the best people that I can be around besides my husbnad. Lee is getting more involved with the school and even said yesterday after going on a field trip with the kids that he understands why I desperately want to make this place work. He came in today to help tutor students and when the students were saying hi to him and talking with him, he lit up.

So that is what I meant by my statement. I will be back on Sunday if not before. Depends on how much work I can get done.

I do love you all...and you are important too!

Good Morning Gang...

Well watched the rest of AI from the night b/4 and BL then watched AI last night..

dinner 4.5/8 oz ck breast - 3/4 c califlower - 1 popcorn - 1 pt bar 140c - 15 pringles (lite) - I think that was it - scale this a.m. 144.5 (WTF) I have been good I really have - I am ready for this tweak - I MUST MUST MUST get back to 138 for my own sanity.. And I truly think it's all about my portion size and had a stupid janet moment last night the cal's that I am alotting for lunch is based on 1 cup not 1.75 so that's part of the problem. Anyway 1/21 @ 3:30 I have a doc appt - my way of thinking (rationalization) is that I did get the band to help me with my portions - and I have been doing so much w/my will power and it's not getting the results that I was hopeing for - so I am going to utilize my tool and get a tweak..

Phyl your pic's are amazing !!! You have come such a long way !!! So Proud of you - but what's up w/the COOKIE :thumbup:

I thought we wanted to get the scales moving - biscottie Cookies and today is thursday - isn't that pancake day - or is that only once a month :thumbup:

Karri - You are your job - I want you to analize that statement - I don't think it's healthy... I know you take great pride and w/this whole new school thing - but you are not your job - I know it feels that way - but You are more than a teacher - you have feeling wants needs and being a teacher is PART of who you are - but it is not the total sum of you and it shouldn't be.. I understand that for a while (hopefully) you job is going to be all consuming - in the time that I have known you I know it is what you strive for - to be that perfect teacher - you want to help your kids and take a great amount of pride in your job.. Just please please please make a small amount of time for you ok... :tt1:

Steph - Dr A is the only person in Mex I would let touch me - I know a few pple who he did - OregonDaisy from the 50's thread converted to the sleeve maintaining 135 w/no issues - she's older than me and she struggled w/her band and was a slow loser - I think she lost like 10 lbs from the sleeve - she's a good buddy of Wasa.. $10K - i see the ad's that say $5500 - but don't know who the doc is..

Karla

I have a 3 day weekend tomorrow is my FF (furlough friday) going to take down all the inside xmas decorations - go to the post office return my qvc coat - go ck out my bro's house (dreading that) and going to see Lionel Richie Friday night - Going to see Smokie 3/12 with another gf - going to FL 2/11 - Just the little jet setter..

Gang - We need to pick a date for our July meeting so I can schedule the time off - we need to get a date set...

So what is a good date - I will send email out too since Linda doesn't post much..

I am on vacation for the week before and the week after the 4th of July. Our plan was to come to visit you during that time, but we could alter that. However if we do it later, I should still be able to make it because we live pretty close (8 hour drive). That is our slow time and I am only teaching 1 or 2 classes over the summer. But if we can come up with a time soon I can make sure to not schedule my Wilderness Survival camping trip over that weekend.

Maybe they would cut the rate if both of you were having surgery??? Or maybe you already asked them that.

Yeah, I probably shouldn't have had that cookie. The biscotti was the only thing I had for lunch that day so I don't feel bad about that. Calories the rest of the day were okay. Pancake.... I have one small, thin pancake the first Wed. of each month, but only while we're here.

Scale went down .6 lb today. Not much, but it was down again. We skipped Water aerobics because the wind was awful over here this morning! Barely a breeze now, but so bad this morning that we drove up to the clubhouse for TOPS meeting.

Went out for Breakfast after that... a rare occasion any more. Had an omelet, hash browns, english muffin... Ate about half of everything. Then lost much of that in the BR!! Shouldn't have eaten the 1/2 english muffin! Lunch was at costco, but we were there early, weekday, not much to sample and I was still feeling pretty rocky. So by the time I got home I was hungry (which rarely happens these days) but it was too late for lunch. So we had a few tiny cubes of cheese, two small wedges of pheasant sausage and a couple of crackers. Oh... and one small glass of wine. We are really sticking to that this week! Earl is making spaghetti/meatballs for dinner... probably over green Beans. LOTS of garlic being crunched at the moment! Yummy!

Tracy thinks camera was EasyShare. I asked her about battery life and she said she used AA rechargeable and didn't have any problem. I did a little resarch online, and Consumer Reports Mag... they picked two EasyShares as their "Best Buy" picks.... the C160 and the M320. I looked at the M320 at Walmart today. It was $99, but for another $10 they had a very similar camera with several more features and a few more pixels. I think the best prices tend to be online. I've been using Amazon.com a lot lately. I like the "customer reviews" option that lets you see what buyers think of whatever you're researching. But there are other good sites for buying electronics.

I would love to get a revision. when the girls are off of my insurance and I could afford the 'full' coverage, I am going to check into it. Otherwise, when I get my band paid for, 4 years and 2 months, I will get a loan for revision. I need a fill also, but I also need to deal with the head hungries. I'm finding myself eating even when I'm not really hungry, just habit, even though it is good food. I'm going to do the 'almost' naked weigh this weekend and see exactly where I'm at. No more excuses.

Feel like crap, sore throat, stuffy, ears hurt, plus a parent (same one as before) has called for a meeting with the principal, to have the principal make sure I pass their daughter in science. Hum, could it be that your daughter has 13 tardies/absences for my class? Could it be that your daughter rarely turns in work. I have already email the parent immediately when their is an assignment and when the child does not turn in the assignment, hey why teach, I'll just sit on the phone/computer all day and the kids can play! Oh well, I really don't care. If push comes to shove, I'll just give the kid a 'C' and everyone will be happy. If you don't want your child to be accountable, why should I.

Going to go take a shower, making tator tot casserole in my new tiny individual casserole dishes I got for Christmas, Portion Control.< /p>

TTFN

Good Morning Gang...

Well watched the rest of AI from the night b/4 and BL then watched AI last night..

dinner 4.5/8 oz ck breast - 3/4 c califlower - 1 popcorn - 1 pt bar 140c - 15 pringles (lite) - I think that was it - scale this a.m. 144.5 (WTF) I have been good I really have - I am ready for this tweak - I MUST MUST MUST get back to 138 for my own sanity.. And I truly think it's all about my portion size and had a stupid janet moment last night the cal's that I am alotting for lunch is based on 1 cup not 1.75 so that's part of the problem. Anyway 1/21 @ 3:30 I have a doc appt - my way of thinking (rationalization) is that I did get the band to help me with my portions - and I have been doing so much w/my will power and it's not getting the results that I was hopeing for - so I am going to utilize my tool and get a tweak..

Phyl your pic's are amazing !!! You have come such a long way !!! So Proud of you - but what's up w/the COOKIE :thumbup:

I thought we wanted to get the scales moving - biscottie Cookies and today is thursday - isn't that pancake day - or is that only once a month :thumbup:

Karri - You are your job - I want you to analize that statement - I don't think it's healthy... I know you take great pride and w/this whole new school thing - but you are not your job - I know it feels that way - but You are more than a teacher - you have feeling wants needs and being a teacher is PART of who you are - but it is not the total sum of you and it shouldn't be.. I understand that for a while (hopefully) you job is going to be all consuming - in the time that I have known you I know it is what you strive for - to be that perfect teacher - you want to help your kids and take a great amount of pride in your job.. Just please please please make a small amount of time for you ok... :thumbup:

Steph - Dr A is the only person in Mex I would let touch me - I know a few pple who he did - OregonDaisy from the 50's thread converted to the sleeve maintaining 135 w/no issues - she's older than me and she struggled w/her band and was a slow loser - I think she lost like 10 lbs from the sleeve - she's a good buddy of Wasa.. $10K - i see the ad's that say $5500 - but don't know who the doc is..

Karla

I have a 3 day weekend tomorrow is my FF (furlough friday) going to take down all the inside xmas decorations - go to the post office return my qvc coat - go ck out my bro's house (dreading that) and going to see Lionel Richie Friday night - Going to see Smokie 3/12 with another gf - going to FL 2/11 - Just the little jet setter..

Gang - We need to pick a date for our July meeting so I can schedule the time off - we need to get a date set...

So what is a good date - I will send email out too since Linda doesn't post much..

Stephie; You are completely UNfilled and you can't eat??? What is the problem... is it a SLIPPED Band??? Glad Jeff is going with the sleeve.. good choice...

Karrie; You are not always NEGATIVE, now stop that... we love reading your posts... and I agree with Janet... YOU are more than a teacher....

Janet: Just looking at a JULY Calandar.... do we want to shoot for the middle of the month? or how about 3 July to the 9th July... are we doing a WEEK out in Seattle or just a long 4 day weekend thing???

Speaking for myself only... I'd like to be out there for a WEEK, as I'll be flying out there and I don't want to make that long of a trip just for a couple of days... but then I can always hang around more by myself... and SIght-see...

I couldn't beleive it YESTERDAY while DH and I were at Boston pizza we were talking about our Feb. trip south, and then onto our 4-6week cross country VAN trek in Apr/May... then he says "when are you and the 7's getting together??? and Where are you planning on going this year????"

OMG... I just about flipped, cause I hadn't been talking abiut it just yet, cause I didn't want to JINX any plans...

So its just kinda funny that you mention it tonight Janet!!! :tt1: or are you secretly talking to my DH?????:thumbup:

Okay I have a few minutes and I want to explain what I meant. You all have your families and close friends that you live by. I don't have that. My family is 6 hours away (and I really only have a brother...my dad and I pretty much only talk during the holidays.) I have my gaming group and we have not missed that, but truly my life revolves around my job. The kids here make me who I am just like your friends and family shape who you are. I do not mean that I want to give up everything and become a work nun, but because so many people have told me that I need to find things outside of school to make me happy, I keep trying to find that. But in reality, with all the stress and frustration that I have a work...this is truly the place that makes me happy. I laugh harder here, cry harder here, and get angrier here than I do anywhere else, because in reality...this is my family. So I'm just not going to fight it. I am realizing that my life does revolve around here. This is not like any other school. I REALLY wish that you could come and visit here because you would see that this place is truly like a family. And just like every other family we have huge issues at times. No...I can't stand most of the teachers but the kids, our secretary and my boss are the best people that I can be around besides my husbnad. Lee is getting more involved with the school and even said yesterday after going on a field trip with the kids that he understands why I desperately want to make this place work. He came in today to help tutor students and when the students were saying hi to him and talking with him, he lit up.

So that is what I meant by my statement. I will be back on Sunday if not before. Depends on how much work I can get done.

I do love you all...and you are important too!

We love YOU too toots!!! {glad for the clarification}:thumbup:

Karla - you totally skipped the July Get Together - what's up with that...

4th of July works for me if that's the only time Linda can come -- I normally go see the kids that weekend - but can postpone it til July 16 (day after Joseph's birthday)

Fly in Thursday 7/1 (Karri's Bday) and leave Monday 7/5 4.5 days depending on flight..

We are going to have to rent a van - depending on how many pple make it

Ok peeps lets get some dates settled - so we can start making plans - you know not all of us are retired lol

Going to the GYM in the morning!!!:thumbup:

Karla - you totally skipped the July Get Together - what's up with that...

4th of July works for me if that's the only time Linda can come -- I normally go see the kids that weekend - but can postpone it til July 16 (day after Joseph's birthday)

Fly in Thursday 7/1 (Karri's Bday) and leave Monday 7/5 4.5 days depending on flight..

We are going to have to rent a van - depending on how many pple make it

Ok peeps lets get some dates settled - so we can start making plans - you know not all of us are retired lol

Just cked out Everett on MAPQUEST... looks pretty cool - now I am looking up flight prices.... $675Cdn is the cheapest Non-stop fare... running Tues, to TUesday...

my food today:

CALORIES/CARBS/FAT/PROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg1,445/171/74/34

Edited by peaches9
more stuff

janet, I did NOT skip the get together, I sent you an email, but it disappeared in cyber ville. Just finished DD#4 quilt, hope to post a pic tomorrow.

Hi ladies. I'm not going to get into my world tonight.....not in the mood. Will discuss it tomorrow.

Anytime in July will be fine. I will make it happen. I will most likely drive and have my expedition so we might not have to rent a van. Just a thought. I WILL be there this year. Promise.

Yes, Candice, I am completely unfilled. No slip, no erosion. Remember, I had the upper GI and the scope done and there is NOTHING wrong with my band. They can't tell me why I can't eat anything solid. Stress is all they can come up with. Some days it isn't a problem, others it is. It is very frustrating, let me tell you.

There was something else I was going to share, but....who knows. My mind is running in other directions tonight. Love you ladies. Know that!

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hotel/SEAMV/rooms/suites?start=1

Link to the hotel

Ok Steph is in - so you will p/u Karla

Here's how we will bunk

Me/Karri

Steph/Karla

Linda/Candice

Ok when I go to work on Monday - I will request 7/1 off

I will fly in Thursday Leave On Monday

Karri I will reserve our rooms and ck for flights this weekend.

Ok Phyl looks like this is a done deal for 7/1 thur 7/5

ok I am pooped don't feel like typing ;0)

Candice 1400 cal what did you eat - yes gym tomorrow me too in the a.m. !!!

Hugs and sweet dreams...

xoxox