Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Good Evening ...

Well did 3 miles this a.m. then home shower and then ortho appt - they xrayed my knees - a little arthiritist but nothing unusual - they gotta do a MRI to see if I have torn my meniskis (sp) and it should take a week to get approval.. After that went to Stein Mart looking for Xmas top - then didn't have anything cute for xmas - only a few outer sweaters - they were having a big sale got a blouse for $20 and sweater dress for $29 and 2 candles for $1.50 each..

My knee was acting up a bit there - then went to get nails dones - had to wait about 1 1/2 - I was straving she said another 20 mintues = so I was going to go see what I could eat at the mexican restaurant - but there is a Mario's there too (italiain) and they had a lunch special $5.95 for an antipasto salad and slice of garlic bread - So I went there

This is a biggie - I went to a restaurant and sat in a booth and ate all by myself.. The salad was ok - not enough meat and had 1/4 of the bread - so I was really happy w/my self for making a good food choice..

After nails went to target for cat food - and came home and brushed the dogs and talked to Phyl...:rolleyes2:

She's going to play cards in a bit..

So that's it for my day - I am having Ralph's Delight for dinner - hamburger - onion - bell pepper - jalapeno - Tomato sauce over 1/4 c mashed tatoes... (it's a dinner he use to make - Ralph is the name of my ex)

Just had 4 pita chips & garlic hummas - and am stuck - but it was good :0)

Kari, beautiful work!! I love Batiks, but I've always done the dark tones,,,now I'm thinking the lighters are my new favorite. How was it quilted? in the ditch? You are a gifted artist, the earing holder, just sweet! You make me want to go sew and craft. Oh that's right, all my stuff is in storage. If this house doesn't sell soon, I may have to go and pull it all out of storage just to get some sanity back. What I really need to do is get DD#1's hand quilted, whole cloth quilt done. Now that it is cold enough I can work on it. Now if I could just keep the puppies off it. Black & tan doxies on cream whole cloth...NOT a good combination.

Janet, you have the day off!! But it is Friday, so I can't complain. In less than 12 hours I plan on being curled up with a blanket, maybe taking a nap!!

Thanks for the compliments. I have to admit that this quilt is one of my favorites. As for the finishing part, I have it machine quilted. Stitching in the ditch requires a better sewing machine than what I have. After doing bulletins at church this morning, GF and I headed out to go to the gym. We never made it. Did some shopping and went out to lunch. I was good. We both were. We had omelets. Good solid Protein. Tomorrow I need to get back to sewing. I've got four little taggy blankets to make for baby gifts and I want to do another Christmas quilt for my GF. She has to be on of the most generous people I know, helping others in need during the holidays. She's in the middle of a divorce, her parents will be in Florida over Christmas, taking her daughter with them so I want to do something to cheer her up because she is unable to go with them. And she loves Christmas so I want to make her a quilt. I'm trying to get back here more often. But I need to get going and I will check back later. Have a good night all.

It's FRIDAY and it's after 3:30!!! I'm home, have taken a nap, devine. Went to Steph's wall and told her that we hardly know her anymore. She says that she is in a bad place. So the only thing I can think of is that we each needs to go to her wall and get her back. I did respond that we can't help if she isn't here. I am worried, I know that she does one of 2 things when things are going bad, either eats or is so tight that she can't eat.

I have decided that there is no way in heck I am going to loose you all. So I am going to nag you all so you stay posting.

I'm going to go take a quick shower so I'll check back in a little bit.

Oh Phyl before I forget, you bet I will hem the pants before I mail them, just give me the inseam length of one of the pairs of pants that fit you 'just right' and I'll whip in a hem and drop them in the mail.

Thanks for the compliments. I have to admit that this quilt is one of my favorites. As for the finishing part, I have it machine quilted. Stitching in the ditch requires a better sewing machine than what I have. After doing bulletins at church this morning, GF and I headed out to go to the gym. We never made it. Did some shopping and went out to lunch. I was good. We both were. We had omelets. Good solid Protein. Tomorrow I need to get back to sewing. I've got four little taggy blankets to make for baby gifts and I want to do another Christmas quilt for my GF. She has to be on of the most generous people I know, helping others in need during the holidays. She's in the middle of a divorce, her parents will be in Florida over Christmas, taking her daughter with them so I want to do something to cheer her up because she is unable to go with them. And she loves Christmas so I want to make her a quilt. I'm trying to get back here more often. But I need to get going and I will check back later. Have a good night all.

Kari - I posted on FB how beatiful those quilts were - I am impressed by you quilters!!! How nice of you to make that gift for your GF.. That's so sweet.. With all that sewing you can't be eating :0)

It's FRIDAY and it's after 3:30!!! I'm home, have taken a nap, devine. Went to Steph's wall and told her that we hardly know her anymore. She says that she is in a bad place. So the only thing I can think of is that we each needs to go to her wall and get her back. I did respond that we can't help if she isn't here. I am worried, I know that she does one of 2 things when things are going bad, either eats or is so tight that she can't eat.

I have decided that there is no way in heck I am going to loose you all. So I am going to nag you all so you stay posting.

I'm going to go take a quick shower so I'll check back in a little bit.

Karla - I did that yesterday too - but she didn't respond to me.. But what I gather from FB things w/Michael are going well and seems like they are doing family things - but again maybe that's all for show and here she's feels more vulnerable?? But gotta say my feeling are a little hurt - are we that easy to forget - I guess cuz we have all shared so much that I think she doesn't want to talk to us - but I guess it's not about us but her.. So I guess she will come back when she wants to - but like you - when pple don't post usually means they aren't doing well and don't want the accountability.. Well hugs & Love to you Steph - Hope things get better for you and that you come back soon.

Candice - You haven't posted in a couple of days !!!

Ok no one posted today !!!

Well Phyl had Red Hat Xmas Party - How was it??

Karla doesnt post during the day :0)

Candice you usually do - Where are you...

Karri is having her reverse tt & boob reduction on Tuesday - so please keep her in your prayer...

Well going to go start Andrew's dinner - CB in a bit

I am here! I was out of town Yest. and today got home this afternoon... Then I get a phone call from my BOSS.. "IMPLORING" (her word not mine) me to give her another two weeks before I quit... 'It is just so unfair to have me leave without training the NEW person(s)'.. Yeah, now she is hiring 3 people to replace me(?) She is "fricking nuts" I don't want to spend 1 more day there, let alone the next 5 !!!!

I am so pissed tonight that I've given myself a headache:cursing:

Had to go to London to get checked out by my Gyni/Urologist yesterday... Bad snow storm so stayed overnight with friends... took the doggies with us... so that was an adventure! Everything a.O.k. down 'south'... dont' have to go back unless I have new issues...

BUT, GOOD NEWS.... I went to the GYM again today with my Gym buddy Michelle!!!! I did 15 mins on the eliptical, 20 mins on the treadmill 3.5% incline, then LEG weights... then recumbent BIKE for another 15 mins....:w00t:

Gotta stop stressing about WORK though, and stop eating JUNK.... but at least I am working out at the gym and walking my puppy... so I'm half ways being good.:rolleyes2:

Karla

Sounds good to me - The beach part - not a big mountain fan - I love the look of it - but I rather lay on the beach and swim in the ocean than hike in the mountains :00

I am lucky Sheba is a short hair - so I don't have to do much with her - but my Bear is like your cat - but he loves to be brushed... Thankfully it didn't get your actual eye..

Well I have doc appointment at 8:45 in the morn for my knees the stupid girl told me it was in Indio - well the message they left on the machine last night said Rancho Mirage - well I called this morning - yep it's in Rancho Mirage.. I am sure glad that got straighten out today or I would have been really pissed - as it is I don't have time to go exercise unless I get up at 5 - I really need to go - so we will see what happens tomorrow...

I have always thought about where I would like to live - want green - but don't want snow - want 4 seasons - don't want hurricanes - tornados -

Huum, sounds like you'f love living in Victoria B.C. or perhaps Seattle....????

No snow in Victoria and the trees stay green all year long... but you don't get the beautiful FALL colours that we get back east.... always a trade=off eh????:rolleyes2:

Janet, you are so RIGHT!!! I felt the same way, especially since Steph was my inspiration. I would NEVER have found a way to get my band. I am trying to understand, but LBT is such a part of my life now that I can't even imagine life without it. As I said before, without it, I would go back to my bad food habits. I know, I should understand more how life sometimes takes control and stops you from doing the things that were important.

Janet, I thought my house would be sold by now, lame I know, so I didn't figure it would matter to pack all my quilting. I will have to figure it out after Christmas. My realtor is heading to Arizona for 6 weeks. There will be someone who will handle things, but it won't be the same.

Well i suppose I best find something to eat.

TTFN

Where are the pictures of Kari's quilts????

Did I miss something???

Ha,ha... I found your quilt pictures on FB... Lovely, just lovely... hey here's an idea...

QUILTERS Carribean Cruise....???? Could be fun!

Ah Kari, you are a sweetie, you're friend will love anything that YOU make for her...

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHH Candice, that would be sweet. As long as it was a cruise that had quilting going on. I looked into an Alaskan quilt cruise and you spent more time sightseeing than quilting. I'm not against sightseeing and shopping, but I want to learn new quilt stuff. I would love to become a quilt teacher. I have the skill, but not the imagination that teacher's need to develop new techniques. I have come up with a few things, but not necessarily something that is marketable. That isn't necessarily true. I have come up with some ideas, but sat on them too long. I developed a series of magnetic 'refrigerator' quilts, quilt pieces that could be rearranged to make different quilt blocks on the refrigerator or car. Sold a few at craft fairs, but didn't get into marketing. Then someone came out with them later and I saw them in a quilting catalog. Hummm, how about quilted doggie coats? or car seat covers? So what ideas do you have? I do some of my own dyeing. But only for myself.

Am ignoring the magic bars in the refrigerator. I wish DD#4 would eat them soon since she requested them.

You all must still be sleeping.< /p>

Sadly I did not ignore the magic bars in the refrigerator. I ate enough servings for a family of 4. So today, either the magic bars go to the garage of I go to the garage, the combination of magic bars and I is NOT a good one. I'm weak weak weak. But today is a new day and a new attitude. yeah right. I'd throw them away, but they aren't mine. Maybe that's it, I can NOT eat food that is not mine. Maybe I should label them, "This is Elyse's study food, not Karla's pig out food." Why couldn't she have asked for veggies as study food?

I have been struggling this last few weeks. I am pushing the limits of my servings and still eating when my stomach says it is full. I know it is stress, but that is no excuse. So I am here to confess all. "I stand before you to confess to indescriminate eating, eating portions that are way to large, and eating multiple servings of magic bars. Sentence me at will." In my defense (as if I have one) this is my first "foody holiday" season. How do you all do it? Up until this point I have been able to ignore food that isn't healthy. Yes I have had occasional tastes, but NOTHING like this. If I'm honest, it started with Thanksgiving, the pumpkin pie. I really haven't recovered from that. It started me on a very slippery slope and now I am tobogganing into fat-hood. So HELP me!

Good Morning Chickies !!

I fell asleep on the couch after dinner last night - woke up at 11 and went to bed.. Angel woke me up at 5 - but I decided I still needed more sleep - so went back to bed work up @ 7:30...

Agenda today - Clean & wash... I love having the extra day off - would be better w/pay - but I will survive :0)

Karla - I'm w/you lbt is part of my life - yes I might not post always all weekend some weeks - you know especially if I have a hang over - and every now and then I get busy and if I stay on the computer too long things don't get done - but I don't think I will every leave - you all are my family. I can't imagine life without my peeps.. Hell I'm going to Florida to meet my Mentor thread ladies in Feb - that tells you how much lbt has become my life - and introduced me to a whole new set of freinds and made me a jet setter ;0)

OMG you die your own material & quilting - you are very talented - quilting requires too much math for me and preciseness (I realized this after Candice showed us her quilting stuff in July - I loved this one she was doing with her once a month quilt club yellow & blue it was absolutely beautiful (she did post a pic a while back of it) -

I don't have the paticene or the math skills to quilt (measure twice cut once) - I am a reader - DS 2nd grade teacher told me pple are either readers or math (ds math person and not reader) I have always done well in the reading & comprehension stuff

Candice - told you it would take at least 3 pple to do the job you did - I don't feel sorry for your boss - maybe she should have listened to you.. Quit eating - but WTG on the gym...

Phyl - How was your card game last night - did you win :0)... I know how competitive you can be :0)

Well going to go start a load of wash - cb in a few ...

You all must still be sleeping.

Sadly I did not ignore the magic bars in the refrigerator. I ate enough servings for a family of 4. So today, either the magic bars go to the garage of I go to the garage, the combination of magic bars and I is NOT a good one. I'm weak weak weak. But today is a new day and a new attitude. yeah right. I'd throw them away, but they aren't mine. Maybe that's it, I can NOT eat food that is not mine. Maybe I should label them, "This is Elyse's study food, not Karla's pig out food." Why couldn't she have asked for veggies as study food?

I have been struggling this last few weeks. I am pushing the limits of my servings and still eating when my stomach says it is full. I know it is stress, but that is no excuse. So I am here to confess all. "I stand before you to confess to indescriminate eating, eating portions that are way to large, and eating multiple servings of magic bars. Sentence me at will." In my defense (as if I have one) this is my first "foody holiday" season. How do you all do it? Up until this point I have been able to ignore food that isn't healthy. Yes I have had occasional tastes, but NOTHING like this. If I'm honest, it started with Thanksgiving, the pumpkin pie. I really haven't recovered from that. It started me on a very slippery slope and now I am tobogganing into fat-hood. So HELP me!

I'm Here I see you posted while I was still typing..

#1 I can not - not eat stuff if it was in the house - So don't feel bad about that - It was Andrew's bday made him cupcakes instead of a cake - bagged them up and had him but them in his room - if they stayed in the kitchen I would have eaten them

You are a food addict Karla - you can't say no - it' doesn't make you a weak person - it's your addiction...

So what you have to do is not have the crap in the house or where you can get it (yes a few times I have wandered into Andrew's bedroom and gotten something - but that's when he's not here - so if DD#4 isnt in the house - throw the crap away - Explain to her about your addiction and that you can't say no - tell her they have to go in the trash or that she needs to hide them from you..

I make a deal with myself - did this my 1st banded xmas and still follow the rule today - I plan my treat for Xmas - the Cookies I make w/GDers - So I don't eat the stuff that comes at work - Plus I have more control during the day (well most days)than I do at night - at night I have NO CONTROL - it's my comfort time - it's the time I have always eaten (you know the closet eaters that we are).. So I don't keep food in the house that I can not say no to.. Funny thing I can say no to sf stuff but not real sugar -

I was pushing the limits a while back on what I was eating - and I think I posted to the fact too - that alone made me aware of what I was doing - so I made a concise effort not too.. So when you are full quit eating - then after your half hour - go make your self a coffee - I find that does work for me..

Once you go back to real sugar it's hard to stop - it's addicting I am not kidding you - it's my crack !!! So right now go throw the crap out and tell DD #4 - sorry but she's going to have to get her own sweets and hide them from you

Andrew is like your DD#4 he can have one or 2 serving of something then leave it alone - one time he told me he cryed cuz we didn't have anything sweet in the house and he wanted sweets (a rare occaission) so I just get him stuff I don't care for (poptarts - chip ahow cookies - these crunchy granola bars)