Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

So far he's not getting insane. His usual BF-1 egg, 1 toast, 2 bacon (I think). lunch was 1 35 cal bread and 45 cal hot dog and a lot of dill pickles. If he sticks to this pattern the weight will come off and he won't get grouchy.

Drive by post - before I leave work :0) have 10 minutes to kill

Steph so glad you are feeling better (emotionally) and ya I read about the $100 med !!!

I remember when Joseph was a teenager - I would have get him to the point of crying to break down that wall - Andrew too... So glad things are progressing with Michael

Karla - Yep wouldn't life be so much easier if kid's would actually listen to their parents :0)...

Phyl - Glad Earl isn't starving himself :0)..

Candice - How did the dentist go...

Will ck in after gym - I am hungry if anyone cares :) and there is still crap in the lunch room:eek: - more Cookies came today..:blink::tongue2:

Oh just got a call my BIL sis got hit by a truck and died today - she was about 44 - I only met her a few times - sad for my BIL to lose his baby sis...

Steph so glad you are feeling better (emotionally) and ya I read about the $100 med !!!

I remember when Joseph was a teenager - I would have get him to the point of crying to break down that wall - Andrew too... So glad things are progressing with Michael

Karla - Yep wouldn't life be so much easier if kid's would actually listen to their parents :0)...

Will ck in after gym - I am hungry if anyone cares :) and there is still crap in the lunch room:eek: - more Cookies came today..:blink::tongue2:

Oh just got a call my BIL sis got hit by a truck and died today - she was about 44 - I only met her a few times - sad for my BIL to lose his baby sis...

Oh, my gosh! So sorry to hear about BIL's sis! That's terrible.

Yeah, I think Earl is going to tackle this the right way this time! So far I'm impressed. Now, if I can make some progress getting him to quit the ciggies! LOL! That reminds me, my youngest sis bought herself one of those electric cigarette kits last week. She was so excited about it... 54 and smoked since about 14. She knows three people who were able to quit by using the electric cigarettes. So she started with a low dose nicotine cartridge and is planning to wean herself down to where she can switch to another flavor... She bought banana flavored cartridges for later. No smoke... just Water vapor that looks like smoke, so you can smoke them anywhere! We saw them at the mall one day a few weeks ago.

Janet, I guess that is our reminder to live life to the fullest!! Let's all try to let go of the would ofs & could ofs this year. Personally, I need to stop my -itching and either make changes or let it go. So from now on...I am living for today.

Currently I'm making a devil's food cake that will have ganache on it for a quilting friend's birthday. I will have one small piece when we Celebrate, bring home 1 piece for DD#4, and leave the rest. I'm hoping the cake turns out, new recipe. It has 1 1/2 c butter and 3/4c sour cream.

Realtor comes tomorrow for new pics.

By the way, I love all of you!

Oh Janet, I am so sorry to hear that news.. aweful shock for everyone!

Dentist went fine, I am now all SMILES again!! heehee THis is the 3rd of 4 teeth that my Canadian Dentist has had to reglue from MEXICO Teeth... now its only 55 dollars to get it reglued and an inconvenience but I still saved over $2k by getting them in Mexico, so I still don['t regret it.

Phyl; Earl is making wise changes, good for him... electric cig? wow, thats a new one on me.... I wonder if they are avail. in Cda???

Karla, I did take a toothless pic I'll try and post it tomorrow, just for some LAUGHS

food today: CALORIES/CARBS/FAT/PROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg1,183/113/46/81

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S, a little early buy hey, I'm here. I have to admit that not having any thing to say and not posting but still lurking is much better than having 5-10 pages to catch up reading. (I don't think I made any sense) Then after spending all that time catching up, I'm out of the mood to post. Okay. My new year resolution is to get back on the program. I need to find that rabbit hole to fall into. Come Monday, no more crap food for me. I am still pedaling at least 60 minutes a day on my recumbant bike and I try to get to the gym at least twice a week. Tomorrow night there is a NYE party at our church. That will be my last hurrah, my swan song. Enjoy it, cause come Mon., no more crap. Mon. and Tues., I am chauffering colonoscopies but after that I am going to go for a little unfill. The acid reflux is getting so bad that it is waking me up every night and I find that I have to get up for an hour or two so that stuff works it way down the stomach.

Sounds like you all had good holidays. Ours was good.

Those grandbabies are so sweet. Karina kept running up to all of us saying "huggies, huggies. I yuv you". My heart was mush. Monday, was a little rough for me. It was Jayli's birthday. She would have been nine. Oh, where does the time go?

I am going to try to be good and start lurking again. Then I can keep up with you all and be able to post intellegent replies here instead of gobbledegook. TTYL

Oh, my gosh! So sorry to hear about BIL's sis! That's terrible.

Yeah, I think Earl is going to tackle this the right way this time! So far I'm impressed. Now, if I can make some progress getting him to quit the ciggies! LOL! That reminds me, my youngest sis bought herself one of those electric cigarette kits last week. She was so excited about it... 54 and smoked since about 14. She knows three people who were able to quit by using the electric cigarettes. So she started with a low dose nicotine cartridge and is planning to wean herself down to where she can switch to another flavor... She bought banana flavored cartridges for later. No smoke... just Water vapor that looks like smoke, so you can smoke them anywhere! We saw them at the mall one day a few weeks ago.

Ya she was standing on the corner w/her bike on the way to work and a big rig was turning the corner - back end ran her over dragging her a 1/4 of a mile.. When my Bro died in 99 then his son died in 00 then bro dies in 08 his sis dies in 09 weird huh???

I have that elect cig - it didn't charge well and didn't really like the taste of it - I got menthol but it didn't taste like menthol - maybe we I get ready to quit again (one of these days not right now) I will pull it out ..

Too funny about the pancake mix lol

Janet, I guess that is our reminder to live life to the fullest!! Let's all try to let go of the would ofs & could ofs this year. Personally, I need to stop my -itching and either make changes or let it go. So from now on...I am living for today.

Currently I'm making a devil's food cake that will have ganache on it for a quilting friend's birthday. I will have one small piece when we Celebrate, bring home 1 piece for DD#4, and leave the rest. I'm hoping the cake turns out, new recipe. It has 1 1/2 c butter and 3/4c sour cream.

Realtor comes tomorrow for new pics.

By the way, I love all of you!

Yep Karla - You might not be in the perfect place where you want to be right now in your life - but it could be a whole lot worse.. Enjoy the day - I really have been trying to live that way lately.. Worrying about tomorrow isn't going to change it..

Can't wait to see the new pic's - I am sure glad that cake isn't anywhere near me - I am done with junk..

Oh Janet, I am so sorry to hear that news.. aweful shock for everyone!

Dentist went fine, I am now all SMILES again!! heehee THis is the 3rd of 4 teeth that my Canadian Dentist has had to reglue from MEXICO Teeth... now its only 55 dollars to get it reglued and an inconvenience but I still saved over $2k by getting them in Mexico, so I still don['t regret it.

Phyl; Earl is making wise changes, good for him... electric cig? wow, thats a new one on me.... I wonder if they are avail. in Cda???

Karla, I did take a toothless pic I'll try and post it tomorrow, just for some LAUGHS

Food today: CALORIES/CARBS/FAT/PROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg1,183/113/46/81

OMG Girl - I would never post a toothless pic - I am way to vain...

You can order them (smokeless cigs) off the internet

Electronic Cigarettes - Smokeless Delite - Smokeless Cigarettes

WTG on your calories and gym tomorrow - how's the knee - mine hasn't bugged me since thanksgiving... Go figure..

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S, a little early buy hey, I'm here. I have to admit that not having any thing to say and not posting but still lurking is much better than having 5-10 pages to catch up reading. (I don't think I made any sense) Then after spending all that time catching up, I'm out of the mood to post. Okay. My new year resolution is to get back on the program. I need to find that rabbit hole to fall into. Come Monday, no more crap food for me. I am still pedaling at least 60 minutes a day on my recumbant bike and I try to get to the gym at least twice a week. Tomorrow night there is a NYE party at our church. That will be my last hurrah, my swan song. Enjoy it, cause come Mon., no more crap. Mon. and Tues., I am chauffering colonoscopies but after that I am going to go for a little unfill. The acid reflux is getting so bad that it is waking me up every night and I find that I have to get up for an hour or two so that stuff works it way down the stomach.

Sounds like you all had good holidays. Ours was good.

Those grandbabies are so sweet. Karina kept running up to all of us saying "huggies, huggies. I yuv you". My heart was mush. Monday, was a little rough for me. It was Jayli's birthday. She would have been nine. Oh, where does the time go?

I am going to try to be good and start lurking again. Then I can keep up with you all and be able to post intellegent replies here instead of gobbledegook. TTYL

Kari - Sweetie - don't wait til Monday - you have had enough junk - why add 2 more lbs stop it now... Hugs on Jaylee bday

That's what I have done - I think I am going to have lobster tomorrow and stay home and watch movies - Debbie wants to go out - I don't - I have been there done that and I don't want to drink - not in the mood. I am not a big drinker - I can get in a mood to party - but I'm not there right now..

Well back from the gym - had a good work out - I think my arms are going to be sore tomorrow - I know that my butt and legs are from Monday's workout..

Well gotta ck dinner - be back in a sec

Edited by IndioGirl55

So far so good on the cake and the ganache. I'm not going to get to bed until late. I have to 'crumb frost' the cake and then chill for 40 min, then frost again, then chill, then drizzle ganache. This is the last time I'm making it. Now I know why they charge an arm and a leg for ganache cake at a bakery. Next time, I just buy the darn thing.

So far so good on the cake and the ganache. I'm not going to get to bed until late. I have to 'crumb frost' the cake and then chill for 40 min, then frost again, then chill, then drizzle ganache. This is the last time I'm making it. Now I know why they charge an arm and a leg for ganache cake at a bakery. Next time, I just buy the darn thing.

I only do box cake ;0)

Well I had dinner - off for some popcorn then bed - 5 a.m. comes fast

I think my new yrs plan is going to be to get back on my wii in the morning before work - hell 1/2 hr 4 days a week will help some :0)

Looks like everyone had a pretty good day.

Phyl, if Earl hadn't gained all that weight someone would have had to pay for the unfairness of it. I was reading what he was eating, thinking, DAMN!!! That boy can EAT! Serves him right!

Janet, so sorry for your family. It's so hard to lose anyone, and so tragically. I'm so very sorry!

Kari, I agree with the above advice. Don't wait until Monday. Every decision is a chance to choose better. Don't put it off. Make a good decision NEXT time. After that, it gets easier. You can do this! If you are going to indulge tomorrow, so be it, but start Friday off with good choices. Make a pact with yourself that for every BAD choice you make you will pedal 15 more minutes. Make yourself PAY for the choices.

Karla, you're driving me CRAZY with the cake talk. Are you TRYING to kill me? Good luck with the new pics tomorrow. I'm so excited for you!!! Can't wait to see them.

Candice, if you post that toothless picture you are so much better a woman than I. LOL. Glad it got fixed though. There was something else I wanted to tell you.....oh...toile. Is it blue or red? Blue with bright yellow and pale pink would be gorgeous! Or maybe that's just me and my whacky color sense....but I think it would be really pretty.

Okay...now...I'm going to share TMI. All of you know the horrible sinus infection I had. Well, I was in so much pain and Rose kept telling me about using a neti pot. I've heard about them but have never done one. If you don't know what it is, it's a teapot looking thing that you put a saline solution in and rinse out your sinuses. It looks crazy and I just chalked it up to another gimick. Well, I was in so much pain on Sunday that I couldn't take it so I went to the store. They didn't have the pot but they had a neti bottle. ... bought one. OMG!!! It is amazing. GROSS.... but amazing. If any of you have sinus issues, even just once a year...I'm telling you. It's AMAZING. Could be a gimick...but I am keeping mine for the next cold/sniffle/ick I feel. All I can say is WOW.

Okay....now I'm off to watch tv and I'll talk to you all tomorrow. Love you!

Good Morning Gang

Happy New Years Eve

8_6_52.gif

Steph - my gf has a sinus infection too and the doctor told her to use one and it's helping - I also read about some nose spray that has caynne (sp) pepper in it that suppose to help too.

Well today is the last of 2009 - can't beleive how fast the last 10 yrs has flown by - seems like yesterday that we were bringing in 2000. But again that seems like a lifetime ago too..

Food was good yesterday - 1000 calories plus my exercise

Well it's 5:30 gotta hit the shower - hopefully today will be a short day - but doubt it - the boss (we have 4) that usually lets us off early isn't at work today

Darn, I'm getting old...last day of 2009...seems a little strange. Ten years ago, when DD#5 was 9, I never thought the day would come when I had a little time to myself. Now it seems like too much time. DD#5 finally called from the dorms, there are a total of 3 students in the entire 5 floors. She is at the dorms because her job is on campus, but today is the last day until Monday. I tried to talk her into coming home for the weekend...don't think it worked.

Today is rather packed, shower, realtor pictures, quilting/birthday party. I will need to come home and 'drug' up DD#4's dog, he becomes a quivering ball of terror with people setting off fireworks. Yes, only in MT can you buy fireworks during December to shoot off to Celebrate the new year.

Tonight, I hope to watch my new movie and snuggle in. I didn't get to bed until almost midnight, darn cake, and I'm up to prepare for realtor pics. I'll run the puppies to the kennel this morning.

Nothing much going on otherwise. I'll check in later, but all of you have a glorious last day of 2009!!!

Looks like everyone had a pretty good day.

Phyl, if Earl hadn't gained all that weight someone would have had to pay for the unfairness of it. I was reading what he was eating, thinking, DAMN!!! That boy can EAT! Serves him right!

Janet, so sorry for your family. It's so hard to lose anyone, and so tragically. I'm so very sorry!

Kari, I agree with the above advice. Don't wait until Monday. Every decision is a chance to choose better. Don't put it off. Make a good decision NEXT time. After that, it gets easier. You can do this! If you are going to indulge tomorrow, so be it, but start Friday off with good choices. Make a pact with yourself that for every BAD choice you make you will pedal 15 more minutes. Make yourself PAY for the choices.

Karla, you're driving me CRAZY with the cake talk. Are you TRYING to kill me? Good luck with the new pics tomorrow. I'm so excited for you!!! Can't wait to see them.

Candice, if you post that toothless picture you are so much better a woman than I. LOL. Glad it got fixed though. There was something else I wanted to tell you.....oh...toile. Is it blue or red? Blue with bright yellow and pale pink would be gorgeous! Or maybe that's just me and my whacky color sense....but I think it would be really pretty.

Okay...now...I'm going to share TMI. All of you know the horrible sinus infection I had. Well, I was in so much pain and Rose kept telling me about using a neti pot. I've heard about them but have never done one. If you don't know what it is, it's a teapot looking thing that you put a saline solution in and rinse out your sinuses. It looks crazy and I just chalked it up to another gimick. Well, I was in so much pain on Sunday that I couldn't take it so I went to the store. They didn't have the pot but they had a neti bottle. ... bought one. OMG!!! It is amazing. GROSS.... but amazing. If any of you have sinus issues, even just once a year...I'm telling you. It's AMAZING. Could be a gimick...but I am keeping mine for the next cold/sniffle/ick I feel. All I can say is WOW.

Okay....now I'm off to watch tv and I'll talk to you all tomorrow. Love you!

The NETTI pot is No gimmick.... they have used it in INDIA for centuries!!!

You go girl. I've been using one for 3 years, now I got my DH using it, and my DSIL....

No more sinus issues for me!!!!

Off to the gym shortly... just trying to gag down my Oat Bran hot cereal....

Last night I had 2 sf ff Chco. puddings and abad of diet Kettle COrn.. so I'm a wee tad over my cals. but at least I DIDNT EAT CRAP..!!!! Yeah me..

and I am down 3 lbs since I staRTED getting back on track... YEAH ME!!!

Kari, dont' put off getting back on track, its just another couple of days of making excuses... save yourself the trouble and start with your NEXT meal...JMHO((((hugs))) on the 9yr anniversary of Jayli... that must still hurt.:biggrin:

I started re-reading the SECRET today as well, the weightloss section... Man I have had BAD thoughts that I need to do a 360 on....

KNee still feels good today, so workout is on...

Janet, I'm glad yours has settled down.. weird eh./?? we are just old broads!!!!:lol:

Phyl, whats the temp like in Dessert Springs? Is PALM SPRINGS close to you??? I've been looking at rentals there

Karla: STEP AWAY FROM THE GANACHE CAKE!!!!! danger ....will robinson ......danger!

Edited by peaches9

Phyl, whats the temp like in Dessert Springs? Is PALM SPRINGS close to you??? I've been looking at rentals there

Next 5 day forecast... daytime temps 70-73, nighttime temps 45-50... that's F. C'mon down!!

Palm Springs is 10 miles away. Desert Hot Springs is sort of a "suburb". They refer to the little towns from Palm Springs down past Indio, Coachella... as "the desert cities" and they're kind of all in a row along interstate 10 for about 30 miles or so. Am I on track with that, Janet???

8_6_56.gif 8_6_51.gif 8_6_55.gif 8_6_56.gif