Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Karla - No counting calories today or tomorrow - It's Christmas

I just finished cards - kids are in Pasadena - should be here in about 1 1/2 they say the freeways are packed

Watching It's a Wonderful Life !!!

My 2 nephew's (bro Jimmy's boys) are coming tomorrow along w/my sis son and his 2 daughter - My Uncle Charles and Stepbro Brad and maybe GF.. So will have a house full but am so looking forward to it - I will be surrounded by family and at this time of year I miss the ones who have passed the most..

I'm signing off for the night - So everyone have sweet dreams of sugar plums

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT

36_16_11.gif253p.gif 28_4_12.gif

8_2_109.gif 

Good morning and Merry Christmas!! Just had a wonderful Latte and my girls are up and we have 4 dogs wandering around, last girl comes in tonight, CAN't wait. Enjoy the day of family and friends. TTFN

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Presents opened - my new 23 inch monitor installed :0)

Breakfast cooked - I need to eat I was registering my new monitor

Half the family (Joseph & Andrew) will go back to sleep (I got up at 6:30 woke everyone up at 7)

Will post picks later

MERRY CHRISTMAS

8_2_117.gif 8_2_118.gif 36_15_3.gif

Hope you all are having a wonderful Christmas Day!

Sure is nice to be with family this year!

Went to exercise room with DGD this afternoon... 30 minutes on recumbent bike, 2 min on eliptical. That sort of freaked me out. Never been on one before and it was a little scary. Then I walked back to the house because DGD said she was going to work out for 2 hrs, so about 45 minutes of exercise. Sounds impressive, but according to the bike, I didn't even burn 150 calories!! UGH!

36_35_8.gif 10_8_8.gif

Turkey in the oven.. Earl made quiche this morning and it was delicious, but then I was sort of "stuck" for quite a few hours! Must have been the Bisquick, I guess. Then this afternoon... 2 stuffed mushrooms, 3 pigs in a blanket. I had a cookie this morning, and a bite of fudge and 2 bites of lemon bar! That's all my food so far today! Not too bad. But.. dinner yet to come... turkey, stuffing, taters, gravy, veggies, pie!!

8_5_17.gif

36_16_11.gif

8_2_58.gif

Happy Boxing Day!!!!

Well, we haven't had Christmas yet. DD#1 got stuck in Philidelphia and hasn't gotten home yet. The airline didn't even offer her a hotel. She had to spend the evening and night in the airport. Hopefully she will be able to get home this afternoon. We are getting snow and are pretty overcast, so say prayers. Unfortunately this means I will only get to see her for a day and a half.

Hope you all have a good Boxing Day!!

Happy Boxing Day!!!! Well, we haven't had Christmas yet. DD#1 got stuck in Philidelphia and hasn't gotten home yet. The airline didn't even offer her a hotel. She had to spend the evening and night in the airport. Hopefully she will be able to get home this afternoon. We are getting snow and are pretty overcast, so say prayers. Unfortunately this means I will only get to see her for a day and a half. Hope you all have a good Boxing Day!!

So many travel woes around the country this Christmas!! We have good friends (in their 70's and one diabetic) who spent the night in SW airlines reservation center after getting stuck in the snow in their driveway... Oklahoma City.. They were trying to rescue their SIL & 2 grandkids from the airport. They all ended up stranded until Christmas morning. We lived in OK for over 18 years total, 16 of them quite recently as we just moved back to WA a couple of years ago. OKC hasn't had that much snow (14"), in 85 years!!

Hope your daughter makes it home soon!!

Quiet morning here. Two granddaughters left to go shopping before 6 a.m. I did not personally witness this amazing feat, two teenagers up before dawn, but Earl was up and he testifies to the fact that they did indeed go out the door before 6 a.m. as they said they would. They are hitting 3 malls this morning and vowed to get to one early enough to collect $20 gift certificates promised to the first 500 or 100 or something like that!

Earl and I have had our coffee and leftover quiche, but DS, DIL and DGS still have not emerged from their rooms. The cat is quite funny. DIL usually is up a little before 8 a.m. So, when she was about 15 minutes late, the cat was loudly protesting outside their bedroom door. I sent Earl upstairs because he sounded so frantic I was sure he was locked in to a room somewhere, but... no... he was yelling at Kellie that it was time to get up. Then he smelled the quiche that Earl was warming in the micro, so he came downstairs and he left them alone for a while. But he is up there yelling at the door again now!

Boxing Day... Peter went out and did the shopping..

Christmas is taken down now, and I'm back tot he gym in a couple of hours.

Bad heartburn today....and a stiff neck

Tomorrow we're off to Toronto for the KIDS family holiday dinner... that will be fun... then its New Years and back to serious food JOURNALING!!!

Ummm that quiche sounds like it was YUMMY!

Hope everyone is having a FUN day...

Hugs

Good Afternoon Gang

I started a post this morning but then got side tracked w/down loading pictures - talked to Sister - went to store to get fixings for Menudo - came home started it - then had to take Bear to the vet - ears were gross - $200 later - got then flushed, shot and ear meds..

Had a wonderful Christmas - Everyone showed up at one time or another - was a hectic day - but a good one..

Karla - sure hope DD gets home today.

Phyl - Quiche sounds good - I have never made one - I am going to have to try it sometime..

Candice - You did better than me - I didn't make the gym today - I was pooped from Christmas.. Maybe tomorrow

Food hasn't been bad - not great - but not bad either - I am not worrying about it for now..

Love this new computer screen - barely need glasses with it.

Well just wanted to say Hi - Think I am going to go relax a bit - kids went to see Melissa's Mom - so need to enjoy the quite while it last..

CBL

post-219373-13813138983557_thumb.jpg

Wow, Janet; that looks like a HUGE haul of gifts there in that picture!

MIchelle came to pick me up for the gym today... 4:30 ish... got to the YMCA and the gal on the front desk says, "we're closing at 5!"

oh drat! So off to Timmies we go for a coffee and excersise our JAWS...

We're going to try again in the morning 10:30ish... then I'm off to T.O. in the afternoon for my daughters HOLIDAY meal. I made Swedish Potatoes so I'll bring that... I think Bryan is cooking Prime Rib... at least I HOPE so....

Getting my HEAD ready to give up the junk .... a few days away.

Bridget is being so good, did I tell you that she RINGS the door chimes when she wants out to go poop and pee??? It is just the cutest! Its warmed up a bit here today, so she's "asked" to go out 3 times in the last hour.... I think she's found 'treats' under the snow.... hummm just my guess..

Hey, does anyone out there know how to stop your pup from eating their own poop?????

:blink:

Candice

Here's some links - put some hot sauce on it - then he won't eat it :0)

Coprophagy: Preventing Stool Eating in Dogs & Puppies

Stool Eating: How Can I Break My Dog From This Nasty Habit?

Dealing with the Stool-eating Dog

Ya Christmas is a big deal for us - all those gifts are a combination of my gifts to 5 of them and then Joseph & Melissa's gifts to 4 of us - so ya we are blessed :0)

What is Swedish Potatoes ?? I have a cup of mac & cheese then a bowl of my Menudo - My GF Linda came over had some said it was good and then Melissa came home said it was better than her Grandma (who's mexican) so I gotta say I do pretty good for a white girl :0)

I have had cake & ice cream to nite :0)

Bear knock on the glass when he has to go out - I know when I took him to puppy school they say you can put a bell and teach them to ring it ;0)

I have to go to the gym 1st thing on my days off or I won't go :0)

Candice

Here's some links - put some hot sauce on it - then he won't eat it :0)

Coprophagy: Preventing Stool Eating in Dogs & Puppies

Stool Eating: How Can I Break My Dog From This Nasty Habit?

Dealing with the Stool-eating Dog

Ya Christmas is a big deal for us - all those gifts are a combination of my gifts to 5 of them and then Joseph & Melissa's gifts to 4 of us - so ya we are blessed :0)

What is Swedish Potatoes ?? I have a cup of mac & cheese then a bowl of my Menudo - My GF Linda came over had some said it was good and then Melissa came home said it was better than her Grandma (who's mexican) so I gotta say I do pretty good for a white girl :0)

I have had cake & ice cream to nite :0)

Bear knock on the glass when he has to go out - I know when I took him to puppy school they say you can put a bell and teach them to ring it ;0)

I have to go to the gym 1st thing on my days off or I won't go :0)

yEAH, i just got back from the gym...I lifted 10,300 lbs today....yeah that's right... I double checked the FITLINX cause I thought that HAD to be wrong... I also did 15 mins on the treadmill... jogged for 4 mins of it...

Thanks for the readings on the puppy poop issue! I'll read them all :smile:

Swedish Potatoes: Boil 8- 10 large potatoes until soft. 15-20 mins.

Drain, and MASH them well, then I add:

1 small cont. of Garlic'herb Cream cheese

1 small cont. of Sour Cream

1 bunch chopped Green onions

a tad of butter if you need it...

2 eggs, beaten

Mash again WELL, now the heat from the potatoes COOKS the eggs so don't worry about that.

then I took Flavored croutons, crushed them and sprinkled the crumbs on top... now

this is where you can make ahead and cover it in foil and FREEZE for up to a month... then bake it thawed for 30 -45 mins.. at 350 until warmed thru well..

Delicious!!!

Mash

Good Morning!

Someone HELP me! DS#2 keeps calling me... over & over & over. This has been going on since about the time of my birthday... over a month ago... and he wants $$$$. PLEASE, just pay for my motel bill tonight or else I have to sleep in a tent in the snow. Earl gets mad at me every time I answer the phone. Just pay for one more day, just pay for three days and then I'll be fine. So now it's just pay for tonight and then tomorrow I have a job. OMG.. I can't stand it anymore! He actually did sleep in a tent in a campground for a couple of nights. He's in OK. They had a big snowstorm this week. So... I feel terrible that he's in this situation, but... he's 37 yrs old... he won't take any of my suggestions... shelter, church you used to go to, etc. He was close to tears last phone call. So he's playing on my MAMA emotions and it is killing me!

Change of subject: Gotta get that stuff off my mind! Our girls' night out while guys were at football bowl game in SF last night did not pan out as we'd planned. We did a little shopping and the went to dinner. But when me got to the movie.. first of all the parking lot was an absolute zoo and DIL couldn't find a place to park. So she dropped off DGD & me out front (pouring rain). So I wait in line to buy tickets and when I finally get to the window, cashier tells me that movie is not playing that night. Internet times were WRONG. DIL checked again when we got home and they were still wrong! And there were very few PG-13s and no other movie we wanted to see (we were going to see the one about the "Morgans"). So we decided to go back home and have our own movie night in our jammies. So we watched "All About Steve". It was over about the time the guys got home.

This is our last day here before heading south again. Stopping at friends' tomorrow night.. in Three Rivers! Jacki will be proud of me... she kept telling me I needed to go to the Good Will store in Los Altos. So DIL took me there yesterday and I found a pair of Waterford Crystal wine stoppers.... "Star of Erin", still in the box, brand new never used, msrp... $59.99, and I got them for $14.xx! I'm going to give them to her! LOL

Good Morning!

Someone HELP me! DS#2 keeps calling me... over & over & over. This has been going on since about the time of my birthday... over a month ago... and he wants $$$$. PLEASE, just pay for my motel bill tonight or else I have to sleep in a tent in the snow. Earl gets mad at me every time I answer the phone. Just pay for one more day, just pay for three days and then I'll be fine. So now it's just pay for tonight and then tomorrow I have a job. OMG.. I can't stand it anymore! He actually did sleep in a tent in a campground for a couple of nights. He's in OK. They had a big snowstorm this week. So... I feel terrible that he's in this situation, but... he's 37 yrs old... he won't take any of my suggestions... shelter, church you used to go to, etc. He was close to tears last phone call. So he's playing on my MAMA emotions and it is killing me!

Awh Phyll, I feel for you... you did the right thing though by NOT giving in to him.. TOUGH LOVE.. I have a nephew (my Sisters) who is an Oxycontin addict and he's asked for money, over and over... you just gotta cut them off and keep them OFF!~ otherwise they just never learn to solve their own problems... and it IS "his" problem... you did your job and loved them and raised them all the same... still some never grow up. I know you PRAY for him the rest is up to him.

Change of subject: Gotta get that stuff off my mind! Our girls' night out while guys were at football bowl game in SF last night did not pan out as we'd planned. We did a little shopping and the went to dinner. But when me got to the movie.. first of all the parking lot was an absolute zoo and DIL couldn't find a place to park. So she dropped off DGD & me out front (pouring rain). So I wait in line to buy tickets and when I finally get to the window, cashier tells me that movie is not playing that night. Internet times were WRONG. DIL checked again when we got home and they were still wrong! And there were very few PG-13s and no other movie we wanted to see (we were going to see the one about the "Morgans"). So we decided to go back home and have our own movie night in our jammies. So we watched "All About Steve". It was over about the time the guys got home.

I am glad you had a super time in San Fran with your daughter and Grands... movie night sounds just right to me... wish I was there!!!

I heard from an OLD friend this a.m. I haven't talked to her in 1 1 /2 yrs.... cause "I" gave up trying to stay in touch with her... I was always the one calling and checking on her.... so I quit.

But it was nice to hear that she is well and happy... albiet a little lonely.. It was her B-day and she had no plans...

I may call her next week for lunch... we'll see

WEll have a GREAT DAY ladies... HUGS to all:thumbup:

This is our last day here before heading south again. Stopping at friends' tomorrow night.. in Three Rivers! Jacki will be proud of me... she kept telling me I needed to go to the Good Will store in Los Altos. So DIL took me there yesterday and I found a pair of Waterford Crystal wine stoppers.... "Star of Erin", still in the box, brand new never used, msrp... $59.99, and I got them for $14.xx! I'm going to give them to her! LOL

HUGS :lol:HUGS :smile: HUGS

This thing with our son is really getting me down. Pass the fudge! LOL! Now he's putting notes on FB and doing his very best to play on my emotions, trying to make me feel guilty because I went w/DGD and got my nails done. "Hope you're all comfortable", enjoy getting your nails done, etc. Then begging us to help him, "the worse place I've ever been in". I just can't take anymore. Earl is annoyed and angry and won't let me answer any more phone calls. I would've given in by now and just played the d...... motel bill and get him off my back.

This thing with our son is really getting me down. Pass the fudge! LOL! Now he's putting notes on FB and doing his very best to play on my emotions, trying to make me feel guilty because I went w/DGD and got my nails done. "Hope you're all comfortable", enjoy getting your nails done, etc. Then begging us to help him, "the worse place I've ever been in". I just can't take anymore. Earl is annoyed and angry and won't let me answer any more phone calls. I would've given in by now and just played the d...... motel bill and get him off my back.

Dear Phyl; Your son has a warped sense of entitlement... He feels that the world has done him wrong, and that its Your responsibility to provide for him... its not your job to bail him out of every crisis. Plus if he does succeed in wearing you down and getting money out of you... he'll just do it over and over and over. Its usually a bottomless pit. Don't buy into it. Be strong...

(((hugs)))