Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Good Morning Gang

Phyl - Hugs - #1 how does DS have access to a computer? I don't know what to tell you on this one - I would have given in by now too - When does his job start..

It would have pissed me off about the getting my nails done - that would have turned off the maternial instinst for me.. As long as I can stay mad - I can do ok w/saying no..

Candice - I did hit the gym yesterday a.m. 3.5 mile 582 calories burned - I have eaten way too many sweets - they are all gone now - I threw away the rest of the fudge this morning - and I won't be making xmas Cookies - we don't need them.. Potatoes sound great - but I am back on the bandwagon...

Karla - Hope you are enjoying your daughters :0)

Yesterday we went and saw Avatar - I didn't want to see it - didnt think I would like it - it's an EXCELLENT movie !!! The graphic are spectactular !!! I napped a bit - it's a 2:45 hr movie - but I didn't miss anything - It was wonderfull - modern verision of Dancing with Wolfs :0)

Well am at work today - have tomorrow off - Kids I think are leaving tomorrow ;0(

cbl

Good Morning Gang

Phyl - Hugs - #1 how does DS have access to a computer? I don't know what to tell you on this one - I would have given in by now too - When does his job start..

It would have pissed me off about the getting my nails done - that would have turned off the maternial instinst for me.. As long as I can stay mad - I can do ok w/saying no..

Candice - I did hit the gym yesterday a.m. 3.5 mile 582 calories burned - I have eaten way too many sweets - they are all gone now - I threw away the rest of the fudge this morning - and I won't be making xmas Cookies - we don't need them.. Potatoes sound great - but I am back on the bandwagon...

Karla - Hope you are enjoying your daughters :0)

Yesterday we went and saw Avatar - I didn't want to see it - didnt think I would like it - it's an EXCELLENT movie !!! The graphic are spectactular !!! I napped a bit - it's a 2:45 hr movie - but I didn't miss anything - It was wonderfull - modern verision of Dancing with Wolfs :0)

Well am at work today - have tomorrow off - Kids I think are leaving tomorrow ;0(

cbl

DS was at a friends' house using his computer. Kind of funny because when it was clear we weren't paying his motel bill he said he was homeless and under a bridge! We were chatting on FB live. So I said,"wifi under the bridge??" LOL

Then I told him to call the church he used to go to. Response was, "why you bitch"! So then I was done. He tried to tell me it was a typo! Yeah, right! He accidently typed that word?? No! I think he accidently hit "enter"! That's when my maternal instinct went down the drain! Oh, yeah- that was right after he said we wouldn't "help" him because he's not our real son! That made me cry! I told him we put more time and effort (and money, I should have added) than all three of our bio kids put together, and we've NEVER treated him any different and have always bent over backwards to help him. But, we're retired now and we want to be DONE with that!

DS was at a friends' house using his computer. Kind of funny because when it was clear we weren't paying his motel bill he said he was homeless and under a bridge! We were chatting on FB live. So I said,"wifi under the bridge??" LOL

Then I told him to call the church he used to go to. Response was, "why you bitch"! So then I was done. He tried to tell me it was a typo! Yeah, right! He accidently typed that word?? No! I think he accidently hit "enter"! That's when my maternal instinct went down the drain! Oh, yeah- that was right after he said we wouldn't "help" him because he's not our real son! That made me cry! I told him we put more time and effort (and money, I should have added) than all three of our bio kids put together, and we've NEVER treated him any different and have always bent over backwards to help him. But, we're retired now and we want to be DONE with that!

Oh ya gf my maternial instinsts would have flown out the window once he called be a "B" too and it was no accident as we all know - what word could he have been typing that's like bitch - witch - same meaning :0) - and the whole adopted thing too - total maniuplator - I am glad you are pissed - it's better than the sadness - I love do they have wifi under a bridge lol...

Finally back....all the girls left this afternoon. The 3 eldest to spend the week at their dads, no I will not bitch that I got 4 days with DD#2, 3 days with DD#3, and 2 days with DD#1. I will not think about them spending 6 days with their dad and stepmom. DD#5 is paying extra to move back into the dorms today. DD#4 is heading to Whitefish to see the boyfriend, even though I told her that I thought she shouldn't go until he came down here, but she is almost 24 so it is her choice.

One good piece of news, I got a new pair of jeans for Christmas...size 12! and they fit. All junk food has left the building and since there will only be me for the next 5 days, it won't be hard to stay on track.

Got the house rearranged like the realtor wanted, so after I get everything cleaned & shampooed I'll have them come back and redo the pictures. It looks nice but pretty bare.

I have a sewing order to fill and a couple of projects to work on and some work for my masters program. I did go to Goodwill and found some excellent wool clothing that I am going to tear apart, dye, and felt to make a penny rug. I've always wanted on. Didn't get any pictures taken of projects so there are none I can post. I don't usually take pictures anyway.

I am going to go into a funk for the rest of the day so I think I will take a hot bath, take a nap, make a latte and then watch my new movie I got for a gift, Angels and Demons.

So I'll check in later, TTFN

Finally back....all the girls left this afternoon. The 3 eldest to spend the week at their dads, no I will not bitch that I got 4 days with DD#2, 3 days with DD#3, and 2 days with DD#1. I will not think about them spending 6 days with their dad and stepmom. DD#5 is paying extra to move back into the dorms today. DD#4 is heading to Whitefish to see the boyfriend, even though I told her that I thought she shouldn't go until he came down here, but she is almost 24 so it is her choice.

One good piece of news, I got a new pair of jeans for Christmas...size 12! and they fit. All junk food has left the building and since there will only be me for the next 5 days, it won't be hard to stay on track.

Got the house rearranged like the realtor wanted, so after I get everything cleaned & shampooed I'll have them come back and redo the pictures. It looks nice but pretty bare.

I have a sewing order to fill and a couple of projects to work on and some work for my masters program. I did go to Goodwill and found some excellent wool clothing that I am going to tear apart, dye, and felt to make a penny rug. I've always wanted on. Didn't get any pictures taken of projects so there are none I can post. I don't usually take pictures anyway.

I am going to go into a funk for the rest of the day so I think I will take a hot bath, take a nap, make a latte and then watch my new movie I got for a gift, Angels and Demons.

So I'll check in later, TTFN

Glad you had a good time w/the girls!!! I have one more day w/mine - I think they are leaving tomorrow..

Congrats on your size 12 - wtg !!!!

I could take a nap right now - it's almost 3 p.m. and I have gym tonite - You could be at my house w/a 5 yrs who has this gutiar and thinks she's a rocker chick - I would take the quiteness :0)

Well, its sure all quiet here...

Had our 2nd Xmas last night in T.O. with DD and DsiL + all his family. It was great fun, DSIL's mother brought her photo album with the only baby phot0s of Bryan that survived her exodus from S.Vietnam after the war. Oh they were just precious... I am getting along with her well. She brought me a HUGE bottle of perfume and I was embarrased cause all I brought her was a box of chocolates (I'm mrs. Gump)

We all played Rock BAND and it was really funny. dinner was rare Prime RIB( my fav.) and I brought my SWISS potatoes, Bry made stir fryed veggies, I made the gravy, and for appetizers Bryan(DSIL) made Vietnamese FRESH Rolls with shrimp in them with a peanut dipping sauce.. TO DIE FOR!!!

Today, we drove back into the city to attend the Visitation for my GF hubby that passed away last week. Ah it was so sad... he looked gastly in the coffin... I hate that part about funerals.... But Dar was really glad we made the effort to be there, so I am really glad we went.. ... there but for the Grace of God, I know I take my sweetie for granted at times, but he gets extra hugs and lovin today!

Karla; I am glad you had a good visit with your girls... have a relaxng couple of days before school starts anew.

Phyl: Hope your feeling better about DSon today... try not to let it get you down. I had forgotten that he was adopted, how old was he when you got him?

Janet: Good for you throwing out the fudge!!! I have to make a donation to the local food BANK tomorrow... I'm taking all the unused packages of baking things... you know the tiny brown things that are so sweet? I am sure someone else will appreciate the goodies that I no longer want to wear on my ass!!!

I have been so tight, and I know its because of the weight gain, more importantly the amount around my stomach... this is causing my band to be tight... So a few days of PROTIEN only and lots of shakes should get me back on track.

Today I've eaten 2 eggs, 1 ww toast, tea/milk, insides of a pulled pork sandwich(threw away the bun) and now I'm on TEA again....I only have to hang in for 4 more hours....:biggrin:

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that MY KNEE went out on me last night... perhaps too much at the gym with the weights....argh

Limping everywhere today, we'll wait a couple of days to see if it settles down.. If not then Ill have to go visit the doctor agian...

Edited by peaches9
forgot stuff

Candice - I think/hope all junk will be gone by the time I get home tonite ... I had bought choc chips to make Cookies - but I ended up opening them and eating them with walnuts - I threw 2 have eaten bags away last week...

food today - BF - 1/4 c peanuts - lunch 1.5 cup menudo Soup - dinner ??? I won't know til I get home -

I have gym tonite and will go tomorrow morning..

Well don't know if I will be back on tonite as kids may be leaving tomorrow..

Candice - I think/hope all junk will be gone by the time I get home tonite ... I had bought choc chips to make Cookies - but I ended up opening them and eating them with walnuts - I threw 2 have eaten bags away last week...

food today - BF - 1/4 c peanuts - lunch 1.5 cup menudo Soup - dinner ??? I won't know til I get home -

I have gym tonite and will go tomorrow morning..

Well don't know if I will be back on tonite as kids may be leaving tomorrow..

Great job on throwing stuff out!!!

Oh can you give me your Menudo Soup recipe??? Sounds interesting!:biggrin:

Great job on throwing stuff out!!!

Oh can you give me your Menudo Soup recipe??? Sounds interesting!:biggrin:

Candice

No more jogging - it's not good for our knees - and you need to have a trainer show you how to do the weights so that you don't injury yourself...

Menudo is made with Tripe (cow's stomach - honeycomb tripe) and a cow's foot (minus the hoof) hominy which is big corn..

I think you might want to go to a authentic mex restaurant and try it before you make it - I like it but I eat oysters on the half shell - escargot - weird stuff in some pples book - I like sushi - Mexican's can take all the scraps and make a meal - stuff most pple throw away

Well back from the gym - the kids got pizza - ugh - I am making fish - steamed green Beans & rice - the only problem is the cake isn't gone - I am going to do my best not to eat it to nite..

Idrise (trainer) gave me an Vicky (workout partner) new years resolutions - Vickey has to lose 15 lbs and then I asked him what was mine - he really had to think about it - he says well you keep bitching about being up 5 lbs - so your goal is to get to 133 so that you can have the 5lbs to play with and be 138 - the lowest I have every been is 136 when Karri was here - he gave me to 2/14 to lose it and Vicky has to lose 10 by then - I seriously doubt that I can get to 133 - don't have any real urge to - but will get back to 138 - am going to have to make sure I hit the gym 4 days a week if not 5..

Phyl, sorry about your son...we all have challenges and they usually show up when we are already stressed out. Be strong and please be careful that it doesn't become threatening. Unfortunately there are some children that are 'damaged' and that no amount of parenting can fix or prevent. However, whether it is a birth child or adopted child it still tears our hearts out.

Tomorrow I am going to eat light. I know that these last 2 days have been way too fattening. I'll deal with it tomorrow AND THE NEXT DAY. How come a few days of overeating takes 3 times as long to loose?

Candice, a funeral at this time of year is heart wrenching, hang in there.

Janet, I eat weird stuff, but I think I'll pass on the tripe or what ever it was.

Sewing room packed into storage. Sad to go.

Check in later. TTFN

Candice

No more jogging - it's not good for our knees - and you need to have a trainer show you how to do the weights so that you don't injury yourself...

Menudo is made with Tripe (cow's stomach - honeycomb tripe) and a cow's foot (minus the hoof) hominy which is big corn..

I think you might want to go to a authentic mex restaurant and try it before you make it - I like it but I eat oysters on the half shell - escargot - weird stuff in some pples book - I like sushi - Mexican's can take all the scraps and make a meal - stuff most pple throw away

Well back from the gym - the kids got pizza - ugh - I am making fish - steamed green Beans & rice - the only problem is the cake isn't gone - I am going to do my best not to eat it to nite..

Idrise (trainer) gave me an Vicky (workout partner) new years resolutions - Vickey has to lose 15 lbs and then I asked him what was mine - he really had to think about it - he says well you keep bitching about being up 5 lbs - so your goal is to get to 133 so that you can have the 5lbs to play with and be 138 - the lowest I have every been is 136 when Karri was here - he gave me to 2/14 to lose it and Vicky has to lose 10 by then - I seriously doubt that I can get to 133 - don't have any real urge to - but will get back to 138 - am going to have to make sure I hit the gym 4 days a week if not 5..

Last night while sitting EMAILING my 'knee' went back to normal.... I went up the stairs with no pain at all... all evening it was o.k. woke up this a.m. and "KNEE" is still pain free.

So I am gong to the gym at 11 with Michelle, but I am taking it easy on the knee.

Its a partially torn meniscus, and I think everynow and then the torn off peice travels inside my knee and when it gets STUCK somewhere it swells and hurts like a bastard... I should get it looked at by a orthoman...

Tripe soup! OMG... no thanks, keep the recipe yikes... I used to babysit a BOuvier Dog when I was a teenager and those people always kept TRIPE in the pop fridge for the dog.... YUK ..needless to say I didn't do any snacking when I was babysitting there... even the pop cans smelled of it....:biggrin: GROSS

Phyl, sorry about your son...we all have challenges and they usually show up when we are already stressed out. Be strong and please be careful that it doesn't become threatening. Unfortunately there are some children that are 'damaged' and that no amount of parenting can fix or prevent. However, whether it is a birth child or adopted child it still tears our hearts out.

Tomorrow I am going to eat light. I know that these last 2 days have been way too fattening. I'll deal with it tomorrow AND THE NEXT DAY. How come a few days of overeating takes 3 times as long to loose?

Candice, a funeral at this time of year is heart wrenching, hang in there.

Janet, I eat weird stuff, but I think I'll pass on the tripe or what ever it was.

Sewing room packed into storage. Sad to go.

Check in later. TTFN

Gosh, more bad news... some DEAR friends of ours (like for 20 yrs) are spliting up. Now I am sure it has something to do with his TEMPER but no details as yet... She wants to go on a trip with me this winter , a girly gettaway.... I feel so bad for her. They own a FARM in eastern Ontario, she has horses its a beautiful home that THEY custom built on this fabulous property.. I just don't get it... no children involved so that;s ablessing.

Candice, holidays add stressors that can bring out the 'bad' parts of any relationship. It is sad about your friend and it will be hard to see her possessions go, but 'things' are just 'things' and they can't make up for a miserable relationship.

Stepped on the scale this morning, I didn't weigh when I had company. It wasn't bad, basically I gained 2 pounds. I can live with taking that much off. So today is back to normal eating. All the Cookies, etc are gone. I am cleaning out the refrigerator today, so the only splurge food left is a small box of gourmet dark chocolate covered caramels that DD#1 gave me for Christmas. they come from a fabulous chocolatier in New York. So I am going to eat 1 each evening. Yep it is a splurge, but that is okay, I am budgeting the calories.

Well today is deep cleaning so the realtor can come and take new pictures. Once they are posted I'll sent you all the link and you can check them out. I miss my quilting space, but other than some left over projects that need my machine, almost everything else I have to work with is hand work. I need to finish DD#1 queen hand quilted whole cloth quilt. I only have one border left.

Well I'm going to go read about how to dye wool, so I'll check in later, You all have a fabulous day, TTFN

Hitting the road again soon after spending the night with our friends in Three Rivers. Too many snacks... but good stuff, not sweets, salmon spread, a little cheese, homemade salsa, guacamole... but too many margaritas, and a glass or two of wine! Wonder why I have a headache this morning and can't get anything down besides coffee! Later, Chicks!

Uh, oh... I lied... just remembered... I had a small piece of pecan pie!!! OMG!

I was so bad!

Good Morning Gang...

The kids just left ;o( - I will be worried till they get home safely - I worry about them on the road - I guess it's the insurance person in me - Accidents...

I ate good yesterday - didn't get up to eat last night - In fact I slept quite well - got up at 6:30 (today is my furlough Tuesday) had my coffee - went to the gym did my 3.5 mile burned 500 cal

Got home at 8:15 everyone still asleep ... I have more energy than my 32 yr old DIL and my 38 yr old son..

Got the house packed up (all their xmas presents) and packed in the truck - had to cover stuff as they may hit some rain on their way home

I think every towel in the house is dirty - have one load started - sheets stripped - My Sis and DH are coming soon - I need to call them to find out when..

Karla - I haven't been on the scales yet - I don't think I will get on till Thursday - I am afraid of what they say..

I threw out the last piece of cake this morning since Joseph was leaving - proud that I didn't eat any last night...

Back to healthy eating and getting all my days in at the gym - no more oh I can miss today :0)

This morning Joseph said - "You have been to the gym already this morning" - "you don't play around do you" - nope dear I don't want to be over weight again - I gotta be serious about this - It's my life we are talking about..