Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Steph, So sorry for where you're at emotionally right now. My first thought, too, was that maybe you need antidepressant adjusted or changed. This can be a very difficult time of year. Very common to have problems with depression at Christmas time. Not that that will help you feel any better! But, hugs from me, too! You KNOW we CARE!!

Karla, sorry about the "perfect house" disappointment! That's a real bummer! Nice house, too!

Janet, glad to hear things went well with Karri. I had two people having surgery on my prayer list for today... Karri & Terrie!! LOL!

Didn't get back from all my activities today until almost 3pm! Then we had to go to the post office to mail a package! So it's been a busy day!

Made 3 prs of earrings today.. Christmas trees, and other dangly earrings to match the two bracelets I made a couple of weeks ago.

When I got home, Earl had already crashed his new helicopter in the desert and broke one of the blades!! He was supposed to put it back in the box and let me wrap it up!! So I guess I can play with my iTouch some more tonight. I won't crash it or break it, though. He did resurrect my wireless mouse! Dried it all out, but he'd messed up the buttons trying to take it apart this morning, so then he had to fix that! Good thing he's handy with stuff like that!

Steph, So sorry for where you're at emotionally right now. My first thought, too, was that maybe you need antidepressant adjusted or changed. This can be a very difficult time of year. Very common to have problems with depression at Christmas time. Not that that will help you feel any better! But, hugs from me, too! You KNOW we CARE!!

Karla, sorry about the "perfect house" disappointment! That's a real bummer! Nice house, too!

Janet, glad to hear things went well with Karri. I had two people having surgery on my prayer list for today... Karri & Terrie!! LOL!

Didn't get back from all my activities today until almost 3pm! Then we had to go to the post office to mail a package! So it's been a busy day!

Made 3 prs of earrings today.. Christmas trees, and other dangly earrings to match the two bracelets I made a couple of weeks ago.

When I got home, Earl had already crashed his new helicopter in the desert and broke one of the blades!! He was supposed to put it back in the box and let me wrap it up!! So I guess I can play with my iTouch some more tonight. I won't crash it or break it, though. He did resurrect my wireless mouse! Dried it all out, but he'd messed up the buttons trying to take it apart this morning, so then he had to fix that! Good thing he's handy with stuff like that!

Ya I read on FB where he crashed the plane :0) Glad he's handy - that's one reason you keep him around..

Yep I would say - you get to play with your new phone some more...

Well, on my mentor thread they have been talking about food I am STARVING....

Bf - Pork Tenderloin 3 oz - lunch Small spinach salad w/tuna & Onion - and a small hand full of dry roasted nuts - the 3 miles at the gym..

Dinner - fish - rice and butternut squash

Have you cooked the other half your way??

Ya I read on FB where he crashed the plane :0) Glad he's handy - that's one reason you keep him around..

Yep I would say - you get to play with your new phone some more...

Well, on my mentor thread they have been talking about food I am STARVING....

Bf - Pork Tenderloin 3 oz - lunch Small spinach salad w/tuna & Onion - and a small hand full of dry roasted nuts - the 3 miles at the gym..

Dinner - fish - rice and butternut squash

Have you cooked the other half your way??

Haven't cooked it yet, but I better do it tomorrow!! We didn't feel like cooking much of anything after a full day of activities. So we had Beans and wienies... the 45 calorie ones.

I'm gone for a day and you all have exciting things going on.

1st, glad Karri's surgery went well!

Steph, check the meds, and then remember...you have my phone #. you aren't alone. I've been there. You can do this. As Janet says, "you can't control what is going on, but you can control how you react." Girl friend, put the crap down!!!

Disappointing meeting with the realtor. My quilt room has to go. I'm to the point of crying. What is the point. The group of realtors who came in really tore the place apart. So I have to dump my plants, too scraggly looking. Tear down the quilting room. Move pictures around, turn my sewing room into a 'family room'. Move furniture, including a huge cabinet, 7 ft tall, that I use for quilting supplies, move half the living room into the new 'family room' and turn all the lights on and open all the curtains. Move the Christmas tree, use the otoman for a coffee table, go buy a tray to put on the ottoman. Move my comfy chair from the living room to the family room. No more snuggling up in it to watch TV. AND consider dropping the price. If I drop the price, I may not clear enough to buy a new place.

Party was good, couldn't eat. Was afraid I'd stick, so ended up coming home and eating crap. I'm tired, didn't take my sleep meds until almost 10 pm, so now I'm trying to function while "still under the influence". I should have just skipped them, dumb.

I'm to the point I don't care anymore. I'm tired! Tired of it all. Including life. Wrong attitude, but I'm tired. Well best get going. Sorry, like Steph to be such a downer. I just didn't realize I'd have to sacrifice my sewing room and live without a nest for the unforseeable future. Doesn't matter.

Good Morning Gang..

Oh Karla - hugs - so they are having you stage your house.. Move the Christmas tree - How dumb imho.. This is their opionion - its not set in stone.. Plus you have to be able to live in the house. Your quilting sewing is your life line - you gotta find away to keep those things..

You know what - don't do anything till after Christmas - How many pple are you going to have between now and xmas - Then after the holidays stage the house.

Sorry about not being able to eat - that's the pits - that's the problem w/our bands at time..

When we were in Canada this past summer - we were eating at the fast food court - If I remember right - Phyl - Me and Candice all got stuck on our food and ended up in the bathroom - Tracy (phyl's DD) thought it was sorta funny I think - she thinks that we do that all the time - when the truth is we don't - but that day and we did..

Well - I went to bed like 8:30 last nite - didn't go right to sleep but got in bed

Hi ladies. A new morning, a new day....hopefully a new attitude.

Janet, you are right. I can't control what is going on, but I can control what is going IN!!! I changed my "regular" order at the coffee house to a skinny, SF. Step one.

It is almost to 0 outside this morning. I told Jaimi that if it warmed up today we could try going outside to play in the snow this afternoon. Keeping fingers crossed. She really wants to go play...and the fresh air will do me good. A far cry from the -30 that it's been for the last 10 days. Thank goodness. It's supposed to be almost 20 tomorrow! How AWESOME is that.

Here's the problem with my depression meds. My PA who perscribed them quit the clinic here. She did give me enough refills to last me quite awhile. The doc here doesn't believe in "all that depression crap." In his words, "there is no magic pill to make you feel better, you have to do it yourself." So I am sort of stuck. But, yes, I think they need adjusted. And no, I can't just go to someone else....remember....middle of nowhere. My therapist is not licensed to prescribe meds so she can't help. Michael's psych wants me to come to 2 appointments before she will do anything...and I just don't have that kind of time or money at this point. Between Michael's stuff and my weekly therapy....it's getting tight.

Okay...so I'm working really hard on lots of things. Mostly my social anxiety. I have made big strides in that matter, I think. I had 20 people here for thanksgiving. I invited another kid and his parents to the movies with Nick and I. I went to a Christmas exchange party by myself. Those are HUGE things for me. .... so that is a positive. We've also been working on being less "my way" with the kids when it comes to doing things with the kids, like making beds and Cookies and playing games. Just going with the flow with the kids is really hard for me. So we are doing better that way.

But in all that, I lost the focus on my weight. That and still not being able to eat anything solid. I'm so frustrated at getting stuck. There is nothing wrong with the band. Just stress. I just can't seem to destress and stay that way. Each time I get myself to a point that I can eat, another disaster crops up. Mostly with Michael. But....I've gotta stop getting so stressed out about him, because it's really causing too much pain.

Okay...going to go for a big. Time for Jai and I to snuggle in and watch a bit of tv together. Man she's a doll!!! If it wasn't for her, I'd be a super mess!

Love you ladies. You're the best!

Disappointing meeting with the realtor. My quilt room has to go. I'm to the point of crying. What is the point. The group of realtors who came in really tore the place apart. So I have to dump my plants, too scraggly looking. Tear down the quilting room. Move pictures around, turn my sewing room into a 'family room'. Move furniture, including a huge cabinet, 7 ft tall, that I use for quilting supplies, move half the living room into the new 'family room' and turn all the lights on and open all the curtains. Move the Christmas tree, use the otoman for a coffee table, go buy a tray to put on the ottoman. Move my comfy chair from the living room to the family room. No more snuggling up in it to watch TV. AND consider dropping the price. If I drop the price, I may not clear enough to buy a new place.

I'm to the point I don't care anymore. I'm tired! Tired of it all. Including life. Wrong attitude, but I'm tired. Well best get going. Sorry, like Steph to be such a downer. I just didn't realize I'd have to sacrifice my sewing room and live without a nest for the unforseeable future. Doesn't matter.

I'm sorry! I think that sounds like a bunch of crap!!

Like Janet said... don't do anything until after Christmas... heck, even after the 1st of the year... then two things I would NOT do are move your comfy chair and do away with the sewing/quilting stuff!! They're making excuses for why the house didn't sell yet and it's just a combination of the economy and the time of year. I would NOT lower the price either!

Good Morning Gang..

Oh Karla - hugs - so they are having you stage your house.. Move the Christmas tree - How dumb imho.. This is their opionion - its not set in stone.. Plus you have to be able to live in the house. Your quilting sewing is your life line - you gotta find away to keep those things..

You know what - don't do anything till after Christmas - How many pple are you going to have between now and xmas - Then after the holidays stage the house.

Sorry about not being able to eat - that's the pits - that's the problem w/our bands at time..

When we were in Canada this past summer - we were eating at the fast food court - If I remember right - Phyl - Me and Candice all got stuck on our food and ended up in the bathroom - Tracy (phyl's DD) thought it was sorta funny I think - she thinks that we do that all the time - when the truth is we don't - but that day and we did..

Well - I went to bed like 8:30 last nite - didn't go right to sleep but got in bed

I sure agree with everything you said about Karla's situation!!

As for Tracy, she thought it was sorta funny, but she was also freaking and concerned! I think it was good for her to see the challenges we face!

Janet, you are right. I can't control what is going on, but I can control what is going IN!!! I changed my "regular" order at the coffee house to a skinny, SF. Step one.

Here's the problem with my depression meds. My PA who prescribed them quit the clinic here. She did give me enough refills to last me quite awhile. The doc here doesn't believe in "all that depression crap." In his words, "there is no magic pill to make you feel better, you have to do it yourself." So I am sort of stuck. But, yes, I think they need adjusted. And no, I can't just go to someone else....remember....middle of nowhere. My therapist is not licensed to prescribe meds so she can't help. Michael's psych wants me to come to 2 appointments before she will do anything...and I just don't have that kind of time or money at this point. Between Michael's stuff and my weekly therapy....it's getting tight.

Okay...so I'm working really hard on lots of things. Mostly my social anxiety. I have made big strides in that matter, I think. I had 20 people here for thanksgiving. I invited another kid and his parents to the movies with Nick and I. I went to a Christmas exchange party by myself. Those are HUGE things for me. .... so that is a positive. We've also been working on being less "my way" with the kids when it comes to doing things with the kids, like making beds and Cookies and playing games. Just going with the flow with the kids is really hard for me. So we are doing better that way.

But in all that, I lost the focus on my weight. That and still not being able to eat anything solid. I'm so frustrated at getting stuck. There is nothing wrong with the band. Just stress. I just can't seem to destress and stay that way. Each time I get myself to a point that I can eat, another disaster crops up. Mostly with Michael. But....I've gotta stop getting so stressed out about him, because it's really causing too much pain.

Okay...going to go for a big. Time for Jai and I to snuggle in and watch a bit of tv together. Man she's a doll!!! If it wasn't for her, I'd be a super mess!

You need to get a little more assertive with that doctor!! You need the meds to even you out right now... Holidays have their unique challenges in themselves and you have a lot of other things going on!!!

Karla,

The staging sounds like a good idea, but some of their suggestions sound over the top. I agree with Janet, I wouldn't do anything until after Christmas. You have 9 days until Christmas. If people are looking at houses right now, they will understand the tree and other things. Blah Blah Blah.

However, with Dad having been a realtor and Bill being one, I have a little different perspective at staging. It really does help. However, you don't have to take ALL the advice. Bits and pieces will be fine. I'm guessing the idea of the quilting room is that people are looking for second family rooms. Is there a way that you could combine the quilting room with the family room idea. For example, could you do some of the parts that take the bigger machines to stock up and then make it an old fashioned quilters room with displays of your quilts and a "stitching station" with your comfy chair and a nice light? I'm sure the idea of getting rid of the big cabinet is to make the room look bigger. If you don't have a better place to put it, ignore it.

Spend the next 10 days designing and thinking about the ideas, and then, after Christmas, spend a few of your days off putting it in action. It's hard to do it, especially when we have so many things we love, but when selling, less IS more. how crazy. But if you take from now until Christmas thinking about the ideas, you might feel better about it. Remember, when we are told to change, our first instinct is resistance. Usually, after a few days of thought, we are al ittle more open.

Love you hon. Remember, you have made this your home and it's hard to take advice on selling it. One, selling it isn't what you really want to do. Two, your personal feelings are in every piece of furniture and knick knack. Just take a deep breath and remember why you are doing this. And love yourself. You're wonderful!

It is almost to 0 outside this morning. I told Jaimi that if it warmed up today we could try going outside to play in the snow this afternoon. Keeping fingers crossed. She really wants to go play...and the fresh air will do me good. A far cry from the -30 that it's been for the last 10 days. Thank goodness. It's supposed to be almost 20 tomorrow! How AWESOME is that.

Here's the problem with my depression meds. My PA who perscribed them quit the clinic here. She did give me enough refills to last me quite awhile. The doc here doesn't believe in "all that depression crap." In his words, "there is no magic pill to make you feel better, you have to do it yourself." So I am sort of stuck. But, yes, I think they need adjusted. And no, I can't just go to someone else....remember....middle of nowhere. My therapist is not licensed to prescribe meds so she can't help. Michael's psych wants me to come to 2 appointments before she will do anything...and I just don't have that kind of time or money at this point. Between Michael's stuff and my weekly therapy....it's getting tight.

Steph - WTG on your skinny latte and yes it's a step..

I know you are in the middle of no where - but sweetie if your doc is stupid and doesn't beleive in depression (even thought it's a medical fact) then YOU MUST MAKE TIME to go to the next town over or where ever you have to go - That's an order - hell this is why you most likely left us for a while cuz you got tired of our advice :unsure::):ohmy:

The longer you stay locked up in the house the harder it is to get out - I know this from experience ..

I know you do have the time - cuz I read somewhere that you were basically locked up in the house (or I thought I read this)- except I know from FB you are going places - so if you make time for snowmobile auctions/raffles - then I think you need to make time for YOU...

As for Tracy, she thought it was sorta funny, but she was also freaking and concerned! I think it was good for her to see the challenges we face!

Yep that's the hardest part of the band - is you can't just grab anything to eat ...

Karla,

The staging sounds like a good idea, but some of their suggestions sound over the top. I agree with Janet, I wouldn't do anything until after Christmas. You have 9 days until Christmas. If people are looking at houses right now, they will understand the tree and other things. Blah Blah Blah.

However, with Dad having been a realtor and Bill being one, I have a little different perspective at staging. It really does help. However, you don't have to take ALL the advice. Bits and pieces will be fine. I'm guessing the idea of the quilting room is that people are looking for second family rooms. Is there a way that you could combine the quilting room with the family room idea. For example, could you do some of the parts that take the bigger machines to stock up and then make it an old fashioned quilters room with displays of your quilts and a "stitching station" with your comfy chair and a nice light? I'm sure the idea of getting rid of the big cabinet is to make the room look bigger. If you don't have a better place to put it, ignore it.

Spend the next 10 days designing and thinking about the ideas, and then, after Christmas, spend a few of your days off putting it in action. It's hard to do it, especially when we have so many things we love, but when selling, less IS more. how crazy. But if you take from now until Christmas thinking about the ideas, you might feel better about it. Remember, when we are told to change, our first instinct is resistance. Usually, after a few days of thought, we are al ittle more open.

Love you hon. Remember, you have made this your home and it's hard to take advice on selling it. One, selling it isn't what you really want to do. Two, your personal feelings are in every piece of furniture and knick knack. Just take a deep breath and remember why you are doing this. And love yourself. You're wonderful!

This is why we need you back - and it's good for you to focus on us - gets you from thinking too much about you - hell - too much thinking isnt always a good thing :0) -

Hugs Hugs Hugs - Love having you back !!

Karla,

Just had an idea...don't know if it will work with your situation, but it's an idea. ...

Could you give your quilter friends and girls the ideas, and ask for them to do it for you for Christmas? You could go to town for the day and with 5 or 6 people working it would probably only take an afternoon. Sort of like that show that used to be on...where they would send the person away for the day and they would come home to a whole new house. If it's just moving stuff....it might work. Something to think about. I'd come help but have been spending all the time away from home in Billings instead of in Lincoln.

Just an idea....

Good Morning Gang..

I had to laugh when I read the part about you, me and Phyl all getting stuck in the FOOD COURT... that was a coincidence.

Karla, I feel for you having to put away your quilting stuff. that's MY sanity time!!!! Oh my gosh - doing with out it ? I'd go nuts, absofreekinglootly nuts...

Some really nice things happened today at work. Training my replacements (the 3 of them!) ha,ha... all really nice gals, like them all... so it was easy ... BUT my patients... they are SO sad that I am leaving...:) and I can't even TELL them the REAL reason I am leaving... (cause of that bitch) so I smile and say "I'm retiring to keep my hubby company"...

Now last night , my BOSS wanted to have a word with me... in her office... oh no, I figure here we go again:mad2:

Well, she tells me how much she is going to miss me, starts freeking CRYING and everything... then she starts to HUG me... oh crap... Lady grow up and do the right thing FIRE the STUPID TART at the FRONT DESK... and all will be well.:)]Then today, at the end of my day I get a massage from one of the M. Therapists at the clinic... SHE starts in about how she'lll miss me... what are we going to do without my SUNNY disposition around the CLINIC:confused:

:ohmy: Ha, they ALL should'a thought hard about that 2 weeks ago!!!

Now I have TWO more days .... yippee.... and a possibility of another CHIRO office in town that wants me!

what is that old saying? "he who laughs last, laughs best":unsure:

Stephanie: I know you are probably lurking....

Girlfriend, we love you, you don't always have to be UP and perky for us to LOVE you.... we do all the time...

I know you are going thru icky times, Troubles with your son, counseling (it is draining for sure) and you need to focus your energies there... we understand...

Just please know that when you are ready, we're here... and we always like hearing from you - no matter what...

ANd before you know it, spring will be here and DH and I WILL be visiting you in Montana... either right before we stop and see Karla or right after (can't picture the geography right now?)

HUGS, HUGS, HUGS...

:unsure: Peaches and the GANG

Karri: I hope you are feeling better today than yesterday... I know they are probably giving you lots of GOOD drugs... so enjoy! while you have them... Post and let us know when you can, how you are and what THEY look like now!!???!!! :)

I had to laugh when I read the part about you, me and Phyl all getting stuck in the food COURT... that was a coincidence.

Karla, I feel for you having to put away your quilting stuff. that's MY sanity time!!!! Oh my gosh - doing with out it ? I'd go nuts, absofreekinglootly nuts...

Some really nice things happened today at work. Training my replacements (the 3 of them!) ha,ha... all really nice gals, like them all... so it was easy ... BUT my patients... they are SO sad that I am leaving...:) and I can't even TELL them the REAL reason I am leaving... (cause of that bitch) so I smile and say "I'm retiring to keep my hubby company"...

Now last night , my BOSS wanted to have a word with me... in her office... oh no, I figure here we go again:mad2:

Well, she tells me how much she is going to miss me, starts freeking CRYING and everything... then she starts to HUG me... oh crap... Lady grow up and do the right thing FIRE the STUPID TART at the FRONT DESK... and all will be well.:)]Then today, at the end of my day I get a massage from one of the M. Therapists at the clinic... SHE starts in about how she'lll miss me... what are we going to do without my SUNNY disposition around the CLINIC:confused:

:ohmy: Ha, they ALL should'a thought hard about that 2 weeks ago!!!

Now I have TWO more days .... yippee.... and a possibility of another CHIRO office in town that wants me!

what is that old saying? "he who laughs last, laughs best":unsure:

Isn't that just too funny the majority of the pple in your office love you and cuz of one twit that boss won't fire you are retiring to keep your sanity :0)..

I figure you will have another job with in the next year sometime - maybe not right away - but soon ;0)

Well have gym tonite :D)

Do not open any Facebook emails as it could be a virus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

got this warning from our it person -

Facebook Christmas Worm Spreads Holiday Infection

Koobface, the worm that has plagued Facebook, Twitter and other social sites, is back.

The latest version of the infamous Koobface worm carries a Christmas greeting that can render victims' computers inoperable.

PandaLabs, the research arm of anti-malware company Panda Security, says that a variant of the Koobface worm, Koobface.GK, is being spread through the posting of malicious links of Facebook wall pages.

The links take Facebook users to a fake embedded video player that offers a Christmas greeting, in keeping with the tendency of cybercriminals to try to exploit current or seasonal events.

Attempting to play the video or to click on the links on the page leads to an infection attempt, which will compromise the victim's computer if successful.

Once installed, the malware presents a CAPTCHA image that threatens to reboot the computer within three minutes.

Solving the CAPTCHA puzzle at the worm's behest creates new Facebook accounts to help the worm spread.

PandaLabs says that while the infected computer does not shut down if the victim does not solve the CAPTCHA image within three minutes, it is rendered inoperable.

The computer's operating system isn't damaged so badly that it requires a clean system installation, but Sean-Paul Correll, threat researcher at PandaLabs, says that the typical user will not be able to escape the CAPTCHA screen presented by the malware.

Luis Corrons, technical director of PandaLabs, says that social networks have become a popular attack vector because users tend to trust messages that appear to come from friends.

Cisco's 2000 Annual Security Report also sees risk in social networks and notes that the Koobface worm has affected approximately 3 million computers.

"New attacks rely on social media users' willingness to respond to messages that supposedly originate from people they know and trust," the report says. "It is easier -- and often, more lucrative -- to fool a social media user in order to launch an attack or exploit or steal personal information."

To prove that point, Sophos, another security firm, set up two fake Facebook accounts to see how much personal information users would reveal upon receiving a friend request from an unknown person. After sending 200 friend requests from the two fake accounts, Sophos won 95 "friends" who revealed personal information about themselves and about others they knew.

The impact of attacks that arrive through social networks affects businesses as well as consumers. Cisco says that as much as 2% of Web traffic on corporate networks comes from social media sites.

Correll says that business users should worry about attacks through social networks, just like consumers.

Ladies...be ever vigilent. Today at work a student brought me a bag of homemade carmels. Now they were headed to the garbage, but you can't do it when the student is around. I was entering grades, etc. on my computer and looked over and there were 3 YES THREE, empty carmel wrappers. I don't even remember eating them. I must have, no one else gets near my desk, but hell, didn't even know I was eating them enough to enjoy them. So now those calories are lurking around waiting to land on my thighs or waist or something. grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Steph, I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE HERE. Okay here's the deal...what type of depression meds are you on? If it is zoloft or lexapro or the generic lexapro, you can increase your amount without risk. My doc, who by the way leans toward the homeopathic but at least realizes that depression is a chemical issue, has me adjust my meds as needed. I always need more in the winter so I up to anywhere between 40 to 60 mg. During the summer I drop to 10 to 20 mg. So here is what you do, use your stock pile to increase your dose, and have the therapist schedule you an appointment with someone in Bismark for one of the days you go for a session. No doc in his right mind is going to not modify your meds right now. Also, how long have you been on the same meds? I was on zoloft for about 10 years, always worked great, but then it stopped. Then went to lexapro and to the generic when it came out.

I agree with the staging ideas, heck I've been staging for 6 weeks. Half my possessions are in storage, I only have enough fabric to fill a small drawer. Yeah, I figured it would only be a month.

Today, I just couldn't be cheery. So I made sub plans for tomorrow. If school isn't canceled, we are getting freezing rain, I'm feeling ill. I had a headache all day and just couldn't be positive.

I imagine half my problem is the sugar overload last night. And then those sneaky carmels, they will crawl right down your throat when you aren't looking.

Should go find something for dinner. check in later, love you all

Good Evening Gang

Back from the gym - got the animals and Andrew fed...

I have appt 11:15 tomorrow for my MRI - But my knee hasn't really bothered me lately (a little Friday).. I have to take off all my jewelry I guess even though they are doing just my knee - do you know how much trouble that is lol... I am going to feel naked - I am going to take it off tonite - even my nose stud ..

Karla - Take the day off - you have the pto - take it - enjoy yourself - WTG on throwing the carmels away - those 3 aren't going to kill you.. How is your weight btw?? Are you losing - gaining or staying the same..

Phyl - What did you guys do today?? Whats for dinner